Forums

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Posts 241 to 260 of 1,455

StuffyStuff

@WaveBoy - I know what you mean about the air and water stages. They add extra pits and spikes respectively. Air Man is my personal favorite RM. MM9 is a really good game. I was so excited to get it. Hmm...maybe that's why I like that game so much. Just like we have a general bias towards the first game we played, maybe there's a bias for MM9 considering it was something like 15 years between 6 and 9 that it was like my first game all over again.

StuffyStuff

StuffyStuff

I like 10, I just don't find myself going back to it as much. The endless level was a lot easier which was pretty cool because I can't seem to get very far on 9's. Sometimes I can get close to 100 screens, but usually I die because of some cheap jump.

StuffyStuff

CanisWolfred

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Its time for another music clip. This time I am doing the Mega Man 3 intro. Now alot of people like the intro music to MM2 which in its own is a rockin tune as well. I personally think the intro song for MM 3 is just as good, however most people when mentioning opening themes to Megaman they almost always mention MM2's theme, not too much love for MM3s.

MM 3 was the first MM game I played and I remember putting the cartridge in and here the music start off slow and than BAM all of a sudden it sped up and got me all pumped to play the game. From that intro alone I figured I was in for a real treat of a good game. Now here I am 20 years after my first foray into the Megaman universe and its one of my favorite series.

Anyway I hope you enjoy this selection.

It is a great song indeed. While Mega Man 3 isn't my favorite in the series, IMO, it does have some of the best tunes, and that shows it right there.

You guys are forgetting the Mega Man 4 intro! It's awesome too.

MM2, 3, and 4 have some of the best music in the series. In fact, all the games have good music! (Wait, that's not new info is it? )

I found the intro to Mega Man 4 very annoying, and I often had to skip it. MM4 had some good tunes here and there, but IMO, it just doesn't compare to the consistantly great tunes of the first 3.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

MegaStoneSmash91

@StuffyStuff: I also liked 10, and in some ways more than 9. To me it just feels like a more polished experience than 9, almost like they "knew what they were doing" more in 10. It's kind of like Mega Man 1 & 2, because 1 (compared to the other games) lacks polish and isn't quite as good as 2. For Mega Man 2, the formula for the game was nailed on the spot and many improvements were made from the first game. That's how 10 feels, it uses the style of 9 and perfects how the game is supposed to feel. Again, it feels like they knew what they were doing in 10 more than in 9. Don't get me wrong, 9 is good and so is 10, but I just never go back to them as much as the other games. I'm still not sure why, since I used to play 9 a lot, and I loved 10 when it was released. I guess I just don't have the extreme love for 9 that others do. (congrats if you know what the heck I'm talking about )

The music is still great for 9 and 10, as are the Robot Masters. Here's my favorite RM theme from each game:

Gotta love Plug Man! Despite being one of the hardest RMs in the game for me to Buster-only, his theme keeps me coming back to his stage (not to mention it's a good place to collect bolts and has a free E-Tank)

Ah Solar Man, your theme is....so awesome. And again, he's very difficult to Buster-only. I also like playing around with the Solar Blaze, but most don't consider it to be a very good weapon.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Dezner

LULZ, so last night I decide to turn my Wii on for the first time in a month to update Cave Story. I then decide to for whatever reason to play MM1-4 a little bit at the beginning of each game, and needless to say I was not at my best. Here's my report!

MM1: So, with Wii's pause ability thing, I forgot that when you can press start at the end of the game. Then, you can play with Dr. Wily already unlocked and with all of the RM weapons. All the Robot Masters are darkened but you can still go through them again. So, I fancied myself an attempt at No Damage Buster Only with Cut Man, and I did get through maybe about 3/4 of the stage before those flying orb guys got me, followed by Big Eye. Since I had saved the game with only one life left, I was almost dead and just decided to throw blocks at Cut Man. BAM! Guts Man was next, and I had a few platform deaths of course. I decided to use Guts Man's blocks against him, but WOW does he tank those hits easily, only taking one pixel each! Then I blew him with bombs, just because. Ice Man of course, I struggled. Foot Holders, I'm looking at you! I almost got the hang of the Ice Slashers he shoots, but he still got me enough times I had to continue twice before giving up for the night. Suddenly, I felt like MM2 time!

MM2: New game, difficult, closed my eyes and Air Man was selected! For the life of me, I either struggled greatly or I wasn't trying, because I suuuuucked. I was trying to hop between the big drill head platforms, dying a whole bunch. AND THEN, the lightning bolt platform guys gave me unprecedented trouble with getting hit and dying. Pippi knocked me off once too later on. Air Man then met his end, though if he was a 28-hit boss he would be near impossible. I continued the stage at least three times, definitely not my best performance. Then, closed my eyes, Heat Man. Yaaaaayyyy.....not. No explanations as to where I died repeatedly. Could have used Item 2 but I was being stubborn. I felt like not being tortured as much, so MM3 time!

MM3: New game, closed my eyes, Snake Man! Somehow I knew it was him and he was my guess before the music started! Since MM3 is one of my most familiar MM games, I blew through Snake Man's stage with ease taking only a bit of damage here and there. Spark Man was next! Got hit a bit but went through the stage with relative ease, Spark Man did finally kill me for the first time since his big spark attack is huge and I was trying to formulate a sliding strategy at the same time. Got him on my second try, though. Top Man was next, but I decided to hit MM4 a little bit before sleeptime. I teleport to Top Man's stage, press pause and then WHOOPS I pressed Reset instead of Wii Menu......sigh.... oh well.

MM4: New game, closed eyes...Ring Man. Oh . I'm terrible fighting him without his weakness, and it showed! Continued once, and all six deaths were from Ring Man himself. I know his pattern is supposed to be easy but I've never been good at it. One time I got him to one pixel left, then the still killed me. xD I figured that was a good sign to quit for the night. I did get through the second Ring Boss once without getting hit though, that felt awesome at least.

But the night was fun, and that's the important part!

Edited on by theblackdragon

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

MegaStoneSmash91

@Dezner: Interesting story, it was pretty fun to read, too. It sounds like you're a little rusty, better practice up if you're doing perfect runs! I'm not interested in doing perfect runs myself, I'd rather play the games just to play them.

And yeah, as long as it was fun, who cares how well you played?

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

MegaStoneSmash91

vonseux wrote:

Memagan

I know it's a simple typing error, but.....

Beep.
That is all.

MegaStoneSmash91

When a stage select theme prevents me from selecting a stage because I want to listen to it, you know it's good. Sometimes it seems that the stage select music gets buried by all the other music in the games, and it doesn't get talked about as much. Perhaps it's the repetitive nature of the songs in general, but there's some pretty awesome ones out there. So, here's some of my favorite stage select tunes:

Beep.
That is all.

Ricardo91

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Its time for another music clip. This time I am doing the Mega Man 3 intro. Now alot of people like the intro music to MM2 which in its own is a rockin tune as well. I personally think the intro song for MM 3 is just as good, however most people when mentioning opening themes to Megaman they almost always mention MM2's theme, not too much love for MM3s.

MM 3 was the first MM game I played and I remember putting the cartridge in and here the music start off slow and than BAM all of a sudden it sped up and got me all pumped to play the game. From that intro alone I figured I was in for a real treat of a good game. Now here I am 20 years after my first foray into the Megaman universe and its one of my favorite series.

Anyway I hope you enjoy this selection.

It is a great song indeed. While Mega Man 3 isn't my favorite in the series, IMO, it does have some of the best tunes, and that shows it right there.

You guys are forgetting the Mega Man 4 intro! It's awesome too.

MM2, 3, and 4 have some of the best music in the series. In fact, all the games have good music! (Wait, that's not new info is it? )

I'd have to disagree with you on that one, man. I consider Mega Man 4's soundtrack to be the weakest of the series. I just didn't think any of the tracks were that memorable (save for maybe Bright Man's theme).

Mega Man 5, however, had a great soundtrack, and probably the most underappreciated one in the series. Just listen to these beauties:

Edited on by Ricardo91

SkullMan

Oh man MM4 has some of the best in the series, IMHO...grossly underrated...each one is burn into my brain.

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

CanisWolfred

zezhroom wrote:

I"m doing pretty horrible with MM9, anyone have pointers? Or maybe which robot dude to start with?

The best to start with is Galaxy Man's Stage. Then Go To Jewel Man. His stage is tricky, but bear with it: It gets easier from then on. His ability gives you the sheild weapon, which it very useful for both Concrete Man's Stage, and for taking Down Plug Man.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

MegaStoneSmash91

@Ricardo91:Well, I'd have to disagree with YOU there. Let me start by saying that I love MM5 as much as the other ones, but the music feels like a downgrade from Mega Man 4 (except for Star Man's theme, Gyro Man's theme, and the Wily theme). Most of the music in 5 sounds pretty much the same, and it all seems to use the same 8-bit instruments. Almost none of the music gives the same kind of feel as the stage you're in. I never find myself humming any of the songs (except for the ones I listed) and I consider the MM5 tunes to be the least memorable. That being said, they're all still good songs, just not as good as MM4's songs.

I'd like to limit the arguing in this thread, so remember that we each have our own opinions and that there's no need to do a bunch of back-and-forth posts about how each of us thinks they're right and the other is wrong. Speaking of which, that's what my entire post sounded like so...um...I'm not trying to be rude or anything.

Mega Man music is awesome!

Beep.
That is all.

CanisWolfred

I'd agree that the music is a downgrade from MM5, just as I'd agree that MM4 has some of the least memorable tunes. They both combined have the worst music in the series, IMO.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

MegaStoneSmash91

Mickeymac wrote:

zezhroom wrote:

I"m doing pretty horrible with MM9, anyone have pointers? Or maybe which robot dude to start with?

The best to start with is Galaxy Man's Stage. Then Go To Jewel Man. His stage is tricky, but bear with it: It gets easier from then on. His ability gives you the sheild weapon, which it very useful for both Concrete Man's Stage, and for taking Down Plug Man.

Other Robot Masters I'd recommend starting with are Splash Woman or Hornet Man, since they're both pretty easy to beat with the Mega Buster (their stages might give you some trouble through). Once you start gaining weapons, and bolts to buy things, the game gets more managable. And yes, the Jewel Satellite is your friend. It's the best shield weapon out of all the games, and is useful in so many situations.

Beep.
That is all.

MegaStoneSmash91

Mickeymac wrote:

I'd agree that the music is a downgrade from MM5, just as I'd agree that MM4 has some of the least memorable tunes. They both combined have the worst music in the series, IMO.

Interesting, but fair. So, you do like the music in MM6, but not in 4 or 5? That's new......never heard of that before. It's usually all like: "2 and 3 have the best music, 6 has the worst!" I like all the music, but 5 has my least favorite tunes. The music in 2 & 3 is legendary, I love the music in 4 and 6, and the music in 1 is great, if a little primitive sounding.

Beep.
That is all.

Tasuki

@MegaStoneSmash91: Nice choice for the stage select songs. My favorite of the series are MM3 and MM4. Which just in case you dont remember MM3s stage select music here it is

Sorry for the link I dont know how you post the actual vid on the page but it works.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

CanisWolfred

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Interesting, but fair. So, you do like the music in MM6, but not in 4 or 5? That's new......never heard of that before. It's usually all like: "2 and 3 have the best music, 6 has the worst!" I like all the music, but 5 has my least favorite tunes. The music in 2 & 3 is legendary, I love the music in 4 and 6, and the music in 1 is great, if a little primitive sounding.

Mega Man 6 has some great tunes, IMO. I've never heard anyone say the tunes in 6 were the worst. Then again, I rarely ever talk any anybody about the music other than the MM2 tunes.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

MegaStoneSmash91

Mickeymac wrote:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Mega Man 6 has some great tunes, IMO. I've never heard anyone say the tunes in 6 were the worst. Then again, I rarely ever talk any anybody about the music other than the MM2 tunes.

I really haven't heard anyone use the word "worst" to describe the music in MM6, but I do hear mostly negative things about the music. I can sorta understand it, but there's some excellent tunes to be found here. Flame Man's, Tomahawk Man's, and Plant Man's themes all come to mind, as well as a few others. I just figured that most people disliked Mega Man 6, and not just the music, since most of what I've heard about the game in general is either negative or neutral. Even the Mega Man Home Page calls the music "strange" and "grating" and says that "none of the tunes were all that catchy". I read this and thought: "What?". I have heard praise for the game, including some from people on NintendoLife, but the popular opinion seems to be that Mega Man 6 is not as good as the other games (which I find is partially true). It has all the great running, jumping, and shooting gameplay of the other titles, various alternate paths through some stages, 2 Robot Masters that were designed by North Americans, the new (and fun to play around with) Rush Adapters, and Wily actually gets put in jail at the end. However, it would be hard to match the greatness that is Mega Man 2 or 3 (or 9, or whatever is considered good by everyone), and the music (while still great) isn't as famous as other songs from previous entries in the series.

I don't consider any of the music to be bad, there are only songs that aren't quite as good as others (but are still great). Understanding why some dislike the music in a certain game is rather confusing, and it's hard to believe there are such differing opinions out there.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

StuffyStuff

I think all elevator music should be changed to the music in MM10 when you're going up to the final fight with Wily and the music goes into hyper mode. That would be fun. And when the elevator takes off, it makes the teleporting sound Mega Man makes. Anyway...

As far as the stage select music goes, I liked 6's. I like a lot of the songs from that game to be honest. @Tasuki - I don't know how these guys post the videos either.

StuffyStuff

Sorry, this topic has been locked.