Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 121 to 140 of 1,959

Splat

Tasuki wrote:

y2josh wrote:

Rima will be sent to train, surely. The way they was praising her even though she was sent packing. They probably know the winner never does much in the WWE anyways.

Lol so true I think the only winner out of any of those contests thats stuck with the business is Christy Hemme whos on TNA now.

The one that had me laughing was that one MMA fighter that won the last Tough Enough. He made like two appearances the Royal Rumble match and another one in a fight against Kurt Angle where he put Angle in a key lock and wouldnt let go. But honestly if these people win these contests how come they dont last long? It seems kinda silly but if being in the WWE is their dream like so many of them claim and the win why leave after such a short time?

I'm sure it's not their choice to leave. Winning the contest is only the first step you have to earn the rest. Vince is not going to keep anyone around just because they won TE. It's early still but if I had to give someone the edge as of now I would give it to Luke even after a bad showing this week. I think he has the most going for him.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

Tasuki

Splat wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

y2josh wrote:

Rima will be sent to train, surely. The way they was praising her even though she was sent packing. They probably know the winner never does much in the WWE anyways.

Lol so true I think the only winner out of any of those contests thats stuck with the business is Christy Hemme whos on TNA now.

The one that had me laughing was that one MMA fighter that won the last Tough Enough. He made like two appearances the Royal Rumble match and another one in a fight against Kurt Angle where he put Angle in a key lock and wouldnt let go. But honestly if these people win these contests how come they dont last long? It seems kinda silly but if being in the WWE is their dream like so many of them claim and the win why leave after such a short time?

I'm sure it's not their choice to leave. Winning the contest is only the first step you have to earn the rest. Vince is not going to keep anyone around just because they won TE.

True you made a good point there theres probably some backstage drama or something that we are unaware of that causes them to leave.

Well the draft is now over and I just cant believe how anyone can believe that the draft is random. Earlier Drew McIntyre went to Raw and now Sheamus is going to Smackdown I mean I understand that they want to keep the US belt on one show and the Intercontinental on the other but how is that random? I mean what are the chances that both Champions would get Drafted. Oh well.

Also Beth Phoenix is going to Raw I hope that means they have something in the works for her and Awesome Kong. I would so love to see that.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Sylverstone

Splat wrote:

@Tasuki - I would not be shocked at all to see Rima in WWE down the line even if she doesn't wrestle Vince will find a spot for her like he did Josh Matthews.

Yeah, wasn't Josh Mathews a competitor in one of the Tough Enough seasons? I recall that from scrubbing over the Wikipedia articles.

Website | SYLVER.STREAM on Twitch | SK+SE on Ko-fi

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter:

Tasuki

Sylverstone wrote:

Splat wrote:

@Tasuki - I would not be shocked at all to see Rima in WWE down the line even if she doesn't wrestle Vince will find a spot for her like he did Josh Matthews.

Yeah, wasn't Josh Mathews a competitor in one of the Tough Enough seasons? I recall that from scrubbing over the Wikipedia articles.

Yeah I think it was in Tough Enough 3 but I could be wrong. What I find funny is that people who dont win Tough Enough go on to have very successful careers The Miz John Morrison and Josh Mathews being examples.

My Backlog

Tasuki

WTF??? Christian was Heavyweight Champ for 5 days. As much as I like Randy Orton I think that was a bad idea on WWEs behalf having Christian drop the belt to him after being Champ for only 5 days. Totally not liking that move.

My Backlog

y2josh

I don't like it either Tasuki. Hopefully though they will give him a push and he'll get another shot now that they are edgeless. He needs to get out of edge's shadow and hopefully win a championship without the thought of edge/christian in peoples minds.

y2josh

the_shpydar

I too was upset to hear they took the belt off Christian right away — but after actually watching the match (which was great) and seeing Christian's post-match reaction, i am curious as to where they're going. The most logical is that they turn Christian heel out of frustration from losing and such, especially since Smackdown seems a little heel-lite right now. It was funny though that you could see the smark fans in the audience who were clearly not happy with his loss.

Meanwhile, i'm curious about how they so aggressively mentioned Lethal's release on Impact this past week. The guy gets released and is mentioned more on the first show after he leaves then he's been mentioned in months! Lol.

And Kharma continues to be awesome. Kia Stevens is pure gold (and actually reminds me of several of my clients )

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Splat

And Randy Orton is the champ for the 197th time what a freaking joke.

the_shpydar

Splat wrote:

And Randy Orton is the champ for the 197th time what a freaking joke.

Yeah. I mean, i like Orton and all, but he so does not need the title at all. Of course, i still don't understand why they put the belt on Cena at this point either. I'd really like to see Alberto Del Rio get a nice long title run, though i expect it will happen eventually.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Splat

I'm a big fan of Orton but the guy never loses and it's getting really old. He could lose here and there and not lose any credibility in fans eyes. I so miss the days of long title runs this new champ stuff every other week does nothing for me and the same guys always being on top sucks to.

Edited on by Splat

Sylverstone

I understand that SD needs more main-eventers, but what the hell?

Christian was the most deserving guy for the belt, and they already make him drop it to Orton? What now, is he going to turn heel and keep Orton as a face?

Come on WWE, do better than that.

Website | SYLVER.STREAM on Twitch | SK+SE on Ko-fi

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter:

Tasuki

y2josh wrote:

I don't like it either Tasuki. Hopefully though they will give him a push and he'll get another shot now that they are edgeless. He needs to get out of edge's shadow and hopefully win a championship without the thought of edge/christian in peoples minds.

That could be it since Edge did kinda help him in getting the belt at Extreme Rules. This might be the start of where Christian will break away from his E & C days and really prove to people that hes is own person. Kinda like how they redid Bradshaws image when Ron Simmions retired from the ring and they ended APA. He totally reinvented himself with the whole JBL persona maybe the same will happen to Christian.

@the_shpydar: I havent watched Impact for about a year now. After they brought in Hogan and Bischoff it just seemed to me like they wanted to copy WCWs glory days, which mind you I liked but come on its been done and look what happened to WCW in the long run. Also when they made Jeff Hardy their Champion it caused me to lose alot of respect for TNA as a whole.

And yes I am glad to see Kharma on WWE as well I just cant wait for a Beth Phoenix/Kharama match.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

Splat

Not trying to crush any ones dream but I was ready for Eric to leave Tough Enough he just didn't have "it".

y2josh

I just got back from RAW. It was an awesome time. I was the dude in the 2nd row with a bald head and Chris Jericho shirt on if anyone noticed me.

Untitled

y2josh

sykotek

Untitled

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

JusticeColde

y2josh wrote:

I just got back from RAW. It was an awesome time. I was the dude in the 2nd row with a bald head and Chris Jericho shirt on if anyone noticed me.

What kind of Jericho shirt was it? I might be able to find You in a capture.

Possibly this one
Untitled

Edited on by JusticeColde

Tecmo Action Bowl 2014 is available now, get you copy today.
Entertainment, turday.
BL Beatmania '15

3DS Friend Code: 5000-5118-3210 | Nintendo Network ID: JusticeColde | Twitter:

theblackdragon

nice find, JC — you can see the three dudes standing in front of him pretty good, but everything after them is just too blurry. D:

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

andyutd97

Wrestlings Fake. Sorry but someone had to ruin your childhood :/

andyutd97

JusticeColde

andyutd97 wrote:

Wrestlings Fake. Sorry but someone had to ruin your childhood :/

I GET IT!!! WE GET IT!!! EVERYBODY GETS IT!!!
How many times do people have to say this? IWC already told everybody that in '97.

Edited on by JusticeColde

Tecmo Action Bowl 2014 is available now, get you copy today.
Entertainment, turday.
BL Beatmania '15

3DS Friend Code: 5000-5118-3210 | Nintendo Network ID: JusticeColde | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic