Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 821 to 840 of 3,493

meppi64

@OorWullie Hehe, indeed!
I'm gonna call it a night as well as the headache certainly isn't getting any better.
I'm pretty sure my new acid rainbow shirt put you off your game a little today compared to yesterday, so I'll have to keep that in mind and wear it again when we meet on the Spatterfields.

Anyway, another great night, despite the connection problems. Goodnight everyone!

edit: Also, who wanted more beat em ups on the Switch?
https://nintendoeverything.com/bad-dudes-vs-dragonninja-out-f...

Edited on by meppi64

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

AgentLA

@OorWullie @Lroy

Thanks guys, just got off work now. I was glad to see MK8 worked so well, considering I’m in LA and you guys are in Europe. But I had no lag or noticeable problems. Sorry to hear Splatoon was a mess.

That was fun, We got to do it again soon.

Edited on by AgentLA

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot 🚀

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

RetroGamerAndrew

Men, Danmaku Unlimited 3 is amazing. Did a couple of runs between yesterday and today and I totally dig the style and the gameplay (which is no surprise since I adored DU2 firsthand). The thing I love the most however is the OST, no doubt about it. Blankfield songs sport a killer blend of hardcore-prog-alt-metal that fits just perfectly the mood and the flow of the game.
Didn't try TATE mode yet but I'm sure it will be spectacular.

8.99 euro really well spent!

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

Lroy

@meppi64 Yes! I love BAD DUDES... just hoping these Data East games come to the UK eShop as well as North America.

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

wasilewski

You’ve talked me into it. As soon as I finish work tomorrow I’m gonna buy Danmaku!

Is there a caravan mode?

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

RetroGamerAndrew

@wasilewski AFAIK there isn't any online leaderboard, which is quite a bummer... can't confirm it 100% tho

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

Lroy

wasilewski wrote:

You’ve talked me into it. As soon as I finish work tomorrow I’m gonna buy Danmaku!

Is there a caravan mode?

I know this thread is becoming a danger to my wallet, lol! I've now lost count of the amount of eShop games I've bought already in 2018 ☺️

Edited on by Lroy

meppi64

@Lroy And it's not going to get any better I'm afraid.

Next week we'll get Sol Divide by Psykio. And while being far from the best Psykio game, I will be picking it up once more.
We'll also get World Heroes 2 Jet on Neo Geo and frickin' Moon Patrol on ACA!
It's been since the PSone days that I have played Moon Patrol on one of those Atari/Williams/Midway compilations. Didn't think we'd see this one again. Loved it back in the day in the arcades.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

wasilewski

Sol Divide is pretty cool, I’m gonna have to give it another few turns on MAME before I make a decision though. Moon Patrol is a nice surprise!

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

AgentLA

Moon Patrol?! I haven’t thought of that game in decades. Very cool!!

I really hope there’s a global high score feature for Danmaku 3.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

meppi64

@wasilewski Yeah, it's a pretty weird one. Certainly not a standard shoot em up.
Just don't go in expecting a classic style shooter and look at it as something of an experiment.
Some things work, some don't. This one is a bit of both sadly.

@Agent721 Yeah, I'm really hyped for Moon Patrol myself. Much more than for the other games actually.
I always tend to forget that it was an actual Irem game and not a Midway one. Always seeing the Midway logo in the arcade messed that up for me. lol
From the looks of it, Danmaku doesn't have online leaderboards. At least, none of which I could find. And I doubt they would hide such a feature away in such a way that it's easy to miss.

Edited on by meppi64

meppi64

Qualitybeats

I don't want to be a downer here everyone, but this leaderboard thread is lost within pages and pages of non-chase game discussion here. The thrill and excitement of visible chase data is completely obstructed, so much so that It doesn't even look like any of us are running this week. This isn't going to help our numbers and definitely isn't going to help new players to the thread.

I don't want to come off confrontational. Just an observation.

OneHeartLeft on YouTube

Switch Friend Code: SW-3372-2967-0798 | Twitter:

Lroy

@Qualitybeats Ha! Ha! I'm as guilty as anyone of going off topic. ☺️

Take onboard your point. Although I don't want to lose the nice sense of community we have built up either. Perhaps we could take these chats to an arcade/retro community thread?

meppi64

Lroy wrote:

Although I don't want to lose the nice sense of community we have built up either. Perhaps we could take these chats to an arcade/retro community thread?

You read my mind.
Either that or we can rechristen this tread to that as it's about 90% that anyway.

meppi64

Lroy

@meppi64 Actually your right. Perhaps we should just rename this thread, lol!

meppi64

@Lroy Let's ask @OorWullie then if he would do the honours and also create a new high score one with a bit of copy & pasting and editing.

meppi64

AgentLA

I’m ok moving the chats to a different thread and keep this one specifically about the weekly challenge. I’ve enjoyed both the chase and the communy interactions, and it be nice to keep both going.

Lroy

Well if the arcade community chat is going elsewhere can you make sure I get tagged in. Was also useful to set up gaming night like we have the past two nights.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic