Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 7,121 to 7,140 of 7,255

XBontendo

@rallydefault My definition of '"Explorable" is loose, I'll give you that. I think maybe what I mean is freedom. In SMB 1 for example, you had the freedom to travel to various other worlds via pipes (even if that my be considered cheating) 3 allowed you the freedom to often choose which level to tackle next, giving the occasional road block of a locked door or other obstacle before reaching a given level. SMW took 3 to new hights. Where Yoshi's island follows the straight line approach of 2 (which I wasn't a huge fan of there, but the various characters at least left me feeling I had the freedom to choose HOW to approach a given level).

Not to say straight line is bad either. Still a huge fan of OG Ninja Gaiden, Castlevania, you name it. Don't know why I don't care for it here truth be told. Thanks for the back and forth on it, though!

XBox id: owendershot | Switch friend code: I don't remember, these codes are crazy, I'll check later.

iKhan

KoekiieWoekiie wrote:

I think that Nintendo should pay some publishers/studios for their games on the Switch. Even if they are somewhat older games. Some big AAA publishers are still scared/careful to bring their most beloved IP’s to the Switch. And yes this would be then a “exclusive” if possible, with remakes only though, even if it would be a remake/remaster.

YES totally agree

Imagine having a specialized port made of Battlefield Bad Company 2, a great modern shooter on Switch, available on Switch only.

I think it would please many people still looking for a great FPS.
Or re-releases of Need for Speed Underground (2) and Most Wanted or Call of Duty Black Ops or Viewtiful Joe or Borderlands or Cyberpunk 2077 or Goldeneye.

oh...um, not those games. I want Injustice, the Batman Arkham games, Plants vs. Zombies, Nier: Automata, and SoulCalibur VI. Modern western gaming doesn't really appeal to me at all.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

kkslider5552000

It runs Doom. And buying Doom doesn't give EA money.

Clearly, Nintendo is already of whatever you're getting at.

(half-serious response)

NB, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

Chunkboi79

Toad Treasure Tracker is boring af and Tales of Vesperia is a cringefest with boring combat.

Chunkboi79

Anti-Matter

Pretty Princess Magical Coordinate (Switch) is my GOTY 2019, even much much better than any AAA 3rd party OMG Ultra HD Realistic Western games. 😁
VIVA girlie games !! 🤟🤟🤟

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4 (96)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (95)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (91)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

La-weejee

@Anti-Matter wow. I think your the winner of the unpopular opinion.
Where would you put this in your top 6. Would this kick animal crossing out of your top 6. So you didn’t like super Mario Maker 2, astral chain, d x m, luigis mansion 2

Edited on by La-weejee

La-weejee

Anti-Matter

@La-weejee
I do like Super Mario Maker 2, Luigi Mansion 3. They are also on my shopping list.
But, I have no interest at all with Astral chain, Daemon x Machina.

My Top 6 games :

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

La-weejee

@Anti-Matter ok. But Pretty Princess Magical Coordinate (Switch) is not even out. Have you played it. Where do you put it in your top 6.

“even much much better than any AAA 3rd party OMG Ultra HD Realistic Western games.” Which western game are you talking about.

La-weejee

Anti-Matter

@La-weejee
"But Pretty Princess Magical Coordinate (Switch) is not even out."

I have experienced with their games (Nippon Columbia as the developer) on Japanese 3DS. I can tell the quality will be exactly like i have ever played on their other games due to their similarity. Pretty Princess looks like Party game with storyline and customization like Animal Crossing or Disney Magical World 3DS. It was already meet my expectation.

"Which western game are you talking about."

Those rated M / 18+ Western AAA 3rd party games.

My Top 6 games :

jump

La-weejee wrote:

But Pretty Princess Magical Coordinate (Switch) is not even out.

This made me chuckle.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

iKhan

So I've been watching chuggaaconroy's LP for Super Mario Galaxy 2, and I've gotta be honest, I don't think SMG2 gets anywhere close to the heights of 1.

While the level design may be technically better in a vacuum (or maybe it's not, I don't know), Galaxy 1 tries so much harder to make each destination a coherent universe. Galaxy 2 always just feels like it doesn't care much about theming, it just wants to be a fun obstacle course. I far prefer the former.

Hell, I don't think even Odyssey balances good design and good theming as well as Galaxy does. Odyssey has a lot of missions and moons that are too short, or just aren't interesting at all.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

kkslider5552000

My favorite part of the coherent universe of Super Mario Galaxy is when I get a magic star from a comet that makes purple coins appear in a convenient area to collect them. Unless I die because a timer ran out that is not an in-universe timer.

NB, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

iKhan

@kkslider5552000

I'm not saying it feels totally real. Of course there are gamey mechanics, I'm not saying there shouldn't be. I just like that Galaxy's levels often feel like they are more than just a string of objects designed for my platforming pleasure.

NotTelevision

It seems there is a certain kind of tendency for some fans when discussing opinions on recent Nintendo efforts. I’ve criticized aspects of Mario Odyssey and BOTW, but overall I’m willing to weather some of rough patches because I find the innovations really worth it.

It seems like some of these unpopular opinions come down to fans wanting Nintendo to release another Mario 3D World or Ocarina of Time. 10 years from now there will be people waxing nostalgic saying they want another Odyssey or BOTW, so this cycle will continue indefinitely.

I guess I’m getting at a feeling where I’m willing to accept a certain amount of inconsistency and imperfection when it comes to modern game design. Odyssey is far less of a balanced and challenging experience compared to Mario 64, but it was absolutely the right move on Nintendo’s part to keep the series fresh.

Nintendo should by all means drop older games in their franchises on the Eshop for purchase, but I’m not interested in playing a Galaxy 3 or a linear 3D Zelda game. They are totally making the right move by not doing that.

Also not interested in another Mario Kart until next gen, unless they have an interesting idea other than making the graphics slightly better.

NotTelevision

Anti-Matter

I Don't like the soccer vibes from Pokemon Sword / Shield actually (The Gym challenger uniform was clearly looed like soccer uniform). It just disturbing me as an Anti-Mainstream dude that never and will never like soccer in any form. Despite i still enjoy the Pokemon games, but the soccer references still left me very sour taste in my impression. 😒
Just wish soccer was never exist and nobody even thought kicking the ball was a good idea.

My Top 6 games :

BrintaPap

@Anti-Matter Why do you wish soccer would not exist? I understand not liking football but wishing that it would not exist goes a bit far don’t you think?

Also the Switch is a mainstream product so would that mean you are not a “anti-mainstream” guy after all? 😉

BrintaPap

Anti-Matter

@KoekiieWoekiie
Despite of popularity of Nintendo Switch, but here in Indonesia PlayStation machines still the most popular than Nintendo machines.

Switch is still like Anti-Mainstream product for me because here in the world , a lot peoples still use Smartphones for gaming as Mainstream lifestyle by 99 %. Only dedicated gamer will take out Switch in the public as something non mainstream to do. Even my partners (especially male teachers in my school) never ever think about Nintendo gaming. They just only thinking about smartphone games, indicating they are Mainstream audiences. But i am the only teacher who play Nintendo games despite almost nobody in the school (including the students) play Nintendo games. Nintendo is not so popular things in Indonesia, don't even talk about Xbox (Completely DEAD things in Indonesia).

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 6 games :

NotTelevision

@Anti-Matter That’s interesting. I imagine the idea of owning a game console may be sort of new thing in Indonesia. I noticed in Malaysia and Singapore a lot of game stores and merchandise for consoles being sold in the malls. I’m not sure how big of a share consoles have in Indonesia though.

NotTelevision

Anti-Matter

@NotTelevision
Indonesian peoples adore PlayStation too much. Even they keep jailbroken the machines just only for playing FIFA, FIFA, and FIFA (Also that rated 18+ criminal games that has been misused / modded to other popular characters and sold for kids). Even most of the "black market" game stores in Indonesia keep offering the jailbreak and copying pirated games onto PlayStation machines (PS2, PS3 & PS4). The machines are keep being reconditioned, sold again in jailbroken condition over and over again. Sorry if i have to tell, that's the cringiest and the most disgusting things for gaming in Indonesia.

Yeah, i hate my country Indonesia in term of gaming like that. 😔

My Top 6 games :

Snaplocket

I dunno if this is an unpopular opinion but given how well it sold I'm assuming it is an unpopular opinion overall. Pokemon Sword is not worth 60 dollars.

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic