Forums

Topic: This website redesign!

Posts 141 to 160 of 213

Chris720

It looks really good and honestly, it was needed. Not a huge fan of mobile format web design on PC, but I can get used to it. It feels less cluttered, it looks nicer, feels more spacious with the big borders on either side and it feels good to use so far.

To be honest, with this new design I might actually want to use this site again...

Edited on by Chris720

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

@Chris720: Do you even play on Nintendo Systems these days? Nice to see a post from you btw!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

andybunn

L O V I N G T H E N E W L I F E L O O K

Boocooliotastic

6ch6ris6

wow the new design looks even worse on my 3DS. like a crashed site.
the former design worked really well on my 3DS. i used to visit this site with my 3DS a lot

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

May_Nyan

I don't like this redesign at all. It's uncomfortable and horrible to navigate.

May_Nyan

Tiredman

Yeah, I am not digging the redesign either. It is way too unwieldy and makes too many things happen that I don't want to happen. I am primarily a pc browser since I prefer gaming on the phone and reading my news on my pc. Been coming to this site for a long while, first time I posted, and the entire reason is this new layout is just irksome.

Tiredman

dAvecaster

Oh no the banner isn't even disappearing on the way down any more. Just tried watching the wiifit skate board video and couldn't quite get the whole size of the video frame on screen. Any chance of a 'turn off banner' button? Or better yet getting rid of it permanently?

dAvecaster

Chris720

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@Chris720: Do you even play on Nintendo Systems these days? Nice to see a post from you btw!

Haha, not anymore... I should probably get back onto the Nintendo bandwagon, but I've been kinda busy lol. Getting married and all, kinda gets in the way of games haha.

I still play on PC and Vita occasionally, but games aren't really all that interesting to me anymore. Don't get as much enjoyment from them as I used to. I suppose I kinda had to grow out of them at some point lol.

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

yokokazuo

One thing I noticed is that it still shows my previous icon in the corner with the drop down menu. For those that have changed their profile pictures, is it still your previous one?

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Rumorlife

Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Backend fetch failed

Guru Meditation:

XID: 246644750

Varnish cache server

I'm scared

Rumorlife

LaserdiscGal

@yokokazuo Yeah my avatar is still my old one in the corner, not sure why.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

DefHalan

@yokokazuo: @Waluigi: I just realized mine is my old one too... I kinda like it but it is a bug lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

yokokazuo

@DefHalan @Waluigi @Morpheel
Hmm, I do remember that in the old version it would sometimes show the old avatar of someone after they posted in the forums recently in the list that was on the right side of the page. It would usually go back to normal though after a few days.

yokokazuo

Spoony_Tech

@Chris720: You're married.....that's Awesome! Glad to hear things seem to be going well for you.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

DefHalan

The more I use the site on a desktop, the more I dislike the redesign... but the redesign on my phone is pretty nice.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

LaserdiscGal

I've come around to the redesign for the most part, there are a few minor gripes I still have, but overall new the additions are quite nice.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

yokokazuo

@Waluigi same, I hope that the most recent forum posts can be seen on the side again though.

Also my current profile picture now shows up in the corner of the drop down menu.

yokokazuo

Iggly

When it comes to reading the actual articles, I usually stick with using the Wii U since the top bar doesn't constantly appear/disappear when you scroll through the article or comments unlike the PC version. I occasionally use NL on my laptop, but only to quickly respond to some forum posts since that bar really annoys me lol. Overall the new site has been getting much better over the past few days since plenty of issues has been addressed like the previous button not showing up in the forums.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

Socar

There are some flaws with this new site.

• When you click your mail here, it still marks it as unread that you haven't read the post where someone replies to you.
  • It still has basic search problems when searching for posts and articles.

Besides those, nothing seems wrong. I can get used to it..... I just don't understand why websites need to change. I mean, if you announcing news, what reason do they have to change the interface that we're so used to? Youtube is even worse compared to this.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.