Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 3,241 to 3,260 of 12,088

Freeon-Leon

SpookyMeths wrote:

Ya'll haven't play a game with bad movement controls until you've wrestled with the Witcher series.

Actually, many AAA games have terrible or dull controls, but it doesn't care because they're so epic! Right? That's what games are all about nowadays. Not every game, of course.

Edited on by Freeon-Leon

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

LaserdiscGal

@SpookyMeths
I tried Witcher 2 when it was free with Gold, the game looks amazing, but the controls are some of the worst I've ever used (not to mention the terrible menu navigation).

While we're on the topic of awful controls, Uncharted comes to mind. I've been trying to play this game for weeks now, and it's next to impossible to actually aim your gun, not to mention climbing on a knee high rock when you're trying to dodge bullets- ridiculousness all around!

Oh and just to be clear, corporations in general don't have any sense of morality, they do what they need to make money; whether that means canning a game, making a magnum opus, or even making pachinko machines.

Edited on by LaserdiscGal

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

jump

Darth_Vader wrote:

I tried Witcher 2 when it was free with Gold, the game looks amazing, but the controls are some of the worst I've ever used (not to mention the terrible menu navigation).

While we're on the topic of awful controls, Uncharted comes to mind. I've been trying to play this game for weeks now, and it's next to impossible to actually aim your gun, not to mention climbing on a knee high rock when you're trying to dodge bullets- ridiculousness all around!

Oh and just to be clear, corporations in general don't have any sense of morality, they do what they need to make money; whether that means canning a game, making a magnum opus, or even making pachinko machines.

I'm not so sure, Monsanto seem to be pretty evil. Why does a corporation in the business of plants need it's own army for?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

LaserdiscGal

arronishere wrote:

Darth_Vader wrote:

I'm not so sure, Monsanto seem to be pretty evil. Why does a corporation in the business of plants need it's own army for?

How dare you make me google what Monsanto is! I was referring to game corporations however, but the fact a Agricultural company has a private army is very alarming.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

MarceloKamui

I think that Mario Maker is a cell phone game that costs too much. =P

Let's play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate!!! o/

Nintendo Network ID: marcelokamui

Whydoievenbother

Goldeneye Reloaded is seriously underrated.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Whydoievenbother

Why aren't there any Mad Max games (aside from the new one and the NES one)? Mad Max is the kind of thing that game developer would be normally be like "Where do I sign?" and yet there are only 2 mad max games.
Also, why are there so few wild west games? The wild west is the thing that could easily be reworked into the genres that dominate the video game industry (Shooters, Sandbox games, etc.).

Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

las_cadenas

I hope we dont get Toilet Princess HD on WiiU because everyone asks for remakes too much. We need new Zelda not remake from the Wii ugh

las_cadenas

Whydoievenbother

If we are going to get lots of remakes, we need remakes for games that we desperately need to preserve, not games that are barely 10 years old. We need to see remakes of games like Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire, and not Twilight Princess. More Chrono Trigger HD and less Resident Evil Remake Remaster.

Light Yagami, Death Note
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Whydoievenbother

@DarthNocturnal: That was just a hypothetical example.

Light Yagami, Death Note
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Rumorlife

We've replayed 75% of the GameCube/PS2/Xbox generation with our current gen.

Rumorlife

Freeon-Leon

Now that we are talking about remakes...

While I'd totally love a Twilight Princess remake, I wish it was released in 2-3 years.

Rumorlife

3 years from now is ok. I'm going to allow this. But not 2016.

Rumorlife

Socar

Speaking of remakes, I feel Metroid 2 should get one. Not because it needs one but because we can easily get one metroid game atleast for the 3DS (Federation Force doesn't count!)

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

AlliMeadow

In my opinion games like Metroid, Zelda and Mario are better suited for 2D than 3D. The gameplay of the 2D games are near perfection, while the 3D game suffers from most from the camera controls. They don't feel as smooth as their 2D counterparts. This is especially clear to me when it comes to the Zelda games. I've yet to finish a 3D Zelda, because they really test my patience. I am currently playing a Link Between Worlds, because I thought I'd enjoy the 2D games more, and I was right to give the series another shot after disappointment with Wind Waker HD and to an extent Ocarina of Time. As for the Mario games, the only one in the 3D series that get the gameplay formula right is 3D World, because it so closely resembles the 2D experience. As for Metroid, I enjoy Metroid Prime, but I can never play it for more than an hour before I lose my patience, on the other hand I ran through Zero Mission in one sitting because it was so addictive. To conclude I really think the genres those three series represent are more suitable for 2D than 3D.

AlliMeadow

Nintendo Network ID: Alli-V-Meadow

Freeon-Leon

2017 seems a good year. 2016 will (hopefully) have Zelda U, and the next portable Zelda won't be out in some time (maybe 2018).

If Nintendo releases TP as a Wii VC game this year, that's fine.

@Artwark: Metroid 2 NEEDS a remake

Edited on by Freeon-Leon

gcunit

MrMario02 wrote:

Also, why are there so few wild west games? The wild west is the thing that could easily be reworked into the genres that dominate the video game industry (Shooters, Sandbox games, etc.).

I don't know, but I would guess, based on the way Wild West films are a virtually dead genre nowadays, that perhaps the genre just doesn't sell.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

TheCournel

i liked metroid other m but didint really like the prime games too much on the gamecube at least thought the controls were really weird

TheCournel

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic