Forums

Topic: Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Posts 1,541 to 1,560 of 10,553

BrittGOAL14

@Cynas @meeto_1 Exactly. I’m over the conversations to swap points for prizes, selling the fish and then entering again. Averaging about 9-10 points so I’ll have to play about 30 rounds. 15,000 bells and probably 30,000 conversations. 🙄 And I thought digging up 50 bait for today would be plenty... No chance.

Switch Name - Brittany.
Island Name - Derry.
Dream Address - DA-5536-3403-5812

ACNH Catalog

Switch Friend Code: SW-7041-9015-5250 | 3DS Friend Code: 0619-3807-4819 | My Nintendo: BrittGOAL | Nintendo Network ID: BrittGOAL | Twitter:

meeto_1

@Xyphon22 don’t judge, Pocket camp was my first game (I played it in anticipation to this game) it does have one or two strengths IMO. The fishing was stripped of any skill so no comparison. I think I just click better with catching insects. I also like that the effort I put in is for something I want and not another black bass.

Switch name: Jason
Friend code: SW-5068-9408-5112
Please let me know if you are adding me, I reject requests I don’t recognise.

Northern Hemisphere - UK
Island name: Bravos
Native Flowers: Tulips
Native Fruit: Oranges

Xyphon22

@meeto_1 Definitely not judging, I understand that if you are not used to it from previous games it might be difficult. And for whatever reason the small fish always trick and make me hit A before they bite and I lose them. This never happens with the medium or bigger fish, so I don't know what it is.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

JereJK

@Ralizah just added, I'm open btw

JereJK

Switch Friend Code: SW-2647-2842-5111 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7883-6424

BrittGOAL14

@meeto_1 Hmm. Someone on one of these NL forums gave me a tip regarding fishing. My reflexes are awful thanks to a couple disabilities. Missed I believe 3 tuna/blue marlins because of it. Try turning the volume up and closing your eyes when a fish starts to bite. I miss a lot less that way!

Switch Name - Brittany.
Island Name - Derry.

ACNH Catalog

Switch Friend Code: SW-7041-9015-5250 | 3DS Friend Code: 0619-3807-4819 | My Nintendo: BrittGOAL | Nintendo Network ID: BrittGOAL | Twitter:

JereJK

@BrittGOAL14 Definitely helps. Trying to watch the fish can make you preemptively press the button

JereJK

meeto_1

@BrittGOAL14 @Xyphon22 thanks for the tips. I quickly learnt about the sound cues. Once I hook them it’s fine. It’s lining up the hook that I find really fiddly. Especially on rivers. Today I found an easy fix. I ran straight to the beach and used bait and cast straight away. The line landed just in front of the fish every time. I never needed to readjust.

Northern Hemisphere - UK

Ralizah

@JereJK Thank you kindly. Really didn't want to lose money, and my prices were all terrible this week.

Really dig the town layout. Very organized and pretty.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Sugarkist

@meeto_1 I find fishing annoying too, its one of the things I least enjoy doing but I want to get all the fish etc so I'll keep grinding on.

I'm really fed up of getting those stupid Bunny Day eggs now too!

meeto_1

@Pink_Yoshi the eggs made me stop fishing for medium size eggs. It went downhill from there. I found Nintendo’s patch fixed the egg problem. I went to an nook island where all the fish were junk. That was the final straw.

Northern Hemisphere - UK

Mountain_Man

Cynas wrote:

@BrittGOAL14 Personally I like the idea of catching as many fish as possible within a time limit, but I don't think it was executed in the best way. Getting your points for a round, selling the caught fish to CJ, and starting a new round should have all been streamlined. Having 3 separate conversations with unnecessary repeated dialogue each time was pretty poor design on something that has to be replayed 40-50 times to fully complete. It could have easily just been:

"Here's your points for this round! Want to sell all your fish?" (Y/N)
Then "Would you like to play again?" (Y/N)

I think the rounds should have also been a couple minutes longer with more incentive to catch a lot of fish. Give us another points bonus at 5, 7, and 9 fish caught, or higher if they gave us more time per round.

Eh, that's just Animal Crossing. This series has never really catered to the "efficient" player.

The Mountain Man

BenAV

@JereJK Sorry, only just saw your message. You still available?

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

AndyD

ok anyone have an extra pear, apple, and/or cherry i could have for starting my last three fruit trees? i can't seem to find any other fruit on islands.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

BenAV

@scubydo I can give you a few of each if you're available now.

Will have my gate open for a little while. Dodo code is MTTTV.

Edit: Gate's closed now.

Edited on by BenAV

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

BrittGOAL14

@meeto_1 That’s why I use bait right now. Once the eggs are gone I won’t need to unless trying to spawn the one fish I’m currently missing.

Switch Name - Brittany.
Island Name - Derry.

ACNH Catalog

RR529

The fishing tournament in Animal Crossing has treated me well today, with the points I built up I've managed to get...

Decorations/Housing:
Anchor Statue, Fishing Rod Stand, Fish Drying Rack, Fish Rug, Fresh Cooler, Marine Pop Wall

Accessories/Tools:
Fish Pochette, Fish Wand, Fish Umbrella, Tackle Bag

Also, since I'd gotten over 100 points in total, I'm going to be getting a suprise gift in the mail as well (I'm guessing a trophy).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Sugarkist

Further to what @meeto_1 mentioned about fishing being annoying, I'd like to ask why when some fish bite at the bait twice or three times they decide to disappear under the water and not reappear? I'm getting frustrated with them doing that!

Mountain_Man

Pink_Yoshi wrote:

Further to what @meeto_1 mentioned about fishing being annoying, I'd like to ask why when some fish bite at the bait twice or three times they decide to disappear under the water and not reappear? I'm getting frustrated with them doing that!

Fish will only disappear if they're "locked on" but you yank the hook too early before they've bitten or if you fail to pull as soon as they've bitten. I've never seen them nibble and then suddenly disappear of their own accord

The Mountain Man

JereJK

@Ralizah Thanks, I'm still working out a lot of stuff. Glad I could help!

JereJK

BrittGOAL14

Bummed I didn’t get the marine pop floor but maybe it wasn’t available to win yet. I have all prizes and dupes of the pochette and marine pop wall. Bummed I only managed 167 today. Was going for silver but there’s always next month. Definitely will stock up bait as that was what slowed me down despite crafting 4 spare poles and 50 bait... Hmm.

Switch Name - Brittany.
Island Name - Derry.

ACNH Catalog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic