Forums

Topic: Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Posts 1,521 to 1,540 of 10,553

BenAV

@edhe I didn't catch a single egg all day. I could actually use some more water eggs at this point honestly. It's the only type I don't have a lot of because they've always been so easy to avoid even before the egg nerf.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Xyphon22

Yeah, as long as you can cast fairly accurately, you don't get much less searching for fish than you do just throwing bait. But I think I'm done at the bronze. I'm not going to spend my whole day fishing (and my wife wouldn't let me anyway).

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Sugarkist

I'm really loving the game, its relaxing and takes my mind away from being made to stay indoor/in the garden during lockdown!

One thing I find a little irritating though is the way you have to place things - having played Sims Freeplay where you can easily place items, I find AC a bit frustrating when placing items outdoors. I want trees and flowers in certain places but often they will go in the squares either side of where I wanted it and I thought I was in the correct position to get it where I wanted it. I'd find it a heck of a lot easier if we could get an overview of the island and be able to place things that way. It would be less time consuming too.

But all in all that's a small irritation in a lovely game

Azooooz

Guys, I have just started playing this game. I am starting to like it already. The way they greeted me, and celebrated for me being the island president, such a good feeling. I believe this is just a scratch of the game. I can't wait to get more into the game.

The relaxing mood and the beaches and wave just take you away from the usual competition games like Smash Bros. and CoD:MW, I wish I could have gotten the game sooner, but here I am with it. It's my first ever Animal Crossing game and I feel like I'm a fan already.

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

BenAV

@Azooooz Welcome aboard. Enjoy.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

BenAV

@Pink_Yoshi I think the slight clunkiness and slow nature of it is part of the charm of Animal Crossing. Tasks take a bit of effort and work but it makes it feel all the more satisfying once you've accomplished your goal. I think it'd take away from the game if they made it too easy and streamlined. It's not so bad getting things where you want them once you get really used to everything.

BenAV

Sugarkist

@OctoGuy - that drawing is brilliant! Well done

@Azooooz Welcome to the Animal Crossing family, it will definitely take up a lot of your spare time!

@Status204 I never thought of that, I will do that instead. I knew someone on here would have a better idea of how to do something than me!

@BenAV I agree with you - I just think my island looks terrible compared to others and I am can't seem to get far in sprucing it up. I'll definitely get there in the end. My New Leaf village was the same, I'm still working on getting that up to scratch!

meeto_1

@Blaze420 hi Blaze. I think you added me as a friend online. Since it’s the same username. Looking forward to seeing your island in the future hopefully. Always happy to trade and give excess stuff away if you need anything.

Switch name: Jason
Friend code: SW-5068-9408-5112
Please let me know if you are adding me, I reject requests I don’t recognise.

Northern Hemisphere - UK
Island name: Bravos
Native Flowers: Tulips
Native Fruit: Oranges

meeto_1

That was my first fishing one day event and it felt a bit grindy. They don’t tell you the goals or what’s on offer so I felt I was fishing in the dark. I eventually looked online only to discover I needed 300 fish for gold and didn’t have enough time to do it. I literally snuck in a silver with my last round. I liked some of the things you get as a reward and I made a tidy profit plus I caught an oar fish twice. Nintendo I think needs to tweak these events a little. The balance is of but they are welcome.

Northern Hemisphere - UK

JereJK

@BenAV Hey would it be alright if I came by for the ironwood dresser?

JereJK

Switch Friend Code: SW-2647-2842-5111 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7883-6424

Ralizah

Is anyone's town paying over 93 bells for turnips today? I waited too long and stand to lose a lot of money otherwise.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JereJK

@Ralizah Mine are at 141 if you want to sell here

JereJK

Switch Friend Code: SW-2647-2842-5111 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7883-6424

Ralizah

@JereJK That would be fantastic, thanks.

Sent a friend request.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

BrittGOAL14

Opinions on the fishing tourney format? I’m still not too sure about how it makes me feel...

Switch Name - Brittany.
Island Name - Derry.
Dream Address - DA-5536-3403-5812

ACNH Catalog

Switch Friend Code: SW-7041-9015-5250 | 3DS Friend Code: 0619-3807-4819 | My Nintendo: BrittGOAL | Nintendo Network ID: BrittGOAL | Twitter:

Cynas

@BrittGOAL14 Personally I like the idea of catching as many fish as possible within a time limit, but I don't think it was executed in the best way. Getting your points for a round, selling the caught fish to CJ, and starting a new round should have all been streamlined. Having 3 separate conversations with unnecessary repeated dialogue each time was pretty poor design on something that has to be replayed 40-50 times to fully complete. It could have easily just been:

"Here's your points for this round! Want to sell all your fish?" (Y/N)
Then "Would you like to play again?" (Y/N)

I think the rounds should have also been a couple minutes longer with more incentive to catch a lot of fish. Give us another points bonus at 5, 7, and 9 fish caught, or higher if they gave us more time per round.

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

meeto_1

@BrittGOAL14 positives: unitrusive to your island life, short and snappy. Villagers donned nice hats, some of the rewards were nice if nothin phenomenal.

Negatives: very grindy and leaves you in the dark. How would anyone know to catch 300 fish for a gold trophy ?? I feel most would be bored way before then. I grounded it out for a silver but didn’t leave enough time for gold.

A goal chart and lower requirements for gold trophy would have made it better. I also hope the item rewards improve. The cherry stuff for example was great. The fishing stuff is much better than the Easter stuff which was derivative

Northern Hemisphere - UK

meeto_1

@Cynas I agree, some of the dialogue loops really grate. Blathers and flick are other problem areas.

Northern Hemisphere - UK

meeto_1

Is it just me or is the fishing a bit annoying in general? I think the first few weeks left a bad taste in my mouth. I never look forward to fishing.

When I started the game I found placing the line really fiddly. Too many fish just ignore your line unless it’s inches from their face and then too many catches are anything but fish. And the fact that junk acts like fish is funny the first few times and then it’s just really annoying. I’ve learnt the quirks but catch bugs for cash is superior in all ways.

Northern Hemisphere - UK

Xyphon22

My only real negative with it is that you have to dedicate your life to it for the day to get everything. They fortunately got rid of that for the Bunny Day event by stretching it out to more than a day, but then they added it to the Fishing Tourney because before you could technically get a gold by just catching one fish if you were lucky. I don't know if I'm ever going to get a gold trophy unless it just happens to fall while I'm out of town one month or something because I can't ignore my family for that long.

@meeto_1 Is this your first Animal Crossing? Because I have found fishing to be much easier in this game than in the previous ones. They will hone in on your bobber from further away than before and they will also hold a bite much longer before leaving. You don't have to be nearly as precise nor quick in this game, in my opinion.

Edited on by Xyphon22

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Cynas

@meeto_1 I don't think Blathers is too bad, mainly because you usually only talk to him once per day for fossils, unless it's a new month and you have some new fish and bugs. Or right after your museum completes and you have a huge pile of things to donate, but that's only a one time thing. Plus if you really want to avoid the dialogue you could donate multiple things at once, although you miss out on his interesting facts. He does have a couple of extra dialogue boxes that probably don't need to be there after the first time talking to him, but he's not nearly as bad as CJ and you genreally don't have to repeatedly talk to him every few minutes like you do with CJ in this event.

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic