General Discussion Forum

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Showing 361 to 380 of 1,758

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

361. Posted:

Okay, now that I got away from the ever-tempting product site, Should I get Bioshock or Tatsunoko vs Capcom? Whichever I don't get will likely be a birthday present, just so you know.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

NotEnoughGolds

362. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Okay, now that I got away from the ever-tempting product site, Should I get Bioshock or Tatsunoko vs Capcom? Whichever I don't get will likely be a birthday present, just so you know.

If you pre-purchase BioShock 2 from Steam, you'll get 10% off and the original BioShock for free... so that'll be $45 for both games.
I have BioShock but haven't played it yet, so the above is really all the information I can provide at the moment.

Edit: just saw that you are using a $25 gift card for this purchase. I bought a BioShock/Oblivion double pack for $20 at Target, but that's for the PC - you never said which platform you were looking to get it on.

Edited on by NotEnoughGolds

NotEnoughGolds

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

363. Posted:

NotEnoughGolds wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

If you pre-purchase BioShock 2 from Steam, you'll get 10% off and the original BioShock for free... so that'll be $45 for both games.
I have BioShock but haven't played it yet, so the above is really all the information I can provide at the moment.

Can I pre-purchase Bioshock 2 at Target? Because that's the only place my Gift card is good at.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

NotEnoughGolds

364. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

NotEnoughGolds wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Can I pre-purchase Bioshock 2 at Target?

Damn, you responded before I got my edit through.
Your two posts were on different pages, so I didn't see that you had a gift card when I first replied.
In the case of Target, read my edit above.

NotEnoughGolds

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

365. Posted:

NotEnoughGolds wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Edit: just saw that you are using a $25 gift card for this purchase. I bought a BioShock/Oblivion double pack for $20 at Target, but that's for the PC - you never said which platform you were looking to get it on.

Xbox 360(my PC can't handle 'em). Besides, a double pack like that would be store-specific.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

NotEnoughGolds

366. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

NotEnoughGolds wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Xbox 360(my PC can't handle 'em). Besides, a double pack like that would be store-specific.

Amazon also has the bundle (for 360 and PC), but Target's online store doesn't.
Upgrade your computer imo.
I would say to just get BioShock since it's cheaper, it got great reviews, and you've been wanting to play it anyway. It's still sitting, sealed, on top of my PC so unfortunately I can't give you personal feedback.

NotEnoughGolds

AuthorMessage

Chucko

367. Posted:

HELP! Twilight princess or Metroid prime 3!!

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, would you kindly?

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

368. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

I got a $25 gift card for Target. Should I get:

• Bioshock, which should cover the entire card and is a game that I really want to get, but never got
  • Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, which I really want, and I suppose I'll get it anyways, but I would like to save some money on. Still, I'll have to pay more than just what's on the card.
  • A Wii Game that I might miss otherwise, like de Blob or Klonoa
  • A 360 game I want, but wouldn't get without the Card, such as the Ultimate Genesis Collection, or Chronicles of Riddick
  • A Sonic game, since I'm trying to collect all of 'em, and I'm getting close, just 7 away. But I did get two recently
  • A 1600 Xbox Live Point card

Klonoa and/or Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

369. Posted:

Chucko wrote:

Damn, tough call. Both are two of the greatest games of all time, but I'd go with Twilight Princess--unless you can find Metroid Prime Trilogy, which contains 3 as well. I say Twilight Princess because not only is the quest huge and incredibly lengthy, but there's a ton of replayability. It just depends on what kinds of games you like, I suppose. Prime 3 is probably a better game as a whole, but TP is more fun and charming.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

370. Posted:

Chucko wrote:

Neither. Get Metroid Prime Trilogy, and if you have the first two Metroid Primes, sell 'em, and use the money to get Twilight Princess.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

NotEnoughGolds

371. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Chucko wrote:

Neither. Get Metroid Prime Trilogy, and if you have the first two Metroid Primes, sell 'em, and use the money to get Twilight Princess.

This man speaks truth.

NotEnoughGolds

AuthorMessage

Percentful

372. Posted:

NotEnoughGolds wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Chucko wrote:

This man speaks truth.

You might get 2 dollars for the 2 metroids, and maybe if you get lucky, $3.

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

AuthorMessage

skyerunner23

373. Posted:

i sold echoes for the gamecube and the videogames ect. by me adn got $6 so you might have more of a chance to get money at a store other then the gamestop and ebgames

psn: Skyerunner

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

374. Posted:

110percentful wrote:

That's only if you go to Gamestop, man. They're always rippin' people off.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

SpriteKing

375. Posted:

I want Metroid Zero Mission for GBA. How is it?

"Hey Strong Bad. You jumped over some of my buses!"
I don't have a backloggery, and if I did have one you wouldn't care
I will never have one tenth of an ioda of a clue as to why My Little Pony is only popular with 20+ year old males
Anamanaguchi is neat

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

376. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

110percentful wrote:

That's only if you go to Gamestop, man. They're always rippin' people off.

Not if you take full advantage of their deals. I got an extra $30 the last time I traded back games

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

TKOWL

377. Posted:

SpriteKing wrote:

I played a little bit of it at my friend's house, and it plays very good. Great update to the original. And if you beat the game, you get to play the original!

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter: TKOWL

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

378. Posted:

SpriteKing wrote:

It's one of the best of the 2D Metroid games, that's how it is! It's everything that the original Masterpieve was, but so much more! Better controls(even Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion feel clunky compared to it), More items, a map, more and cooler boss fights. The only complaint I have is the stealth mission near the end, but they make up for it ten-fold just after it! Really, if you can find it, get it! I swear you'll love it!

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

ejamer

379. Posted:

Q: Did anyone play Overlord: Dark Legend for Wii? I'm strongly considering buying the game now that it's only $15 used, but need a push to decide. Comments about being a "dark" Pikmin sound pretty appealing.

@SpriteKing: Metroid Zero Mission might be my favorite game from the series. Based on original game, but improved across the board with better graphics, gameplay, and features. It's not a long game, but is fun to play through multiple times. I would definitely recommend it.

ejamer

Nintendo Network ID: ejamer

AuthorMessage

Vander

380. Posted:

I have 1700 DSiWare points but am saving 800 points for real soccer 2010 so I have 900 points to spend. Can anyone recommend a 500 point game and a 200 point game or two to last me a while until my next points card?

Here's the 500 point games I'm considering:

Art Style: AQUIA or PiCTOBiTS (Not heard much about AQUIA but it seems people either love or hate PiCTOBiTS)
Bookworm (is it much different than the website game?)
Pop+Solo (wondering if this game all it's cracked up to be)
Flipper (once it's comes out. And yes it will be 500 points check the website)

Here's the 200 point games I'm considering:

AiRace: Tunnel
Army Defender (heard good things about this but still skeptical)
Electroplankton (Hanenbow probably)
Escapee GO! (read the review looks like a good game for 200 points)
Pro-Putt Domo (never heard any comments about this game)

go to www.virtualhamgames.com for great original independent games, a help service, and reviews for our games.
-a Virtual Ham Games fan