General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Showing 341 to 360 of 1,569

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

341. Posted:

I guess I never worried about dying that much to get that many extra lives. It'd be a real drag if you had 98 lives heading into the final Wily fight and you ran out of Bubble Lead.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

342. Posted:

StuffyStuff wrote:

I guess I never worried about dying that much to get that many extra lives. It'd be a real drag if you had 98 lives heading into the final Wily fight and you ran out of Bubble Lead.

I've never worried about dying that much either, I just wanted to know what the limit was. I don't see how anyone would ever get that many 1-ups while playing normally (without farming). It makes sense why the limit was set to 9 for the rest of the games; you just don't need to have an unnecessary stockpile of 98 lives. As for the Bubble Lead situation, if the energy bar was anywhere near being empty, I would start using the unlimited energy glitch. That way, as long as you have at least one unit of energy left for the Bubble Lead, you can beat the Alien without resorting to getting a game over (and you really wouldn't want to sit there and kill yourself 98 times, might as well just stop playing).

Beep.
That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

343. Posted:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

StuffyStuff wrote:

I've never worried about dying that much either, I just wanted to know what the limit was. I don't see how anyone would ever get that many 1-ups while playing normally (without farming). It makes sense why the limit was set to 9 for the rest of the games; you just don't need to have an unnecessary stockpile of 98 lives. As for the Bubble Lead situation, if the energy bar was anywhere near being empty, I would start using the unlimited energy glitch. That way, as long as you have at least one unit of energy left for the Bubble Lead, you can beat the Alien without resorting to getting a game over (and you really wouldn't want to sit there and kill yourself 98 times, might as well just stop playing).

I think it would be quicker just to hit the reset button and start over with the Password for Wilys Castle and get back to the Alien than to kill yourself 98 times lol.

Edited on by Tasuki

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

344. Posted:

Agreed.

I know we speculate about what Mega Man 11 will have, if it's to come out which I think we're all in agreement is an absolute, but there's one thing that the series has never had....Ride Armor. The closest thing the original games had was the Rush Marine, the jet ski in Wave Man's stage, and I can't remember if it's 7 or 8 where you fly around with Auto and shoot everything, but the latter two have little freedom and the Rush Marine is pretty freakin useless. Would you like to see some sort of Ride Armor in the next game?

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

345. Posted:

Ride Armor is interesting but it would probably end up like Rush Jet or Rush Marine, that is something that you only use in a certain situation. I wouldnt like to use it through a whole level but thats just me. An interesting concept though.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

346. Posted:

Yeah, I like how they used it in Sting Chameleon's stage. Maybe it would be cool to have one to only fight a mini boss or something. Rush had all of these mods starting in MM5 and I'm glad they went back to the MM3 one (which also had the best Rush Jet imo.) Who knows, Capcom is taking suggestions on Mega Man Legends 3, maybe they'll ask for our input on the MM11!

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

347. Posted:

@StuffyStuff: Yeah I kinda remember the ride armor in MMX its been awhile since I played it but yeah it was a nice little addition to the series.

Yeah we have discussed several times throughout this thread of how the Rush mods changed throughout the series. I have to say MM5 was the worst one of them all particularly how they made the Rush coil more like a pogo stick rather than the jumping board type in MM3 and MM4. I have to agree with you Stuffy that MM3 did have the best Rush jet but that was mainly due to the fact that you got to control how it moved. I dont like how in later series the Rush jet would take off as soon as you stepped on it and it would keep going untill it hit a wall or ran out of energy. I did like the Rush jet in MM6 though even though I really didnt like how they made Rush combine into Megaman but I did like how the Rush jet handled over the way it previously handled.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

348. Posted:

Again I'll agree with you Tasuki that the Rush Jet in MM6 was pretty cool. It's too bad you had to have it to get the BEAT parts, but I never use Beat so I can't complain. I apologize for bringing up the Rush thing again. There's been so much we've discussed I can't retain it all.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

349. Posted:

@StuffyStuff: Lol no worries. I bring up alot of stuff to that I forget that we talked about earlier. I have never really used Beat in any of the games either, unless you count in MM7 I think it is, where if you fall down a pit Beat will come and rescue you. Personally I wish they would bring Tango back. His only appearance was in MM 5 for Game Boy which was the only Megaman Game Boy game I liked cause it wasnt a remake of an earlier NES one.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

350. Posted:

MMV is one of the best games ever made, and that's coming from a Mega Man enthusiast. I really wish they would have gone through with the "Mega Man Mania" collection. All the GB games in color on one cartridge would have been sweet. The box art was pretty cool for it too. I don't buy the whole "we lost the coding for all the games" excuse Capcom made. Tango was cool btw.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

351. Posted:

MM5 beats out 4, 6 and 8 if you ask me. While 3 and 10 are somewhere in the middle zone for me...And I don't like my MM games dark and uncolorful....Which is what 3 and 10 represent. While 5 is more upbeat, organic and colorful and overall has better atmosphere if you ask me. Gyro man's beautiful sky stage(although a smidge generic in design) has giant robo chickens, which automaticly makes MM5 one of the greatest MM games.

Anyways! I'm finally going to pop Mega Man & Bass in my DS Lite today and give it a go. I only plan on beating the game with Mega, because it just doesn't feel right beating the game with anyone else. Let alone Bass left a bad taste in my mouth in MM10. I know he's a bit more fun to use in MM & Bass, but meh. :p And again where in the hell is MM5 on the VC!? what's taking Capcom so long?...

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

352. Posted:

The things you guys discuss when I don't get on here for a day!:D I can't really respond much to what you guys have said, but I do have these:

@StuffyStuff: It would be interesting to see Ride Armor appear in the Classic series, kind of like a crossover of some sort. However, I believe it should stay in the X series, unless they made a MM game that included things from every series, it would be the ultimate Mega Man crossover game.

@Tasuki: Tango actually appears in Mega Man 10, but isn't important in any way. Tango is found sitting on the counter in Proto Man's shop, so it's a cameo more than anything. Still neat, though. (You haven't started playing MM9 & 10 yet have you?)

Beep.
That is all.

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

353. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Gyro man's beautiful sky stage(although a smidge generic in design) has giant robo chickens, which automaticly makes MM5 one of the greatest MM games.

Those giant chicken robots appear in plenty of other stages (along with practically every other enemy in the game. I mean, really, where are the clever stage specific enemies? Not in MM5, that's for sure) so calling them part of Gyro Man's stage isn't entirely correct. Plus, all the games have some sort of giant animal, such as giant cats (MM3), giant Tigers (MM5), giant fish (MM2), and even giant cuddly Pandas (MM6). Giant Chickens are quite unique, so they at least have that going for them.

Beep.
That is all.

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

354. Posted:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Gyro man's beautiful sky stage(although a smidge generic in design) has giant robo chickens, which automaticly makes MM5 one of the greatest MM games.

Those giant chicken robots appear in plenty of other stages (along with practically every other enemy in the game. I mean, really, where are the clever stage specific enemies? Not in MM5, that's for sure) so calling them part of Gyro Man's stage isn't entirely correct. Plus, all the games have some sort of giant animal, such as giant cats (MM3), giant Tigers (MM5), giant fish (MM2), and even giant cuddly Pandas (MM6). Giant Chickens are quite unique, so they at least have that going for them.

Take into consideration that I haven't played MM5 in a LONG time, I'm talking years ago so I guess I'm not exactly the best person to be basing an overall opinion on the game. Yet based on my memories I definitly enjoyed it more than 4, 10 and 8. :p Anyways, giant chickens just can't compare to MM2's fire spitting Robo Dogs hehe. Anyways, that's lame to hear that those giant chickens appear in multiple levels, lazyness on Capcom's part....The most creative enemy in any Mega Man game for me easily had to of been those giant floating Red devil-like heads in Air Man's stage, that level was flat out wonderful.

But.Aghhh, I wish capcom would just release it already on the VC, it's getting pretty ridiculous...And I don't wan't to drop $50 for a copy on eBay.

Edited on by WaveWarlock

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

355. Posted:

@MegaStoneSmash91: Isnt that how it is you miss a day :P. Anyway no I havent had a chance to play MM9 or 10 yet I have a seriously big backloggery now lol and games like GoldenEye dont help that at all. Yeah I really dont count a cameo lol I would like to see him return as a playable character but oh well.

@StuffyStuff: Yeah I dont buy that whole we lost the coding bit either I am not sure why the say that I think releasing all the GB games in one collection would be a big seller but oh well.

@Waveboy: I agree with you on the lazyness on Capcoms part with the giant chickens. IMO MM5 just seems like a rushed (no pun intended) job to me for some reason it just didnt feel like it had the same quality of the other Megaman games, but maybe thats just me.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

356. Posted:

Time to plunge into Mega man & Bass!
I'm rocking my sleek Pea coat(haha), my place is sparkly clean and I just finished reading the basic plot/story for Mega Man & Bass Online. :p

Time to destroy King and take down Pirate man, yargh Maytee! muhaha. Really though, I'm excited! MM & Bass along with MM7 are the only 2 classic Mega Man games I've never played. My memories with 5 and 6 are pretty damn clouded and I never actually finished 6 as well. I'll give those a shot whenever they hit the VC...Could be a long time. Yikes!

Don't let me down Mega Man & Bass, please don't be another MM8 :p.

Edited on by WaveWarlock

AuthorMessage

TKOWL

357. Posted:

Ugh, Enker is IMPOSSIBLE in MM10. Is he weak to anything at all?

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter: TKOWL

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

358. Posted:

Dragoon wrote:

Ugh, Enker is IMPOSSIBLE in MM10. Is he weak to anything at all?

He's definitly a tricky one, I ended up lucking out and beating him on my first try. And to answer your question, I don't think so. :p And speaking of Enker, his stage's theme is awesome!

AuthorMessage

TKOWL

359. Posted:

@WaveBoy- But Punk's stage had the best music-

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter: TKOWL

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

360. Posted:

The whole premise behind Enker is that you have to use the Buster. He's definitely more annoying in MM10 than in Wily's Revenge. I think his stage being so hard makes him tough. Little room for error, at least for me.

@WaveBoy - MM&B is an awesome game. I don't like how it doesn't just let you pick whomever from the get go, but the level design is good, the bosses are generally difficult and the King levels are a blast. I hear a lot of people say the game is easier with Bass, but I don't find that to be true. I would say it's better than MM7 in almost every way. I want to get the GBA player for the GCN just so I can play MM&B like it was intended to...on the TV!

StuffyStuff