Forums

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Posts 381 to 400 of 1,455

StuffyStuff

I wish Bass had the double jump in MM10. I'm surprised to hear someone say 10 is the hardest game in the series. Usually that goes to 1 or 9.

@Tasuki - You are gifted if you can play with your index and middle fingers.

StuffyStuff

Tasuki

StuffyStuff wrote:

I wish Bass had the double jump in MM10. I'm surprised to hear someone say 10 is the hardest game in the series. Usually that goes to 1 or 9.

@Tasuki - You are gifted if you can play with your index and middle fingers.

Lol. I actually picked that up from playing the Tekken games on the Playstation. For some reason I also found it easier to pull of the special moves using the index and middle fingers on my right hand rather than my thumbs. Its strange really since thats the only fighting game I did that with. From there I just transferred it to other games, although I do mostly use my thumbs except for the rare occasion like MM AC on the Gamecube.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

CanisWolfred

I never saw how Mega Man 9 was so difficult. Aside from a few rough spots here and there, it's really not that bad. Clever use of your weapons nerf the difficulty in most stages. Mega Man 3 and Mega Man 4 are much harder, let alone Mega Man 1.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

StuffyStuff

What made 9 difficult for me was that I was expecting the difficulty. 5 and 6 are pretty tame so this kinda came out of nowhere. I think the bosses are fairly easy now, but Magma Man can be irritating. I do find the bosses more difficult in 10, especially Nitro Man. He's one of the hardest in the whole series to beat with the buster. I think this discussion shows why Mega Man is great. We all have different and strong opinions about each game, but we all agree the series is awesome.

StuffyStuff

Philip_J_Reed

Mickeymac wrote:

I never saw how Mega Man 9 was so difficult. Aside from a few rough spots here and there, it's really not that bad. Clever use of your weapons nerf the difficulty in most stages. Mega Man 3 and Mega Man 4 are much harder, let alone Mega Man 1.

Mega Man 4 is harder than 9?! Wow. I mean, we all have our opinions, but this is evidence--as if we needed any more!--that there's never going to be any agreement. Mega Man 4 gets my vote for easiest Mega Man game, by quite a wide margin!

9 is tough as nails until you recognize certain patterns within the game, and acclimatize yourself to the nature of whatever bombardment you're running into next. And, yes, once you learn to manage your weapons effectively, most of the game becomes a breeze...but that's where Endless Mode comes in, and jacks the difficulty sky-high again.

Have I gushed enough about MM9's Endless Mode? Because I. Adore. MM9's Endless Mode.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Tasuki

@Chicken_Brutus: I agree with you MM4 is pretty easy. I think the two easiest are MM4 and MM2. MM3 was pretty easy too it just was long with the Doc Robot stages but just cause it was a longer game doesnt mean it was harder. But as you said Chicken there is never going to be an agreement to each their own in this matter.

Speaking of Megaman 4 one of favorite themes in the game its Toadman.

And heres the complete works version

My Backlog

CanisWolfred

Chicken Brutus wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Mega Man 4 is harder than 9?! Wow. I mean, we all have our opinions, but this is evidence--as if we needed any more!--that there's never going to be any agreement. Mega Man 4 gets my vote for easiest Mega Man game, by quite a wide margin!

9 is tough as nails until you recognize certain patterns within the game, and acclimatize yourself to the nature of whatever bombardment you're running into next. And, yes, once you learn to manage your weapons effectively, most of the game becomes a breeze...but that's where Endless Mode comes in, and jacks the difficulty sky-high again.

Have I gushed enough about MM9's Endless Mode? Because I. Adore. MM9's Endless Mode.

I dunno, I never had much trouble in Mega Man 9 asside from that one spot in every stage. I'll only die at the one spot, otherwise, it's pretty easy for a Mega Man game. Mega Man 4 is more consistant in its difficulty and relies more on frequent tricky jumps that take a lot of practice to get down. Mega Man 3 can be hard just because its cheap at times wih the enemy placements and a few weird patterns, otherwise it's pretty easy.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

StuffyStuff

The endless stage in MM9 is brutal. I've broken 100 screens twice. I consistently get triple digits on the MM10 endless stage. MM4 is probably the most balanced game as far as difficulty is concerned, but MM3 is by far the easiest for me. I rarely die and it's usually because of a cheap jump or those damn parachuters in Shadow Man's stages.

StuffyStuff

Tasuki

WaveBoy wrote:

For me, MM4 had an average difficulty. Yet everybody autimaticly thinks of that panzy Toad Man and say it's the easiest in the series aside from MM2.lol As for MM3, those 4 Dr.Wily Return Stages and those troublesome MM2 Androids were pretty damn difficult, those levels used to kick my left and right. And those Androids, ugh! Then there's Needle Man, what a pain in the .

And god, MM1 wasn't THAT hard. Dr.Wily's Castle gave me trouble, along with Ice man's stage along with the fight against that majar Fire Man. But the rest? breezy! Then again, my 5 year old self would be saying the complete opposite!

Actually I never heard anyone say MM4 was easily just because of Toadman, in fact I think Brightman and Ringmans stage make up for Toadman. Just like any MM game the trick is knowing which order to take the robot masters on. I will say yeah each MM game has its moments, The footholders in Icemans stage, the freakin laser beams in Quickman's stage the paracutes in Shadowman's stage etc. but I wouldnt say that any of the MMs are overly difficult. It just takes patients and timing thats all.

Edited on by theblackdragon

My Backlog

StuffyStuff

WaveBoy wrote:

I wish Capcom would release a new toy line based on every character and robot master in the classic MM franchise.

I wish I could finish my collection of the original action figures. Snake Man goes for too much money. Last one I saw went for like 55 bucks. All I need are Snake Man and Proto Man

StuffyStuff

Dezner

Nah, I'm sure it'd be fine to leave on....Nintendo systems are built to last! (Usually... )

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

Tasuki

WaveBoy wrote:

Ya it's fine, didn't heat up at all. I'm sure it would of been in self destruct mode by now if it were made by Sony.

Anyways, MM & Bass is just pissing me off to no end here. Wily's second form doesn't seem to have a weakness....And there's no way I can take him down with my pea Shooter with all of those projectiles he keeps firing at me, since his first form usually takes almost half my health down.

Oh MM & Bass, why do you have to be so difficult. I mean, I LOVE difficult and challenging games and I wouldn't have it any other way. But as far as MM difficulty goes, MM & Bass takes it alittle further than I'd like in certain spots, to the point where you die, die and die, while getting slightly better each time, perfecting patterns and learning different stragety's against the bosses ect ect.

Ugh! So, who here has beat it with Mega Man without going to the shop?
MegaStoneSmash? Anyone? hehe, and where is he by the way? He hasn't been posting in this thread for a while.

I have the game but its on a pile along with other games that I need to play lol. As for MegaStoneSmash I think hes been playing alot of Black Ops lately.

My Backlog

Dezner

WaveBoy wrote:

Yet I doubt I'll try and beat the game as him, let alone collect those CD's. I doubt anyone on here would actually waste the time and try to collect all of them, it's just so not 'mega man'

Too late! I wasted my time twice over years ago! It was fun!

Glad to see you at least tried Bass out. If I could Jedi mind trick you to beat the game with him and get all the CD's, I would.

Uguu!

Twitter:

Dezner

waves hand Yes, you shall...

But yeah, Bass' dashing in the SFC version was great since it was like X's dashing with the A button. But, since I was more used to double-tapping with X, when the GBA version of MM&B came around I was used to double-tapping for the most part. Bass not being able to charge was probably the big reason, really. (I'm Pro-Charge, Pro-Slide if you can't tell! )

Edited on by Dezner

Uguu!

Twitter:

CanisWolfred

WaveBoy wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Bass was just filler!....er, right? hehe.

Since the entire game seemed to be built around his limitations, I'd say no.

I was kidding.
Still I found the experience much more enjoyable and intense with Mega Man.

I knew that, but commented anyways because I was too tired to control my impulses.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

StuffyStuff

What are the most screens you got through on the endless levels in both 9 and 10? In 9, I got 101 once but I usually struggle to get to 40 if I'm lucky. In 10, I've got 230-something once. I usually break the 100 screen mark every time.

StuffyStuff

CanisWolfred

I'd rank the Classics like this:

Mega Man 2
Mega Man 9
Mega Man 7
Mega Man 3
Mega Man 6
Mega Man & Bass
Mega Man 1 (Nostalgia makes me want to rate it higher, but it wouldn't be just)
Mega Man 10
Mega Man 4
Mega Man 5
Mega Man 8

So MM & Bass is right in the middle. It has its good points, it has its bad, and they even out enough to make it a middling experience in the series.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Kingbuilder

Favorite to least favorite: MM5, MM2, MM9, MM4, MM10, MM3, MM1, MM6, MM7, MM8

I'll be re-playing through 1-8 within the next few weeks. So who knows? Maybe my order will change. ;D

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

Sorry, this topic has been locked.