Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 6,201 to 6,220 of 12,088

Venus_Adept

I hate first person shooters, all of them. Just put one in front of me and you will se my eyes turning red in matter of seconds.

Venus_Adept

iLikeUrAttitude

Sun and Moon are the worst pokemon games

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Anti-Matter

Dance Dance Revolution is still relevant until today, even a lot of peoples have move on from DDR.

Anti-Matter

R_Champ

@Sintown

Awwww snap. You went after Undertale. The internet will hunt you down.

Not me though, I haven't even played it because I didn't love Earthbound and figured Undertale wasn't for me. I may give it a try someday, but lately 90% of the games I've played that I figured I wouldn't like...I didn't like (coughDarkSoulscough)

My contribution to this thread:
I think Skyward Sword is WAY better than Majora's Mask. Better Dungeons (Gawd, so much better), better music, better character development, better sidekick (Tatl sucks. Midna is better than Fi though, I'm not crazy), better villain (Ghirahim is so much better than Skullkid), equal atmosphere (in different ways), motion controls are far less annoying than the time mechanic (lemme go claim my rupees for the millionth time), better boss battles, and better contribution to the lore (convoluted as it is). Majora's Mask's sidequests are pretty stellar though...too bad 3/4 of the masks you only use once...

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

Sintown

@R_Champ Hah, let them come i'll be ready! Also yeah Ghirahim is a sick ass villain.

And now i will contribute again:
Geno isn't needed in Smash, seeing him would be a huge disappointment for me after seeing Joker getting in.

Sintown

-Green-

I’ve noticed something that’s always confused me and I’m not entirely sure if it’s an unpopular observation. But basically every video game community (or any large community in general) that I’ve been a part of have always had ‘toxic’ components or are very similar in those aspects.

To put it simply, I always see people say this community is toxic because this or that. It’s stupid, pseudo-intellectual or an echo chamber, but then every time I think about it, I’m like yeah. That part is, but that’s to be expected for basically any large community to have that. Now that doesn’t excuse it or justify it in any way, but it always feels like a somewhat pointless observation to make sometimes. There are exceptions though, like in most general statements. So basically my current opinion is that every large video game community has a toxic aspect or can be seen as toxic. But that shouldn’t always define a community

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

iKhan

@R_Champ I'm still working through Majora's Mask, but really the biggest issue with the dungeons in Majora's Mask is the time mechanic. Getting all the stray fairies while also completing the dungeon in time can be challenging, and I don't get to really sit down and enjoy the dungeon. This is made worse by the fact that you have to get it all in one sitting.

I literally had to leave my gamecube running when I had to leave for a bit, and by the end I was just so exhausted and tired of the dungeon that I looked up a guide. That's not the experience you want your players having.

The time mechanic is simultaneously brilliant and absolutely miserable because it's combined with saving.

With that said, I don't remember ever getting stuck in any of Skyward Sword's dungeons. I found most of them remarkably easy, and frankly, a bit lacking in the atmospheric diversity Twilight Princess had. Skykeep was my favorite because it was the only one that was non-linear and had some level of backtracking involved in progression. All of SS's dungeons were straight lines, so they felt closer to a string of puzzles than an actual dungeon. Interestingly enough I found Skyward Sword's overworld areas to be better dungeons than the dungeons themselves.

I'm very mixed about Skyward Sword's characters. Yes, the main cast of Zelda, Groose, Ghirahim, and Impa are great. But that's it. Among all the other NPCs in the game, the only other one that becomes remotely interesting is the Skipper robot, who is self aware of his own demise, and has an interesting level of self reflection. Everyone else is just happy-go-lucky goofy, which is kind of boring when they are asking me to do main quests and side quests. Even Breath of the Wild, which isn't known for it's story, has more memorable sidequest stories. Majora's Mask is really the polar opposite on this front, because almost every character has a dark backstory that affects me as the player.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Eel

I unironically like playing as Big the cat in Sonic Adventure.

Just went through his campaign in SA again for the first time in a long time, and was mostly disappointed by how short it was. Like, 30 minutes tops.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Buizel

Morpheel wrote:

I unironically like playing as Big the cat in Sonic Adventure.

This is an opinion I will never understand.

On the topic of Sonic - I don't think the Sonic movie looks any worse than Detective Pikachu.

At least 2'8".

NintendoFan4Ever

All consoles that are not made by Nintendo are overrated. Also 90% of games not made by Nintendo are overrated.

Edited on by NintendoFan4Ever

NintendoFan4Ever

PCkid

The Nintendo Switch is not as great as I thought.
I admit that I was almost an "extremist" in my circle of friends.
I explained that the Switch was the best system ever with a lot of great exclusive titles and an awesome catalogue.

Today, I go back on Earth and I realize that I was too excited about the Switch.
In hindsight, I can say that the Switch disappoints me after more than 2 years of existence.

PCkid

Anti-Matter

Meanwhile, PS4 is still a Big disappointment for me.
I have sold some of my PS4 games, exchanged them with Switch version.
Now, it just only TWO PS4 games in my shelf. (Portal Knights and The Sims 4)

Anti-Matter

MysticGengar

I like the sonic movie so far. Nuff said.

Nice >:]

I do stupid stuff on youtube.com/mysticbros, so check it out if your bored or whatever.
Or don't, it's your time after all.

NEStalgia

@MysticGengar Your post has been reported for inappropriate content. that's not unpopular, that's offensive and hurtful.

@PCkid I still think it's an amazing system, but I see your point, the nature of the mobile hardware ages quickly, unfortunately, and Nintendo's long silences in their release schedules tend to suck some of the momentum and excitement out of the room. Meanwhile PS4 and especially X1 really stepped up their game and developed into interesting platforms while previously it was like an endless condinuation of lackluster PS360. Though I do think Switch will enter it's resurgence period. All Nintendo consoles do. I think it's starting already.

@Sintown FINALLY Someone that agrees on Undertale!!!!!!!!

NEStalgia

1UP_MARIO

I love my Wii U. I love the system

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Trajan

I'm starting to think that BOTW is basically Zelda MGSV. But without missions.

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

Shellcore

Nintendo should release and develop games on other consoles as well as maintaining their grasp on the handheld sector. Keep the Switch and whatever comes next (handheld/hybrid) but bring their big properties to the more powerful systems. That Zelda spaceworld demo sure looks old nowadays, but bought up to current standards, a new Zelda developed on the next gen systems would be amazing!

Krull

AlohaPizzaJack wrote:

I’m not at all interested in Super Mario Maker.

This is me. I'm glad others have the creativity, concentration and skill to produce amazing software, but I prefer to play games, not make inferior versions of them myself.

I'm playing Undertale at the moment. The puzzles are rather too simple and I don't particularly enjoy the bullet hell battle system, at all, but the writing redeems it to some extent. On balance, I like it.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic