Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 281 to 300 of 1,959

Tasuki

sykotek wrote:

Wait, you don't really think your votes did anything did you? They still needed to choreograph the match, they're not gonna let fans choose a random person to "compete" --the chances someone could actually get hurt would be astronomical. Voting = scam.

I am sure that its preplanned the voting, I woulnt necessary call it a scam. I mean come on would they really have the title switch on a random vote?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

the_shpydar

sykotek wrote:

Wait, you don't really think your votes did anything did you? They still needed to choreograph the match, they're not gonna let fans choose a random person to "compete" --the chances someone could actually get hurt would be astronomical. Voting = scam.

Most matches aren't "choreographed" as a whole. Some of the important spots are planned, as well as the finish and any storyline-related happenings, but most wrestlers call their matches in the ring when it comes to specific moves. If you're thinking that the wrestlers run through their entire matches before a show, that's just simply not accurate. Some wrestlers have been known to meticulously plan out each move for a match (DDP was notorious for this), but that's not usually the case.

@Tasuki
A Diva's Title switch. And yes, i can absolutely see them doing that on the fly — or rather, it was likely booked as "whoever wins the fan vote will go over and win the title", or it was planned as "If Kelly wins the vote she goes over, if Eve wins the vote she doesn't go over, if Beth wins the vote we say it's voter error because obviously no one actually wants to see a good women's wrestler on the TV."

In all honesty, they don't really need to rig the votes since the options they give are so stupid they basically corral voters into picking the one they (WWE) would prefer gets chosen (i mean come on, the ME options were 20-minute time limit, one fall finish and elimination match --- gee, i wonder which one voters were going to pick?)

The only thing on the entire show that was worth anything was the Punk-Del Rio-Mysterio match. The Ziggler-Kofi match was okay, but very sloppy in spots and the ME was so painfully predictable, right down to the closing shot of Cena and Orton posing with their respective titles.

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Splat

the_shpydar wrote:

sykotek wrote:

Most matches aren't "choreographed" as a whole. Some of the important spots are planned, as well as the finish and any storyline-related happenings, but most wrestlers call their matches in the ring when it comes to specific moves. If you're thinking that the wrestlers run through their entire matches before a show, that's just simply not accurate. Some wrestlers have been known to meticulously plan out each move for a match (DDP was notorious for this), but that's not usually the case.

This. They have a basic plan going in to a match and the out come is predetermined obviously but everything else is left up to the guys working the match. Evan Bourne had faced everyone in the poll before it's not like he would have been thrown in with some random person. I know he has never faced Sin Cara on TV but I have no doubt they have faced each other in dark matches.

Edited on by Splat

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

Deviant_Mugen

y2josh wrote:

I like Trevor Murdock. At a house show in 2008 (i think) he was on the ring apron in a tag match and when it got real quiet (i was in the front row) i yelled "You suck Murdock" and he turned around and scream "Your mom sucks!" Good times.

Classic!

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

sykotek

Matches are choreographed, it's not a dirty word, it just is, saying they do spots is saying the same thing, it's all preplanned. Also, I don't mean scam like in a malicious sorta way, but seriously, I doubt they would risk their talent with having them face random opponents, stipulations on the other hand, they're just whatever..., not hard to fake really and I can swear they even had guys running through all of the different stipulations in one match last time they did this. I mean, sorry to shatter anyone's thoughts on how this works, I mean, I guess it's nice to feel included, but the actuality is that all your text messaged votes were for nothing for anyone who contributed to voting.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

the_shpydar

sykotek wrote:

Matches are choreographed, it's not a dirty word, it just is, saying they do spots is saying the same thing, it's all preplanned. Also, I don't mean scam like in a malicious sorta way, but seriously, I doubt they would risk their talent with having them face random opponents, stipulations on the other hand, they're just whatever..., not hard to fake really and I can swear they even had guys running through all of the different stipulations in one match last time they did this. I mean, sorry to shatter anyone's thoughts on how this works, I mean, I guess it's nice to feel included, but the actuality is that all your text messaged votes were for nothing for anyone who contributed to voting.

My point on the "choreographed" thing was that matches are not planned the way you had described. They don't do "dress rehearsal matches" (for lack of a better way to describe it, lol) before they perform in front of the fans. Typically, the wrestlers will talk before the match and get an idea of what they want to do, but call the spots during the match. Some guys who have worked together many times will just go out there cold, since they know each other well enough to be able to call the whole thing during the match (again, except for the finish, or any important high spots/storyline-injury related moves).

They're not "risking" anything — if they had guys on the roster who couldn't go with anyone else on the roster, they wouldn't be on TV in the first place. You're really overthinking it — yes, we all know wrestling is pre-determined and many moves are staged (in the same sense as a "stage-punch" in tv or theatre, or in knowing how to land right from a high-spot, etc), but my point is that the matches are simply not as meticulously planned out as you originally suggested.

As far as the voting all being staged, well it's certainly possible, but not likely. What would be the motivation? As i said, they corral the voters into choosing what WWE wants anyway, and it's not like the voting gimmick like this EVER pops a rating. They'd even potentially be skirting close to consumer fraud, if people are paying text message rates for something that means nothing. Frankly, i don't really care as i never vote in these things anyway since they are so pointless.

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

sykotek

Here's one instance where they're doing a dress rehearsal match, I've seen others, ones with recent stars as well. ...I'd rather not continue to mention the staged-voting because I dislike sounding like a broken record since we're obviously not good at convincing one another on our points (lack of motive vs. wrestlers being able to properly protect one another) and are just restating our points over and over, so I'm gonna drop the discussion and you can believe what you want to believe. I'm not trying to start an argument of any sort nor am I trying to convince you that you're wrong and that I'm right.
[youtube:662UlxZKk9k]

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

Splat

Got around to watching this years WM and obviously Taker and HHH stole the show but I thought Punk vs Orton and Rhodes vs Rey were pretty good as well.

The rest of it was just decent.

Tasuki

@Splat: Yep the Taker/Triple H fight was the best but what do you expect from those two. The Edge/Del Rio match could have been better especially since that was Edge's last match. Of course at the time I watched it I didnt know it was his last match till Raw the next night.

My Backlog

Splat

Chavo Guerrero is no longer with WWE.

Splat

http://www.examiner.com/fight-sports-in-national/chavo-guerre...

"Yes, it's true. My release is the big news I was talking about. But let's get something straight. I asked for my release. I was just tired. Of not being used correctly. Just cuz u can make other ppl look good, doesn't mean they should just have u lose to them. I was not happy in WWE anymore. I had a smile on my face last night though when I got my release though!"

"I will never go back to the place WWE put me in. I will never go back to being underutilized and watching ppl who suck get bigger "pushes" Than me! My hands were tied most of the time. It's time for me to start being a Guerrero again, and start kicking ass again, be able to tell stories in the ring like u know we can. I love u all and can't wait for the future!! So happy. "

Edited on by Splat

Tasuki

I have to agree with him there. They pushed Rey Myesterio and now Sin Cara but since Eddie died they done nothing with Chavo. I am glad for him. Probably will see him pop up in TNA since his Uncle is there.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

Splat

The way TNA is pushing the X div if he was going to do it now would be the time.

Tasuki

Splat wrote:

The way TNA is pushing the X div if he was going to do it now would be the time.

Usually when they release a Superstar WWE puts them in a will not compete in anything else clause for a number of months. If he does make the jump I am suspecting it will probably be in about six months to a year.

My Backlog

JusticeColde

Tasuki wrote:

Splat wrote:

Usually when they release a Superstar WWE puts them in a will not compete in anything else clause for a number of months. If he does make the jump I am suspecting it will probably be in about six months to a year.

Let's just hope that Russo doesn't kill the X Division before that time.

Tecmo Action Bowl 2014 is available now, get you copy today.
Entertainment, turday.
BL Beatmania '15

3DS Friend Code: 5000-5118-3210 | Nintendo Network ID: JusticeColde | Twitter:

the_shpydar

Tasuki wrote:

Splat wrote:

The standard non-compete clauses are usually 90 days, although sometimes wrestlers will get a release with no non-compete stipulation (meaning they'd be able to work elsewhere right away). I'd expect Chavo probably has the standard 90-day clause. Good for Chavo, though. He's been tremendously misused/underused for pretty much the past decade.

BTW, this is also from his statement, in case anyone didn't read the whole thing he posted:

Chavo_Guerrero wrote:

LOL I know it may sound like it, but I've got no hard feelings toward the WWE. I've just been unhappy there for a long time & if you have watched the show, you will know why. I made a lot of money, but I'm better than just cashing a paycheck. I wish no hard feelings toward the WWE and want to see them and all my friends there succeed!

I love wrestling and want nothing but wrestling to get better and bigger. You fans deserve nothing but a great show and great stories and athleticism for staying so true to wrestling. It's in my blood and always will be.

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery

kkslider5552000

lolno

Chavo's a good wrestler and can be funny and stuff but anytime he's in a serious feud, it is painful to watch. His ECW title run made me want to stop watching the semi-underrated WWECW. (like, the moment he won it) It doesn't help that he's failed wellness in the past, which was created largely BECAUSE OF EDDIE'S DEATH.

I mean, I hope he does well in somewhere that isn't too incredibly stupid even by wrestling standards(TNA) as he can be fun to watch. But there are like 10 hungrier and better wrestlers that are underused in WWE at any given time. I mean, Zack Ryder not being on tv and the neverending slow burying of Wade Barrett is far worse than Eddie's overrated nephew.

And do we even have to mention how former WCW talent were originally used in the company?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Splat

Mark Henry making an impact who knew?

Splat

CM Punk is freaking awesome!!! That was so great...

Edited on by Splat

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic