Forums

Topic: Nintendo NX CES 2016 Leak

Posts 1 to 20 of 20

nxrevealer

Nintendo gave me an indepth look on Nintendo NX at CES 2016!

Nintendo NX is the Codeword for Nintendos New Hardware Family called:

Nintendo TV & Nintendo GO

From NES to WiiU and Gameboy to 3DS Nintendos Console- and Handheldsystems were completely different and separate business. With Nintendo TV & Nintendo GO this will change. It's not Hybrid, more like a Family of devices. They share the same OS and UI and it's easy to develope Software for both Systems, because they are compatible with Unity and other important Game Engines. Not every Game will be released to both Nintendo TV & Nintendo GO. Nintendo still will publish Handheld or Console exclusiv Games to make sure that no system is getting cannibalized.

Nintendo GO:
5" IPS Mulitouchscreen with a Resolution of 960×540 (qHD)
Full GamePad Layout (A/B/X/Y/L/R/ZL/ZR/-/+/Home/Digipad and two clickable Analogsticks)
Analog ZL/ZR
Build in Microphone / NFC/ Motion and Gyro
Slightly better than PS Vita (more RAM)
MicroUSB for charging
MicroSD Port with up to 128 GB (8 GB included)
New Gamecards with up to 32 GB Storage
Color: Black / White
Release: September 2016
Price: 199$

Nintendo GO Launch Line-Up (from Nintendo):

Diddy Kong Racing GO (Monster Games)

Completly New Diddy Kong Racing developed by Monster Games the Racing experts that brought you ExciteTrucks.

Super Mario Maker (Nintendo)

It's a port from the WiiU Version with some new elements and themes. The two new themes will be Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario Land 2 Six Golden Coins. It will also introduce a Multiplayer Mode that we all know from the New Super Mario Bros. Series.

Metroid Collection (Nintendo)

It's a Collection of Metroid Zero Mission (Metroid I), Metroid II Return of Samus, Super Metroid (Metroid III) and Metroid Fusion (Metroid IV). The Collection keeps the 16-Bit Pixelstyle of the Metroid Games. So it's just updating the Resoultion and Controls of the Games with one Exception: The not so good aged Metroid II from the original Gameboy will see a complete overhaul in Graphics and Gameplay (similar to old NES Metroid's Zero Mission on the GBA).

Nintendo TV:
same x86 Architectur from AMD as PS4 and Xbox One
Slightly better than PS4
DDR4 RAM
Disk Drive (own Blu-Ray like format similar to the WiiU)
500 GB HDD (replaceable)
Nintendo Pro Controller
Improved WiiU Pro Controller
Analog ZL/ZR
Touchpad (as Touchscreen replacement (Nintendo GO))
Build in Microphone / NFC / Motion and Gyro
Headphonejack
Micro USB for charging

Color: Black / White
Release: November 2016
Price: 299$

Nintendo TV Launch Line-Up (from Nintendo):
The Legend of Zelda (Nintendo)
2016 is the 30th Anniversary of the "The Legend of Zelda" Series. The New Legend of Zelda Game will go back to it's roots. The Game is very similar to it's 30 Year old ancestor. The Gameplay is completly free and not liniear. You can go where you want and find the secrets hidden inside the Game for your self. Of course there will be Story but other than in the other 3D Zelda Games it will not be a linear Story, your choices what to do, will also influence the Story that you are experiencing. Because of it's tribute to the original Legend of Zelda, this Zelda will be the first one ever (since the original) that doesn't have an caption. It's just called: The Legend of Zelda! There will also be a WiiU Version of the Game. The Nintendo TV Version comes first and runs in a beautiful 1080p@60fps.

Super Mario Universe (Nintendo)

It's the First 3D Mario on Console Launch since the N64! It's an 120 Stars Super Mario with some of the Elements of 3D Land/World (small Mario etc.) Instead of a Hub World there will be a Open World Mushroom Kingdom to explore. There will also be Special Levels that you can find everywhere in the World with different Gameplay Mechanics vom various Super Mario Games like Sidescrolling Level, Galaxy Style Level and more. There will also be much more Story in the Game comparable with the Paper Mario- and Mario & Luigi Series.

Metroid V (Retro Studios)
After the Events of Metroid Fusion Samus is a renegade on the run, but the Federation shoots her spaceship down, so that she crashes on a unkown planet. The Game is First Person like the Metroid Prime Series, it's very dark and has a unpleasent atmosphere (almost like a Horror game), amazing lightning and reflections. The Scanning from the Prime Series is also back and Samus does not talk a single word!

According to Nintendo, Nintendo TV and Nintendo GO on there own are already good, but together they are amazing. Here the functions that you get if you have both Nintendo TV & GO:

Nintendo GO can be used as a Controller for Nintendo TV.

When you use the Nintendo GO as a Controller for Nintendo TV you can use a second screen, but it's developers choice if they want to support it. Nintendo will support it with every game. For example: "The Legend of Zelda" shows you the Map of the WiiU Version's WiiU GamePad on your Nintendo GO.

Every Nintendo TV Game can be played on Nintendo GO via OffTV Play. There a three ways to stream: 1). Directly from TV to GO. 2). From TV to Router to GO 3). From TV to the Internet to GO. That way you can play your Nintendo TV Games where ever you are (if you have a fast enough internet connection).

You can also play your Nintendo GO Games on the Nintendo TV via OnTV Play. The Nintendo GO streams the Game to the Nintendo TV. The Nintendo TV scales it up to 1080p. Developer can choose if they support the Nintendo Pro Controller and Second Screen is also possible.

Games that are both avalible on Nintendo TV and Nintendo GO can use CrossBuy, CrossPlay and CrossSave. It's developers choice.

Nintendo has three Games in development that will use it:

Super Smash Bros. 300% Edition
It's a Port from Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and WiiU. It comes with all the content from the 3DS and WiiU Version of the Game including the DLC. The 58 Fighters will be supported by two totally new characters that are still a secret. So it's a total of 60 Fighters. Of course the Game will be Crossbuy (Download and Retail), it will also be Crossplay so for the first time ever Handheld and Console Smashers can fight against each other. And don't worry the Gamecube Pad Adapter is compatble with the Nintendo TV! Release: Nintendo TV Launch!

Animal Crossing (working title)

Animal Crossing is perfect for Crossplay. Play on the "GO" and when you come home you can continue to play on the "TV". For the first time the game saves automatically, so no resetting possible (poor Resetti...). The Mayor part of the last game, will be increased and also elements from "HappyHomeRoom Designer" will be included. The Game was originally planned for the WiiU but saved for Nintendo TV and GO due to the bad sales of the WiiU. Release is set for Summer 2017 in Japan and for Holiday 2017 in North America and Europe.

Super Mario Kart Bros.
With the Mario Kart 8 DLC Nintendo introduced Non Mario Characters for the first time in Mario Kart. Super Mario Kart Bros. will be a full flashed Nintendo Allstars Game like the Smash Bros. Games. It will not only feature Mario and his friends, but also Characters like Kirby, Link, Zelda, Villager, Captian Falcon, Fox McCloud, Samus and many more. The Game will see the return of Special Items for each character that we know from Mario Kart Double Dash!! Via Crossplay you can play the Game with up to 11 Friends. Kart Customisation will be increased and even personalisation will be possible. The Battle Mode get it's own Arenas back. Nintendo plans to expand the Game every year with 1-2 DLCs. Release: First half of 2017.

CrossSave is done automatically like StreetPass and SpotPass. When TV and GO are in the same Room they synchronising automatically. They can also synchronise via the internet.

Nintendo TV and Nintendo GO Game cases are red in order to stand out of the green and blue from Microsoft and Sony.
Nintendo GO Games come in small cases similar to the Vita Game cases. Nintendo TV Games have the same formfactor as PS4 and Xbox One Games (BluRaySize), Crossbuy Games are called Nintendo TV & GO and use the slightly larger DVD Case formfactor.

Nintendo is working together with the big Third Party Publishers (like EA, Activision, Square Enix, Ubisoft etc.) in order to get as many flagship titles of 2016 right to launch of Nintendo TV. They also want to achieve that all mayor Multiplattform Third Party Games that come 2017 and beyond will also be avalible on Nintendo TV.

Nintendo want to use there own IP's to get exclusive Third Party Games for Nintendo TV and Nintendo GO. Together with Ubisoft they working on a Super Mario x Rayman Crossover in the UbiArt Engine.

Nintendo also investing tons of money and support in their Nindie programm in order to get as many creative Indie Games as possible.

Nintendo TV & Nintendo GO will have region lock, but only as a parental option that is disabled by default! So no regionlock!

Games purchased in the eShop are bound to the Nintendo Account and not the device. However on every Nintendo Account only one Nintendo TV and one Nintendo GO can be registered . But you can edit your devices from the Nintendo Account Website, so that you can free your account from the device without support, even if the device is broken or had been stolen.

For every purchased Game you earn Points, just like before with the Club Nintendo. New is an Achivmentsystem with that you can earn Points with playing. Achivments are similar to Puzzle Swap from the Nintendo 3DS Mii Plaza. Every Achivment opens up a Puzzle Piece of a Artwork or Animation. Got all Achivments of a Game and you can use the Artwork as Home Menu Background. The Points that you earn add up to a Score (Doesn't decrease if you spend points), it's like a RPG. Your Mii levels up and you can purchase Cloth and Accessories for it. You can also buy other digital goods like Home-Menu Themes etc. Or you purchase coupons for the Nintendo eShop. If digital goods are nothing for you than you can buy physical merchandise just like in the Club Nintendo.

There will also be a cashback system that Nintendo is currently testing in Japan. For each 10 Dollar that you spend in the eShop you get 1 Dollar back on your eShop wallet. With this and My Nintendo, Nintendo wants to tie the costumer deeper to Nintendo TV & GO.

Online Multiplayer on Nintendo TV and GO will still be free of charge! Nintendo TV & GO also come with a Party Voice Chat System and Text Chat is also possible. There will be a premium service called "Club Nintendo". Subcribers can use Cloudstorage to Backup Gamesaves online. They will also get free Virtual Console and Indie Games similar to the PS Plus and Games with Gold Games. Free Home-Menu Themes, Mii Gear etc. and also they can get new Physical Merchandise 24 Hours before normal users. Exklusiv Betas and Demos and eShop deductibles will also be possible.

Virtual Console on Nintendo TV & GO will include: GB, GBC, GBA, NES, SNES, N64.

Only for Nintendo TV & GO together: DS and 3DS (3D with 3D TV possible)

Pretty awesome what Nintendo got there! Iwatas last bomb will bring back Big N in a big Way! Thank you for everything! R.I.P Iwata!

Edited on by nxrevealer

nxrevealer

Socar

LOL! Very funny! You think that people are gonna fall for this?

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

WebHead

.... Source?

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Octane

''nxrevealer'' joined 31 mins ago

Sure...

Octane

jump

WebHead wrote:

.... Source?

They've already said Nintendo told them at CES.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

WebHead

@arronishere: I mean it was probably a CES behind closed doors but I don't think this guy is legit, sorry. I think this is a wish list disguised as such.

WebHead

Grumblevolcano

This is fake for sure, some of these game names are beyond stupid.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

itzdanburton

'it will also be Crossplay so for the first time ever Handheld and Console Smashers can fight against each other'
You can do that anyway with SSB Wii U/3DS
Not saying that I believe this, but it if it was it would be stupid to raise something already available right now as a selling point for a new game.
Also, Super Mario Kart Bros.? Metroid V? Smash Bros. 300%? Super Mario Universe?
Untitled

Dear future me,
Please remember to add a funny signature here.
Thanks,
Past me

shaneoh

arronishere wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

This is fake for sure, some of these game names are beyond stupid.

I think Zelda U being free and the Metroid collection are the biggest mistake in that list. I do like Nintendo TV and Go as the new names though.

Smash 300% edition though... 400% would be a more logical (and equally stupid) choice, as it is supposedly a port of smash 4

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Grumblevolcano

@arronishere: I didn't see the free part, yeah that's the ultimate confirmation of it being fake. Another smaller thing is how it mentions story and Paper Mario in the same sentence despite the last game in the series with a significant story being over 10 years old.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Shinion

Why the heck would they give a 1080p brand new ZELDA game away for free? C'mon, you're not even trying, they're a business dude you can't just say things like that and expect people to take you seriously.

Shinion

erv

As long as they keep the 3D I'm happy:)

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

TeeJay

This all sounds wonderful of course, but I see absolutely no reason to believe a word of it.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

nxrevealer

You've got the "free" wrong. It means the Gameplay is free! Not liniear. OpenWord etc!

And 300% is a a reference to the Sudden Death of Smash Bros. and of Course because it's so much Content!!!

Please show some more love for my concept! I put some hours in this text! I think it's a good concept and some of it will maybe really be part of NX! It's a combination of Hints, Rumors and own thoughts.

So what do you really think about this concept?

nxrevealer

WebHead

Really hope Nintendo throws us a bone soon.

WebHead

jump

nxrevealer wrote:

You've got the "free" wrong. It means the Gameplay is free! Not liniear. OpenWord etc!

And 300% is a a reference to the Sudden Death of Smash Bros. and of Course because it's so much Content!!!

Please show some more love for my concept! I put some hours in this text! I think it's a good concept and some of it will maybe really be part of NX! It's a combination of Hints, Rumors and own thoughts.

At least you're dropping the BS and admiiting you made it up, good for you.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Xilef

nxrevealer wrote:

I think you shouldn't labale it as a leak.

Xilef

LaserdiscGal

Let's just move this to one of the many existing NX speculation threads.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.