General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Showing 381 to 400 of 1,596

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

381. Posted:

Glad you're liking it more now, Waveboy.:) Those King Stage Boss battles do sound like a bit of a pain, I doubt I'd like them once I get there in my copy.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

382. Posted:

Personally I would have liked them to released a translated version of the SNES version of Mega & Bass on the Anniversary Collection instead of those Arcade games but oh well still a great collection.

Since we are on the subject I am just wonder how do you all pronounce Bass's American name?
Do you pronounce it Bass with the long "A" like a Bass guitar?
Or do you pronounce it Bass with the short "A" like the fish?

The reason I ask this is cause I have heard both ways of pronouncing it even in the games. Me personally I pronounce it with the long "A" cause that makes more sense especially since his wolf is called Treble.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

383. Posted:

"Base"

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

DannyBoyTheDude

384. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

"Base"

Concurred.

Megaloggery

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

385. Posted:

'Base' it tis'
On another note, As far as the toughest robot master goes....

Magic Man > Burner Man

He's the only Boss I couldn't take down with my pea shooter, his random running and Magic cards kicked my like there was no tomorrow. Anyways, as of now it's safe to say that this game beats out MM8. I even kind of prefer it over MM3, and definitly MM4. If I played the SNES version on my TV with the classic controller the experience and my overall(so far) opinion would be greater. But there's no way I'd wait for a VC release...

Edited on by theblackdragon

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

386. Posted:

DannyBoyTheDude wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

"Base"

Concurred.

That's how I say it too. It makes sense and fits in with the music themed names of most of the characters (Rock, Roll, Rush, etc.). It especially makes sense when you think about Treble. BASE & Treble sounds good (both music related), BASS & Treble does not (when did the characters start getting named after fish? NEVER)

Anyone who says "Bass" instead of "Base" is wrong, plain and simple. Also, using the fact that Mega Man says "Bass" in one of the MM8 cut scenes as evidence that it is pronounced that way is pointless. Think about how terrible most of the voice acting is in the game; the person who voiced Mega Man probably didn't even know how to say his name properly.

Beep.
That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

387. Posted:

King's goin down, and Capcom needs to release MM5 on the VC already! :p
Anyways, MegaStoneSmash91 where would you rank MM & Bass in the franchise? And who did you find more enjoyable to play as, Mega or Bass? I can't rank the game yet, as I havent exactly finished yet, let alone beat it with bass. But here's how I'd rank the ones I've beaten >

2, 9 and 1 are my favorites.
3 and 10 are in the 'meh' middle.
8 and 4 are at the bottom of the Robo Scrap pit.

These are of course just going by Mega Man Standards. The ones I find meh or the worst are still good games. And I need a total fresh experience with 5 and 6, because it's been so long. And MM7....I'm wondering if I should just plunk down the cash for a copy off eBay, which are pretty damn pricy...Or wait a million years for it to hit the VC. Damnit, i'm totaly itching to play that one!

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

TheLonelyGamer

388. Posted:

Dynamo Man is the hardest Robot Master in Mega Man history. Heck, Mega Man & Bass is the hardest Mega Man game ever, even harder than Mega Man 9.

3DS Friend Code: 1118 0249 3825
My Backloggery
My YouTube Channel
Nintendo Life Chat!

AuthorMessage

Kingbuilder

389. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

King's goin down, and Capcom needs to release MM5 on the VC already! :p

NO U

I agree with the need for MM5 for VC, though. Get off'a your butts Capcom. I'd rather buy MM5 than get an arcade port of Ghosts 'n Ghoblins. shakes fist

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

390. Posted:

TheLonelyGamer wrote:

Dynamo Man is the hardest Robot Master in Mega Man history. Heck, Mega Man & Bass is the hardest Mega Man game ever, even harder than Mega Man 9.

Dynamo Man was definitly a toughy and one of the more unique Bosses in the game. Since he can hop into his little life recharger chamber, where you then have to blow the sides off so he doesn't gain too much health back. Once you figure out his pattern he's not too hard. It's those damn sparks that always get me though, but I can't deny how fun he is to fight. :D

And every time I almost finished him he was on his last legs, and it was the same deal with me when I finally beat him.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

391. Posted:

@Waveboy: If you are worried about paying the 50 or whatever it was for a NES copy of MM5 than why not just buy the Anniversary Collection on Gamecube. You can probably find that for 20 bucks or so and it has all Megaman games 1-8 anyway. While there are some problems with it like some sound effects being louder than others and Megaman 7 having a different ending than the SNES version, they are still pretty faithful to the original carts. But than again I dont know if you are one that has to have the cartridges but otherwise you can save alot of money with the collection.

@MegaStoneSmash91: Thats what I figured it was pronounced Bass like the music. Anyway I was just curious what everyone called it cause I have heard other people call it Bass like the fish. It also didnt help on MM8 but like you said the person probably didnt even know what Megaman is.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

392. Posted:

vonseux wrote:

@Tasuki

oh, playing on the GameCube controller feels real bad... i think is better to wait the virtual console release
Im playing MMIV right now, only left with Willys Caslte ;)
About BASS, its easy... just remember all the references to music in the series; Rock & Roll

I dont know why everyone complains about the Gamecube controller for the Anniversary collection yeah the buttons are reversed but you get use to them after awhile. Besides who knows IF it will come to the VC yeah they brought out MM1-4 but in many circles those were the best ones. And dont say they are cause they brought out MM1-4 and it will be stupid for them to not finish off the series, look at all the unfinished series they have on VC like Double Dragon, and the TMNT series just to name a few.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

393. Posted:

I'm selling/trading my MM Anniversary collection. It's pretty damn flawed....The SFX sound echoey for some of the NES MM games, while the music sounds almost drowned out, it's hard to explain. The deal breaker is the B and A button swap which destroys the experience. And who in the hell wants to use a bloody GCN Controller!? It feels sooooo wrong. I have an SNES retro port, but meh. MM7 looks a bit blurry as well. I honestly can't recommend the GCN Anniversary collection, it's a shotty collection of ports, the B and A buttons swap is horrible, and using the GCN kills the experience.

I'm just going to wait for MM5 to hit the VC, the same goes for 6 and 7...And then I can safely say I'm concered the original MM franchise hehe. On another note, King kicked my again several times last night. I managed to get to the second time you fight him after Proto man Blasts his shield to oblivion with his crazy power shot which basically left himself staggering on the floor.

Damn you King, You're mine tonight! :p Really though I HATE having to restart from the first King stage whenever I turn off my DS Lite, why can't it just save from King's second stage?

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

394. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

I'm selling/trading my MM Anniversary collection. It's pretty damn flawed....The SFX sound echoey for some of the NES MM games, while the music sounds almost drowned out, it's hard to explain. The deal breaker is the B and A button swap which destroys the experience. And who in the hell wants to use a bloody GCN Controller!? It feels sooooo wrong. I have an SNES retro port, but meh. MM7 looks a bit blurry as well. I honestly can't recommend the GCN Anniversary collection, it's a shotty collection of ports, the B and A buttons swap is horrible, and using the GCN kills the experience.

I'm just going to wait for MM5 to hit the VC, the same goes for 6 and 7...And then I can safely say I'm concered the original MM franchise hehe. On another note, King kicked my again several times last night. I managed to get to the second time you fight him after Proto man Blasts his shield to oblivion with his crazy power shot which basically left himself staggering on the floor.

Damn you King, You're mine tonight! :p Really though I HATE having to restart from the first King stage whenever I turn off my DS Lite, why can't it just save from King's second stage?

Again I dont understand why the button swap is such a problem for people. No offense Waveboy I am just trying to figure it out why. As I said before I had a problem with it at first but now I can play just as good with the button swap as good as I did on the NES version. Weird maybe its cause I havent played the origianl carts in years maybe if I was swapping between the NES one and the AC I might have a problem. Oh well to each their own. :)

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

395. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Again I dont understand why the button swap is such a problem for people. No offense Waveboy I am just trying to figure it out why. As I said before I had a problem with it at first but now I can play just as good with the button swap as good as I did on the NES version. Weird maybe its cause I havent played the origianl carts in years maybe if I was swapping between the NES one and the AC I might have a problem. Oh well to each their own. :)

Some people have difficulty adjusting. I never played the NES originals, yet I still mix up the buttons quite often.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

396. Posted:

The B anf A swap for me just doesn't feel right. Not only that, but it feels weird and a bit harder trying to time my shots in the air. But ya, to each their own. But I grew up playing Mega Man on the Nes and the button swap destroys the experience.

AuthorMessage

Kingbuilder

397. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

King kicked my again several times last night.

QFT

WaveBoy wrote:

Damn you King, You're mine tonight!

BRING IT ON!

On a serious note, here's a business chart of Capcom's best selling games

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html

It seems Mega Man 2 placed #26 behind Onimusha 3 and Resident Evil 4. It's surprising that Capcom's mascot isn't even in it's top 20 best-sellers.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

398. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

The B anf A swap for me just doesn't feel right. Not only that, but it feels weird and a bit harder trying to time my shots in the air. But ya, to each their own. But I grew up playing Mega Man on the Nes and the button swap destroys the experience.

I grew up playing the Mega Man series on the NES as well but I dont know maybe it just doesnt bug me like it does you. In fact the only reason I bought the AC at first was cause I really wanted to play MM 1-5 again (at that time I never played 6,7 or 8) and I didnt have a NES anymore.

A few posts back someone mentioned Enker. I have to say his level has one of the best theme songs I have heard in a while

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

399. Posted:

Enkers theme is one of the best, too bad his level was insanely dull and forgettable. :p The same could be said for Punk and Ballad too...Yet I wasn't crazy over Ballad's theme, yet Punks was pretty dam awesome. Still, I found Solar man's theme to be the greatest in MM10.

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

400. Posted:

What makes the button swap bad is when you try jumping and holding down a charged shot. My thumb doesn't work properly.

I wasn't too impressed with the three extra levels in MM10, but for a buck a piece it's a nice addition. I like having the extra weapons in the Endless Level. I agree with WaveBoy that Solar Man's song is the best in the game. One of the best in the series in my opinion. I know a lot of people miss the slide in 9 and 10 and at first I didn't really mind, but the slide adds an extra element to the gameplay I think will be necessary to keep things fresh. I think if they add the slide in the next game, the bosses should move faster. Nitro Man was the only one who's speed gets tricky and that's only in the hard mode. I'd like to see more alternate paths like in Commando and Pump Man's stages.

StuffyStuff