Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 4,321 to 4,340 of 12,102

Rumorlife

That doesn't really erase my point but okay.

Rumorlife

jump

Dankykong wrote:

That doesn't really erase my point but okay.

I diagree as you only made a observational comment rather than a constructive point

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

DefHalan

@CM30: Until it becomes your job. Then small glitches in games piss you off lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Rumorlife

LOL Suddenly everyones like I NEED THAT FIRST PRINT. I NEED IT. I CANT HAVE NO REPRINT. Ever since the blowout about Pikmin 3 being valuable and rare has it been a bigger commotion over first prints. Calm down especially if you're not ordering a special edition.

Edited on by Rumorlife

Rumorlife

RR529

I think the used games market is just fine (it seems like a lot of people look down upon it nowadays).

Of course, I still buy games new when I get the chance, but I don't feel bad when I jump on a good used deal either.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

jump

I have nothing against people buying 2nd hand but I always try to buy games new just to support the games I like and want to see more of, every used copy sold is a new copy not bought.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Rumorlife

I miss rally car shooter style games. Vigilante 8, Cel Damage, Twisted Metal, Roadkill, etc but that's not a popular genre right now at all. I crave for those to all have online. I think TM did eh? But it didn't last long. The rerelease of Cel Damage seems pointless. The cel shaded style being HD is just as special as Winder Waker being in HD, you barely notice. I wish it had online, that one is like Mario Kart battle mode. Also why the hell did Japan get V8 on their PSN but nobody else did? The 2 games must have been popular enough in North America because it was the only region to get all the versions of the game. Straaaaange. The PSN is sometimes more mysterious than the Virtual Console ever is.

Rumorlife

Whydoievenbother

Skyward Sword's motion controls were pretty one-to-one. The problem was that players need to sit down for a while to play the game, which can make a player really tired by the end of the play session.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

DefHalan

CreamyDream wrote:

RR529 wrote:

I think the used games market is just fine (it seems like a lot of people look down upon it nowadays).

Really? I never knew people had an issue with used games. That's somewhat ridiculous...

I get that the money spent on used games doesn't go to the devs or publishers of the actual game, but like cmon... It's just a natural and inherent result of physical copies of anything ever existing.

Are we supposed to toss away our old games? Or better yet, throw them in a safe and hide them away forever?

What are people gonna take issue with next?

I swear, people just want to create conflict.

If selling a product was your main source of income and people were buying used versions of your product without giving you a cut, I think most people would be upset about that.

Rumorlife

@CreamyDream:
Yeah I thought the same about Cel Damage, just to put it back out there. But it would have been great if there was online. I think it could have shined brighter than it did. I also have the GCN version, I was so bummed it skipped the WiiU for rerelease even in download form. Buuut the gamepad probably would have just been a map, not that I really care about that. Replaying it on a Nintendo system again would have been swell.

Lol also in response to the "hating on used game sales" yeah people really hate it sometimes. Because by buying a used game, you're technically not adding to the sales numbers of a game, nor are you usually giving your sales dollars to the developers, it usually goes to the store you got it from and no where else. Buying Nintendo new gives money to Nintendo, buying used Nintendo gives money to GameStop. Which people also hate the price gouging GS and other used stores usually stab people with if they deem the game valuable or rare. So the thought is you're not only not actually supporting Nintendo (or your choice company), but you're supporting the evil used game stores, all because "you're too cheap" to spend the extra to get the new copy.

Rumorlife

DefHalan

I would love for Cel Damage to release on Wii U. Loved that game when I had it on Xbox.

Rumorlife

@DefHalan: I have that Fox McCloud toy in your dp. I got it from a Toys R Us outlet. I always wanted to say that but there's never been a not-weird opportunity.

CreamyDream wrote:

If companies are legitimately concerned with it the money they "lose" because of used games, they should move to strictly digital only.

Which they are.

Edited on by Rumorlife

Rumorlife

DefHalan

CreamyDream wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

If selling a product was your main source of income and people were buying used versions of your product without giving you a cut, I think most people would be upset about that.

They shouldn't be upset, is my point.

Say, you're a small-time indie dev who really needs to turn a profit. You're probably not even gonna print physical copies of your game to begin with. You're most likely gonna make it a download-only game like most small-time indie devs do. No damage done.

Now lets say you're a large studio and you're printing out copies for your latest game. People most likely won't be able to find a used copy for like about a solid couple weeks. So for a solid amount of time, the only way your game is available to people is through new copies. Then after that, naturally, used copies start coming around, but they're much smaller in quantity until months and months later; which at that point isn't really all that detrimental to the developers.

If companies are legitimately concerned with it the money they "lose" because of used games, they should move to strictly digital only.

I use to work at Game Crazy, we would have used copies of new games within a week. I have also had issues where new copies of games just aren't in stock, only used games. GameStop was even opening Xenoblade Chronicles cases just so they could sell as used to make more of a profit. Moving to strictly digital is cutting out a large portion of your audience. There are still people who don't know you can download games or only buy physical games, just look at the backlash at the My Nintendo stuff.

I am not saying people that buy used are bad, I just completely understand why companies don't like it.

DefHalan

Dankykong wrote:

I have that Fox McCloud toy in your dp. I got it from a Toys R Us outlet. I always wanted to say that but there's never been a not-weird opportunity.

It isn't weird lol. I have one of those on my desk too, bought him at Toys R Us also.

Rumorlife

@CreamyDream: Lol that's exactly it. Fans who are fanning too hard. Okaaaaay 3D World has 6 million units sold I don't think a few used copies are going to kill anyone. If the game didn't sell much anyway, and you buy a new copy instead of a used one, it's not like one or two people will have suddenly swayed the original dev to make another game in the series or something. So these peoples logic is really flawed.

Edited on by Rumorlife

Rumorlife

DefHalan

CreamyDream wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

GameStop was even opening Xenoblade Chronicles cases just so they could sell as used to make more of a profit.

Well, THIS is legitimately poopy, but that isn't the consumer's fault, and even then, you can never stop everyone from being tools.

Piracy and stuff like this will never go away, it's just like a thing that you have to accept exists.

Not sure if you read my whole comment. Here is the last bit again

DefHalan wrote:

I am not saying people that buy used are bad, I just completely understand why companies don't like it.

Edited on by LzWinky

jump

Dankykong wrote:

Lol that's exactly it. Fans who are fanning too hard. Okaaaaay 3D World has 6 million units sold I don't think a few used copies are going to kill anyone. If the game didn't sell much anyway, and you buy a new copy instead of a used one, it's not like one or two people will have suddenly swayed the original dev to make another game in the series or something. So these peoples logic is really flawed.

On the same basis then there's no point in voting since a single vote doesn't matter but at the end of the day there's nothing wrong contributing and voting with your wallet is far more effective in business than tweets, petitions and all the other things people do to demand games.

Nicolai wrote:

Whydoievenbother

I not only am okay with used games, I support them. Most big video games publishers try to end used games because they want all of the power of the free market system that america provides, but none of the responsibility. They constantly exploit the cr*p out of the system, after all.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic