Forums

Topic: Adult Switch Gamers

Posts 1,781 to 1,800 of 2,648

mauhlin12

@Mintendo That sounds kind of like me with Mario Kart. I stopped playing it because I played way too much Splatoon 2 and picked up MK8D again when I joined this group. Salmon Run is the best/worst. It's the mode I play the most and if it was its own game it would be the game I've put the most hours into on Switch. If you want to see intense, wait until you get up to Profreshional level! Here's a video capture I got of the end of an especially terrifying Salmon Run not that long ago, getting the last egg at the last second. https://twitter.com/kylem122/status/999004186875342848

Edited on by mauhlin12

mauhlin12

Switch Friend Code: sw-1462-2641-1823 | Nintendo Network ID: mauhlin12

ValhallaOutcast

^^ I still have not tried Salmon Run ,

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

Lroy

Do you rank/level up when playing private matches? Like we played on Monday night?

Edited on by Lroy

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Lroy

ValhallaOutcast wrote:

^^ I still have not tried Salmon Run ,

Salmon Run is the best Mode in SPLATOON 2 in my humble opinion. Although I do wish Nintendo would actually liven it up with some colourful stages. I know that might not fit the whole Grizzco mythos but too me it is also the blandest looking part of the game.

Mintendo

Well it was really fun playing salmon run yesterday, and playing Splatoon again made me want to go back to it. Such a great game! Will try to put some hours into salmon run. And clam blitz, which I’ve barely tried at all. Also pleased to see some of the old splatoon stages making the rounds!

Danβ„’
SW-6118-9125-9707

mauhlin12

@Lroy No, you don't gain any experience from private matches. I'm hoping for a Salmon Run expansion, too. More stages, more Salmonid Bosses. Or, how about you can throw Cappy at a Salmonid Boss and they'll fight on your side? I'll take a Flyfish or Stinger on my team any day lol!

Edited on by mauhlin12

mauhlin12

Lroy

@Mintendo Actually, I haven't played the ranked modes at all really - as my poor performance probably showed, so pleasantly surprised to see it is actually very useful to try these out with friends in private matches. I could see what you or @mauhlin12 were trying to do in some of them and thus learn what the hell was going on.

mauhlin12

@Lroy Splat Zones is where I started for Ranked modes since it was the easiest for me to wrap my head around. It's like Turf Wars but there's just one (sometimes 2) area your team needs to ink and defend. Clam Blitz is probably the hardest because it requires so much teamwork and I don't think it was in S1 so people are still trying to figure out the ideal strategies.

mauhlin12

Fafounet

Here are some details about our first ARMS gaming evening night tomorrow.
-PARTY PRIVATE LOBBY 8.30pm Thursday.
-select Friends and then join me (Fafounet) in our private lobby (code 123). I will choose the Party mode which lets us play together online with a random set of rule which should be better for a bit of variety.
We can experiment down the line with the ARENA mode which lets us fight in one to one with the rest being able to spectate, but lets keep things simple first me thinks!
See you tomorrow!

Finally I get my fair share of gaming.
Praise the Switch!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7348-1182-0620 | My Nintendo: Fafounet | Nintendo Network ID: Fafounet

AgentLA

@Fafounet

I should be there for this one. I’ve only played ARMS under the motion control options, but since that gets you all sweaty and I’m playing on my lunch break from work, I’ll have to try the regular joystick options this time around. I should make for some good fodder for some of the more pro players out there. Looking forward to it though.

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot πŸš€

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

Fafounet

@Agent721 ha yes! a man in suit punching thin air would indeed look strange to passerbys

Praise the Switch!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7348-1182-0620 | My Nintendo: Fafounet | Nintendo Network ID: Fafounet

Fafounet

Good evening all!
The private lobby is up and running in ARMS. Use the code 123 to get in.
See you all there!

Praise the Switch!

Lroy

Okay, using my mobile to view the forum as I usually do has gone awry. Can't seem get notifications or even access my watched threads. Anyway, jumped on my Laptop to just let @fafounet know I am heading onto ARMS now.

Like @Agent721 I'm an arm flaying motion control noob so go easy on me.

Will try and figure out how to join the lobby now. Cheers

Also @Fafounet be good if we do ever get Voice-Char going to have a natter with you about my adapter for my Arcade Stick issue. Saw your reply and would be very helpful to speak with you further about it.

Edited on by Lroy

Fafounet

@Lroy Welcome! Yeah no problem, we can probably do this through Discord. Let me know when suitable.
Lets wait for 5 mins for more players and then we'll start.

Edited on by Fafounet

Praise the Switch!

AgentLA

Forums have been acting up for sure. I’m hoping in now.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

Fafounet

@Agent721 Hi. Seems to be working!

Praise the Switch!

AgentLA

Totally freaking chaos.

AgentLA

I downloaded discord...how do I find you guys?

Fafounet

It is! Great fun though

Praise the Switch!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic