Forums

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Posts 341 to 360 of 1,990

grenworthshero

Mickeymac wrote:

grenworthshero wrote:

I'm planning on getting Muscle March when it comes out tomorrow. Even if it's bad, at 500 points, at least I can say I have a game that bizzare. The thing is...I'll have 600 points left over (since I already have 100) so what should I get that's 500-600 points?

Do you have Bit.Trip Beat? Bit.Trip Core? Bit.Trip Void?

I have Bit.Trip Beat...I haven't finished it, and I didn't think it was good enough to justify its difficulty.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

CanisWolfred

grenworthshero wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

grenworthshero wrote:

I'm planning on getting Muscle March when it comes out tomorrow. Even if it's bad, at 500 points, at least I can say I have a game that bizzare. The thing is...I'll have 600 points left over (since I already have 100) so what should I get that's 500-600 points?

I have Bit.Trip Beat...I haven't finished it, and I didn't think it was good enough to justify its difficulty.

Then get Bit.Trip Void. It's easier, but still pretty fun. Just remember, it's a memorization/hand-eye cooridination heavy game. You can only get better, so long as you keep at it. It'll be difficult at first, but eventually you'll pull through, and then you'll be looking back in triumph, laughing at how you thought such a thing was so hard.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Xkhaoz

Okay, I haven't gotten my friend a Christmas gift yet. He wanted either The Secret Saturdays: Beasts of the 5th Sun or Ben 10 Alien Force: Vilgax Attacks. Which one should I get?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

JeanLuc_Vaycard

Mickeymac wrote:

grenworthshero wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

grenworthshero wrote:

Then get Bit.Trip Void. It's easier, but still pretty fun. Just remember, it's a memorization/hand-eye cooridination heavy game. You can only get better, so long as you keep at it. It'll be difficult at first, but eventually you'll pull through, and then you'll be looking back in triumph, laughing at how you thought such a thing was so hard.

Void has CC options right? The big thing I didn't like about Beat actually was the way they made you hold the Wii remote hurt my wrist.

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

vince220

Which of the following is the best DSi game (Don't let price be a factor; I have more than enough DSi Points):
-Mighty Flip Champs
-Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Return of the Minis
-Chronos Twins
-Rayman
-Castle of Magic
-WarioWare: Snapped

This is a Kid Icarus Wiki I created in late October. It has developed a lot in that time, but it still has a lot of room to grow. Any help you could provide (e.g. fixing typos) would be greatly appreciated!

CanisWolfred

Vaynard wrote:

Void has CC options right? The big thing I didn't like about Beat actually was the way they made you hold the Wii remote hurt my wrist.

Yes, it does have classic controller support. Actually, the only other choice is the Nunchuck to be honest with you.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Vander

@vince220: Some people really liked MFC but some said it was overrated. I personally only have Mario vs. Donkey Kong out of that DSiWare list so it may be biased but I'd say it could be the best out of them. I like the main game but the construction zone (level editor) is great just about any object in the level set you can make in the level editor there are tons of possibilities plus you can download other people's levels through the share service. Just be sure not to get WarioWare: Snapped I heard it was awful.

go to www.virtualhamgames.com for great original independent games, a help service, and reviews for our games.
-a Virtual Ham Games fan

Kid_A

You should buy Klonoa. Who? Everyone. Everyone should buy Klonoa. That is all.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

CanisWolfred

I need a catchy title for a marathon that has the word "Shadow" in it. Anybody have any ideas? I'm having a brain fart right now...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Vander

I was wondering what everyone thought about these DSiWare games:

Army Defender
Art Style: AQUIA
Art Style: PiCTOBiTS
Bookworm
Dark Void Zero (I'm a retro game fan)
Pop+Solo
Pro-Putt Domo
Real Soccer 2009 (I was wondering if I should wait for Real Soccer 2010)
Starship Defense
Number Battle

I don't mind if the game is not "hardcore enough" to please the hardcore gamer, because I enjoy both hardcore and casual games (Example I like Metroid Prime Trilogy and Wii Sports Resort)

go to www.virtualhamgames.com for great original independent games, a help service, and reviews for our games.
-a Virtual Ham Games fan

RandomWiiPlayer

Is the first Assassins Creed any good?

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

CanisWolfred

Vander wrote:

I was wondering what everyone thought about these DSiWare games:

Army Defender
Art Style: AQUIA
Art Style: PiCTOBiTS
Bookworm
Dark Void Zero (I'm a retro game fan)
Pop+Solo
Pro-Putt Domo
Real Soccer 2009 (I was wondering if I should wait for Real Soccer 2010)
Starship Defense
Number Battle

I don't mind if the game is not "hardcore enough" to please the hardcore gamer, because I enjoy both hardcore and casual games (Example I like Metroid Prime Trilogy and Wii Sports Resort)

Dark Void Zero!!!!!10

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Vander

Yeah I thought someone would suggest Dark Void Zero. I've heard nothing but good things about it except that there's only 3 levels. Is it still fun to re-play the levels and are there bonus items to collect?

-a Virtual Ham Games fan

CanisWolfred

I got a $25 gift card for Target. Should I get:

• Bioshock, which should cover the entire card and is a game that I really want to get, but never got
  • Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, which I really want, and I suppose I'll get it anyways, but I would like to save some money on. Still, I'll have to pay more than just what's on the card.
  • A Wii Game that I might miss otherwise, like de Blob or Klonoa
  • A 360 game I want, but wouldn't get without the Card, such as the Ultimate Genesis Collection, or Chronicles of Riddick
  • A Sonic game, since I'm trying to collect all of 'em, and I'm getting close, just 7 away. But I did get two recently
  • A 1600 Xbox Live Point card

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

Okay, now that I got away from the ever-tempting product site, Should I get Bioshock or Tatsunoko vs Capcom? Whichever I don't get will likely be a birthday present, just so you know.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

NotEnoughGolds

Mickeymac wrote:

Okay, now that I got away from the ever-tempting product site, Should I get Bioshock or Tatsunoko vs Capcom? Whichever I don't get will likely be a birthday present, just so you know.

If you pre-purchase BioShock 2 from Steam, you'll get 10% off and the original BioShock for free... so that'll be $45 for both games.
I have BioShock but haven't played it yet, so the above is really all the information I can provide at the moment.

Edit: just saw that you are using a $25 gift card for this purchase. I bought a BioShock/Oblivion double pack for $20 at Target, but that's for the PC - you never said which platform you were looking to get it on.

Edited on by NotEnoughGolds

NotEnoughGolds

CanisWolfred

NotEnoughGolds wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

If you pre-purchase BioShock 2 from Steam, you'll get 10% off and the original BioShock for free... so that'll be $45 for both games.
I have BioShock but haven't played it yet, so the above is really all the information I can provide at the moment.

Can I pre-purchase Bioshock 2 at Target? Because that's the only place my Gift card is good at.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

NotEnoughGolds

Mickeymac wrote:

NotEnoughGolds wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Can I pre-purchase Bioshock 2 at Target?

Damn, you responded before I got my edit through.
Your two posts were on different pages, so I didn't see that you had a gift card when I first replied.
In the case of Target, read my edit above.

NotEnoughGolds

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic