Forums

Topic: Adult Switch Gamers

Posts 261 to 280 of 2,648

bluemage1989

28 year old father of a son and daughter. Plant operator labourer asphalter dock worker. At the moment mostly playing Mario Odyssey.

@Curlynob

What's Overcooked like??

Would you recommend??

Edited on by bluemage1989

bluemage1989

Mr_Humpf

@bluemage1989 To be honest we haven't given Overcooked much of a chance yet. I bought it to play with my boys, but they haven't shown a great deal of interest in it so far. My eldest (10) is very much obsessed with Zelda and Minecraft at the moment. My difficult middle child (5) is into Mario Kart, Pokken and ARMS. The youngest (2) likes wooden trains.

Friend code: SW-4624-7969-8089

JasmineDragon

bluemage1989 wrote:

28 year old father of a son and daughter. Plant operator labourer asphalter dock worker. At the moment mostly playing Mario Odyssey.

48 here, parent of two girls. I have been (deep breath) a farm worker, CNC machinist, tank driver, forklift operator, TV stage crew, assistant cameraman, waitstaff, floor worker in a shipping center, mover, Web designer, fantasy and horror writer, daycare worker, sternman on a lobster boat, animal handler and currently veterinary technician. I'm still not entirely sure what I want to be when I grow up.

Playing mostly Skyrim, Mario+Rabbids, and Strikers 1945 II at the moment.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Windy

I'M currently going through Xenoblade Chronicles again. I beat it a few years back after it became my favorite RPG of all time. I'm actually loving it just as much as the first time around. I'm messing around more with the affinities. I didn't pay much attention to affinity the first time around.

53 years old here Father of 2. A boy and a girl both of which are out of the house doing their thing in society. Proud of them both. I was a Bellman in Las Vegas for 30 years until I got cancer. I got Neuropathy from Chemotherapy and haven't worked for about 7 years. It's very painful.

Edited on by Windy

Still playing 3DS but will have Switch soon for multiplayer with friends. I miss you guys! Adam, Joni, Gavin and the rest of the Blue Rogues from the Phantasy Star Zero Days.

3DS Friend Code: 0877-0511-8391 | Nintendo Network ID: Windy3DS

andykara2003

Windy wrote:

I was a Bellman in Las Vegas for 30 years until I got cancer. I got Neuropathy from Chemotherapy and haven't worked for about 7 years. It's very painful.

Sorry to hear it Do you have any other home consoles or is it just the 3DS from now on?

Switch friend code : SW-2186-1426-3518

Nintendo Network ID: Andykara2003

bluemage1989

@JasmineDragon

What do you reckon to Strikers 1945?? Never played many scrolling shooters but I love WW2 stuff I know it's a bit more fantastical but is it a good entry into the genre??

bluemage1989

Windy

@andykara2003 Thank you. I have a Wii and a PS2 although I'm getting ready to sell the PS2. I had a Switch but we needed some fast money and I sold it. I'm pretty bummed about that decision. It's mainly Wii and 3DS. It's an awesome time to be a Wii player. Everything is so cheap.

Still playing 3DS but will have Switch soon for multiplayer with friends. I miss you guys! Adam, Joni, Gavin and the rest of the Blue Rogues from the Phantasy Star Zero Days.

3DS Friend Code: 0877-0511-8391 | Nintendo Network ID: Windy3DS

Mips

I know - the Wii has some amazing games. I even prefer the Mario galaxy games over the fantastic Mario odyssey. And the Wii is the definitive way to play Metroid prime 1 from the trilogy in my opinion because of the amazing controls. DKCR is pretty fantastic too - I have a Wii permanently hooked up to a CRT.

Mips

JasmineDragon

@bluemage1989 It's a great shmup, just forget everything you know about WWII before you play and you're good to go.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Enigminator

I think I'll mostly play Splatoon 2 for the drawing feature.

Enigminator

OorWullie

@bluemage1989 I've got both of the Strikers games, they're amazing shoot-em-ups. If I was to pick my favourite, I'd say the original edges it. Not many folk would agree with that but I find the challenge in 2 ramps up too quickly. I think the music is better in 1 too. You can't go wrong with either though. Same goes for Gunbird and Samurai Aces. I actually just started playing Samurai Aces today and it's possibly my new favourite from the Psikyo shooters. The graphics and music are top notch and the difficulty is spot on. If you do end up getting any of them, just remember to play them in vertical mode. Superb stuff.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Artonide

@adam9431 added All who wants to, add me : 4796-1687-6967. 31 years old.

Edited on by Artonide

SW-4796-1687-6967
Play mostly everything. 😊

bluemage1989

SW 6041 0289 6234 feel free to add me. Forgot to leave my code last week.

bluemage1989

PhilKenSebben

36 (37 soon) yr old fella here. Single father of two. One teen girl (help me), one almost double digits boy. I work 50+ hrs a week (At a psychiatric holding facility for jail inmates, and at a psychiatric hospital), love my job, and like to unwind with shooty blam blam games (RE: Rev2 raid, Doom, Payday 2), racing games (MK8D, Gear.Club), and some BotW when I want peace and exploration. Add me if any of those games sound fun, Im in the US. PST timezone. Usually on in the mornings.

-Chicken Salad is for the uncivilized.

FC: SW-6507-4376-7598

@MikeMcPhil

JoeDiddley

Ghost Town by The Specials was Number 1 the week I was born, here in the UK.

Does that make me cool enough to join the gang?

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

W90WBA

Soon to be 28 year old gamer - guess I’m pretty young for this thread eh?!

No kids, but I do work shifts, love taking my Switch to work on nights which I do every other week. Love Splatoon 2 not sure where it’s been all my life having never owned the Wii U

W90WBA

TCUltra1

I’m pretty close to 38 so I guess that makes me an auld fella 😆. SW -1178-9685-2401

I am playing a lot of Rocket League at the moment so feel free to invite if you see me on.

TCUltra1

Ironpeddler

Great idea for a sub forum!! In shopping for a new game console, I started reading about the Switch. I scanned the console remarks along with game reviews...then it hit me. Am I too old for this? Here's my situation. I'm 63yo and started out with the fake wood-grained Pong game that sat on a table so 2 people could play. I've had all the Nintendos...Sega Genesis, and the original Playstation. I stopped playing when I was required to hold down 4 buttons while pushing one joystick one way and the other another a different way to do a spin move in Madden...a long time ago. My son surpassed me when he was 10...he's 30 now and plays Overwatch on a home built super computer...damn crypto-currency miners with their driving up the 1080 ti GPUs!! But now I want to jump in again with a game console that isn't too complicated to operate but I can still enjoy.

All I want to do is blow stuff up, run around a given world to have fun, and race around a track gathering and running over stuff. I don't need a ton of games or the ability to play multiplayer over the Internet. Just something to kill some time instead of playing a game on two on my iPhone.

So my question to the members of this forum...is the Switch for me given my basic skills and wandering attention span? Thanks to all that respond!

Smoking cigars makes Life bearable....

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic