Forums

Topic: Adult Switch Gamers

Posts 281 to 300 of 2,606

JoeDiddley

Ghost Town by The Specials was Number 1 the week I was born, here in the UK.

Does that make me cool enough to join the gang?

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Twitter: @mrjoediddley

Shane17

Soon to be 28 year old gamer - guess I’m pretty young for this thread eh?!

No kids, but I do work shifts, love taking my Switch to work on nights which I do every other week. Love Splatoon 2 not sure where it’s been all my life having never owned the Wii U

Shane17

TCUltra1

I’m pretty close to 38 so I guess that makes me an auld fella 😆. SW -1178-9685-2401

I am playing a lot of Rocket League at the moment so feel free to invite if you see me on.

TCUltra1

bluemage1989

@JoeDiddley

I'm going to have that stuck in my head all night now!!

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch: Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido and Arms.

WiiU: Mario Party 10 and Devils Third.

N64: Donkey Kong 64 and Jet Force Gemini.

SNES: Super Mario World

Ironpeddler

Great idea for a sub forum!! In shopping for a new game console, I started reading about the Switch. I scanned the console remarks along with game reviews...then it hit me. Am I too old for this? Here's my situation. I'm 63yo and started out with the fake wood-grained Pong game that sat on a table so 2 people could play. I've had all the Nintendos...Sega Genesis, and the original Playstation. I stopped playing when I was required to hold down 4 buttons while pushing one joystick one way and the other another a different way to do a spin move in Madden...a long time ago. My son surpassed me when he was 10...he's 30 now and plays Overwatch on a home built super computer...damn crypto-currency miners with their driving up the 1080 ti GPUs!! But now I want to jump in again with a game console that isn't too complicated to operate but I can still enjoy.

All I want to do is blow stuff up, run around a given world to have fun, and race around a track gathering and running over stuff. I don't need a ton of games or the ability to play multiplayer over the Internet. Just something to kill some time instead of playing a game on two on my iPhone.

So my question to the members of this forum...is the Switch for me given my basic skills and wandering attention span? Thanks to all that respond!

Smoking cigars makes Life bearable....

Benjoo

Hi all. New switch player here from the UK. Long time nintendo fan. 31 here and a father of 2 daughters and another baby on the way. Play mainly Mario Odyssey, Zelda, Mario kart and bayonetta. Nice to see a good bunch of mature players and interested to see what different games you lot play. I've added a number of people. Feel free to add me. My code is SW-6591-7171-4819.

Edited on by Benjoo

Benjoo

Lroy

@Benjoo Invite sent.

Also, any folks here that are fans of arcade games (we are in the right age range 😉) should head over to the Nintendo Life Community Arcade challenge thread: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/nintendo-switch/arcade_shm...

Lots of great arcade and retro gaming chat and weekly game challenges to play along with.

Thanks to @oorwullie for getting it going 👍

Edited on by Lroy

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 |
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot 🚀|
Retro Gamer

Link41

I'm a 31 year old Canadian gamer with two kids, no time and a hefty love of videogames. I'm finally getting myself a Switch in a few days so when I do, I'd love to have a few mature friends to play with! I'll Post my info in a few days when I pick the system up!

NNID Wii U: Link41
3DS FC: 2878-9590-3292

Judi

Oh hey there’s a thread for old people. Only 26 and questioning why I left a relatively cushy retail job for the stress of grad school. (Y’know aside from the fact that dealing with people in a retail setting can be awful).

You could add me on switch, but the only games I play with online capabilities are MK8 and Bayonetta 2. You could also add me on steam, but it’s the same sort of story there.

Also if anyone happens to work in a field relating to processor architecture, let me know if you can hook someone up with an internship.

Currently procrastinating on: implementing virtual memory and synchronization.
Currently distracted with: Mario Tennis Aces

Switch Friend Code: SW-1341-6334-2439

Derekcwv

I’m 34, new to the Nintendo switch community, and I’m looking forward to playing with you guys
SW-3474-9574-9756-6007

Derekcwv

Twitter:

ZeroZucko

Ran across this forum looking for older people to play with who have a Switch. 38 year old with a 9 year old. Working as an adjuster. Got a Switch because it's been awhile since I had a Nintendo console. Love the thing. Just picked up Payday 2. Most of the time I'm playing floor kids or trying to play Splatoon 2. Just really started that last one. Multiplayer games I have are FIFA18, Payday 2, MK8, 2K18 (which I never play). When I'm not sleep (lol) the kid has me playing Minecraft, Rocket League, and Floor Kids. Looking forward to playing with some older gamers again lol.

SW-2375-8273-8223

ZeroZucko

JasmineDragon

@Ironpeddler In a word, no. You are never too old for games.

In a few more words, the Switch already has a wide variety of games that includes something for every style of gamer. If you dread using ALL THE BUTTONS in arcane control schemes, there are a lot of games on Switch that keep it simple. Old-school shoot-em-ups abound thanks to the Neo Geo range and newer indie producers. There are a few racers out there that are pretty intuitive, RPGs, puzzle games, shooters, strategy, really something for everyone from the ultra-casual to the ubernerd.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Benjoo

@Lroy thanks for the heads up on the retro games. I've been interested in them. However I have a few AAA games I need to get through before buy a any more games. There is quite a library of neo geo games available now on switch I wouldn't know where to start!

Edited on by Benjoo

Benjoo

Ironpeddler

@Judi Where do you live Judi? I have a good friend who lives in Washington and works at the Oregon Intel campus. He's an engineer in their high speed transmission division...but interacts with all the divisions. Hey, you never know.

Judi

@Ironpeddler Texas, but I’m open to relocating.

Currently procrastinating on: implementing virtual memory and synchronization.
Currently distracted with: Mario Tennis Aces

Switch Friend Code: SW-1341-6334-2439

JasmineDragon

Ironpeddler wrote:

@JasmineDragon Any specific recommendations?

Well, I don't play that many different games compared to some around here, so others might have better recommendations for you. But here's a few that I like that don't have insane control schemes:

Mario Kart 8
Strikers 1945 II
Graceful Explosion Machine
Binding of Isaac Afterbirth +
Chess Ultra
Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Ironpeddler

JasmineDragon wrote:

Ironpeddler wrote:

Well, I don't play that many different games compared to some around here, so others might have better recommendations for you. But here's a few that I like that don't have insane control schemes:

Mario Kart 8
Strikers 1945 II
Chess Ultra

Thank you!!

bluemage1989

Ironpeddler wrote:

JasmineDragon wrote:

Ironpeddler wrote:

Mario Kart 8
Strikers 1945 II
Chess Ultra

Thank you!!

Recently started Mario+Rabbids and agree it is a great thinking mans game with spot on controls. Would definitely recommend from what I've played so far.

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch: Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido and Arms.

WiiU: Mario Party 10 and Devils Third.

N64: Donkey Kong 64 and Jet Force Gemini.

SNES: Super Mario World

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic