Forums

Topic: NaN undefinedth undefined, Invalid - 00:00

Posts 21 to 40 of 47

Happy_Mask

JavaScript is indeed enabled, and it is an original model i-Pad and it says it is version 4.2.1 (8C148) under general settings, so I assume that's it. Sorry, I'm not really too awake right now. ._."

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

theblackdragon

whoa, when's the last time you updated your iPad, Happy_Mask? that could be your problem right there :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Happy_Mask

I've been skipping out on updates for a while. ._." A year's worth or more I think. I'll try again once it's done updating, if it doesn't crash, as it has a habit of doing so.

Edit: Actually, I can't update it right now, Apple's support site says I need to plug it in to the computer, which I don't have access to at the moment. Honestly, I think I might just ditch this piece of garbage and buy a laptop.

Edited on by Happy_Mask

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Tasuki

Ok sounds like you guys are working on it but I am seeing BST as well on all the posts. I am running the current version of Firefox fyi.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Jaz007

I'm seeing BST too, I'm using Internet Explorer on my computer.

Edit: It says BST on my phone too. It uses Safari. (It's an iPhone, it is one update late right now.)

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

Kagamine

I'm seeing BST on Chrome, Firefox, IE, and Opera, all latest versions. Never really checked if this was the norm though...

3DS friend code: 1332-7705-6324Previous Usernames: Bossmank
Some_Chords

"Love your ego, you won't feel a thing, always number one, the pen with a bent wrist crooked king, sign away our peace, for your war, one word and it's over." ~ Deadmau5

Nintendo Network ID: bossmank

ramstrong

theblackdragon wrote:

whoa, when's the last time you updated your iPad, Happy_Mask? that could be your problem right there :3

I doubt outdated iPad would be the culprit, unless Ant is using the latest in JavaScript technology. It's showing BST in posts and news, but not in index/general listing? If it works in one, but not the other, that means it's not JavaScript technology related.

I saw it for a while, something like (date format:"blah blah blah). Raw JavaScript was visible. It must be when Ant was working on JavaScript dates. I'm curious. You don't have separate testing platform? All your mod comes life as it happens?

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

theblackdragon

Actually, something's changed since earlier when i'd posted my last comment in this thread — now it's all BST again.

@Ramstrong: As for an outdated iPad, keep in mind that we're two whole versions beyond iOS4; we're in the iOS6es now. Safari for iOS changes with each version, so it's very possible that there could be something about the old Safari that's not letting the dates work on his iPad (or it wasn't letting them work with his iPad, like i said it's all BST again lol). i know whenever I've had a problem with the site in the past and pointed it out to him, the first thing Ant's always asked is whether or not I have the latest browser edition (and the once or twice I hadn't had it and I noticed something off about the site, that was usually the problem), so I'd assume he's using the latest in whatever he's working with at any given time :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER

ramstrong

theblackdragon wrote:

Actually, something's changed since earlier when i'd posted my last comment in this thread — now it's all BST again.

Just the forum posts. The main page shows 7 hours ago/10 hours ago.

Regarding old browsers, that may be true if all instances are the same. When the main page dates are fine, but the forum dates are not, it's not the outdated browser. Of course, it's possible that improvements are done separately and that you want to bring the site to the latest technology, but there should be a way for it to degrade gracefully for old systems. IMHO, you should keep a few outdated browsers just to test the system.

Petit Computer Journal

theblackdragon

@ramstrong: Click a mainsite article and see what it says — they're all showing BST for me. The actual mainsite, it shows 'hours ago', then 'days ago', then goes to the same date/time format as it'd been displaying when 'fixed' earlier. Ant's the only one who knows what changes were and were not made and on which parts of the site they were made, so it's certainly possible that the mainsite proper would show the dates one way and the articles and forum posts another.

BEST THREAD EVER

ramstrong

theblackdragon wrote:

@ramstrong: Click a mainsite article and see what it says — they're all showing BST for me. The actual mainsite, it shows 'hours ago', then 'days ago', then goes to the same date/time format as it'd been displaying when 'fixed' earlier. Ant's the only one who knows what changes were and were not made and on which parts of the site they were made, so it's certainly possible that the mainsite proper would show the dates one way and the articles and forum posts another.

Yes, that's what I meant.
The point is, if it's possible for one part of the website to show properly, it is possible for all parts to show properly.
I do hope you guys have separate systems to test out improvements. That way, the website can be improved without subjecting failed experiments to the user.

Petit Computer Journal

theblackdragon

@ramstrong: 'possible', sure, but it's almost 1am where I'm at — i'd guess the poor guy's been asleep for a while by now, lol, or at least I'd hope so. if he crapped out in the middle of trying to get it all fixed, i wouldn't blame him; it's a pretty minor issue in the grand scheme of things, after all :3

BEST THREAD EVER

ramstrong

Nocturnal creatures, we are. If BST is British, then it's 6 AM over there.
I took a peek at the source. The BST part is of text, instead of JavaScript. Whatever is the error, it's on the server side, not client-side. HTH.

Petit Computer Journal

antdickens

Morning/Afternoon/Evening all, I've made some more changes to the date/time functions (this happens on the client side), it's working on all browsers & devices that I have access to today.

If you're still having the issue (after hitting refresh a couple of times), let me know your browser/device and I'll do some further testing tomorrow!

Thanks!

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox | Time Extension

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

Jaz007

I'm using a HP laptop with internet explorer and it's still showing up as BST.

Jaz007

Jaz007

I'm using internet explorer 8 and it does say with errors on the page. I've clicked refresh too. I clicked refresh a few more times and it doesn't say with errors now, it just says done and there is a icon with a piece of paper with a folded corner and a yellow triangle with a ! on it.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.