Forums

Topic: Nintendo NX Arrives March 2017!

Posts 81 to 100 of 175

jump

GrailUK wrote:

I am ok with a 2017 release. COME ON ZELDA U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zelda U is no longer, it's now Zelda UNX!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Octane

@Operative: Hah, I remember I actually suggesting an early 2017 release for the NX. Of course, that was mainly under the assumption that NX is a handheld.

Octane

veeflames

@Operative: In all honesty the people who thought that the NX wasn't releasing in 2016 were usually replied with comments such as "you're in denial," "you just don't want to accept the facts that were in your face" and such. It's why I left that Zelda's Turn to NX (or whatever it's called) thread.
Not saying you were wrong, though. Not at all. It just seemed that a certain group with different opinions were... targeted.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

GrailUK

@Vee_Flames: I was in the 2017 camp too mate but it was interesting to hear why people thought 2016 was reasonable.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

GrailUK

Erm...am I the only one getting super hyped at the new Zelda game! I mean...is it so strong that it can carry an E3? It must be very deep!

TuVictus

@Octane: yeah same here. I never envisioned a home console march launch, haha. Unpredictable as always, nintendo

TuVictus

Grumblevolcano

@GrailUK: I think it's more that Nintendo knows the backlash from the other games (Color Splash, Federation Force, etc.) so they think it's better not to have those playable at E3.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TuVictus

Good point, how weird is it that Color Splash and FF won't be playable... Just makes their E3 decision all the more bizarre

TuVictus

GrailUK

I don't know. If this Zelda is the best Zelda game eer made, they could win E3 with just 1 game lmao!

Octane

GrailUK wrote:

I don't know. If this Zelda is the best Zelda game eer made, they could win E3 with just 1 game lmao!

Of course, and in that alternate universe everyone would get 10 copies of Zelda U for free as well !

Octane

jump

Octane wrote:

GrailUK wrote:

Of course, and in that alternate universe everyone would get 10 copies of Zelda U for free as well !

If they gave away free copies of Zelda U then they would 100% win E3!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

skywake

Just because they don't have things at E3 and on the showroom floor doesn't mean they won't be shown. If you look at footage from the showroom floor last year? I know it was a poor year in terms of content volume but most of their space was taken up by Super Mario Maker. And most of the rest of their space was for the live stream of their conference where they were giving demos of games throughout the week. But they still had plenty of time to talk about content that wasn't playable.

I've never been to E3 but from what I've seen on this side of the monitor? It's been like that for a few years now. Companies put far more effort into the way they're seen online than what's on the showroom floor. Nintendo in particular have been going hard with one live demo for the press and then lots of "for the live stream" stuff. Last year it was Super Mario Maker, before that it was Splatoon. This year they're doing Zelda.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Shinion

@Vee_Flames: exactly, there's a pretty obvious difference (at least to me) between poking fun at people's logic for believing such-and-such a thing (which I believe is par for the course over these speculation threads it must be said who hasn't done that?) and people intentionally going after specific other people and generally attacking/insulting them and making them feel completely unwelcome. The latter of those groups I was referring to with my original comment, I was not even truly expecting an apologies or anything as a good amount of those people are not as active now or have been banded because of course they have. If my pointing this out now that those people have been shown that they were all bark and no bite makes me "high and mighty" then so be it, I certainly do consider myself above people who insult others over videogames. I'm not ashamed to admit that at all.

Shinion

NinjaWaddleDee

@GrailUK: It is competing with Mass Effect, The Last Guaridan, and Final Fantasy 7 Remake. That will be a most unlikely feat.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

NinjaWaddleDee

Operative wrote:

Good point, how weird is it that Color Splash and FF won't be playable... Just makes their E3 decision all the more bizarre

Fed Force needs an e-shop demo. BADLY.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Therad

They said Zelda will be the only playable game, not the only game.

Therad

TuVictus

That's still very concerning. Though if they say Pikmin 4 is a launch title then I'll forgive them

TuVictus

DjLewe78

I'm thinking about Nintendo just showing Zelda at E3.
IF they use all the space to show off this game then maybe it is that good!
If you own PS4 or XBOX it's probably easy to blinded by new games being thrown at you. After you probably struggle to remember what's what!
But a big, visual Zelda presence, that stays in the mind.
Quality over quantity it has to be

1 up !

veeflames

Therad wrote:

They said Zelda will be the only playable game, not the only game.

This. Yeah, only one playable game is bad, but who is saying Zelda U'll be the only game? Most of us won't even head to California for E3, anyway...
Although.. If Zelda is in fact the only game on show... now that's just bad.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

DefHalan

I guess this E3 was a good one to skip, I want to be surprised by Zelda. Maybe I can ask friends to pick up Swag for me lol.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.