Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 6,221 to 6,240 of 12,088

NEStalgia

@Trajan BotW opens with a brief reanimation scene, an intriguing challenging world, and puzzles to solve before opening into a vast, beautiful world of exploration.

MGSV opens with over an hour long walking crawling/limping simulator running from a giant fire demon and helpless against horror-ish soldiers in bad scripted sequences before a bad scripted highway chase, before dumping you in an empty desert (with missions!)

One of these games has no story. The other would have been better off without trying to have one.

NEStalgia

Trajan

@NEStalgia I disagree completely.

MGSV also has a world that's fun to goof off in like GTA. BOTW just has a few different enemy types in little camps (similar to guard stations) but the enemies never really change or do anything different.

The puzzles in BOTW get really repetitive too. I ruined my replayability of the game after going back and finding and completing the 30-some shrines I didn't do before beating the game.

MGS stories never really make any sense, but I love the whole 80's Afghanistan and Angolian civil war thing. I do wish they could have thrown in Rhodesia.

Edited on by Trajan

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

NEStalgia

@Trajan " like GTA" Oh...that explains why I hate it Can't stand GTA. Never "got it."

NEStalgia

Ryu_Niiyama

The Mass Effect dialogue wheel was a terrible idea and made wRPGs worse from a role playing standpoint.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama How could going from a list of possible sentence-long options down to "Me good", "Me so bad", and "I'm neutral like Belgium!" leading to the responses of "Rescue puppy from burning dumpster", "Shoot puppy in burning dumpster once in the tail to ensure he suffers before impaling him with the blunt end of a rifle", and "Insult puppy in dumpster then cleanly shoot him" possibly be a bad idea?

NEStalgia

Ryu_Niiyama

@NEStalgia aww don't make me laugh, I'm in a meeting. Besides one of those should be "accidentally romance the puppy."

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama
-The puppy looks at you with terror in his eyes.
[Dialog wheel]
(A: "Hold on little guy...." _ B: "You shouldn't suffer more...." _ C: "^Examine dumpster")

[Actual responses after selecting one]
A: "EVERYONE SHUT DOWN THE MISSION THERE'S A PUPPY TO RESCUE! BRING IN AIR SUPPORT! DOG DOWN! DOG DOWN! EVAC EVAAAC!!"

B: Shepard shoots puppy in burning dumpster once in the tail to ensure he suffers before impaling him with the blunt end of rifle. "...and don't get in my way again......" then strolls away in slow exaggerated motion like a Michael Bay film villain.

C: Shepard glares in that creepy male Shepard glare "How YOU doin'?"

NEStalgia

Doger

Skyward Sword is an awesome game and gen 5 is quite possibly the weakest gen in the franchise

This post was made by the PlantGang

SuperMushHill

there's no such thing as a bad mainline pokemon game (including lets go) and for the most part, the sonic trailer looks decent E X C E P T for the design.

SuperMushHill

Switch Friend Code: SW-5550-3190-0157

Ralizah

NEStalgia wrote:

C: Shepard glares in that creepy male Shepard glare

I can't relate to this. I only ever played Fem Shep. Hardened, cynical, but not without a moral compass lesbian Fem Shep.

Anyway, dialogue options that don't resemble what actually comes out of your character's mouth are one of my Western game bugbears. Thankfully, if you play on PC, a lot of these games have mods that replace the unrepresentative snippets with some of the ACTUAL dialogue.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Anti-Matter

It's okay for grown up men to play Girlie games like Cooking Mama, Style Savvy, Fashion games, Para Para Paradise, Akogare Girls Collection 3DS, Petz, Imagine series, etc. 🤓

Anti-Matter

Matthew010

This is kind of gaming related I suppose.
I think that the Sonic Movie looks good. Not great, not bad, but good.
Don't worry, I'm prepared for all the backlash I'm probably about to receive.

Matthew010

Doger

Smash bros online is a flawed system that favours stall tetics over actual skill, pokemon US/UM is possibly the best in the series, and the only things keeping the detective pikachu movie afloat is ryan reynolds, pikachu saying damn, and snorlax being shaped like a friend.
(this is very good at relieving anger

This post was made by the PlantGang

TheAwesomeBowser

@Matthew010 This is absolutely not funny, delete this now or my lawyer will be in contact. 😛

@Doger Did Pikachu really say that? Insert image of Mr Krabs squinting his eyes here

Nintendo has no right taking down passionate fan projects. Fight me.

Own up to Joy-Con Drift, Nintendo. We all know it's your fault

FullbringIchigo

unpopular opinions: The Witcher 3 isn't that good

i love RPG's but i just found the story boring, the characters unlikable and the combat clunky

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Laoak

My opinion: I'm right, you're wrong, debate over.

{funny quote here}

Ralizah

PBandSmelly wrote:

The N64 has less good games than the WiiU
NES/Gameboy games can give hours of fun if you just try it.
The 3DS is HIGHLY underrated, as well as the GBA
The dual Joycons feel comfy
Switch Tax for games like Doom and Skyrim make sense since they are console games on the go.

I (mostly) agree with these. Especially about dual joycons, which is my preferred way of playing Switch games.

In light of that, you're forgiven for your opinion on Xenoblade 2.

On Doom and Skyrim, while I do feel portability makes them more valuable to me, I think it also makes sense due to the newness of these versions in addition to cartridge costs.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic