Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 481 to 500 of 1,959

y2josh

That's probably exactly what we'll see. I bet Sean Waltman will show up at some point too.

Sounds like an exhilarating RAW coming up.

Edited on by y2josh

y2josh

EvilRegal

y2josh wrote:

That's probably exactly what we'll see. I bet Sean Waltman will show up at some point too.

Sounds like an exhilarating RAW coming up.

To quote Kevin Nash in WCW many years ago, "we're getting the band back together" (or something to that effect). Tomorrow is going to be very interesting!

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

EvilRegal

Fun fact (or not-so-fun fact if you're a CM Punk fan like me): CM Punk has now both capitalized on and been victimized by the Money in the Bank briefcase. He cashed it in to defeat Edge for the World Heavyweight Title on Raw, June 30th, 2008. And now Alberto Del Rio has successfully cashed in on him, August 14th, 2011.

The one and only good thing about it: A ticked off CM Punk is one hell of an entertaining CM Punk. To paraphrase Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction, at Raw, CM Punk is going to be a "superfly T.N.T. & pipe bomb, mushroom cloud-laying..." well, can't say the rest here LOL. I just hope the mics at Raw are up to snuff for conversion into a weapon of mass destruction.

Oh yeah. One thing that really agitates me. They couldn't give Punk ONE clean win over Cena. Both had to have controversy attached. He deserved a clean win tonight for further push and legitimacy. That's not right. Reminds me of how they did with Hulk Hogan. Only clean title wins (or clean wins PERIOD) against him that I remember were by Ultimate Warrior and Lex Luger. I don't think poor Macho Man, God rest his soul, ever got a win over Hogan.

Edited on by EvilRegal

Tasuki

I dont think its going to be a tag team with Cena and Punk VS Del Rio and Nash. More than likely they will have a Championship battle back and forth with Del Rio and Mysterio. I wouldnt be surprised if the did a Cena and Punk VS Nash and either Hall or Xpac angle. Since Triple H is in charge they might do a reverse NWO angle where NWO/The Kliq or whatever you want to call them fight for the WWE rather than be the anti authority NWO this time.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Splat

Kevin Nash is awful. He is was and always will be overrated.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

kkslider5552000

Splat wrote:

Kevin Nash is awful. He is was and always will be overrated.

lies and more lies, Nash is awesome. Granted, he is far from the best wrestler ever, but the guy was part of the original NWO for a reason.

Anyway, the right people are world champions now (no offense to the Best in the World). Christian proved every week that the new guys like Bryan, Barrett, Sheamus and Rhodes should be in the world title picture instead of him. I was expecting him to win but honestly, it's Orton's time. I thought I was getting bored with him but it's impossible, the guy is clearly having a blast on Smackdown and it's made him so much fun to watch. I just hope this doesn't mean Orton vs. Henry as that would suck.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

EvilRegal

God I hope Punk mentions the "finger of doom" when Nash took a dive for Hogan!

EvilRegal

Well, they made it very clear how it's going to be in the near future. CM Punk gets wrapped up feuding with Nash and Triple H (probably with no Del Rio rematch), while Cena remains in the title hunt and gets first crack at Del Rio at the next PPV. Good God... Thanks, WWE, for reminding me of one reason why I didn't watch much of you until recently when Punk livened up the joint. I will say that Cena was more interesting than usual going off on Del Rio like that.
btw, Vickie Guerrero is so friggin hot!

Edited on by EvilRegal

the_shpydar

Raw was okay, but a bit weak. Definitely a "post-PPV-hangover" show, as a lot of people were off their game both in and out of the ring, on the mic and on commentary.

Always cool to see Nash back, and it should be fun to see Punk feud with him. I really like that Alberto is champion, but i don't want to see him feud with Cena already. We'll see how that one plays out.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Splat

"OMG Kevin Nash WTF? I thought he was dead? LOL"

I laughed.

Tasuki

Splat wrote:

I laughed.

I near spit out my dinner when I heard that lol.

My Backlog

the_shpydar

Tasuki wrote:

Splat wrote:

I laughed.

I near spit out my dinner when I heard that lol.

Yeah, that was awesome. And I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was actually a legit message, too.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

y2josh

This was posted on wrestlinginc.com about what happened after RAW ended. It sounds like Cena and Punk are going to be "buddies" now because the fans like them. Lame.

"As noted earlier today, after Raw went off the air last night, Alberto Del Rio and his ring announcer/manager Ricardo Rodriguez were headed up the ramp when CM Punk's music hit. Both Del Rio and Rodriguez retreated to the ring only to be stuck between John Cena and Punk. Del Rio received a GTS from Punk followed by an Attitude Adjustment from Cena. Rodriguez then begged Cena and Punk to hand over the WWE Championship. Punk and Cena began to toss the title between each other as Rodriguez would attempt to intercept, but fail miserably. At one point, John Cena used the WWE Title in a "bullfight" with Rodriguez being the bull. Every time Rodriguez would reach for the title and not get it, the crowd yelled ole! Rodriguez gave up, and was also given a GTS from Punk and Attitude Adjustment from Cena. Once he cleared the ring, both Cena and Punk did a pose off with the WWE Championship.It was very similar to what they did when both men held the belt. Cena received a lot of cheers mixed with boos while Punk received a huge pop. They did 3 poses each with the title, then Cena left the ring. Punk left and the ring announcer thanked the crowd for coming."

y2josh

EvilRegal

If you've seen/heard about it, what did you guys think of CM Punk's "tribute" to Randy Savage at Summer Slam? Toward the end of the match, he mounted the top rope, held his arms up, pointing to the Heavens and delivered a flying elbow smash to Cena, shades of Savage's famous finisher! If WWE really wanted to make that a tribute to the late Macho Man, they'd have had it finishing off Cena (and I thought for a nanosecond that Triple H's hand did slap the mat the third time). Still, it was an awesome tribute by The Best in the World. And even better were the Randy Savage chants afterward (it got LOUD... then Cena had to shut it up with a small package try)!

Ironic, this Summer Slam marks the 20th anniversary of Savage and Miss Elizabeth's wedding at Summer Slam '91! The promo for it was a match made in Heaven (the marriage) and a match made in Hell (the main event). And now both Savage and Miss Elizabeth are gone.

Not sure if Punk's flying elbow smash was improvised or scripted, but it was a thing of beauty!

Edited on by EvilRegal

Tasuki

y2josh wrote:

This was posted on wrestlinginc.com about what happened after RAW ended. It sounds like Cena and Punk are going to be "buddies" now because the fans like them. Lame.

"As noted earlier today, after Raw went off the air last night, Alberto Del Rio and his ring announcer/manager Ricardo Rodriguez were headed up the ramp when CM Punk's music hit. Both Del Rio and Rodriguez retreated to the ring only to be stuck between John Cena and Punk. Del Rio received a GTS from Punk followed by an Attitude Adjustment from Cena. Rodriguez then begged Cena and Punk to hand over the WWE Championship. Punk and Cena began to toss the title between each other as Rodriguez would attempt to intercept, but fail miserably. At one point, John Cena used the WWE Title in a "bullfight" with Rodriguez being the bull. Every time Rodriguez would reach for the title and not get it, the crowd yelled ole! Rodriguez gave up, and was also given a GTS from Punk and Attitude Adjustment from Cena. Once he cleared the ring, both Cena and Punk did a pose off with the WWE Championship.It was very similar to what they did when both men held the belt. Cena received a lot of cheers mixed with boos while Punk received a huge pop. They did 3 poses each with the title, then Cena left the ring. Punk left and the ring announcer thanked the crowd for coming."

Nah I think that was just a little extra thing for the people in attendance at the arena. Last after last weeks Smackdown went off the air they did something similar with Christian, Randy Orton, Shamus and Mark Henry. After Christians bit at the end of Smackdown Randy tried to goody Christian into coming into the ring but Christian wouldnt have anything to do with it when he tried to leave Shamus came out of the back grabbed Christian into the ring and as he started to go back up the ramp Mark Henry came out and blasted Shamus. That led Triple H to come out and make it a Tag Match for the home crowd. It ended with Randy and Shamus beating the crap out of Christian cause after getting tossed around by Shamus Mark Henry walked off. Shamus ended up doing that kick to Christian and Randy RKOd him than and the arena went nuts as both him and Shamus stoop atop the ring posts as Christian stumbled off to the back.

My Backlog

kkslider5552000

y2josh wrote:

you're implying the post-ending of a WWE show matters to anything ever

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

y2josh

I'm just saying what I think. I know that wasn't on TV, but like I said before they ended the Cena/Punk feud really quick, and it was probably due to the heel heat from the fans on Cena and they aren't ready to turn Cena heel. I just don't have high expectations as I did when all of this started. I still love what Punk is doing, but they downplayed him on RAW I felt.

y2josh

EvilRegal

y2josh wrote:

I'm just saying what I think. I know that wasn't on TV, but like I said before they ended the Cena/Punk feud really quick, and it was probably due to the heel heat from the fans on Cena and they aren't ready to turn Cena heel. I just don't have high expectations as I did when all of this started. I still love what Punk is doing, but they downplayed him on RAW I felt.

Yeah, I felt they downplayed him too. Evidently that's what becoming more popular than John Cena gets you. In the Rock/Austin/Triple H era, when all three where incredibly popular (though at various times they were heel), WWF/WWE managed to give them pretty much equal push and time with the championship. I really hope they can at least TRY some of that balance with Cena and Punk as faces (but probably not since it equals boos for Cena, cheers for punk).

Splat

On Air I don't think they will have Punk and Cena as friends but the feuding is over for sure. To many fans where siding with Punk and the WWE can't have that...

I'm interested to see how the Punk/HHH thing plays out.

Splat

Thoughts from last nights SD.

Alberto Del Rio vs Daniel Bryan was one heck of a match really enjoyed it.

WWE has ruined what I felt like was a good thing in Sin Cara. I just can't take him serious any more knowing it's someone else and the announces saying "look at the muscle he has added" doesn't help.

Mark Henry is in beast mode...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic