Forums

Topic: The Newbie Introductions Thread

Posts 2,381 to 2,400 of 2,622

A-lex

Hello to everybody. I'm new to this forum. For 33 years I have been following Nintendo collecting its consoles and video games.

A-lex

Sugarkist

Hey everyone, I registered on here last year then completely forgot about it (I still looked at the news on the website though!)

Love Nintendo games - although I'm a late starter with most of them as its only within the last couple of years that I've really got into it now I've got more money to spend on hobbies. Have a Switch and a 3DS (as well as a Wii and Wii U that don't get played anymore) also have a PS4.

I'm in my 30's and from the UK. Looking forward to getting to know people on here, I'll try to remember I'm registered this time!! Don't get much time to post due to work but I'll get online when I can

Sugarkist

Hi New Guest and thanks for the welcome!

I like to play platformers mainly, but I also like racing, action adventure and puzzle games. I'm just getting a feel for everything I like at the moment, not really played a large range of video games in the past and have only started playing Mario games in the last year, I feel like I've missed out on so much! Can't believe I've let so much time get wasted by not playing Mario over the last 30 years of my life!

What about you?

gosu

hey everyone, grew up splattered all over the console gaming landscape mainly nintendo & playstation (siblings became the xbox heads - tho JSRF was legendary). mainly was just a gameboy [pokemon, golden sun, final fantasy remakes, some kirby]/n64 [wwf no mercy, mario kart, nfl blitz, zelda, etc] kid nintendo wise growing up as well as PS2 [dark cloud, final fantasy, wrestling games, okage: shadow king].
ps3 was the last of my "on top of games" things and that ended with skyrim & a relationship lol. switch/2ds XL and "sibling bonding" bought me back in. most my switch time been pokemon (sword/lets go), xenoblade 2, breath of the wild, witcher 3, dead by daylight, and some smash/power rangers battle for the grid mixed in lol
hope all is well.

Edited on by gosu

jawn michaels, heart broke kid

fizzle-list

Hi everyone, I have been reading the site for a while now finally made an account . Am in my late 30s from the uk have played nintendo from the original nes and gameboy , but along with either sega or playstation . Still own some of my older consoles that still work and a ps4 but don't they get used very often.

I have always enjoyed platform games and love a blast on mario kart.

fizzle-list

Von_Spaun

Greetings everyone. I'm an Australian male in my late 30's, have been posting on the site's article comments for a while now and decided to jump on the forum as well. My first handheld was an Atari Lynx and first console was a Sega Master System II, which was followed by a SNES and ever since then I've been a Nintendo gamer mostly. I enjoy PC gaming too although I have been taking a break from that due to PC troubles; when I get a new desktop rig I will no doubt get back into that scene (as my Steam library has been neglected for far too long now).
And as for my PS4, well it mainly just collects a lot of dust these days.
My favourite genre overall is definitely RPG's but I do enjoy a lot of other types of games including (but not limited to) platformers, some FPS's, racing and adventure games. Lately I've been getting back into my Wii U collection of almost 40 physical games plus a bunch of digital purchases, as I hadn't played Xenoblade Chronicles X in quite a while... it's definitely an underrated console in my opinion. I've had a Switch since day one and it has served me well - I have put many, many hours into my Switch library and I don't think that will stop anytime soon.

Edited on by Von_Spaun

Von_Spaun

Dawilson123

Hi everyone, I have been collecting consoles and emulators for a couple of years now and have about 80 in my collection. A big chunk of them are Nintendo consoles and portables.

Anyway, I thought I would join and see how Nintendolife is!

A Nintendo fan?
1. SNES x3
2. SNES Mini
3. N64
4. Converted NTSC to PAL N64
5. Nintentendo Wii U
6. Modded Gamecube
7. DMG
8. GBC
9. GBA
10. GBA SP
11. GB Micro
12. DSi
13. 2DS
14. 3DS XL
15. Switch

NapiLinkJC

Hey everyone, 33 year old life long Nintendo fan from the immediate NYC area. Have loved Nintendo and it’s game since I was about 6 years old when my father brought home the family NES with the “Power Pack” which had SMB, Duck Hunt, and Track Meet on one cartridge and came with the light zapper and power pad. I still remember my Dad showed me the secret 1up mushroom in world 1-1after telling me a friend from work showed him how to find it. I also remember us making the house shake during Track Meet while running on the Power Pad pissing my mother off to no end lol. Since those early memories the company and it’s IPs have been in my blood.

I have owned NES, Game and Watch, SNES, Gameboy Color, N64, Game Boy Advance SP, Wii and now loving my Switch. Only really jumped ship when GameCube released due to at the time I was just turning 14 and 9/11 had just happened (which had a direct impact for me and my family) I just didn’t want something so explicitly for children; I felt I had “grown-up” and the fact that Zelda Wind Waker came out looking like a Saturday morning cartoon and Mario was doing community service with a water gun in the Caribbean and it just overall it felt more directly aimed at kids than the N64; I felt Nintendo had gone backwards. I now understand that the GameCube was a great under appreciated system with amazing games, but at that time Nintendo had lost me; I made the jump to PS2. But even on the PS2 I looked for RPG’s in the vein of Zelda, to no avail purchasing Summoner (UGH), and platformers like Mario in Crash Bandicoot and Spyro but none of them held me interest. I loved my PS2 an still do but it just wasn’t the same. I wasn’t into playing “movie” video games and still really not.

Nintendo got me back with the Wii and I haven’t looked back. I never got the Wii U due to the fact it wasn’t really something I felt I needed or wanted. Also at the time Hurricane Sandy had just happened weeks before it’s release and again directly effected me, my family and my City where i volunteered so I had little interest or desire to purchase a new gaming machine. Also I was starting a new job in the career I had always wanted and starting a new relationship so there was just no room for it in my life when I think back. I do have a PS3 that I bought from a friend in 2013 and I still have it plugged in on my entertainment center and still use it.

This brings me to the Switch. I have THROWN myself into this system and am unabashedly hooked on it. It is easily my Top 3 favorite consoles ever and the games I have just connect across every generation of my memories all the way back to the NES. Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, DK Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart, Smash, Sonic Mania (I had a Game Gear too), Tetris, Ring Fit, NES and SNES online, Rocket League, Fortnite and now waiting on Animal Crossing and Luigi’s Mansion 3 to get here from Amazon( I prefer physical copies) to help get me through this global pandemic and quarantine. I just have all the news games I want (do still want to get Cuphead, Ori, Wolfenstein II, etc..) and games I remember from my childhood with NES and SNES online just making me insanely happy and nostalgic.

Didn’t mean to ramble on but I’m just happy where I am with my life right now and my Switch has fit into my life perfectly and it’s form factor and design is perfect for a 30 something single guy living in NYC with a busy career and social life. It ties my love of video games and these characters across my life thus far together in the prefect way possible. I don’t have the time to sit on the couch for hours and pour myself into a game while ignoring the world like I was able to do as a child and young teen. For my life as a busy, working, active social and dating life, sport playing adult - the Switch is my way to play.

Stay safe everyone and I hope to get to know all of you soon.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0086-9314-8714

Switch Name: NapiLinkJC

dustinb12

@NapiLinkJC Hi! Well we are close to the same age, and it looks like we parallel pretty close. I went through the same feelings on the gamecube, but came back later and Wind Waker/Sunshine are still my favorite games. Just wanted to say good luck during this virus fiasco. I myself am 2.5 hours away from New Orleans, so im sure holding my breath watching.

SW-7405-4295-8509

Beaucine

Hello, all. Lifelong gamer and Nintendo fan. I want to say I owned a NES, but in Argentina, where I'm from, no one had a real NES console. We had the Family Game, a knock-off from China or Korea. I did get a genuine SNES, though, later on. And then an N64. Afterwards, I jumped ship to the PS2, until I became a PC gamer around 2007. The Switch is my first console since then, not counting a second-hand PS3 I got a few years back. Breath of the Wild is to blame.

Anyway, I play lots of different types of games, and love discovering classics I missed out on back in the day. My diet's usually pretty varied, in terms playing very old, old, not-so-old, kind-of-new, and new games, interchangeably.

Hope to get to know people here in our age of social distancing.

Beaucine

minibitminibit

Hello!

I am a lifelong Nintendo fan here! I only own Nintendo consoles and really love the Nintendo community. I feel like we are really a family and while we may have our disagreements...we will always help a fellow member in need. Just a bit about my message board history. I started out on Wii U Daily Forums (which has been shut down). I then went to Nintendo Playgrounds forum (but can't seem to find it anymore, not sure if it got shut down). Hopefully, i will make a home here. If anyone is from those old forums...feel free to say hi.

Once again, I really hope to be a contributing member to this board. While I may not visit everyday, I hope I can contribute.

minibitminibit

n30s

Hello everybody. For years i have been playing on my Xbox, and sometimes on the PC, but last month i decided to buy a Nintendo Switch (mostly for the Mario games). Currently i am playing Super Mario Bros Deluxe and Mario Party but i intend to buy all of then (unfortunately they are expensive and i i will buy then one by one, over the coming months). In the meantime i discovered some other interesting and fun (multiplayer) games on Switch which.
Also, the Nintendo Switch got me so excited about Nintendo games that i started a Youtube channel with videos from my daily game play.

n30s

AJL76

Hey there everyone. I signed up here year or two ago and have been idle. I now want to change that. I love this site and enjoy just about every Nintendo Life video that pops up in my YouTube notifications.

A little about me: I'm a middle-aged guy whose been gaming for 40yrs now. My first experience with Nintendo was with Donkey Kong (arcade) way back in 1981. I've been a diehard Nintendo fan since around 1988. I will admit that in my younger years I was a rabid Nintendo fanboy. But now with the passing of time my prior "fanboyness" has mellowed into just simply a loyal fan.
Though Nintendo is still my personal favorite I'm also a great fan of the XBOX line. I appreciate and enjoy Sony as well. Even though, to this day, I still despise the original PlayStation (sue me, it is what it is).

Anyway it's great to be apart of this community!

Edited on by AJL76

AJL76

Miles456

Hey ya'll! I signed up like two days ago but i've been in and out of this site for a while!
I have a lot of opinions on these games and I can't wait to share them with ya'll

Hopefully from a future writer lol

xxWeNxx

Hey all, xxWeNxx here.

uhhh, I like videogames and that's it.

xxWeNxx

My Nintendo: WeN

BabyYoda71

I’ve been here for a few weeks, but I just found this thread! Hello world!

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

shazbot

@BabyYoshi12 Same. Lol.

Hadn't looked in the general discussion thread ever until had a thread closed because it was duped here.

Relatively recent reader / lurker, even more recent chimer-in-er?

Had a Switch for the last 2.5 years, and it has grown into my favorite console, likely ever. It has single handedly gotten me back into gaming, after I had faded away (had/have an XbOne, but haven't played it hardly ever).

shazbot

JoeM103

@n30s You should put a link to your youtube channel in your signature. At the very least its a little free advertising and might get you more subs. Out of interest which multiplayer games did you pick up?

JoeM103

Switch Friend Code: SW-3487-3999-7859 | My Nintendo: Meadie

BabyYoda71

@n30s Yeah, you should! I have a link to my website and I’ve seen multiple people have links to their channels.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

MsToniB56

I am looking for people who are playing New Horizons from Animal Crossing.

MsToniB56

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic