Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 3,461 to 3,480 of 12,088

LzWinky

I dunno. Konami seems hell-bent on destroying any reputation it might have had

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AlliMeadow

Artwark wrote:

@DarthNocturnal: Funny how everyone wants Konami and EA go bankrupt when technically SEGA is sort of like Konami and EA with the only exception being that they don't treat their employees like dirt. They lost Yuji Naka for crying out loud similarly as to how Konami lost Koji Igarashi and Hideo Kojima and how EA lost much more than just one talented guy. All because these devs hurt not only the game industry but also their own employees and getting them bankrupt is good for what logic I ask?

I don't venture to the dark side of the internet, but since when does everyone want Konami and EA to go bankrupt? That's disgusting.

Really, you're opinion disgusts me. Why do you want to punish someone for doing wrong, rather than them changing their ways? It's a worrying attitude. From an ethical point of view no one should wish bankruptcy on anyone. If they're really doing bad, you should wish for them to change, not go bankrupt. Them going bankrupt won't make them good, it will just make the bad things they do have less of an effect.

I truly respect your freedom to express your opinions, but I do in no way respect your opinion, and I really don't see what you're trying to achieve by telling people that SEGA should go bankrupt. If you don't have anything to contribute, why do you bother?

AlliMeadow

Nintendo Network ID: Alli-V-Meadow

Shinion

I don't venture to the dark side of the internet, but since when does everyone want Konami and EA to go bankrupt?

[/quote]

Well you obviously didn't read as much about the Konami vs Kojima kafuffle as I did. It wasn't even the 'dark side of the Internet' either, it was pretty much unanimous across game sites, Facebook and Twitter what fate people want of Konami, some even went further than bankruptcy as their wish, though those are the true idiots. And has there been a time when people HAVEN'T hated EA? This year it's been more widespread than in a while, with Need for Speed, Battlefront, Hardline, FIFA 16 all coming in for intense criticism.

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

KO-Cub

@TheLastLugia: Oh, yeah. The Konami Vs. Kojima thing. Yeah, I actually stopped buying anything Konami for now on. Even my Yugioh cards (Proabably sneak in and buy some).

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Whydoievenbother

I wish that instead of companies like EA and Konami going bankrupt, they should get better about all of the bad things they do. We could always use more good game companies.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

NintendoFan64

@MrMario02 That would be nice, but I can't help but fear that it may be too late. Besides, even if they did change their ways, I doubt people would start to like them. The damage has already been done. Anyways, yeah, I hate EA and Konami, but I wouldn't go so far as to want them to go bankrupt (This is mainly because of the idea of a crapton of people losing their jobs.).

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Retro_on_theGo

The GameCube version of Wind Waker is a million times more beautiful than the Wii U version. I was watching DYKGaming's newest episode on Wind Waker and honest to God I really thought half the footage was from the remake until that actually showed footage from it. It has way too much lighting/bloom and the models all look chubby/bulky. Utterly lost the charm of the original game.

Socar

Just beaten Final Fantasy Tactics.....and I'm lost out of words. Even Valkyria Chronicles was more fun than this game despite that game having it own problems.

The first problem is the interface. I can't seem to get use to the selection interface because doing basic things in a capacitive screen make the registry sharp and as such performs actions that you didn't select for.

But the main problem I have is the difficulty curve this game has. The first chapter really wants you to stop playing the game because the enemies are powerful, there's not much way to do some grinding and even when you do, its still difficult to even make your units stronger. To top it off, the stupid friendly AI that you get are ridiculously dumb and don't really help you often except the one in the final boss (Which makes the boss pathetically weak.)

Once you get to chapter 2, the game starts to be balanced and you get access to better classes and you FINALLY get to do some decent grinding. But then the game has these stupid one time save events that don't allow you to go anywhere else but face the next battle which is frustrating and punishing for wrong reasons.

While I understand that there is some merit for having JP, requiring them to do basic things like potions and revives is ridiculous. But they don't matter once you get the white Mage. Speaking of which, counter rate is also another problem, I understand it when attacking, but why have that rate for doing something like revive and removing status effects? Many times I want to bring my unit back but it misses.

The status effects are also another problem as they happen too often and some of them, you'll never know about it unless you do some research about it. Some jobs that are extremely useful is something the game never tells you how to get them like Ninjas and Samurais. Speaking of which, only about ten classes are worth and every other class is useless. And on top of that, you recruit only 4 units with the main one being mandatory.

I'm not a big fan of the CP as I never understood the point of it. Why can't I just cast a spell directly like an attack? Why the waiting game? It doesn't do a lot and even then, it only makes the game's balance easier since you can't directly cast it. But the annoying thing about it is if the unit goes out of range, then that spell is useless and it won't cast, something really annoying and this goes for using Jump on Dragoons as well.

Lastly, the story. Some say the the War of Lions is better translated, but honestly, I can't figure out what the hell is going on. All I know is kill, kill, kill and ice it with some drama. I seriously don't know whether I should praise the visuals because it tries to be serious but in the end, it just looks chibi and I can't take their looks seriously. Not much of charm in the music department either.

The game in my unpopular opinion overall is bland. But atleast one good thing about the game is trying out various jobs. But that's just about it.

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

GamecubeMan

@Retro_on_theGo: The original art style has aged amazingly. Probably because of the simplistic cell shaded design. Personally, I think both the remake and the original look great and cant really decide which one looks better graphically.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

MuchoMochi

Probably going to get chastised for this since I know some of you lovely people are PS2 and Vita owners.... Persona 4 is, in my opinion, one JRPG I find a bit overly-recommended by the online community. I love so many aspects of this game, the life SIM and relationship growth is charming and a delight. The combat system (for the most part) adds a little bit to turn based combat to keep you invested. The soundtrack, the town, the characters, the story are all fantastic aspects, but the dungeons are some of the most bland, boring, and repetitive things I've seen. When surrounded by such stylistic and interesting concepts in story and inspiration, it really makes the negative stand out.

If you strip the gems and jewels of this game it is a painfully average dungeon crawler. Everything else about the game is so amazing it makes it forgivable and it is still playable and enjoyable, and hell I'd probably still put it in my top 15 JRPG's, but I refuse to believe anyone who says that combat and the dungeons are exciting. It's one of those games that works quite well as an experience and a story, but the persona fusion I feel is less intuitive then say SMT IV and doesn't ft in the the game as well. What's the point of having your own respective revealed persona in such emotional moments if you just try to use new ones? It's languidly paced and feels claustrophobic at times too. Such a strange experience for me because it was constant highs and lows for different moments.

That being said I'm looking forward to Persona 5 and hope that they clear up some of the issues I had with it.

Edited on by MuchoMochi

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6767-5334

Ralizah

@MuchoMochi: No, I totally agree. I love P4 to death, but interesting dungeon design is not among its otherwise long list of virtues.

At least the P4 dungeons are more interesting than Tartarus, though.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Smoo

I love the Wii U Gamepad

Smoo

Megas75

@MuchoMochi: Can't argue with that. P4 is one of my favorite games of all time, but the dungeons are easily the weakest part of the game

Steam/NNID/Xbox Gamertag - Megas75

Rumorlife

I do not like Minecraft. I don't care that this oversold junk is coming to the WiiU. Yuck at Nintendo probably throwing money at this to make it happen. Yuck at Majong/Microsoft/whoever for crossing party lines. I think I enjoy the WiiU as the underdog instead of getting major games like this. Plus it feels waaaay too late. It'll likely crash and burn in terms of massive sales because it's too damn late!

Ralizah wrote:

At least the P4 dungeons are more interesting than Tartarus, though.

That's really sad because aside from the music and enemy design, which you can't even see until you're in the battle, the dungeons are empty and boring. At a point I just would rush past to harder enemies for level grinding, skipping most treasure chests, even gold ones, because it wasn't worth the effort either.

Rumorlife

CaviarMeths

@MuchoMochi Yeah I agree with Relizah and Megas75. I love P4G. It's one of my favorite games of all time. But the dungeons are bland incarnate. Hopefully P5 fixes this.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Socar

I hate how many gamers want Nintendo to go third party and relase their games on PC. What's the point of expecting something that isn't likely to happen even if Nintendo went bankrupt is beyond me.

CaviarMeths

Artwark wrote:

I hate how many gamers want Nintendo to go third party and relase their games on PC. What's the point of expecting something that isn't likely to happen even if Nintendo went bankrupt is beyond me.

This week in Unpopular Opinions That Are Not Actually Unpopular brought to you once again by Artwark.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

jump

Artwark wrote:

If Nintendo went bankrupt they wouldn't be releasing anything.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

GamecubeMan

SpookyMeths wrote:

This week in Unpopular Opinions That Are Not Actually Unpopular brought to you once again by Artwark.

This. However I would argue that most of the time, it is more of "who actually brings up these claims that Artwark gets?"

Edited on by GamecubeMan

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Socar

@DarthNocturnal: It doesn't say anything on PC. If anything, it was considered to be on the Wii. There's even a prototype video that proves this.

http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/kidicarus/0/7

I think that PC thing was meant to be that its made on PC instead and um...yeah. Games are made on PC's most of the time.

Edited on by Socar

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic