News Forum

Topic: The Fall of Nintendo.. ?

Showing 81 to 100 of 139

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

81. Posted:

...I love this thread.:)

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Link79

82. Posted:

3DS hasn't even been out six months and already it's death of Nintendo.
How long do you suppose it took the N64 to hit it's stride?
Sony was having some problems recently too.
Why aren't we talking about the death of Sony anymore?
Did that fad finally wear off?

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Prawnus0

83. Posted:

I'm really getting sick of reading all the articles about how the 3 ds is like the virtual boy and that will be like the ps go. People have to give it a break. The wii had a crap start for twelve months with hardly any games coming out for the first year, now look at it and the success it's had.
The system is truly great. I prefer to play it than my x box at the moment. It is my console of choice and I think it will be a great success. I just wish everyone would stop whining about it and give it a break. I think its one of the coolest things to have come out since the n64!

Prawnus0

AuthorMessage
Avatar

John-John

84. Posted:

Hypothetically speaking, if they were acquired by someone, and it were Apple, I'd see the price being raised far too much. With Apple, you're paying for the logo. Sure you get great quality products, but Nintendo already does that at a value. Also, if anyone would acquire Nintendo, it would probably be Apple. I'm sure they'd love not having to try and fight their way into the market, but just come in with Nintendo's expertise already ready.

I highly doubt Nintendo would totally drop out of the market, but I am a bit worried. Right now, they have all their eggs in one basket: Gaming. This is another reason shareholders are urging Nintendo to develop a smart phone, that way they have increased revenue and a fall back.

One thing that I am truly worried about is Shigeru Miyamoto, like, the way he cut his salary in half... have you guys heard of heri-keri? I hope he doesn't try anything like that. How common is that?

John-John

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mgray5159

85. Posted:

I bought the 3DS based upon how much I liked the DSi although I hate my Wii. If I hadn't bought the system on launch day, I would be buying a PS Vita. I actually like the 3DS, even though I don't play with the 3D at all. The system was overpriced but I bought into the hype that they were going to be releasing actual games for the system. Nintendo has done the worst job I have ever seen at getting people to buy this system. I do love Zelda but that is really the only game I am playing. I am going back to my old DS games because there isn't anything to play. Even the eShop continues the Nintendo tradition of releasing absolute garbage. I would never buy a Wii U. I love Nintendo and hate to see them doing poorly because I grew up playing all of their consoles but they have done an absolute atrocious job with the 3DS and Wii. I think this could be the end of Nintendo in the hardware business.

3DS Friend Code: 2406-5142-0759
Check out my podcast called Technically Challenged.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mgray5159

86. Posted:

I bought the 3DS based upon how much I liked the DSi although I hate my Wii. If I hadn't bought the system on launch day, I would be buying a PS Vita. I actually like the 3DS, even though I don't play with the 3D at all. The system was overpriced but I bought into the hype that they were going to be releasing actual games for the system. Nintendo has done the worst job I have ever seen at getting people to buy this system. I do love Zelda but that is really the only game I am playing. I am going back to my old DS games because there isn't anything to play. Even the eShop continues the Nintendo tradition of releasing absolute garbage. I would never buy a Wii U. I love Nintendo and hate to see them doing poorly because I grew up playing all of their consoles but they have done an absolute atrocious job with the 3DS and Wii. I think this could be the end of Nintendo in the hardware business.

3DS Friend Code: 2406-5142-0759
Check out my podcast called Technically Challenged.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mgray5159

87. Posted:

One more thing, Nintendo has become complacent with the success of the Wii and DS and they figured they didn't have to try to make people buy their products. This happens to alot of companies. Kmart is a good example. They ruled the cheap retail market and became complacent. Walmart came in and took advantage and absolutely destoryed them. This is what Apple has done to Nintendo.

3DS Friend Code: 2406-5142-0759
Check out my podcast called Technically Challenged.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pntjr

88. Posted:

mgray5159 wrote:

I bought the 3DS based upon how much I liked the DSi although I hate my Wii. If I hadn't bought the system on launch day, I would be buying a PS Vita. I actually like the 3DS, even though I don't play with the 3D at all. The system was overpriced but I bought into the hype that they were going to be releasing actual games for the system. Nintendo has done the worst job I have ever seen at getting people to buy this system. I do love Zelda but that is really the only game I am playing. I am going back to my old DS games because there isn't anything to play. Even the eShop continues the Nintendo tradition of releasing absolute garbage. I would never buy a Wii U. I love Nintendo and hate to see them doing poorly because I grew up playing all of their consoles but they have done an absolute atrocious job with the 3DS and Wii. I think this could be the end of Nintendo in the hardware business.

WHy are you on this site again?

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter: pntjrx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pntjr

89. Posted:

mgray5159 wrote:

One more thing, Nintendo has become complacent with the success of the Wii and DS and they figured they didn't have to try to make people buy their products. This happens to alot of companies. Kmart is a good example. They ruled the cheap retail market and became complacent. Walmart came in and took advantage and absolutely destoryed them. This is what Apple has done to Nintendo.

APple hasn't destroyed them yet. Nintendo NEEDS smartphones. Even Sony has a Xperia PlayStation Phone! If Nintendo wants to compete with Apple and Sony, Nintendo NEEDS smartphones.

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter: pntjrx

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

90. Posted:

mgray5159 wrote:

I bought the 3DS based upon how much I liked the DSi although I hate my Wii. If I hadn't bought the system on launch day, I would be buying a PS Vita. I actually like the 3DS, even though I don't play with the 3D at all. The system was overpriced but I bought into the hype that they were going to be releasing actual games for the system. Nintendo has done the worst job I have ever seen at getting people to buy this system. I do love Zelda but that is really the only game I am playing. I am going back to my old DS games because there isn't anything to play. Even the eShop continues the Nintendo tradition of releasing absolute garbage. I would never buy a Wii U. I love Nintendo and hate to see them doing poorly because I grew up playing all of their consoles but they have done an absolute atrocious job with the 3DS and Wii. I think this could be the end of Nintendo in the hardware business.

You're not gonna be talking about how you sold your 3DS because you gave up before the big game season, are you?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Link79

91. Posted:

Once the holiday season gets here nobody will be talking about the fall of Nintendo.
At least they shouldn't be.
Do I really need to start listing the reasons?

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SuperLink

92. Posted:

mgray5159 wrote:

I bought the 3DS based upon how much I liked the DSi although I hate my Wii. If I hadn't bought the system on launch day, I would be buying a PS Vita. I actually like the 3DS, even though I don't play with the 3D at all. The system was overpriced but I bought into the hype that they were going to be releasing actual games for the system. Nintendo has done the worst job I have ever seen at getting people to buy this system. I do love Zelda but that is really the only game I am playing. I am going back to my old DS games because there isn't anything to play. Even the eShop continues the Nintendo tradition of releasing absolute garbage. I would never buy a Wii U. I love Nintendo and hate to see them doing poorly because I grew up playing all of their consoles but they have done an absolute atrocious job with the 3DS and Wii. I think this could be the end of Nintendo in the hardware business.

Um...it kinda sounds like you hate Nintendo. I mean, you're entitled to your opinion about the Wii and 3DS, but when you say things like "The Nintendo tradition of releasing absolute garbage", and follow something like that with "I love Nintendo", you're just contradicting yourself. So please, pick a side.

________________________________________________________________

Anyway, Nintendo has a plan. I'm sure of it. Nintendo is smart, and they know what they're doing.

Mom...Dad...I'm a Thespian

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kyloctopus

93. Posted:

There is nothing to be concerned about.
The 3DS is now selling at Nintendo's expectations.
The Wii u is going to sell for the following reasons.
HD
Nostalgic
It's Nintendo
And we barely know anything about it.
The Wii is also selling at it's expectations even with Kinect and Move in markets.

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

94. Posted:

7ATalavera wrote:

I also think is still early to forecast Nintendo's end, but I cant say the idea hasnt passed thru my mind with unprecedented early price cut and stock decrease, 3rd party releases delayed or even canceled, and WiiU's epic fail IMO (You cant even hope to have a creative image and target a different audience if you are sticking to the previous branding, and WiiU=PS3x1.5 when a graphically competitive next gen console should WiiU>PS3x2, also 2012 is premature for next gen)

Im not worried Nintendo always manages to magically get profit of this kind of mess, and if they dont I have loads of past Nintendo games to buy and play for my entire lifespan, and as the article in your post mention I can see Nintendo teaming up with another company in the future with success. But I wouldnt ever buy Nintendo software for Sony/MS hardware.

EDIT: Think about it 2009 DSi, 2010 DSiXL, 2011 3DS... 2012 WiiU? NOA you have milked to much and repeteadly your core fans on harware, so its likely WiiU wont count with many of them, and its also likely another factor of poor 3DS sales

The DSiXL doesn't count. It's just a bigger DSi. That's like calling the PS3 Slim a new console, when it's just a smaller version.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WhiteSpyderZero

95. Posted:

I think there is far too much panic going on regarding Nintendo. There have been some pretty odd decisions on Nintendo's part over the past couple of years (with the 3DS, Wii and WiiU), but it doesn't mean the end for Nintendo - They've been in far worse scrapes then this (See the mid-late 90's where the only thing keeping the company successful was Pokemon).

Staff Writer, www.GodisaGeek.com
http://www.twitter.com/whitespyderzero

AuthorMessage
Avatar

md1500

96. Posted:

Interesting (but very long) article about Nintendo here - from a financial view, not a fanboy view.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:kJoX-0E8...

The best part of the article:

Dismiss as nonsense any claim that the enormous decline in share value since 2007/08 is a sign that the markets think Nintendo is on a road to utter disaster.

The markets, let's not forget, still value Nintendo at over 1.5 trillion Yen - a far cry from their extraordinary valuation in 2007, but still the world's most valuable games company. That valuation racks up to some £12.4 billion plus spare change at the present exchange rate, which makes Nintendo almost 50% more valuable than Activision Blizzard.

For Americans, £12.4 billion is roughly $19.2 billion.

Edited on by md1500

md1500

AuthorMessage
Avatar

misswliu81

97. Posted:

just joined the site today- hello all!

in response to this thread, no i do not believe that nintendo is going to go out of the hardware business and join SNK, sega, both of whom used to develop consoles before they became 3rd party games developers.

sure things aren't going well perhaps, and sometimes some of their decisions haven't been great, but they will come out of this drought and sales will prop up again.

misswliu81

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Link79

98. Posted:

@ misswliu81
Welcome to the site and btw Nice avatar!

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage
Avatar

misswliu81

99. Posted:

thank you Link79! i'm looking forward to posting here more often. :-)

misswliu81

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Link79

100. Posted:

Your welcome!
Are you perhaps one of Samus's lady fans? I was just curious since your username is misswliu81.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link