Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 4,301 to 4,320 of 12,219

Grumblevolcano

@MrMario02: I'd argue in some respects Nintendo fans don't expect enough from Nintendo. In this day and age, cross-buy should be mandatory for example.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Whydoievenbother

@CreamyDream: These don't apply to every Nintendo fans. And I only do those things sometimes. To prove it:
1. Although Amiibo are not as much as on-disc DLC in that they can be used for multiple games, they're still pretty big scams.
2. I refuse to buy Metroid Prime: Federation Force because it's not Metroid. It's a generic FPS with the Metroid brand slapped across it.
3. The idea of a "Hybrid" console NX wouldn't work. Also why would Nintendo make an incredibly risky gamble after their last console did poorly?

P.S. Did you seriously say "Yo"? It's 2016, not 1986.

Edited on by Whydoievenbother

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Whydoievenbother

@DarthNocturnal I thought that a Hybrid Console would unify the market too, but the more I thought about it, the less appealing it sounded. If the NX is a hybrid, it would mean that there would be some fans who prefer the handheld convenience, and others who prefer the features of the home console. Both sides would demand games be made more to tailor to their preferred portion of the console and the fanboy wars would be never ending (at least until the next console comes out).

Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

LzWinky

MrMario02 wrote:

1. Although Amiibo are not as much as on-disc DLC in that they can be used for multiple games, they're still pretty big scams.

Aren't most toys "scams" by the offenders' logic?

MrMario02 wrote:

2. I refuse to buy Metroid Prime: Federation Force because it's not Metroid. It's a generic FPS with the Metroid brand slapped across it.

So you played it? How good are the controls?

MrMario02 wrote:

3. The idea of a "Hybrid" console NX wouldn't work. Also why would Nintendo make an incredibly risky gamble after their last console did poorly?

...why not? You have yet to prove anything here aside from making a lot of conjecture.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Rumorlife

People keep complaining that the virtual console games are backwards, GBA on the TV, SNES/NES on the handheld. LOLOL Back in the day people begged for it to be reversible. Irl and online. During the N64 gen there was no Gameboy player and even during the GCN era I swear out of all the people I knew I was the only one who had the GB Player for my GameCube, so it's funny how they kind of just did what a lot of people wanted in their childhoods but now people are like YUCK. Also I think the Gamepad is a great substitute. It's like a huge GBA.
I wonder why they never did it for the N64 but they had the SNES & GCN Gameboy Players. I guess we sort of got a "DS Player" with the WiiU having DS VC but maybe the NX can do a REAL separate buyable player haha jk they would rather sell us the games individually again for tiny weird prices.

Edited on by Rumorlife

Rumorlife

DefHalan

@Dankykong: I think most of the complaints are about how GBA/DS isn't on handheld VC. They were originally on handheld, why aren't the VC versions on handheld?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Rumorlife

I've seen plenty of whining that the GBA games are too large for the WiiU and even the Gamepad.
My point wasn't that they were removed from their original platforms, just that the reversal is something people wanted big time at one point and we got it now, and now people don't want it supposedly. Imo, it's only a tiny bit awkward it's not on both platforms. It's weird a handheld game isn't on a true mobile handheld. But otherwise it feels like a SNES Advanced game if it's on the TV, or just a large GBA for the gamepad.

The only VC that's bad imo is the DS vc. I'll probably never end up getting a DS game on my WiiU cause they're all awkward right now and I'd rather have the screens set up normally and put together like the (3)DS. They must have no plan on releases any Mario & Luigi GBA game to WiiU because I have no idea how those "turn the DS sideways" and hold it like a book would work unless you had the whole game on one screen, but having the dual screen option wouldn't work well, you'd be holding half of Mario's face and half on the TV, both sideways.

Rumorlife

Rumorlife

Too many DS games had both screens cooperating with one another, I think the ones where the bottom screen was just a menu or not used in conjecture with the top screen so much would be better. More DS games that work like Wind Waker HD. The WiiU doesn't use the 2nd screen like the DS did most of the time, so it's not working out the same. As of now anyway.
I mean I'm sure someone likes it, and I'm sure there's probably a good DS game for the WiiU but none of the titles are something I want at this point.

On a side opinion, which may or may not be unpopular, but I wish those Giana Sisters games didn't have such terrible boxarts. The original Great Giana Sisters box for Commodore 64 is retro goodness but after that it looks like trashy shovelware. The WiiU game actually looks really fun for a 2D based platformer. The DS game box, I remember seeing it and thinking it was shovelware but it got good ratings, and the WiiU game even better ratings. Maybe I'll have to download the WiiU game or hunt down a rare physical version.

Edited on by Rumorlife

Rumorlife

Whydoievenbother

Mario Kart has some of the worst naming conventions in gaming:
1. Super Mario Kart (Named after console)
2. Mario Kart 64 (Named after console)
3. Mario Kart: Super Circuit (Original subtitle)
4. Mario Kart: Double Dash (Original subtitle)
5. Mario Kart DS (Named after console again)
6. Mario Kart Wii (Named after console again)
7. Mario Kart 7 (The number of the game)
8. Mario Kart 8 (The number of the game)

Light Yagami, Death Note
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

jump

^I wouldn't say Super Mario Kart is named after the Snes, I thought it was meant to be tied into Super Mario Bros.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Sticker

I love Mario is Missing. Hopefully Nintendo will rerelease for the N3DS SNES VC.

"PlatinumGamer" wrote:

Is Nintendo Life even that good of a fourm anyways?

"Sparks" wrote:

prolly full of 6 year olds tbh

Nintendo Network ID: Senpai900900

LzWinky

No, they shouldn't. They could just make new 2D games rather than wasting their resources

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Freeon-Leon

MrMario02 wrote:

Ikr? It's not like they've done it before and sold 100 million consoles.

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

Sticker

TingLz wrote:

No, they shouldn't. They could just make new 2D games rather than wasting their resources

Or they could rerelease for the Wii U Virtual Console.

"PlatinumGamer" wrote:

Is Nintendo Life even that good of a fourm anyways?

"Sparks" wrote:

prolly full of 6 year olds tbh

Nintendo Network ID: Senpai900900

Freeon-Leon

Sticker wrote:

TingLz wrote:

Or they could rerelease for the Wii U Virtual Console.

No, please. Just let's forget about those games, ok?

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

Rumorlife

I can't wait for the NX to NOT be a hybrid so people on these kinds of forums get a huge slap to the face for taking off on a rumor again. "BUT WE SAW THE CONTROLLER" the prototype, the one where they filed a patent and we still don't know if that's the actual controller. They're refiled the NES controller patent a handful of times, I guess that means the NES controller will work with the NX. Obviously, if you put the two together like everyone here does, that makes sense. Also if you consider all the other things they "NEED" to do based on the random sales figures you either guess yourself based on what others are saying on here, or what you pull off Wikipedia, I guess people have figured out the NX is a hybrid of an XB1 with a 3DS minus the 3D, because we deserve that. It'll have all the games and Ubisoft support.

Edited on by Rumorlife

Rumorlife

Whydoievenbother

@arronishere: Oh. In that case, the naming conventions are worse than I thought.

Light Yagami, Death Note
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Rumorlife

I still think about what it would have been like if they kept the codename Dolphin for GameCube. "Ugh I loved those Dolphin games" "Mario Party 4 was on the Dolphin" "The Dolphin sold better than the WiiU"
Oh.
Revolution or w/e for Wii sounded kinda cool though.

arronishere wrote:

^I wouldn't say Super Mario Kart is named after the Snes, I thought it was meant to be tied into Super Mario Bros.

You always just disagree to disagree.

Edited on by Rumorlife

Rumorlife

Rumorlife

arronishere wrote:

Dankykong wrote:

arronishere wrote:

You always just disagree to disagree.

I don't agree with that.

Well you'd be the only one.

Rumorlife

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic