Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 3,441 to 3,460 of 12,088

Whydoievenbother

@LztheQuack If your referring to the prices of VC, I agree. $5 is not that expensive for a digital copy of a game.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Shinion

@MrMario02: well tbf if you'd have said to someone even as recently as 5 years ago that one of the biggest games publishers would reboot the Star Wars Battlefront franchise a month before the first of a new trilogy of Star Wars films hits the cinema, but then said that you'd have to pay £100+ to get the full experience or be missing out on heroes, maps and more related to the new film, that someone would have said "no chance companies would get that greedy" yet here we are. Oh and that's not even mentioning that this game is one of very, very few AAA games that doesn't exploit the physiologically manipulative concept of micro-transactions in a full price game.

So yeah, good on you guys for complaining about these scumbag companies, I'm happy to say I'm on their side here.

Shinion

Whydoievenbother

@TheLastLugia: I'm not apposed to calling out shady business practices. I'm apposed to pretending that the shady practices are somehow "new". When people complain about ridiculous game prices, people should at least remember that they were more back then. When people complain about the oversaturation of FPS and MOBAs, people should at least remember the oversaturation of platformers and fighters. When people complain about how some games are using microtransactions to exploit minds, people should remember all of the arcade games that tried to suck the quarters out of the player. Etc. Etc.

Edited on by Whydoievenbother

Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

AceDefective

MrMario02 wrote:

@TheLastLugia: I'm not apposed to calling out shady business practices. I'm apposed to pretending that the shady practices are somehow "new". When people complain about ridiculous game prices, people should at least remember that they were more back then. When people complain about the oversaturation of FPS and MOBAs, people should at least remember the oversaturation of platformers and fighters. When people complain about how some games are using microtransactions to exploit minds, people should remember all of the arcade games that tried to suck the quarters out of the player. Etc. Etc.

People have the memory of a goldfish, I slightly disagree with you on the arcade thing (I can think of few games that used credits for anything more than continues) but its still manipulation albeit in a more honest scum-baggy way (can you say "dip-switches"?).

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

Whydoievenbother

The Playstation Move (as a controller)is better than the Wii Remote. It's just a shame that there weren't many games for the controller.

Edited on by Whydoievenbother

Light Yagami, Death Note
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Heat-Signature

I like how Amiibo is used, instead of one single game, it's used in many different games

Someone is watching you,and they will always be watching you.

Socar

So the recent news about SEGA's losses being more than before has me excited.... I smell bankruptcy....ohhhh this is exciting news! SEGA is almost getting finished.... I hope they go bankrupt and I wish them to go bankrupt.

Oh please please.....end SEGA's life business.....pretty please?

If anyone is wondering how this is an unpopular opinion, third parties like SEGA should literally go out of business because when that happens, many other third parties will realize that hard work is the only way to earn hard profit, simple as that.

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

jump

Artwark wrote:

So the recent news about SEGA's losses being more than before has me excited.... I smell bankruptcy....ohhhh this is exciting news! SEGA is almost getting finished.... I hope they go bankrupt and I wish them to go bankrupt.

If anyone is wondering how this is an unpopular opinion, third parties like SEGA should literally go out of business because when that happens, many other third parties will realize that hard work is the only way to earn hard profit, simple as that.

No, people think it's an unpopular because people don't like seeing hard working employees lose their jobs over fanboy rubbish.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

CaviarMeths

Artwark wrote:

It has already been explained to you very plainly by multiple people why this is a crappy way of thinking. That you regardless persist in this shallow, vain, petty point of view convinces me that you are simply a crappy person.

May you never acquire gainful employment and your would-be coworkers spared your conceit.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Shinion

@Artwark: I lost a lot of my respect for Sega a while ago, but I'd never go that far, probably even for Konami/EA/Ubisoft (though the impossibility of those companies facing financial difficulties does appeal to the more evil side of me I'll be honest). They deserve another chance, and if anything is going to sort out the s***** 3rd parties it won't be the closure of Sega but rather a whole-scale decrease in sales for all their biggest games, I'll agree that SOMETHING needs to happen to make things better but what you're championing in very cruel.

Shinion

jump

Also Sega haven't actually made any losses, they have reduced the expected amount of profit they are making, they are still in the black.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Socar

@SpookyMeths: @TheLastLugia: @arronishere: Hard working people that argue with companies and take their own decisions that can make the company better? Or people who just do what they are told to do just for money?

If you truly value the people losing their jobs, then surely you will also value their opinions that they try to give to companies they work for. Because their talent matters, they should decide whether to work with such companies or not. Its not like there's no choice because there is a choice especially when working in Japan. I can understand that if there's a country that has little hope that you have no choice but to do something that you don't like and move elsewhere where you do what you want to do, but this is Japan we are talking about here. There is always opportunity there and there always will be. Now if it was something like tsunami, then yes that's to be something sad here, but losing a job? Are you kidding me? That's to be sad because of the fact that its the companies fault and not them?

If the companies like SEGA go bankrupt, then others will learn from these devs and not do the same thing thus giving employees a better future than now. How can you not realize this is beyond me.

I'm a trainee right now and I've made the decision to put up with whatever the company that I'm working with has to do for me. I've walked through floods, waited for buses, been through night shifts and morning shifts and mostly, have given countless warnings that whatever they are doing isn't working and they need to listen to employees instead of doing it their way. But they didn't and already the quality that they are delivering is just shallow.

An employee of mine who I work with has constantly complained that he needs art resources to deliver quality art and while the company hasn't done so, it doesn't cost a lot like how it would for an average programmer. The fact that resources can't be gathered from a company is something clearly abysmal and the only way for these people who run a business learn from all of their mistakes is for them to face bankruptcy.

You know? If you're gonna curse me and say that I shouldn't get a job or shouldn't even form my own company, I'd say that's a rude thing compared to what I've said. Reality is harsh as it is, so why make it even more harsh for just some opinion that isn't controlling your life whatsoever.

Aviator

Artwark wrote:

I can understand that if there's a country that has little hope that you have no choice but to do something that you don't like and move elsewhere where you do what you want to do, but this is Japan we are talking about here. There is always opportunity there and there always will be.

Yeah, okay. Let’s do some research first buddy.

Artwark wrote:

Now if it was something like tsunami, then yes that's to be something sad here, but losing a job? Are you kidding me? That's to be sad because of the fact that its the companies fault and not them?

Yeah it’s not sad that hundreds/thousands will become unemployed, most likely a lot of those will have families that need support. Not sad that some kids will go hungry, or more likely parents will go hungry cause they’ll do anything to give their kids the best opportunities possible. Sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture. Grudges aside, there is a hell of a lot more to SEGA than pleasing you.

Artwark wrote:

If the companies like SEGA go bankrupt, then others will learn from these devs and not do the same thing thus giving employees a better future than now. How can you not realize this is beyond me.

There are other learning opportunities than seeing someone go bankrupt. How can you not realise this is beyond me.

Artwark wrote:

I'm a trainee right now and I've made the decision to put up with whatever the company that I'm working with has to do for me. I've walked through floods, waited for buses, been through night shifts and morning shifts and mostly,

Like a SEGA employee?

Artwark wrote:

have given countless warnings that whatever they are doing isn't working and they need to listen to employees instead of doing it their way. But they didn't and already the quality that they are delivering is just shallow.

Yeah, if you were a trainee under me, and came in with this pre-conceived notion on how to run my company, I’d show you the door pretty fast. As a trainee, you’re there to learn. There may be a reason why they’re doing it the way they are. Have you looked at the companies finances, or other parties that are involved. There’s a lot more to business than what one programmer or artist is doing, and as a trainee, that what you’re there to understand.

Artwark wrote:

An employee of mine who I work with has constantly complained that he needs art resources to deliver quality art and while the company hasn't done so, it doesn't cost a lot like how it would for an average programmer. The fact that resources can't be gathered from a company is something clearly abysmal and the only way for these people who run a business learn from all of their mistakes is for them to face bankruptcy.

Again, there might be reasons for this. Look big picture for once.

Artwark wrote:

You know? If you're gonna curse me and say that I shouldn't get a job or shouldn't even form my own company, I'd say that's a rude thing compared to what I've said. Reality is harsh as it is, so why make it even more harsh for just some opinion that isn't controlling your life whatsoever.

Pot, meet Kettle.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Socar

@Aviator: Please don't tell me you know the situation better than me. I work 70 hrs a week and I do both a morning and night shift. I'm basically giving them warnings and those warnings that I have predicted have happened. The company just started and its barely reached a year for them. Many of the employees are trainees and only a few of them are experienced which is like what about five. And I go through a lot. If I am to lose this job, I lost it not because of my ego, but because of the situation the company is up against.

I don't want to know their financial details but I do know that this isn't getting them anywhere if they refuse to listen. Opinions and listening always matters a lot especially when running a business so while my opinions to them sound harsh, its always a good idea to listen and take consideration.

But not every company wants to listen so the best way for them to realize is to observe things the harsh way.

Edited on by Socar

I-U

Artwark wrote:

@Aviator: I work 70 hrs a day

No, you don't. =]

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

Socar

@I-U: ok so its 70 hrs a week. Still gonna refuse to believe it?

Edited on by Socar

CaviarMeths

Artwark wrote:

I-U: ok so its 70 hrs a week. Still gonna refuse to believe it?

I hope you get fired and it affects your entire family's livelihood. Not just you, but your entire community too. Because I'm a massive jerk like that.

Feel sorry for me.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Socar

@SpookyMeths: wow.....real sarcasm there. And I'm not asking or telling anyone to feel sorry about me, rather, the whole point is that if CEO's don't listen to employees as they should and don't value them as they should, the only way to learn from their mistakes is to take it the harsh way and that's to face bankruptcy.

Aviator

Artwark wrote:

@SpookyMeths: wow.....real sarcasm there. And I'm not asking or telling anyone to feel sorry about me, rather, the whole point is that if CEO's don't listen to employees as they should and don't value them as they should, the only way to learn from their mistakes is to take it the harsh way and that's to face bankruptcy.

So the recent news about [the company Artwark works for] losses being more than before has me excited.... I smell bankruptcy....ohhhh this is exciting news! [the company Artwark works for]is almost getting finished.... I hope they go bankrupt and I wish them to go bankrupt.

Oh please please.....end [the company Artwark works for] life business.....pretty please?

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Socar

@DarthNocturnal: Funny how everyone wants Konami and EA go bankrupt when technically SEGA is sort of like Konami and EA with the only exception being that they don't treat their employees like dirt. They lost Yuji Naka for crying out loud similarly as to how Konami lost Koji Igarashi and Hideo Kojima and how EA lost much more than just one talented guy. All because these devs hurt not only the game industry but also their own employees and getting them bankrupt is good for what logic I ask?

Sooner or later, SEGA will end up like them and it definitely shows how pathetic Sonic is now compared to what he was back then. Overusing one IP instead of using other IP's that are just as valuable as Nintendo's even. Anyways, the comments from this point are getting worse so just end it.

Honestly, if you don't like an opinion, just try to ignore it and be less harsh. Its already bad enough. I've defended Nintendo at times, but you don't see me mocking others just for their own opinions at least, not very often.

EDIT: Ok I'm just gonna say that I'm not gonna rage at SEGA in any forum or comments. Heck I won't even mention that word even on the internet. Just know that they have disappointed the people that supported them and those people gave up supporting THEM a long time ago. And I'm sorry for saying such a harsh thing that they ought to go bankrupt losing thousands of jobs...if not probably millions. But I still stand that companies can't earn easy money but rather hard earned money, simple as that.

Edited on by Socar

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic