Forums

Topic: Adult Switch Gamers

Posts 281 to 300 of 2,648

Benjoo

Hi all. New switch player here from the UK. Long time nintendo fan. 31 here and a father of 2 daughters and another baby on the way. Play mainly Mario Odyssey, Zelda, Mario kart and bayonetta. Nice to see a good bunch of mature players and interested to see what different games you lot play. I've added a number of people. Feel free to add me. My code is SW-6591-7171-4819.

Edited on by Benjoo

Benjoo

Lroy

@Benjoo Invite sent.

Also, any folks here that are fans of arcade games (we are in the right age range 😉) should head over to the Nintendo Life Community Arcade challenge thread: https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/nintendo-switch/arcade_shm...

Lots of great arcade and retro gaming chat and weekly game challenges to play along with.

Thanks to @oorwullie for getting it going 👍

Edited on by Lroy

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Link41

I'm a 31 year old Canadian gamer with two kids, no time and a hefty love of videogames. I'm finally getting myself a Switch in a few days so when I do, I'd love to have a few mature friends to play with! I'll Post my info in a few days when I pick the system up!

NNID Wii U: Link41
3DS FC: 2878-9590-3292
Vita: Linkx41

Judi

Oh hey there’s a thread for old people. Only 26 and questioning why I left a relatively cushy retail job for the stress of grad school. (Y’know aside from the fact that dealing with people in a retail setting can be awful).

You could add me on switch, but the only games I play with online capabilities are MK8 and Bayonetta 2. You could also add me on steam, but it’s the same sort of story there.

Also if anyone happens to work in a field relating to processor architecture, let me know if you can hook someone up with an internship.

Currently procrastinating on: implementing virtual memory and synchronization.
Currently distracted with: Mario Tennis Aces

Switch Friend Code: SW-1341-6334-2439

Derekcwv

I’m 34, new to the Nintendo switch community, and I’m looking forward to playing with you guys
SW-3474-9574-9756-6007

Derekcwv

Twitter:

ZeroZucko

Ran across this forum looking for older people to play with who have a Switch. 38 year old with a 9 year old. Working as an adjuster. Got a Switch because it's been awhile since I had a Nintendo console. Love the thing. Just picked up Payday 2. Most of the time I'm playing floor kids or trying to play Splatoon 2. Just really started that last one. Multiplayer games I have are FIFA18, Payday 2, MK8, 2K18 (which I never play). When I'm not sleep (lol) the kid has me playing Minecraft, Rocket League, and Floor Kids. Looking forward to playing with some older gamers again lol.

SW-2375-8273-8223

ZeroZucko

JasmineDragon

@Ironpeddler In a word, no. You are never too old for games.

In a few more words, the Switch already has a wide variety of games that includes something for every style of gamer. If you dread using ALL THE BUTTONS in arcane control schemes, there are a lot of games on Switch that keep it simple. Old-school shoot-em-ups abound thanks to the Neo Geo range and newer indie producers. There are a few racers out there that are pretty intuitive, RPGs, puzzle games, shooters, strategy, really something for everyone from the ultra-casual to the ubernerd.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Benjoo

@Lroy thanks for the heads up on the retro games. I've been interested in them. However I have a few AAA games I need to get through before buy a any more games. There is quite a library of neo geo games available now on switch I wouldn't know where to start!

Edited on by Benjoo

Benjoo

Ironpeddler

@Judi Where do you live Judi? I have a good friend who lives in Washington and works at the Oregon Intel campus. He's an engineer in their high speed transmission division...but interacts with all the divisions. Hey, you never know.

Smoking cigars makes Life bearable....

Judi

@Ironpeddler Texas, but I’m open to relocating.

Currently procrastinating on: implementing virtual memory and synchronization.
Currently distracted with: Mario Tennis Aces

Switch Friend Code: SW-1341-6334-2439

JasmineDragon

Ironpeddler wrote:

@JasmineDragon Any specific recommendations?

Well, I don't play that many different games compared to some around here, so others might have better recommendations for you. But here's a few that I like that don't have insane control schemes:

Mario Kart 8
Strikers 1945 II
Graceful Explosion Machine
Binding of Isaac Afterbirth +
Chess Ultra
Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

Ironpeddler

JasmineDragon wrote:

Ironpeddler wrote:

Well, I don't play that many different games compared to some around here, so others might have better recommendations for you. But here's a few that I like that don't have insane control schemes:

Mario Kart 8
Strikers 1945 II
Chess Ultra

Thank you!!

bluemage1989

Ironpeddler wrote:

JasmineDragon wrote:

Ironpeddler wrote:

Mario Kart 8
Strikers 1945 II
Chess Ultra

Thank you!!

Recently started Mario+Rabbids and agree it is a great thinking mans game with spot on controls. Would definitely recommend from what I've played so far.

bluemage1989

meppi64

If you want a really challenging, yet relaxing game, be sure to give Picross S a try.
I've put in about 50 hours to perfect every single puzzle and can't wait for a sequel to release.

Oh and I'm 41.

Edited on by meppi64

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

Ironpeddler

meppi64 wrote:

If you want a really challenging, yet relaxing game, be sure to give Picross S a try.
I've put in about 50 hours to perfect every single puzzle and can't wait for a sequel to release.

Oh and I'm 41.

I'm zeroing in. That's about how I would describe how I want to go at this on this round! Thanks!

Ironpeddler

bluemage1989 wrote:

Ironpeddler wrote:

JasmineDragon wrote:

Ironpeddler wrote:

Mario Kart 8
Strikers 1945 II
Chess Ultra

Thank you!!

Recently started Mario+Rabbids and agree it is a great thinking mans game with spot on controls. Would definitely recommend from what I've played so far.

I've read about it and have seen the positive posts...your post just put a bow on it! Thank you!

JasmineDragon

@Ironpeddler Oh yeah, Mario + Rabbids is a legend in the making. I'm on the penultimate stage there, have been stuck on it for a while. The whole game is brilliantly designed, and I would say it's medium difficulty for a tactical game. Not super-punishing, but not so simple you beat every stage on the first play. Some stages are real challenges.

Ironpeddler

JasmineDragon wrote:

@Ironpeddler Oh yeah, Mario + Rabbids is a legend in the making. I'm on the penultimate stage there, have been stuck on it for a while. The whole game is brilliantly designed, and I would say it's medium difficulty for a tactical game. Not super-punishing, but not so simple you beat every stage on the first play. Some stages are real challenges.

This is the first game I'll buy...I'm shopping for a Switch now. Thank you for your the help!

Benjoo

@Ironpeddler sounds good. Let me know what it is like as I am considering getting this game next or xenoblade chronicles 2

Benjoo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic