TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

362. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Time to plunge into Mega man & Bass!
I'm rocking my sleek Pea coat(haha), my place is sparkly clean and I just finished reading the basic plot/story for Mega Man & Bass Online. :p

Time to destroy King and take down Pirate man, yargh Maytee! muhaha. Really though, I'm excited! MM & Bass along with MM7 are the only 2 classic Mega Man games I've never played. My memories with 5 and 6 are pretty damn clouded and I never actually finished 6 as well. I'll give those a shot whenever they hit the VC...Could be a long time. Yikes!

Don't let me down Mega Man & Bass, please don't be another MM8 :p.

MM&B does borrow alot of sprites and backgrounds from MM 8 but its a far better game. IMO it is what MM8 should be. The only thing I really like about 8 was the stage select music.

As for Enker if you are having problems maybe this might help.

Edited on by Tasuki

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Dezner

363. Posted:

Enker was definitely the pill of the MM10 Mega Man Killers for me. Though, the fact that I could only fight Enker for weeks and had to wait to fight the other two might have had something to do with that. :o

And yay, Roahm!

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

364. Posted:

Well I've managed to plow my way through 4 robot masters and in no way was it easy...Aside from Cold man who was a complete wussy. Yet Ground Man's stage kept kicking my mainly because of that room full of statues which you're supposed to blow up in a certain order before the moving spikes get you. I honestly lost count based on how many times i died on that part.

Anyways, Cold, Tengue, Ground and Pirate man are toast, yippie! :p Really though, based on the experience so far It's been pretty solid. Definitly a smidge better than MM8, but like MM8 I'm not feeling the music. MM8 had that distinct Japanese bubble gum tencho-like ambience going on, while MM & Bass has more of a weird static-y electronic like sound going on. Either way, I'm not a big fan of either of them. Yet Pirate and Tengue man had some catchy beats and I could definitly hear the potential, but the way they were done with that use of sound just seperates it from previous Mega Man games and doesn't sound as good to the ears, and in no way does the music pump you up...It's just there, it's mellow and somewhat captures the setting and atmosphere.

As for the difficulty, this has definitly got to be one of the most challenging and frusturating Mega Man games I've ever played. Like reviewers have said, it feels like this game was designed and built more around Bass.....And I'm playing as Mega Man and some levels can be confusing, like Tengue man's for example.

As for the controls, they don't quite feel as satisfying and tight as they do in MM9 or MM10, but they get the job done. Mind you, I'm playing this on the DS Lite, and the B and A buttons are smaller and more cramped together making it a bit harder and alittle more uncomfortable when compared to playing it on the GBA. So I have that slightly going against me. Hell my right hand starts to hurt and cramp up here and there because of it. It definitly feels better playing this game on the GBA SP....But the GBA SP has horrible color, mediocre brightness and crappy contrast. :p If only I could switch B to 'X' and A to 'B' then the controls would feel much better.

Anyways, I'm going to try and finish the game tomorrow. And I could care less about collecting those CD's...And I NEVER ever bother using the Shop, I don't want to make the experience any less challenging, i like my games hard hehe.

And holly hell is Burner man an ! And II still haven't tried out Astro, Magic or Dynamo man's stages yet. But the most enjoyable stage I found so far was probably Ground man's, the rest seemed decent, but again they feel like they were designed with Bass in mind.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

365. Posted:

@Waveboy

Hah, yeah, it took me years, and I mean it, years to beat just Burner Man. The other Robot Masters fell pretty quickly afterwards, but it's still one of the most challenging Mega Man games I've ever played. And I haven't even tried it as Mega Man yet.

Also I'm surprised you went with Ground Man. I would've saved him for later, myself. Then again, that was with Bass...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

366. Posted:

Burner Man is a pain if you don't use Cold Man's weapon properly. I believe it's Cold Man's weapon anyway. As a seasoned Mega Man veteran, I found MM&B to be irritating the first few times I played it. It was tough just getting to some of the bosses at first.

I second the Roahm yay.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

367. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

@Waveboy

Hah, yeah, it took me years, and I mean it, years to beat just Burner Man. The other Robot Masters fell pretty quickly afterwards, but it's still one of the most challenging Mega Man games I've ever played. And I haven't even tried it as Mega Man yet.

Also I'm surprised you went with Ground Man. I would've saved him for later, myself. Then again, that was with Bass...

Ya normally I always choose the water themed bosses first and then the air based. Yet I totaly forgot after beating Cold man that i had more of a selection, instead I thought I only had a choice between Astro and Ground. :p the typical 8 Boss selection screen would of been nice Capcom. And years hey?....Well, that's Bass for ya.lol His shots are weaker and take probably twice as long to do the same amount of damage as Mega Man's.

StuffyStuff wrote:

Burner Man is a pain if you don't use Cold Man's weapon properly. I believe it's Cold Man's weapon anyway. As a seasoned Mega Man veteran, I found MM&B to be irritating the first few times I played it. It was tough just getting to some of the bosses at first.

I second the Roahm yay.

Yep, MM & Bass definitly can be irritating....Stage design wise. The Boss battles have been a blast so far. Ground man for me was easily the most fun and intense. Cold man was a complete push over, Tengue man was basically the same as in MM8 and I wasn't crazy over it, while Pirate Man was defninitly tricky and unique. I had a bit of a problem trying to get away from his mine attacks, but I got the hang of it and luckily took him down. Meanwhile Burner man finished me off in a matter of seconds the 2 times I went up against him.

But ya, I've never found any MM game as irritating as this one....I dont know, it's just easier to get hit in this one for some reason. :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

368. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Gyro man's beautiful sky stage(although a smidge generic in design) has giant robo chickens, which automaticly makes MM5 one of the greatest MM games.

Those giant chicken robots appear in plenty of other stages (along with practically every other enemy in the game. I mean, really, where are the clever stage specific enemies? Not in MM5, that's for sure) so calling them part of Gyro Man's stage isn't entirely correct. Plus, all the games have some sort of giant animal, such as giant cats (MM3), giant Tigers (MM5), giant fish (MM2), and even giant cuddly Pandas (MM6). Giant Chickens are quite unique, so they at least have that going for them.

Take into consideration that I haven't played MM5 in a LONG time, I'm talking years ago so I guess I'm not exactly the best person to be basing an overall opinion on the game. Yet based on my memories I definitly enjoyed it more than 4, 10 and 8. :p Anyways, giant chickens just can't compare to MM2's fire spitting Robo Dogs hehe. Anyways, that's lame to hear that those giant chickens appear in multiple levels, lazyness on Capcom's part....The most creative enemy in any Mega Man game for me easily had to of been those giant floating Red devil-like heads in Air Man's stage, that level was flat out wonderful.

But.Aghhh, I wish capcom would just release it already on the VC, it's getting pretty ridiculous...And I don't wan't to drop $50 for a copy on eBay.

Yeah, I suppose since you haven't played it in so long you wouldn't remember everything. I just played it recently, so it's fresher in my mind.

And I got my copy of Mega Man 5 for 15 bucks off eBay. Has the price gone up or something? Granted, I did see plenty of high-priced ones when I was looking (usually around $30 or so), but fifty? That's the kind of price you'd see on Mega Man X3 or Mega Man 7.

Beep.
That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

369. Posted:

Dragoon wrote:

Ugh, Enker is IMPOSSIBLE in MM10. Is he weak to anything at all?

I'm fairly certain he's weak to the Ballade Cracker, just like Punk is weak to the Mirror Buster, and Ballade is weak to the Screw Crusher. And it took me forEVER to beat Enker! You only get one chance, then you have to go through the stage all over again to get another shot at fighting him (it got old fast). After I beat him, I never went back to his stage.

Beep.
That is all.

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

370. Posted:

15 bucks for MM5 is really cheap. Usually I see it between 35 and 50 on Ebay. A local shop had it for 25. It's the only game I don't have in cart form. I got MMV for the GB for 5 bucks on Ebay, shipping included. Was pretty shocked when I saw it with such a low buy it now price. I thought it was gonna be a manual or something.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

371. Posted:

@MegaStoneSmash91: I dont know what it goes for since I dont have a NES (I let my mom have mine when I moved out years ago. She still plays Tetris and Dr Mario on it even to this day) I dont really bother looking for NES cartridges.

@StuffyStuff: Wow 5 bucks that is a good deal. I played MMV on GB years ago when I borrowed it from a friend. Maybe I will look for that game one of these days.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

372. Posted:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Gyro man's beautiful sky stage(although a smidge generic in design) has giant robo chickens, which automaticly makes MM5 one of the greatest MM games.

Those giant chicken robots appear in plenty of other stages (along with practically every other enemy in the game. I mean, really, where are the clever stage specific enemies? Not in MM5, that's for sure) so calling them part of Gyro Man's stage isn't entirely correct. Plus, all the games have some sort of giant animal, such as giant cats (MM3), giant Tigers (MM5), giant fish (MM2), and even giant cuddly Pandas (MM6). Giant Chickens are quite unique, so they at least have that going for them.

Take into consideration that I haven't played MM5 in a LONG time, I'm talking years ago so I guess I'm not exactly the best person to be basing an overall opinion on the game. Yet based on my memories I definitly enjoyed it more than 4, 10 and 8. :p Anyways, giant chickens just can't compare to MM2's fire spitting Robo Dogs hehe. Anyways, that's lame to hear that those giant chickens appear in multiple levels, lazyness on Capcom's part....The most creative enemy in any Mega Man game for me easily had to of been those giant floating Red devil-like heads in Air Man's stage, that level was flat out wonderful.

But.Aghhh, I wish capcom would just release it already on the VC, it's getting pretty ridiculous...And I don't wan't to drop $50 for a copy on eBay.

Yeah, I suppose since you haven't played it in so long you wouldn't remember everything. I just played it recently, so it's fresher in my mind.

And I got my copy of Mega Man 5 for 15 bucks off eBay. Has the price gone up or something? Granted, I did see plenty of high-priced ones when I was looking (usually around $30 or so), but fifty? That's the kind of price you'd see on Mega Man X3 or Mega Man 7.

I think I'd rather spend $5 for it on the VC whenever it becomes available, and if I enjoy it as much as I did
back in the day, I'd definitly plunk the cash down for an actual NES copy of MM5 on eBay. For now, I have cartridges for
MM2, MM4, MM & Bass, and MMX. And I don't want my copy of MM4, as it's one of my least favorite MM games, and I had MM3 but I sold it a few years ago.. :P Yet I definitly wan't to add MM1 and maybe MM5 to my collection.

Anyways! Back to MM & Bass.....Now we all know how big of a pain in the Burner man is, and I still can't beat him, let alone land a hit on him for the most part and I'd like to say I'm pretty damn good at MM. Then there's Magic Man.....I can't beat him with Mega's standard pea shooter, there's just no way....He keeps running across the screen randomly and it's hard to jump over him. So I had to slice his bunz down with Tengue Man's weapon hehe. I'd imagine beating the Bosses with Bass would be a much easier. And I still haven't played Dynamo man's stage yet. I'll hopefully have the game finished by tonight once I give it another go.

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

373. Posted:

You have to use the ice weapon and push Burner Man into the spikes with it. If he's not on the screen when you do it, the spikes don't damage him. He's still a pain because he moves so fast, but that's the way you get him.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

Dezner

374. Posted:

Hehe, the King stages alone might make it longer then one night to finish! :o

...Yeah, they were hard the first time around.

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

375. Posted:

Ya, I couldn't even finish this one in 2 nights. ;p I spent around 3 hours each night at the most playing it, and some of the stages were seriously kicking my . Too bad Rockman & Forte for the SNES isn't on the VC, because I'd rather be playing that instead on the big screen, rather than on a dinky little hand held. :p

Anyways, so far I find it pretty decent. Definitly not one of the greatest mega man's, but not one of the worst either. Some of the stage design is spotty, yet others are pretty solid. But I prefer my Mega Man 8-bit, it's just much more exciting along with the awesome chip tunes.

As far as the music goes, Pirate and Tengue man's tracks so far have to be my favorite.
And StuffyStuff, thanks for the tip. ;)

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

376. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Too bad Rockman & Forte for the SNES isn't on the VC, because I'd rather be playing that instead on the big screen, rather than on a dinky little hand held. :p

You can always get a Gamecube and a Gameboy Player to solve that problem.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

377. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Too bad Rockman & Forte for the SNES isn't on the VC, because I'd rather be playing that instead on the big screen, rather than on a dinky little hand held. :p

You can always get a Gamecube and a Gameboy Player to solve that problem.

Unless the Game Boy Player doesn't fix the screen cutting that had to be done in order to port the game to GBA.....which I'm pretty sure it doesn't. It'd be nice to use the GC controller though, since playing it on a DS is somewhat uncomfortable. (I've never had a Game Boy Player, let alone a Game Boy, so I could be wrong)

And yeah, I would really, REALLY like to see Rockman & Forte on VC (especially if they translated it). It would be an insta-buy for me.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

AuthorMessage

Kaeobais

378. Posted:

http://blog.pikimal.com/geek/files/2010/11/megaManMix.png

The best strategy in the game: go up stairs and pause balls.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

379. Posted:

That is Epic. EPIC

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

380. Posted:

Bah, I'm not interested in the Game Boy player, not just because of the boarder around the screen but the fact that you would have to use a gamecube controller to play it. Unless you get a SNES Retro port and use your SNES controller which would be pretty damn nice, but meh.

Anyways, I'm loving MM & Bass right now. I finally took down Dynamo and Burner man with my pea shooter. Burner man was no easy task, but I managed to do a combination of my power shots and ice attacks and it worked like a charm....er, sort of. Then again I got alittle lucky near the end. But yep, those two battles were pretty damn tricky and intense! Their patterns and the way they fight are some of the best battles I've ever had in a MM game before.

And I've noticed that MM9 borrowed a bit from the weapons selection in MM & Bass. And speaking of the weapon selection, i absolutely LOVE MM & Bass's weapons. They're some of the best in the franchise. Burner man's flame feels so great to use, definitly has to be my favorite. The controllable remote minds are awesome(simular to Jewel Man's black hole weapon in MM9) along with the Magic cards and most of the others.

So now I've beaten all of the Robot Masters and I'm at the end of King's stage 2...Against King. and I can't beat the guy! The worst part about it, is that when you lose all of your lives you have to face that giant Robot again twice...The second time fighting against him was a real pain in the , hopping on those platforms while dodging those freakin flying robo fists was driving me nuts.lol

Guess I'll be saving this for tomorrow, since I played none stop for more than 3 hours tonight. :p