Forums

Topic: Pokemon Go

Posts 261 to 280 of 328

nf_2

I really like the thrill of actually being able to look for new Pokemon again. It does seem like getting the new Eeveelutions is impossible without using the name trick though. I evolved 12 Eevees last night, and not a single one of them was an Umbreon or Espeon.

nf_2

3DS Friend Code: 0774-4745-0158 | Nintendo Network ID: Sajak19

Xyphon22

For the Pokémon experts out there, do you know if there are going to be more current Pokémon that will get new evolutions later? I had stopped catching ones like Slowpoke and Oddish once I had all the evolutions, and now I have to go and catch them again, and they are more rare with all the new Pokémon around, so it's really annoying and I would like to limit that from happening again.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Nintendo_Ninja

Found a dunsparce in my neighborhood recently (cp 562). If only it could evolve...

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Nin10dad

I finally caught an Aerodactyl, funnily enough on route to the Switch event in London at the weekend! And with that, aside from Legendarys and region exclusives, gen 1 is complete. Thank Jebus. Have only needed an Aerodactyl since November so very happy to finally be done!

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

nf_2

I'm still missing all the fossils, Lapras, Hitmonlee, Farfetch'd, Kangaskhan, and Mr. Mime. I technically don't have Dragonair/nite or Charizard, but I have the candy to get them. I'm just waiting to catch a good Dratini and Charmander. I have no idea how I'll get the others now that I'm even less likely to get them from eggs with Gen 2 pokes out now, but I'll keep chugging along.

nf_2

Rexcalibr

Water event was fun. Didn't get a shiny Magikarp though.

Rexcalibr

Sisilly_G

Xyphon22 wrote:

For the Pokémon experts out there, do you know if there are going to be more current Pokémon that will get new evolutions later? I had stopped catching ones like Slowpoke and Oddish once I had all the evolutions, and now I have to go and catch them again, and they are more rare with all the new Pokémon around, so it's really annoying and I would like to limit that from happening again.

I'll try my best… below are any pre or post-evolutions listed by the Generation when the original Pokémon was introduced. Generation V did not introduce any new pre or post evolutions of past Pokémon. The only post-evolution introduced in Generation VI was Sylveon (this does not include Mega Evolutions, as we are not yet certain as to how they will be handled if/when they are introduced to Pokémon GO at some point in the future). I will also include Pokémon whose original forms evolve into an Alolan Pokémon (but not Pokémon who evolve from an Alolan form of a Pokémon).

PRE-EVOLUTIONS
GENERATION I
Pikachu - Pichu (Gen II)
Clefairy - Cleffa (Gen II)
Jigglypuff - Igglybuff (Gen II)
Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan - Tyrogue (Gen II) [Note that Tyrogue can also evolve into Hitmontop, who was also introduced in Gen II]
Chansey - Happiny (Gen IV)
Mr. Mime - Mime. Jr (Gen IV)
Jynx - Smoochum (Gen II)
Electabuzz - Elekid (Gen II)
Magmar - Magby (Gen II)
Snorlax - Munchlax (Gen IV)

GENERATION II
Marill - Azurill (Gen III)
Sudowoodo - Bonsly (Gen IV)
Wobbuffet - Wynaut (Gen III)
Mantine - Mantyke (Gen IV)

GENERATION III
Chimecho - Chingling (Gen IV)
Roselia - Budew (Gen IV)

POST-EVOLUTIONS
GENERATION I
Pikachu - Raichu [Alolan Form] (Gen VII)
Golbat - Crobat (Gen II)
Gloom - Bellossom (Gen II)
Poliwhirl - Politoed (Gen II)
Slowpoke - Slowking (Gen II)
Magneton - Magnezone (Gen IV)
Onix - Steelix (Gen II)
Cubone - Marowak [Alolan Form] (Gen VII)
Exeggcute - Exeggutor [Alolan Form] (Gen VII)
Lickitung - Lickilicky (Gen IV)
Rhydon - Rhyperior (Gen IV)
Chansey - Blissey (Gen II)
Tangela - Tangrowth (Gen IV)
Seadra - Kingdra (Gen II)
Scyther - Scizor (Gen II)
Electabuzz - Electivire (Gen IV)
Magmar - Magmortar (Gen IV)
Eevee - Umbreon/Espeon (Gen II), Leafeon/Glaceon (Gen IV), Sylveon (Gen VI)
Porygon - Porygon2 (Gen II)

GENERATION II
Togetic - Togekiss (Gen IV)
Aipom - Ambipom (Gen IV)
Yanma - Yanmega (Gen IV)
Gligar - Gliscor (Gen IV)
Sneasel - Weavile (Gen IV)
Piloswine - Mamoswine (Gen IV)
Porygon2 - Porygon-Z (Gen IV)

GENERATION III
Kirlia - Gallade (Gen IV) [Male only]
Nosepass - Probopass (Gen IV)
Roselia - Roserade (Gen IV)
Dusclops - Dusknoir (Gen IV)
Snorunt - Froslass (Gen IV) [Female only]

That's all if I'm not mistaken. Others can fill in if I've forgotten any.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Xyphon22

@sillygostly Wow, that's a lot. Thanks. Although I am really starting to not care that much anymore, and it looks like no more come out until Gen IV, and I'm sure I probably won't care at all by then, but thanks for the info. I got one of the rocks to upgrade a Porygon to a Porygon2 the other day. The only problem is I've never even seen a Porygon, yet alone enough to be able to upgrade one.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Rexcalibr

I have Porygon 2 but the one I have has poor IVs. It ended up getting two electric type moves. Should have waited until I hatched a Porygon with good IVs.

Rexcalibr

crimsontadpoles

I played a lot during the water event, but didn't find many interesting pokemon. I still haven't found any Totodile, Lapras, or Shiny Magikarp. There were plenty of Squirtle, but I already had enough of them.

Since I'm a little disappointed with not finding any Totodile during the event, I'm gonna give this app a break. Maybe I'll get back into it next time they have an event.

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

nf_2

I found a fair amount of Totodile, but I'm still holding out for the fossil Pokemon and Lapras. Since the water event ended, it's been back to a mostly non-interesting mix. Since I'll be moving in the next couple weeks, I'll be able to start collecting coins again to get those eggs hatching again. With the weather getting nicer again, I'm starting to see more people out playing, which is kinda nice to see that people are still interested.

I actually wasn't aware of the existence of shiny Magikarp in the game now. Were they exclusive to the water event?

nf_2

Rexcalibr

I went from only playing a few minutes a day to continue my 7 day streaks to not playing at all lately. Just kinda got bored and now playing Pokemon Moon.

Rexcalibr

RodSD64

I love Pokémon GO, but the ratio of appearance of pokémon v/s the pokeballs given at pokéstops is ridiculously unbalanced.

RodSD64

3DS Friend Code: 0344-9430-2174 | Nintendo Network ID: RodSD64

Rexcalibr

RodSD64 wrote:

I love Pokémon GO, but the ratio of appearance of pokémon v/s the pokeballs given at pokéstops is ridiculously unbalanced.

In what way?

I sort of gave up on the game. For one thing, it no longer finishes loading when I open it. I don't know why as I had the game for months and it never used to do that. Spoofers also got me less invested in trying to get better at the game.

Rexcalibr

DefHalan

I am back in for now. Really enjoying it again.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Nin10dad

I think I'm finally done with GO. Completed the original pokedex, minus legendarys and regionals. Have been playing every day since launch last year but now just find myself catching a Pokemon and spinning a Pokestop, then closing the app!

Edited on by Nin10dad

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

Luke64

Yay missed a Venusaur today

Nintendo Rules
NES Classic Edition Owner
Come on Reggie, Give us Mother 3!
#Vapenation
Keyblade Wielder and Jedi
History is cool

nf_2

The new gyms are now up and running. So far it seems like it's going to take a lot more time and items to take gyms down. In one match I only removed about 15% of the incumbent Pokemon. Since Pokemon are taken down basically as a group, this is going to make taking over gyms much more of a chore or require team effort.

nf_2

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic