Forums

Topic: Nintendo NX Arrives March 2017!

Posts 1 to 20 of 175

Aozz101x

Nintendo NX well launch in March 2017

http://nintendoeverything.com/nx-launching-in-march-2017-glob...
interesting.

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Peek-a-boo

Perfect timing if you ask me.

If the NX came out this Christmas, the PS VR and the PS4K would take away a hefty amount of the NX sales, especially in Europe where it is PlayStation land.

I might be wrong, but didn't they release the 3DS in March/April in the US and Europe? It did rather well considering they missed the Christmas time boat.

Peek-a-boo

Grumblevolcano

Zelda U is delayed to 2017.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

IceClimbers

The wording in the paragraph that mentions Pokemon Sun/Moon points to a "Holiday 2016" launch in NA and a "late 2016" launch in Europe, suggesting Europe gets it a bit later than North America.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers: ORAS came a week later in Europe so it could be something as simple as that.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Peek-a-boo

I have just realised that Wii U only owners are going to have absolutely nothing new to play this Christmas, after the rather underwhelming looking Paper Mario: Colour Splash (or Sticker Star 2 as it is better known) is released in Q3/Q4.

A bit sad really...

And The Legend of Zelda is yet another Twilight Princess scenario all over again, in the respect that we have to wait for their new console to come out before we can play the blooming game.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

IceClimbers

NX confirmed to NOT be at E3. E3 will focus on Zelda (among other games). Obviously, Zelda confirmed for both systems.

@Grumblevolcano Probably.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Grumblevolcano

This pretty much guarantees that Wii U will have new game reveals at E3. I'm now expecting Zelda U/NX to come November 2017.

Grumblevolcano

Octane

The Zelda one must be a joke right? Oh well, I called the NX release date. It's better this way (I think?). 2016 is not the right time, but I wonder how much good a Spring release would do.

Octane

Peek-a-boo

IceClimbers wrote:

NX confirmed to NOT be at E3. E3 will focus on Zelda (among other games). Obviously, Zelda confirmed for both systems.

And there I was thinking that this day for Nintendo cannot get any worse.

What is the point in turning up at E3 then?

Peek-a-boo

Peach64

Oh god, E3 is going to be awful again. It's probably a smart decision to put the NX in March as they always get a good launch on hardware and don't need the holiday bump, but Wii U has already been on life support for a year. The next 10 months are going to be terrible.

Peach64

VelvetElvis

Wow, count me in for a crow — I was one of those folks who felt certain of a late 2016 launch.

I know this is going to cause fanboy meltdowns, but personally, I'm cool with it. My backlog is endless, and in my estimation, it's a sign that Nintendo is banking on getting the NX right.

This year's E3 is going to be interesting, though. I'm not excited for it, but I'm intrigued by it.

EDIT: Hearing rumblings that they've confirmed Zelda as a cross-platform release for Wii U and NX. Can anyone confirm this?

EDIT 2: Nevermind, there we have it: https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/725224978984083456

Edited on by VelvetElvis

VelvetElvis

Octane

Peek-a-boo wrote:

What is the point in turning up at E3 then?

To showcase all the big Wii U games coming in 2016 and early 2017 of course, just like last year

Octane

Vinny

My hype for E3 2016 has dropped to 0. Okay, 0.6 because Zelda will be there.

I really don't know what they will do to fill the void. There's only Zelda, Paper Mario and maybe a new game for the 3DS. Their presentation will be either really short or they will pad it with games they've already released. It could be worse than last years and that's saying a lot.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

VelvetElvis

@GrumbleVolcano, ha, thanks — I was editing my post with that find just as you typed that.

This is so fascinating. Looking at their release schedule, Nintendo is just about shuttering its doors for an entire year to prep for the NX.

VelvetElvis

Peach64

Remember when they assured us that Zelda was coming in 2015? They didn't even say it's on track, they were adamant it was going to be done by the end of 2015. Can you actually be that wrong, or did they know all along and just lie to protect stock prices?

Peach64

shaneoh

Grumblevolcano wrote:

This pretty much guarantees that Wii U will have new game reveals at E3.

While I probably wouldn't get it myself, there is certainly be room for a main Animal Crossing game on the Wii U.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Grumblevolcano

@Peach64: I think at this point it's just purposely delaying to get extra NX sales. The NX would suffer if Zelda released on Wii U first.

Grumblevolcano

VelvetElvis

Yep, following up on my thought about Nintendo essentially shuttering up for a year in preparation for the NX:

VelvetElvis

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.