Forums

Topic: This website redesign!

Posts 101 to 120 of 213

ZanderShepherd

crimsontadpoles wrote:

Have gif support been removed for profile pictures? Or is it just a temporary bug? Yveltal is looking much more static than normal

So it's not just me. I've seen some avatars still moving, but mine isn't working either. Guess that's just a bug, I'm sure they'll fix it in a while.

ZanderShepherd

shaneoh

Anyone else irritated that the banner disappears when you scroll down and then reappears when you start scrolling up? The whole thing takes up a sixth of my window.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Trotterwatch

shaneoh wrote:

Anyone else irritated that the banner disappears when you scroll down and then reappears when you start scrolling up? The whole thing takes up a sixth of my window.

Yes!

Trotterwatch

gingerbeardman

After extended use I like it. The larger font might be a little too large but it's fine.

My only issue: "games out now" used to be a large table full of data-great to browse the full list of all games on a system and one of my most frequented sections on the site-but now it is spread over multiple pages with image thumbnails.

gingerbeardman

Nintendo Network ID: flicky | Twitter:

Corbs

I like the new look a lot. Gotta keep things "fresh" lol

Plain old gamer :)

Captain_Toad

I've been seeing forums pages that turn into 1 page a couple of times.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Spoony_Tech

@Corbs: Still waiting on my Radiant Historia review! It's been what, 5 years! O.-

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

yokokazuo

Is it just me, or is there no previous icon in the forums? When I'm on a thread with multiple pages, I can't go farther back than the last three, it also won't show any page numbers before those either so I have to do it manually in the URL.
I have sent an email about this to Anthony as well.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

ZeldaFan5991

Personally as a long time lurker. Couple time poster on this site. I'm seriously considering using a different site. The new site is just that bad. Annoying drop down banner, way way way too bright especially at night (Sadly unlike my android phone there is no night mode on my ipad.) I can feel my retinas burning. The horizontal swipe menu on the mobile site is a pain I'd much rather a drop down. Edit: Comment loading looks like a bug. I could go on. Really dislike the new site. So much white..... so. much. white.

Edited on by ZeldaFan5991

ZeldaFan5991

veeflames

@crimsontadpoles: Haha, I tried to change both my profile picture and my banner picture to GIFs, but they were all just still pictures. Glad to know I wasn't doing anything wrong... I do think my Flash picture looks great as a still picture, though! 😆😆😆

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Iggly

I haven't been frequently checking NL compared to when the old design was still there. While I am a bit used to the new design now, I'm just not a big fan of it. I'll probably occasionally hang out around some threads, but I can't really see myself commenting on much of the articles anymore (or checking them) unless we get some changes over the next few days/weeks. Until then, I'll probably just get my news from some other sites and just look at NL's Youtube channel to keep up with NL's content.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

LordJumpMad

@Neko_Ichigofan:
I'm just the ghost of NL's past
May you be forever haunted by madness 😜

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Mowzle

Well, just visited here for the first time since Monday 8th, and I've now had a good grope around the new-style site. Suppose I'll get used to it, but not a big fan at the moment, and I can't find anywhere an article giving information about the changes, which I would have thought might be visible in the Editorial section.
I don't mind change when it's for the better, but some sort of "sticky" type list on the home page would be useful. At the moment everything feels totally anonymous and de-personalised. I really liked skimming down the old pages and readily being able to pick out news items or things of personal interest to me. I do see how the tabs at the top should be able to help with searching, but why does it all just feel like an amorphous blob? The fact that the users had to create a forum on the changes says something, surely?

Best place to hang out on a dull day? Nintendolife.

WiiWareWave

@Iggly I agree, heck I use Nintendo Life frequently as a source of information for my website and this design is really confusing to find the latest news stories, plus I can no longer comment in the articles on my Wii U browser...

I'll probably be spending less time here and more time on other sites unless some of the issues get fixed.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

I'm having to disable some plugins just to get on here...but is anyone else having issues with the site? Apparently AdGuard blocks the entire site for some reason...(and Avast removes some of the background or something...that Project X Zone pic)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

yokokazuo

I noticed that after I changed my banner that my gif stopped working for some reason. Currently using a regular picture now instead.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

DefHalan

How do you close the side menu? When I check my notifications I don't see a way to close the menu.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.