Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 201 to 220 of 1,969

Tasuki

the_shpydar wrote:

Sylverstone wrote:

Splat wrote:

The look on Bill De Mott's face after AJ cut his promo on Tough Enough was priceless. He still ended up getting sent home but that was down right classic.

I was chuckling. Too bad he got sent home.

Yeah, that was awesome. You could totally see Bill was thinking "Holy sh*! this kid is NAILING it"!

And so happy that it looks like the whole Cole business is finally over with. I'm fine with him continuing the semi-heelish announcer role, though ideally i'd rather have JR back full time and have Cole move into the "anonymous GM" position and maybe a third man on the announce team (JR, King, Cole). Josh Matthews is ok, but he still has quite a ways to go before he's ready to be the lead on the broadcast team.

I also loved the Riley semi-face turn. That was a great beating, Miz took it well, and the crowd went NUTS, which really helped the whole angle.

I loved watching Riley beat the crap out of The Miz, and I have to agree Miz sold it well. I am kinda anxious to see where this angle is going now between The Miz and Riley.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tasuki

I dont know if any of you heard this rumor but I guess Kharma is not going to be on TV any more. I have read all kinds of rumors from that she wasnt happy to the way her storyline was going to that she is pregnant in real life so she has to step away from the ring for a bit. Not sure if any of these are true but its kinda sad to see her leave so soon.

My Backlog

the_shpydar

Yeah, sucks that she's going to be out just as she was getting her WWE break. I wonder if they'll acknowledge her at all after this week, or just pretend like she was never there — that'll be a good indicator of her future with the company. It was a weird way to write her out though, the fact that there wasn't an in-ring beatdown on her as a blow-off seems to make certain rumors more likely than others, but who knows. Just sucks that she won't be around for a while.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Splat

Kharma was the only thing the Divas had going for them pretty weak.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

theblackdragon

Everything i'm reading is saying that Kharma's gonna be out for over nine months/over nine months... she's gotta be pregnant for them to know specifically that she's gonna be out for that long. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Weskerb

JusticeColde wrote:

If there is no more Kharma, Then the Divas have no nope left, They'll probably end up like the TNA Knockouts.

What do you mean?! TNA Knockouts are better than the WWE Divas.

Weskerb

Splat

billy-beauts wrote:

JusticeColde wrote:

If there is no more Kharma, Then the Divas have no nope left, They'll probably end up like the TNA Knockouts.

What do you mean?! TNA Knockouts are better than the WWE Divas.

That's not saying much.

Tasuki

theblackdragon wrote:

Everything i'm reading is saying that Kharma's gonna be out for over nine months/over nine months... she's gotta be pregnant for them to know specifically that she's gonna be out for that long. :3

Yeah that makes sense TBD. If she was taken off TV to be repackaged than more than likely they wouldnt have said a specific time like nine months and well nine months is the length of a normal pregnancy. Hopefully she will be back after the she has the kid if that is indeed the reason but if not its totally understandable. Congrats to her if thats the case.

My Backlog

the_shpydar

theblackdragon wrote:

Yeah, that's the leading rumor; it would also explain why she wasn't given a beatdown by all the divas as part of the blowoff angle.

Meanwhile, i'll reccommend SHIMMER again (lol, for like the third or fourth time this thread, probably) for anyone who actually wants to see some good women's wrestling.

The Shpydarloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

daze0f_theweak

I enjoy wrestling, but don't have time for RAW, Smackdown, NXT, Superstars and Impact. So I DVR WWE Experience and catch TNA whenever I can. Even though WWE has the better budget and stories, I feel better when watching TNA.

In TNA, the guys wrestle harder, and the girls actually wrestle! Simply put, TNA is refreshing.

3136-6573-9711

the_shpydar

@daze0f_theweak
That's exactly how i feel about TNA. Even when it sucks, i like watching it more than WWE shows, even when WWE puts on a great show. It's hard to explain. Granted, i also was a die-hard WCW fan until the end.

As a random wrestling-and-nintendo-related bit, i noticed during the main event (the only bit i watched, really) that someone sitting on the hard-camera side (the bottom of your screen) was taking pictures using a 3DS.

The Shpydarloggery

Splat

TNA's in ring work is great but the writing and most of their rosters mic/acting skills are pretty bad. I think they go for the shock and awe to much when they don't have to. They have a talented roster but no direction it's a shame really it could be so much better.

That is not to say that WWE is hitting home runs with their story line either. I feel wrestling as a whole has been stale for some time now I'm still a fan but it will never be what it once was. Maybe I'm just showing my age with the "back in my day talk".

Edited on by Splat

Tasuki

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

So I checked out TNA for the first time in a couple of years and....all I saw was Hulk Hogan,Mick Folley, Mr. Anderson, and Kurt Angle. I also heard Booker T was there for a while. What's with all the old WWE stars on TNA?

Well Booker T is back with the WWE now as a commentator on Smackdown and a Trainer for Tough Enough. As for Hogan I believe that they wanted the bring back the whole Hogan/Bischoff thing from WCW which really isnt working to well. Some of the WWE stars went over there probably cause it was fresh and new compared to the stale WWE but from what I heard now is that alot of them arent happy since Hogan showed up on the scene. Also alot of the old WWE people that are on TNA like Kurt Angel and Jeff Hardy for example have problems that WWE wants them to take care off but rather than take care off these problems they ran off to TNA where they seem to be not as strict as WWE when it comes to these problems.

Truthfully though this is just like back in the days with WCW and WWE you had people going back and forth between the two companies all the time basically when one gets stale in their eyes they go to the other one thats all.

My Backlog

Tasuki

Well were down to the final two for Tough Enough. I hope Andy wins it, Luke is too much of a punk and has a huge ego but more than likey he will win what do you guys think?

Well its official now Kharma is pregnant so I guess we wont see here for nine months.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

alexhuerta

I also hope Andy will win, but Luke is definetely wwe bound at some point. He's got the look and charisma to get a shot. Randy Orton should sue the guy for copying the lame "character" he's been portraying in wwe over the last several years. Luke should start investing in getting him some "edgy" tatoos just like his role model

alexhuerta

Splat

Love him or hate him there is no denying that Luke has more going for him he has the full package and should make for a great heal in the WWE.

Andy reminds me of ex WWE wrestler Test he has a decent look and is decent in the ring but just doesn't have the "it" factor at all.

Splat

Heck ya it's on.

Untitled

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic