Forums

Topic: This website redesign!

Posts 121 to 140 of 213

LaserdiscGal

DefHalan wrote:

How do you close the side menu? When I check my notifications I don't see a way to close the menu.

The only way I see to do it is to click something on the site, it doesn't have to be a link just click the white space and it should fade.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

DefHalan

Waluigi wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

How do you close the side menu? When I check my notifications I don't see a way to close the menu.

The only way I see to do it is to click something on the site, it doesn't have to be a link just click the white space and it should fade.

Huh… I guess that does work. It would be nice if there was a arrow button or something.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

DefHalan

Morpheel wrote:

You can press the same icon you pressed to open the menu to close it.

That takes me to my Profile Page.

LaserdiscGal

Morpheel wrote:

I'm not sure if you're on the mobile version or something, but he's talking about when you press on your face and that tab comes out, and no it doesn't go back when you poke yourself again

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

DefHalan

Waluigi wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

I'm not sure if you're on the mobile version or something, but he's talking about when you press on your face and that tab comes out, and no it doesn't go back when you poke yourself again

I tried poking myself and that didn't work…

Eel

Hm, it does work on the mobile version (when I hold the phone on landscape, it shows both menus, like in the desktop version), pressing my profile picture closes the menu.

Edit: the plot thickens!

The site dynamically decides between mobile and desktop depending on the horizontal resolution of your screen, small screens lead to the mobile menu, larger ones lead to the desktop menu.

While in the mobile version of the site the menu drops down from the icon, in the desktop site the menus appear from the side and cover the icon.

I think my phone is large enough to make the site load the desktop version of the site if it's in landscape mode.

If I witch modes in an already loaded page, they still behave like the mode you used to load the page, so...

-if you load the page in portrait and switch to landscape, the user menu loads under the button, instead of covering it like it would normally, so since you still have the original icon available, you can close the menu by tapping it. (What I have been doing).

-if you load the page in landscape and switch to portrait, then the menu tries to act like the desktop menu, and it only shows a glitched menu.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Baineblade

I'll just say it, before this change I was checking at least twice a day...Now I'm lucky if I even peek at the site...And I just GOT here. Talk about bad timing I guess..

Baineblade

gcunit

I don't like being negative, but I've given it a few days and it's just getting worse to me. When I open the front page it just looks like one of those trashy '17 ways you get going to the toilet wrong' type sites, where you click on a link and it launches a ton of ads and it takes forever to actually find the text you were interested in. That doesn't happen on this site, obviously, but it has the same sort of appearance now. I think I might be looking elsewhere for a bit.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

mystman12

You know on the one hand, I can understand why people dislike the redesign. In fact, I'm not exactly a huge fan myself; however, I also don't understand how people dislike it so much to the point of leaving the site. The content is the same, it's still easy to maneuver through the site. Anyways, I think a bit more texture and personality would help. People are right when they say it looks like basically any other website.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

Justlink

I don't hate the redesign, just want to see the forum topics without hovering over a tab and less time looking for an article I want to come back to read. Twitter will be my main way to the site for awhile. Just keep the articles the same style and i'm okay.

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

WinterWarm

crimsontadpoles wrote:

Trotterwatch wrote:

shaneoh wrote:

Anyone else irritated that the banner disappears when you scroll down and then reappears when you start scrolling up? The whole thing takes up a sixth of my window.

Yes!

Same, it's irritating me as well

Yeah, that's one thing I could complain about.

Bulletproof and black like a funeral.

Intelligent Systems' obsession with rear ends:

"I fear my derriere is not worthy." - Frederick, FE:A

"My uncanny valley begs for reprieve." - Tharja, FE:A

Fates Castle Address: 06963-63228-71096-84460

3DS Friend Code: 3652-1038-9901 | Nintendo Network ID: WinterWarm | Twitter:

BurningSonic

I just noticed that my links in my signature don't work anymore. Anyone else have/had this problem?

Friend Code: 3995-6828-7489
Fire Emblem Fates Castle 16401-82620-88445-74773
My Mario Maker Levels
The Burnloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6828-7489

Eel

They look grey as if they were normal text (they're actually a slightly darker shade of grey), but they still work.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

BurningSonic

Yeah, but when I try to click on my own links it says "address invalid" they worked before the update. Also I can click on everyone else's but not mine.

Friend Code: 3995-6828-7489
Fire Emblem Fates Castle 16401-82620-88445-74773
My Mario Maker Levels
The Burnloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6828-7489

Eel

Your links were broken, you had random stuff like ww.http//www before the URLs.

I fixed them, hope you don't mind.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

6ch6ris6

just found out you can change the homepage to a list insteadt of tiles. now i need to know how to get rid of the featured tile-thing. maybe with adblock?

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.