General Discussion Forum

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Showing 481 to 500 of 1,249

AuthorMessage

FluttershyGuy

481. Posted:

Randy Orton is World Champion again. Cena wins it'll pretty much be retention of the old guard by WWE. Wonder what role daddy's little girl will play in Cena/Punk? You know she'll get involved. Crowd behind hopefully the soon to be undisputed champ CM Punk! Like he's back in Chi-town for MitB.

Edited on by FluttershyGuy

Brony since 7/28/11
Fluttershy is best pony!!!
"Once Upon a Time" fan, and Evil Regal.
Lana Parrilla is sexiest woman alive!
FluttershyGuy on Nintendo Network. 3DS Friend Code 5241-1915-3356.

AuthorMessage

y2josh

482. Posted:

Looks like a crappy PPV so far other than maybe CM Punk and Cena, but I've not read those spoilers yet.

The word "Gem" is overused.
PSN/gamertag: jcturtle
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6118-9371

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

483. Posted:

Well just as I thought Del Rio is the Champ now. Although I didnt expect that run in by Diesel (Kevin Nash). Looks like you are going to have some build up with Cena and Triple H for that bad call and Punk and Diesel now.

And now it looks like they are going to build the WWE Championship hype between Alberto and Rey.

Oh and it was nice to see Edge too.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

FluttershyGuy

484. Posted:

Can't say much now. Have fallen into a deep depression...

Brony since 7/28/11

AuthorMessage

y2josh

485. Posted:

Del Rio is SOOOOOOOOOOO BORRRRRRRRIIIINNNNNNNNNNGG

Also, I bet they wanted to get all that heel heat off of Cena so the feud is ending quickly :D

Edited on by y2josh

AuthorMessage

FluttershyGuy

486. Posted:

y2josh wrote:

Del Rio is SOOOOOOOOOOO BORRRRRRRRIIIINNNNNNNNNNGG

Also, I bet they wanted to get all that heel heat off of Cena so the feud is ending quickly :D

Watch tomorrow, Punk and Cena setting aside their differences AND solidifying their face status to form a tag team that would face Del Rio and Nash in the near future. At least if I'm going by typical WWE script. Tomorrow is also going to be like Cinco de Mayo on Raw, both with festivities with the new champion gloating, and Del Rio vs. Mysterio.

Brony since 7/28/11

AuthorMessage

y2josh

487. Posted:

That's probably exactly what we'll see. I bet Sean Waltman will show up at some point too.

Sounds like an exhilarating RAW coming up.

Edited on by y2josh

AuthorMessage

FluttershyGuy

488. Posted:

y2josh wrote:

That's probably exactly what we'll see. I bet Sean Waltman will show up at some point too.

Sounds like an exhilarating RAW coming up.

To quote Kevin Nash in WCW many years ago, "we're getting the band back together" (or something to that effect). Tomorrow is going to be very interesting!

Brony since 7/28/11

AuthorMessage

FluttershyGuy

489. Posted:

Fun fact (or not-so-fun fact if you're a CM Punk fan like me): CM Punk has now both capitalized on and been victimized by the Money in the Bank briefcase. He cashed it in to defeat Edge for the World Heavyweight Title on Raw, June 30th, 2008. And now Alberto Del Rio has successfully cashed in on him, August 14th, 2011.

The one and only good thing about it: A ticked off CM Punk is one hell of an entertaining CM Punk. To paraphrase Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction, at Raw, CM Punk is going to be a "superfly T.N.T. & pipe bomb, mushroom cloud-laying..." well, can't say the rest here LOL. I just hope the mics at Raw are up to snuff for conversion into a weapon of mass destruction. :D

Oh yeah. One thing that really agitates me. They couldn't give Punk ONE clean win over Cena. Both had to have controversy attached. He deserved a clean win tonight for further push and legitimacy. That's not right. Reminds me of how they did with Hulk Hogan. Only clean title wins (or clean wins PERIOD) against him that I remember were by Ultimate Warrior and Lex Luger. I don't think poor Macho Man, God rest his soul, ever got a win over Hogan.

Brony since 7/28/11

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

490. Posted:

I dont think its going to be a tag team with Cena and Punk VS Del Rio and Nash. More than likely they will have a Championship battle back and forth with Del Rio and Mysterio. I wouldnt be surprised if the did a Cena and Punk VS Nash and either Hall or Xpac angle. Since Triple H is in charge they might do a reverse NWO angle where NWO/The Kliq or whatever you want to call them fight for the WWE rather than be the anti authority NWO this time.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Splat

491. Posted:

Kevin Nash is awful. He is was and always will be overrated.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

492. Posted:

Splat wrote:

Kevin Nash is awful. He is was and always will be overrated.

lies and more lies, Nash is awesome. Granted, he is far from the best wrestler ever, but the guy was part of the original NWO for a reason.

Anyway, the right people are world champions now (no offense to the Best in the World). Christian proved every week that the new guys like Bryan, Barrett, Sheamus and Rhodes should be in the world title picture instead of him. I was expecting him to win but honestly, it's Orton's time. I thought I was getting bored with him but it's impossible, the guy is clearly having a blast on Smackdown and it's made him so much fun to watch. I just hope this doesn't mean Orton vs. Henry as that would suck.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

FluttershyGuy

493. Posted:

God I hope Punk mentions the "finger of doom" when Nash took a dive for Hogan!

Brony since 7/28/11

AuthorMessage

FluttershyGuy

494. Posted:

Well, they made it very clear how it's going to be in the near future. CM Punk gets wrapped up feuding with Nash and Triple H (probably with no Del Rio rematch), while Cena remains in the title hunt and gets first crack at Del Rio at the next PPV. Good God... Thanks, WWE, for reminding me of one reason why I didn't watch much of you until recently when Punk livened up the joint. I will say that Cena was more interesting than usual going off on Del Rio like that.
btw, Vickie Guerrero is so friggin hot!

Brony since 7/28/11

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

495. Posted:

Raw was okay, but a bit weak. Definitely a "post-PPV-hangover" show, as a lot of people were off their game both in and out of the ring, on the mic and on commentary.

Always cool to see Nash back, and it should be fun to see Punk feud with him. I really like that Alberto is champion, but i don't want to see him feud with Cena already. We'll see how that one plays out.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 25 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 13 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

Splat

496. Posted:

"OMG Kevin Nash WTF? I thought he was dead? LOL"

I laughed.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

497. Posted:

Splat wrote:

I laughed.

I near spit out my dinner when I heard that lol.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

498. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Splat wrote:

I laughed.

I near spit out my dinner when I heard that lol.

Yeah, that was awesome. And I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was actually a legit message, too. :D

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 25 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 13 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

y2josh

499. Posted:

This was posted on wrestlinginc.com about what happened after RAW ended. It sounds like Cena and Punk are going to be "buddies" now because the fans like them. Lame.

"As noted earlier today, after Raw went off the air last night, Alberto Del Rio and his ring announcer/manager Ricardo Rodriguez were headed up the ramp when CM Punk's music hit. Both Del Rio and Rodriguez retreated to the ring only to be stuck between John Cena and Punk. Del Rio received a GTS from Punk followed by an Attitude Adjustment from Cena. Rodriguez then begged Cena and Punk to hand over the WWE Championship. Punk and Cena began to toss the title between each other as Rodriguez would attempt to intercept, but fail miserably. At one point, John Cena used the WWE Title in a "bullfight" with Rodriguez being the bull. Every time Rodriguez would reach for the title and not get it, the crowd yelled ole! Rodriguez gave up, and was also given a GTS from Punk and Attitude Adjustment from Cena. Once he cleared the ring, both Cena and Punk did a pose off with the WWE Championship.It was very similar to what they did when both men held the belt. Cena received a lot of cheers mixed with boos while Punk received a huge pop. They did 3 poses each with the title, then Cena left the ring. Punk left and the ring announcer thanked the crowd for coming."

AuthorMessage

FluttershyGuy

500. Posted:

If you've seen/heard about it, what did you guys think of CM Punk's "tribute" to Randy Savage at Summer Slam? Toward the end of the match, he mounted the top rope, held his arms up, pointing to the Heavens and delivered a flying elbow smash to Cena, shades of Savage's famous finisher! If WWE really wanted to make that a tribute to the late Macho Man, they'd have had it finishing off Cena (and I thought for a nanosecond that Triple H's hand did slap the mat the third time). Still, it was an awesome tribute by The Best in the World. And even better were the Randy Savage chants afterward (it got LOUD... then Cena had to shut it up with a small package try)!

Ironic, this Summer Slam marks the 20th anniversary of Savage and Miss Elizabeth's wedding at Summer Slam '91! The promo for it was a match made in Heaven (the marriage) and a match made in Hell (the main event). And now both Savage and Miss Elizabeth are gone.

Not sure if Punk's flying elbow smash was improvised or scripted, but it was a thing of beauty!

Brony since 7/28/11