Forums

Topic: The Newbie Introductions Thread

Posts 2,361 to 2,372 of 2,372

wafflesngravy

Just signed up! Been away from gaming for probably 20 years but recently bought a switch and so far having a great time! Which forum is the best place to ask dumb newbie game related questions?

wafflesngravy

New_Guest

Welcome!

I think you can ask in the Nintendo switch forum in any game topic or so, most people are cool so just ask any question you have

By the way Waffle and gravy, what kind of gravy do you eat your waffle with? Im from the land of waffles so im curious, i heard they eat waffles with fried chicken in the usa

Edited on by New_Guest

New_Guest

wafflesngravy

@New_Guest it's a saying a friend and I came up with as kids, I can't remember what it meant or why we thought it was so funny to say it, just stuck with me.

@Louise29
So far we have only played MK8D but been having a lot of fun with it the last 3 weeks. We just bought the Switch to play with our daughter and plan to get into some other games soon. I really wanna play Zelda, but beyond that we're not sure yet. We do like couch coop games so plan to look at some of those.

wafflesngravy

ReaderRagfish

wafflesngravy wrote:

Which forum is the best place to ask dumb newbie game related questions?

Depends. If it's related to a specific game, search to see if there's a thread dedicated to that game and ask there. If it's about game recommendations, we have a thread for that: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/nintendo-switch/the_switch...
If it's about general questions about the Switch itself, you can ask in the Nintendo Switch thread at http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/nintendo-switch/what_do_yo... or just make a new thread in the Switch section.

Welcome aboard, by the way!

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Wiimmfi Friend Codes: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/2019_wiids_friend_code_thread
Wii/DS games online post shutdown

New_Guest

@wafflesngravy

haha alright as for couch coop game, you could try Arms, its really a fun game, very good Nintendo and theres a demo for it on the eshop too

New_Guest

SockJones

Hello there lovely people. I'm a longtime gamer, never did enjoy much online gaming, but I'm mildly interested, my switch friend code is SW-8494-3977-5872. I'll pop it in the Switch friend code sharing forum as well. I'm currently in the process of updating my owned games list, of which there is a lot.
I have a Wii, Wii U, 3DS and a Switch.

I grew up owning a Sega Genesis, and my best friend had the Super Nintendo. The first system I bought with my own money was the Sega Dreamcast on launch day. I still love that system dearly.

I also have the whole run of Sony consoles except the original, PSP or Vita. I strictly do not play online on Sony devices, just not my cup of tea, at all.

I am interested in the Nintendo Life community due to our shared interest and general pleasant attitude I've observed in the comments, and it's international flavor. I'm in the US, but please don't hold that against me. This is my only "social-media" or account on any type of related site, I did have a facebook but I got rid of it and life has been better off for it!

Looking forward to being a part of the Nintendo community.

SockJones

Switch Friend Code: SW-8494-3977-5872 | My Nintendo: Sock Jones | Nintendo Network ID: Sock Jones

CurryPowderKeg79

Welcome @SockJones to the club and good luck with the online gaming.

..............(FAVORITE)...............
Game: Killer Instinct (Arcade)
Quote: Stupid is as stupid does.
Movie: The Shawshank Redemption.
Food & Drink: Sirloin Steak & Light Beer.
Band: Green Day

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

Rambler

Hello all!
I'm a long-time lurker, but thought that I may as well put my head above the parapet.
I'm a casual gamer, but have been round for a while.
Started with a black rubber fetish ZX Spectrum 48k, then a Speccy +3 (with multiface!)
Since then I've had a very old-school PC, Gameboy, Dreamcast, GameCube, DS, Wii, and currently a Switch.
I've also played on friends Amstrads C64s, SNESs, Megsdrives, Amigas, Atari STs, PS1/2/3, Lynxs, Jaguars, Gamegears.
I'm totally lacking Xbox experience of any iteration, and I don't think I've even seen a PS4 in the wild

As you may be able to tell from my old-schoolish background, side-scrollers are my fave, with Starquake, Cybernoid, Ghouls n Ghosts, Strider, Guwange among them. I love the idea of Saboteur on the Switch, but not with it being just a data dump. Third person games are a fave as well, so am, er, hoping to rebuy a load of past Zeldas for the Switch soon.
Currently Dark Souls and BOTW are taking up my time, with a bit of Ikaruga thrown in. In the future it will hopefully be Battle Princess Madelyn and Gris (maybe Wind Waker?).

Rambler

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic