Forums

Topic: Transformers fan club

Posts 361 to 380 of 393

Spoony_Tech

That does look really cool! About time we got some Dinobot action!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

lol....Transformers toys...loved those things. Think I even had some Beast Wars ones as well....haven't seen the cartoon in ages, and I loved the recent movies.
I STILL remember my all-time favorite bot, think his name is Hot Shot. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Link79

I've been a fan since I was 5 years old. I had several of the toys and watched the old 80s cartoon constantly.
I remember watching the 1986 movie in theaters and being in tears at the part where Optimus dies.
He was my childhood hero. Damn You Hotrod it was all your fault!
The more modern bayformers are kinda cool if you don't compare them to the old ones.
I don't get all the hate. I liked the movies but whatever.
I recently picked up Transformers 3 on DVD! Now the trilogy is complete!

Edited on by Link79

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

RudysaurusRex

I'm a gonna join! I'm even gonna change my avatar to show my dedication!

I really like the old ones, but the new ones modernize the whole series. So, as bad as the Bay movies are, the robots are still cool.

EDIT: Man, all the other Bumble Bees were taken, so I'm stuck with this one.

Edited on by RudysaurusRex

SPREAD THE JOY OF THE GREAT TURTLE
HE IS UPON US AND WILL TAKE US TO THE GREAT WAVE
JOIN THE COURT OF TURTLES AND BE REDEEMED
THE COURT OF TURTLES

3DS Friend Code: 0061-3403-4305 | Nintendo Network ID: AlexTheGrayt | Twitter:

irken004

I got my digital issue of Gameinformer, featuring a long preview of Fall of Cybertron.

WOW

This game will be pretty incredible

The only thing negative I can find about it is that they dropped the campaign online co-op in favor of fleshing out the singleplayer (which is a fair trade-off in my opinion). Other than that, the multiplayer will be back, improved with a vast amount of bot-customization options! And the story sounds very interesting. Bruticus (a combiner transformer) will be in the game and playable, and the insecticons will be implemented as one of many types of enemies you will encounter. Each transformer has different abilities, such as Jazz using a grappling hook and Cliffjumper using an invisibility mechanism. The drab-looking environments in the last game have been replaced with much more brighter colors that really pop-out on screen.

This game sounds absolutely amazing!!!

Edited on by irken004

Spoony_Tech

Wow bruticus brings back memories! I'm liking some of the names I'm seeing here! Definitely interested.

Is the digital the same as the print version? I get that. Oh and nice to see your old avatar back!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

irken004

Tech101 wrote:

Wow bruticus brings back memories! I'm liking some of the names I'm seeing here! Definitely interested.

Is the digital the same as the print version? I get that. Oh and nice to see your old avatar back!

Yeah, same content other than some videos and more screenshots in the digital version. And yeah, I missed the old avatar

Shockwave is a more integral part of the story now, as well as the Dinobots. Megatron has a new design, and Optimus does too. I think Starscream's design got a slight color scheme tweak. The game starts off by acting almost like the first episode of the G1 series, where the Autobots escape Cybertron and the Decepticons chase them in their ship The Nemesis. You can play as Vortex, the helicopter component of the combiner Bruticus. They didn't mention or show the other combiner bots, but I'm sure you can play as the other components as well. Strangely, you can't transform Grimlock into a robot/dinosaur freely. Grimlock builds up a rage meter while in combat as a robot, and once it's full, he then transforms into a t-rex and unleashes all kinds of dino-carnage

Edited on by irken004

Link79

Me Grimlock no like Dinobot's missing from Michael bay movies.
Me wanted to see them kick butt.

Wii and 3DS ID Link

Link79

@ Waveboy
You really should check out that 80's original Transformer movie.
It's way better then all three bay movies combined! (In a cheesy 80's sorta way of course.
But still it's Transformers the way it's supposed to be. Not the CGI glorified car comercials we have now.
It might seem silly watching it the first time as an adult but man was it ever awesome back in the day!
Seeing Unicron Transform for the first time was eye popping!
Sadly that movie was also the turning point where the whole G1 series went south.
They killed off alot of favorite characters and it just wasn't the same anymore.
my 7 year old spirit was crushed after seeing my childhood heroes killed right in front of me.

Edited on by Link79

Wii and 3DS ID Link

Spoony_Tech

You got the touch! You got the POWER!! LOL. I remember my older brother taking me to see that movie. Yeah a lot of transformers dies but it was still very good and a bit cheesy for sure. I remember being a kid and saying wow did they just swear!! Back then cartoons of any type didn't swear at all and was a bit shocked. Love all the voice actors as well. Wreck gar was great for comic relief. Man now I want to watch that movie. Thanks guys!

@Waveboy The beast wars had the best story of all the transformer IMO. I remember watching that and thinking how great it looked for its time but the story just kept getting better with each season. I was really excited for beast machines as a follow up but like you said never really took off. It had no identity and just a handful of episodes were even good! To bad they followed up beast wars with that let down. Also beast wars at its funny moments as well. Some of those episodes had me rolling with laughter! Good memories.

I've said it here before but the robots in disguise series is really good but almost impossible to find. I would really like to watch it again so if anyone knows where I could see that please let me know! It had IMO the funniest transformer ever in sharkbite! Very well written story as well along with some of the best transformers. Had a bunch of those toy as an adult since I had more money it was easier to buy whatever I wanted.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Link79

@ Tech101
Ba-weep-gra-na-weep-ninny-bong!
Now without making any sudden moves I offer you an Energon goody.

Wii and 3DS ID Link

KarrotMan

I really liked the Animated movie. It had alot of things going for it. Great animation, an awesome soundtrack, the introduction of Unicron, etc. But what baffled me was how they literally killed off almost half of the original characters during the first half of the movie. Excluding the deaths of a certain air-borne decepticon and a beloved leader (both scenes were one of the most memorable in the movie), the deaths of the rest were really cheap. I mean, one of the new characters was blown to bits yet he was later rebuilt like nothing happened and they couldn't do the same to their other brethren? I felt like that was one of the biggest fingers that Hasbro has given to me. /Rant Other than the said inaccuracies, I still liked the movie and it had alot of shining moments and I recommend it to any TF fan or anyone who is in the mood for a solid sci fi flick.

As for the Bayformers trilogy, I say the first and third ones are not as bad as the others make it out to be, but sure, RotF can just stay in the trash. Sure, there are characters with a fraction of a personality and others who get too much screentime something something Megan Fox something something , but as an action popcorn flick, it serves its purpose: Big Robots duking it out with eachother. Nothing Oscar-worthy, but like the intentionally campy Resident Evil flicks, its at least worth a rental. With that said, I wouldn't mind another Bayformer movie, I just want to see the Dinobots and Unicron in the big screen again, just don't mess it up like the second.

@Waveboy - I have to disagree with you there. Beastwars still has the edge over the original show based on its deep storyline and engaging character development alone. Also, I love the G1 references throughout the show, especially on the 2nd season finale. Even by today's standards it is still entertaining as ever, just give the CG a fresh coat of paint and we have another hit. I still like the original, but it wasn't as awesome as I remembered it to be. Its still good, but in terms of quality, it falls second to Beastwars

Edited on by KarrotMan

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

Spoony_Tech

So I decided to do some searching and came up with a fantastic result. Go to www.veoh.com search for RID01 for the first episode of the robots in disguise series! I can't wait to re-watch these again. Oh and I guess I've been messing up sky-bites name for some time now LOL. Well since he was a shark I figured you know! Irken I know your always busy but give the first episode a go. Its better then armada IMO.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

irken004

Tech101 wrote:

So I decided to do some searching and came up with a fantastic result. Go to www.veho.com search for RID01 for the first episode of the robots in disguise series! I can't wait to re-watch these again. Oh and I guess I've been messing up sky-bites name for some time now LOL. Well since he was a shark I figured you know! Irken I know your always busy but give the first episode a go. Its better then armada IMO.

I watched a little bit of RiD awhile back, and I thought it was ok. I just love mini-cons xD And the "animated" series is pretty good, I loved Swindle's personality in that series.

Odnetnin

irken004 wrote:

I got my digital issue of Gameinformer, featuring a long preview of Fall of Cybertron.

WOW

This game will be pretty incredible

The only thing negative I can find about it is that they dropped the campaign online co-op in favor of fleshing out the singleplayer (which is a fair trade-off in my opinion). Other than that, the multiplayer will be back, improved with a vast amount of bot-customization options! And the story sounds very interesting. Bruticus (a combiner transformer) will be in the game and playable, and the insecticons will be implemented as one of many types of enemies you will encounter. Each transformer has different abilities, such as Jazz using a grappling hook and Cliffjumper using an invisibility mechanism. The drab-looking environments in the last game have been replaced with much more brighter colors that really pop-out on screen.

This game sounds absolutely amazing!!!

This this and this. Ditto to the 11th power.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.