Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 3,221 to 3,240 of 12,088

shaneoh

WaveGhoul wrote:

@TheDarkEnder:
Are you serious, or are you just trying to be hip? So you're saying you've had more fun with Spirit Tracks, Wind Waker(My personal least favorite), and even those Link's awakening clone/extensions that recycle the same viual aesthetics, aka Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons?

One thing Is for sure, I enjoyed Phantom Hour Glass(Most Zelda fans deem this as one of the worst) a lot more than Wind Waker.

BTW, if it really IS your least favorite that pretty much hows how young you are and that you never experienced it's mind blowingness' back when it debuted in the early 90's.

Well the oracle games are the best 2D Zelda games.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Xyphon22

TheDarkEnder wrote:

Link to the past is my least favorite game the series, It's still a really good game, but I have the least fun compared to the other games.

Link to the Past and Wind Waker have always been my least favorites in the series, I'm not sure which one is my least favorite. I'm not really sure why Link to the Past is one of my bottom two, though. It just doesn't do it for me for some reason. But like you said, my least favorite Zelda is kind of like my least favorite piece of chocolate cake, it is still better than almost everything else.

And @WaveGhoul, I grew up with the NES, and the original Legend of Zelda is not only my favorite in the series but my favorite game of all time. So I remember when Link to the Past debuted and it is still in my bottom two, maybe my least.

And to pile on the unpopular opinions, it's not just Link to the Past. The SNES games seem to always be my least favorite in their series (Super Mario World and Super Metroid, at least). And Chrono Trigger is my second favorite game of all time, so it's not that I dislike the SNES.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Socar

@MrMario02: When you said SEGA as evil, I like want to worship you as many comments here seem to defend SEGA a LOT!

Though I'm not sure that another crash will happen. If anything, its not gonna happen until it comes to the point that games will cost like 200$ to play which is unless executed well, completely abysmal.

But I honestly feel that people don't seem to understand that implementing online on games isn't as easy as they think it is. First of, the game itself should make it feel like its main selling point is online so if games like Star Fox 64 don't suit well for that, then its pointless. Another thing to consider is voice chat. Whether its the biggest issue in Splatoon or not, the fact that swearing can happen is itself something to consider.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

GrizzlyArctos

@Artwark: Please tell me why Sega is evil. Sure, they've made plenty of mistakes, but I wouldn't call them evil in any way. (Now Konami on the other hand).

Also, Star Fox is PERFECT for online play.

Yes, I like bears.

TheDarkEnder

@WaveGhoul: I Haven't play all the games and I KNOW the legacy LTTP left for the entire series. I'm not saying the other games are WAY better just slightly better. Also I have played the first Zelda and can not debate the legacy that game brought.

BTW My favorite Zelda is Majora's Mask, Wind Waker is freaking amazing, and I love all the Zelda games I HAVE PLAYED. which are:MM,OoT,WW,TP,LoZ,and LTTP.

TheDarkEnder

AlliMeadow

The Legend of Zelda a Link Between Worlds is so far the only Zelda game I want to complete. I have only played Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker HD besides it, and I have played 12 hours of Ocarina of Time, and I don't enjoy it anymore. Wind Waker was boring from the get go. I have completed 4 dungeons in a Link Between Worlds and I really enjoy the game. Because of it I want to give other Zelda games a chance.

AlliMeadow

Nintendo Network ID: Alli-V-Meadow

DefHalan

Sega is a better publisher than a developer

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Socar

@GrizzlyArctos:

• They refuse to localize Valkyria Chronicles 3 for a system that was fairly comparable to the DS.
  • They are so evil that they haven't made a quality game for the Wii U and 3DS as of now. 3D Classics don't count because SEGA themselves doesn't have any interest in them and this is more of Nintendo convincing SEGA than SEGA themselves. Plus this is M2's doing and not SEGA's.
  • Phantasy Star online 2 is still not out here yet.
  • They made the infamous port of Sonic 1 on GBA which is proven that it can be done if given more effort.
  • They worsen their IP's instead of valuing them.
  • They are now doing crazy things as to moving to PC and Mobile.
  • Sakura Wars is ruined.
  • Most important of all, their development schedule is pure ridiculous. Sonic Boom for example.

As for Star Fox being online, so what if it sounds perfect. That still would make the cost of the game more expensive and unless its the main selling point, Its not really needed. Smash can easily do well without online gaming and with that, the lag itself is something Nintendo can't really do much to fix it.

Edited on by Socar

jump

Artwark wrote:

so what if it sounds perfectt

Are you really gonna argue with perfection?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Socar

@WaveGhoul: You do know that mocking users here is not to be taken lightly right?

Just so you know, I have made games in the past and while they aren't anywhere in AAA quality or not even close to Indie quality, they were atleast my first steps to breaking into the game industry.

Socar

@WaveGhoul: I don't like mocking others unless they come to a point that I'm forced to deal with them big time.

But I feel defeated here a lot. Its like no one here can accept any of my opinions just being opinions and that its more or less, something offensive.

GrizzlyArctos

@Artwark: Again, nothing there suggests that Sega is 'evil' in any way. They're not doing those things to hurt anyone. They're just (admittedly very poor for the most part) business decisions.

And also please don't take this as an attack on you or your opinions. It's just that you seem to be overexaggerating Sega's actions constantly. How would you feel if someone called you evil and said you should be fired because of a game design choice you made?

Edited on by GrizzlyArctos

Yes, I like bears.

Zizzy

Darth_Vader wrote:

headfirstslide wrote:

I bought the limited editions of Assassin's Creed 3 and 4 without having played any previous entry only to find that I hated the games

Yeah I don't care for the AC games at all either, the whole combat system is boring and tedious.

Yep, exactly.

Zizzy

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1585-6021 | Nintendo Network ID: Zizzy147

shaneoh

Zizzy wrote:

Darth_Vader wrote:

headfirstslide wrote:

I bought the limited editions of Assassin's Creed 3 and 4 without having played any previous entry only to find that I hated the games

Yeah I don't care for the AC games at all either, the whole combat system is boring and tedious.

Yep, exactly.

Feel the same. The whole movement system is pretty average as well, I see what they're trying to do, but it's finicky.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

CaviarMeths

Ya'll haven't play a game with bad movement controls until you've wrestled with the Witcher series.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Whydoievenbother

DarthNocturnal wrote:

@MrMario02

• You should've added Activision in place of both of those two. I havn't seen anything from them (unless I forgot) that would be considered evil, and even then, consistency is needed. Even Nintendo has probably done "evil" things.

SEGA: Laziness
SQUARE ENIX: Augment your pre-order
Still, Activision would have been right at home in that group.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

SuperWiiU

MrMario02 wrote:

DarthNocturnal wrote:

@MrMario02

• You should've added Activision in place of both of those two. I havn't seen anything from them (unless I forgot) that would be considered evil, and even then, consistency is needed. Even Nintendo has probably done "evil" things.

Still, Activision would have been right at home in that group.

Activision is worse than those because they often release absolutely horrible, sometimes truly unplayable licensed games. Something only Ubisoft comes close to, but usually slightly less bad. And that is much more Evil than what companies like SEGA & SE do.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

Whydoievenbother

@SuperWiiU At least they got it right with the new Transformers game. Also, I never said that SEGA and SE were worse.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

CaviarMeths

MrMario02 wrote:

Please, there may be children on these forums. Don't expose them to such evil.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic