Forums

Topic: Adult Switch Gamers

Posts 261 to 280 of 2,394

GreyGoatee

So I took the plunge and picked up splatoon 2 last week and I'm happy to say it's bloody great!
I just wanted to say thanks for the recommendations. it's quickly become my favourite game on the switch so far.
even when we don't win a game it's still such a fun game to play.
it started to feel like every game on switch was a super hard metroidvania type game and I can't be annoyed with those type of games anymore.

My extremely user friendly code thingy (cos nintendo allowing adding gamertags would have been such a hassle!!!)
sw-1114-8148-5233

shani

@Ralek85 Hey, just wanted you to know that I'm gonna play some OW on Thursday evening with @YummyHappyPills (who's gonna stream it). Feel free to join us if you like.

My personal game of the year? Legend Of Marina: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant Legend of Zelda: Breath of the SPLATOOOOON!

Wanna play some Switch games together or just chat about games? Join our NL Inklings Discord serve...

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

bluemage1989

It is so great hearing other father's here reflecting what happens in my home my four year old daughter loves playing Arms Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart 8 and my two year old son enjoys eagerly encouraging!! Sharing this hobby with them feels so special and watching them grow in ability is great. Nintendo is the definition of family gaming even my wife enjoys some platforming. I have a nackering job so don't always have the energy for online but if something is occurring will try and get involved.

Bit off topic but what is everyone's line of work??

Currently Playing:

Switch: Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Doom and Arms.

WiiU: Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival and Mario Party 10.

N64: Donkey Kong 64 and Jet Force Gemini.

Xbox One: Battlefield 1 and Ghost Recon: Wildlands.

Ralek85

@shani Hi shani, I'd love to join you guys, but unfortunately, I won't be home between Wednesday and Saturday, so I won't have access to any of my systems (well, aside from the Switch of course, though I doubt I'll have much time for that either). It's a really busy week =(

If you like, you can leave a link to the stream though, maybe I'll manage to take a peek and do some relaxing while watching you guys kick a** ^^

Edited on by Ralek85

Switch: 3355-6459-9982 | 3DS: 2809-7989-1816 | NNID: Ralek85

Curlybobs

41 year old married father of three (all boys) (yes I am tired). I work in marketing (mainly graphic design based). Currently playing Bayonetta 2. Also: BoTW, ARMS, MK8, Splatoon 2, Mario + Rabbids, Super Mario Odyssey, Pokken DX, Fire Emblem Warriors, XC2, Skyrim, I am Setsuna, Fast RMX, Rocket League, Steamworld Dig 2, Rive, Thumper, Overcooked, Snipperclips... Friend code in the footer.

Edited on by Curlybobs

Friend code: SW-4624-7969-8089

Knuckles-Fajita

@Ralek85 @shani Dont expect A tier play from me either. Not with my control scheme XD

Sign up for the NL Inklings Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Tournament on June 23rd: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

bluemage1989

28 year old father of a son and daughter. Plant operator labourer asphalter dock worker. At the moment mostly playing Mario Odyssey.

@Curlynob

What's Overcooked like??

Would you recommend??

Edited on by bluemage1989

Currently Playing:

Curlybobs

@bluemage1989 To be honest we haven't given Overcooked much of a chance yet. I bought it to play with my boys, but they haven't shown a great deal of interest in it so far. My eldest (10) is very much obsessed with Zelda and Minecraft at the moment. My difficult middle child (5) is into Mario Kart, Pokken and ARMS. The youngest (2) likes wooden trains.

Friend code: SW-4624-7969-8089

JasmineDragon

bluemage1989 wrote:

28 year old father of a son and daughter. Plant operator labourer asphalter dock worker. At the moment mostly playing Mario Odyssey.

48 here, parent of two girls. I have been (deep breath) a farm worker, CNC machinist, tank driver, forklift operator, TV stage crew, assistant cameraman, waitstaff, floor worker in a shipping center, mover, Web designer, fantasy and horror writer, daycare worker, sternman on a lobster boat, animal handler and currently veterinary technician. I'm still not entirely sure what I want to be when I grow up.

Playing mostly Skyrim, Mario+Rabbids, and Strikers 1945 II at the moment.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Current location: Skyrim

Windy

I'M currently going through Xenoblade Chronicles again. I beat it a few years back after it became my favorite RPG of all time. I'm actually loving it just as much as the first time around. I'm messing around more with the affinities. I didn't pay much attention to affinity the first time around.

53 years old here Father of 2. A boy and a girl both of which are out of the house doing their thing in society. Proud of them both. I was a Bellman in Las Vegas for 30 years until I got cancer. I got Neuropathy from Chemotherapy and haven't worked for about 7 years. It's very painful.

Edited on by Windy

Good bye to the Switch. I sold my Switch and didn't price gouge anyone. That's probably it for home consoles me at 52. I love 3DS and consider it to be my console. The Switch went to a nice family with kids I'm sure who will love it for years to come.

3DS Friend Code: 0877-0511-8391 | Nintendo Network ID: Windy3DS

andykara2003

Windy wrote:

I was a Bellman in Las Vegas for 30 years until I got cancer. I got Neuropathy from Chemotherapy and haven't worked for about 7 years. It's very painful.

Sorry to hear it Do you have any other home consoles or is it just the 3DS from now on?

Switch friend code : SW-2186-1426-3518

Nintendo Network ID: Andykara2003

bluemage1989

@JasmineDragon

What do you reckon to Strikers 1945?? Never played many scrolling shooters but I love WW2 stuff I know it's a bit more fantastical but is it a good entry into the genre??

Currently Playing:

Windy

@andykara2003 Thank you. I have a Wii and a PS2 although I'm getting ready to sell the PS2. I had a Switch but we needed some fast money and I sold it. I'm pretty bummed about that decision. It's mainly Wii and 3DS. It's an awesome time to be a Wii player. Everything is so cheap.

Good bye to the Switch. I sold my Switch and didn't price gouge anyone. That's probably it for home consoles me at 52. I love 3DS and consider it to be my console. The Switch went to a nice family with kids I'm sure who will love it for years to come.

3DS Friend Code: 0877-0511-8391 | Nintendo Network ID: Windy3DS

Mips

I know - the Wii has some amazing games. I even prefer the Mario galaxy games over the fantastic Mario odyssey. And the Wii is the definitive way to play Metroid prime 1 from the trilogy in my opinion because of the amazing controls. DKCR is pretty fantastic too - I have a Wii permanently hooked up to a CRT.

Mips

JasmineDragon

@bluemage1989 It's a great shmup, just forget everything you know about WWII before you play and you're good to go.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Current location: Skyrim

Enigminator

I think I'll mostly play Splatoon 2 for the drawing feature.

Enigminator

OorWullie

@bluemage1989 I've got both of the Strikers games, they're amazing shoot-em-ups. If I was to pick my favourite, I'd say the original edges it. Not many folk would agree with that but I find the challenge in 2 ramps up too quickly. I think the music is better in 1 too. You can't go wrong with either though. Same goes for Gunbird and Samurai Aces. I actually just started playing Samurai Aces today and it's possibly my new favourite from the Psikyo shooters. The graphics and music are top notch and the difficulty is spot on. If you do end up getting any of them, just remember to play them in vertical mode. Superb stuff.

Edited on by OorWullie

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Mr Mustard ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ
SW-6101-8403-1640

๐Ÿ•น๏ธ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards ๐Ÿ•น๏ธ

DennisNOR

@adam9431 added All who wants to, add me : 4796-1687-6967. 31 years old.

Edited on by DennisNOR

SW-4796-1687-6967
Play mostly everything. Looking forward to Arena of valor and the better together update for Minecraft!

witch24

Im soon 34 yr, and singlemom...
Collect switch-games and this weekend i plays Dragon Quest Builders and Layers of Fear. My son have a blast with Pokken and Mario Kart๐Ÿ˜Š
Work as a fulltime nurse between gaming ...

Edited on by witch24

witch24

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic