JaxonH

The 100
The Last Kingdom
Orange Is the New Black
House of Cards
The Walking Dead
Marco Polo
Turn

Any of the above will do you nice and proper, trust me.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

RR529

@JaxonH, for some reason Marco Polo wasn't doing it for me this season.

I like the setting, the fight/battle scenes, and the grander overall story), but none of the individual characters' struggles caught my attention (so, it's a neat setting with a bunch of characters I could care less about).

I was really excited about the prospect of a conflict with the Pope/western forces, but that sort of took back seat to the internal power struggle with Kaidu, which was much less appealing IMO. Luckily, it looks like it's going to take center stage next season.

Still, season 2 of Marco Polo is definitely a 3/5 on Netflix's rating scale, IMO.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

JaxonH

@RR529
I agree season 2 wasn't as good as season 1, but as with any series I think seasons have their ups and downs.

Season 1 of The 100, for example, was kinda so-so until the latter half and then season 2 blew it away. Likewise, the latest season of House of Cards definitely wasn't as good as the first couple seasons.

But overall, I think all of those series are among the best on offer, even given the ups and downs from season to season.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

Also,

Reign
The Time In Between

RR529

Just started up Hibana -Spark- (Netflix original)

Set in Japan circa 2001, it follows a struggling young Manzai comedian (part of a duo, that calls themselves "sparks") who meets & looks up to a more experienced Manzai comedian for inspiration. It hasn't gripped me as of yet (I'd probably enjoy it much more if I knew more about the art form), but like Atelier, it could grow on me. If nothing else, it should give me something to watch until my fall shows get in.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

Finished up Hibana -Spark- (Netflix Original) today.

As I mentioned before, it's a series that follows the ups & downs of Tokunaga's career, he's a young Manzai comedian, throughout the 00's. Overall I thought it was pretty decent, though I'd say only to check it out if you're into Japanese content (though I'd recommend you go through Good Morning Call & Atelier first, if that's the case, unless you're really into traditional Japanese comedy).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

Started rewatching season 1 of Supergirl (watched it when it first aired on CBS last year). I didn't see every episode though (especially later in the season when the rest of the family started losing interest), so it'll give me something to watch until Marvel's Luke Cage premiers later this month.

So far it's been decent, but I don't know if I'll like it as much as Arrow or the Flash. My only real gripes are that I felt like it moved too fast in the first episode (She came out to the world AS Supergirl, got a finalized costume, there's already a government agency capable enough of putting her on a leash anytime they want, as well as knowledge of hundreds of super powered aliens coming out of the woodworks, all in episode 1), and there's also the fact that displaying the feats of a hero of this calibur is too much for a budget of a 20-something episode series to handle, IMO. The arial combat especially is akward (by their posture, you can easily tell that they're being held up by wires, the fighting is so stiff and unnatural looking). Outside of that they use a lot of CG, which doesn't always look the best (TBH the Flash has had this problem too, but not as often, as far as I can remember).

I mean, it's not a bad show, but it has it's issues. In other news, I guess I've been the only one watching Netflix around here recently? (third comment in a row & all that)

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Haru17

@RR529 Yeah, the first episodes of Supergirl had so much yearning for approval from a superior officer that I kind of checked out. We didn't even get much origin story action, it just kind of jumped into the sitcom stasis that Arrow's sitting in (except CBS doesn't know how to do practical action scenes like The CW does).

I'm kinda sad they removed Psycho-Pass from Netflix streaming. FYI, you should all go watch it elsewhere as long as you can handle violence, gore, and an implied rape scene in the first episode.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Tasuki

@RR529 I very rarely watch Netflix anymore, mainly cause I don't have the time. Most of my free time is taken up playing games.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

RR529

@Tasuki, that's understandable (I'd be doing the same if I had anything new to play, lol).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Tasuki

@RR529 Lol not so much new to play but going through my backlog, and with 8 consoles, it is quite a backlog. That and with Hulu I watch all the show like Supergirl, Arrow the day after they air so by the time Netflix get them I am already all caught up.

My Backlog

RevolverLink

I'm normally avoid reality television like the plague, but I adore The Great British Baking Show (called The Great British Bake Off in the UK). It's just so darn pleasant, and it makes for a nice pick-me-up when I'm having a rough day.

It's just a shame that Netflix only has one season.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

RR529

Finished up season 1 of Supergirl today.

It had it's issues (mostly the inconsistencies in her strength, which mostly seemed nerfed for someone in the "Super" family line of heroes), but overall it was still a pretty fun superhero show. That crossover with the Flash was especially awesome.

For my next show, I think I'll hold off until Marvel's Luke Cage (Netflix original) premiers on the 30th.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

Luke Cage is available!

I watched one episode last night (usually they don't update shortly after midnight, so it was an awesome suprise that they had it).

I'm already hooked, and can't wait to watch a few more episodes tonight.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

bezerker99

I had to deactivate my Netflix because of some financial hardships atm. However, i wont have it deactivated forever.

Can anyone tell me if they've added Better Call Saul season 2 yet? As soon as that's on there I will probably reactivate my account. Thanks in advance!

Edited on by bezerker99

RR529

So, now I've watched through the first 6 episodes of Marvel's Luke Cage, lol. Don't think I'll get the chance to watch another episode until Sunday, though.

Like the other Netflix Marvel series, it's dark, but has it's own unique vibe, and I have to say I I'm really enjoying the way he just absolutely busts everything up. I also really like how it's tying itself together with the rest of the MCU, especially with the other Netflix series. Most notably the introduction of Hammer tech, particularly news of a new bullet developed with alien technology that might be able to hurt Luke, as well as the appearance of Claire more recently. She's the nurse who often finds herself intertwined with Daredevil's escapades, and even briefly helped out during Jessica Jones. Here she actually describes in detail the Hand's attack on the hospital in Daredevil S2, though not to Luke, and says she wants to help people with abilities. There was also a segment of Trish Talk, the radio show by Jessica Jones' adoptive sister, at the start of episode 6, and the regular references to the events of the Avengers, which seem to have been more common in this show.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Haru17

Luke Cage has the worst pilot of perhaps any show I've seen on Netflix—the title guy is barely in the first episode, which just assumes you've watched Jessica Jones (to be fair, you should have)—but gets really good as episode 2 concludes, and going forward from there.

I feel like it front-loads a lot of the Black culture to an almost cartoonish extent (I mean, really? A barber shop?), but the characters also have some interesting exchanges about political issues that affect Harlem. Not terribly deep, but they're trying at least.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

RR529

Finished up Marvel's Luke Cage (Netflix Original) today!

A very solid show. After Daredevil & Jessica Jones the concept of a dark & edgy MCU show isn't as novel as it was the first couple times, but it's roots in black culture gave it a unique vibe that nothing else in the MCU has, which helped it stand out, IMO. While still very alternative to the general MCU fare, Luke's exploits were the most "super" yet (in comparison to the other Netflix shows) which I personally liked, and I liked how it really ramped up the connections to the other Netflix series & general MCU as well. I also really liked the villain this time around. He wasn't as vile as the villain in Marvel's Jessica Jones, but he was still a bit unpredictable/unhinged, and gave the best climactic final battle of any of the Netflix MCU villains.

In other news, the Flash season 2 is available today (which I'll be starting tonight, and Arrow season 4 tomorrow), and it looks like Fuller House is getting it's second season much earlier than anticipated, early December (I think the 9th).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Tasuki

Been binge on Luke Cage today and I have to say I am enjoying it alot. I especially like the 70's black action flick vibe the show has especially with the score. I loved the little instrumental bit they had right before the villain fired the rocket launcher and blew up Luke's home especially.

My Backlog

RR529

Started up season 1 of DC's Legends of Tomorrow today since it was added. I'm going to hold off on Arrow & the Flash until I have this caught up with them (I've watched through the first 12 episodes of their newest seasons on Netflix, and LoT spun off from them after their first 8 episodes, so I have to watch 5 episodes of this before all three are in tandem).

Looks like it's going to be fun, too. It has a unique feel to it in comparison to the other two shows, and the inclusion of Captain Cold & his partner is brilliant.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic