Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 43,321 to 43,340 of 43,585

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Crystallized tea? I had to think on that a bit, and then I realized, after having processed that I kinda insta-misinterpreted that word into crystal meth in the initial split second of eyeing your comment, which would of course NEVER come from you, that I actually did have some of that, albeit a LONG time ago:

"Once upon a time, back in good old 1987... "

Eh... allow me to skip the scene setting...
Anyway, back then, I was on holiday in Turkey, with my parents and the popular thing, besides their local, teeth enamel-destroying sweet tea, was a crystallized version of apple tea, which was REALLY good. It came in these big, round plastic jars, and my parents bought several of them, so we were able to enjoy it back in our apartment for the duration of our stay there, which was three weeks.

On a side note: you DIDN'T like Ryan Reynolds? Man, glad you changed your opinion, then. I'd say he's one of Hollywood's most genuine and likeable actors, and he's super-versatile and believable as well, no matter what role he plays. From comedy, to drama, to action, to romance, it doesn't matter much.

Some of his movies that you might want to check out (if you haven't seen them already):

• Safe House (action thriller with Denzel Washington, about the CIA)
  • Definitely, Maybe (if your wife is a sucker for romantic movies, she'll LOVE you for watching this with her)
  • Self/Less (simply brilliant thriller/action movie with him and Ben Kingsley)
  • The Proposal (rom-com with Sandra Bullock)
  • The Hitman's Body Guard (great action movie with Samuel L. Jackson, largely shot in Amsterdam, enough reason alone to watch it... )

@WiltonRoots Don't get me started on unnecessary reboots, man. So much garbage among those...
As for good movies from the 70s: I'll definitely agree on anything Charles Bronson, as well as Clint Eastwood and as a personal favorite, the old Bond movies, and not just from the seventies...

@Tyranexx Oh, come on. Install the darn Firefox app. It's only two clicks away, and you KNOW you want to...

@WoomyNNYes Huh? What thread, and what comments of mine? I know you're joking, but still...

@Zuljaras Wow, man. That is indeed looking pretty great, AGAIN. If you keep this up, I've no idea where it's going to end, but if I were you, I'd seriously consider opening up a web shop and selling these for a pretty sum. You'd easily be able to get some nice prices for them. Just call them limited edition one-offs and there you go...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

bimmy-lee

How do I steppe the letters from tricking me?

@Tyranexx - It had to feel pretty nice to heal up and not be dependent on glasses for the first time since you were a kid. In grade school, my cousin had the kind of horrific, coke bottle glasses that helped define the 80s nerd, and kids were brutal to her. We’re the same age, so I had to get in a bunch of fights, scuffles, and wars of words to help her fight off the jerks and bullies.

@NintendoByNature - Okay, I have one last trick you could try out. I think I may have had to do this. Choose the device you want to watch it on and delete the ESPN app from that device. Then use a browser to go to their site, and search (dropdown menu top left) “The Last Dance”. Click on the TVMA tile in the search results screen, and then attempt to watch an episode. A prompt should appear asking if you want to download or open the ESPN app. Choose to download it again. It should play in the app after all that.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

WoomyNNYes

@ThanosReXXX Haha, if you look in new forum threads, there's one, "how do I stop reading the same line". I couldn't help myself to parody the topic in here. Although, I sympathize with that user, I still read the same line more than once by mistake. It happens.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Science liker.
Extreme bicycle rider.
(Nobody says "extreme". I said it to be silly.)
Playing: Rocket League, New Super Lucky's Tale

Eel

I just ordered a 2DS to keep for posterity. Never thought I'd see new units go for reasonable prices again, since they more or less disappeared completely from Amazon for like almost a year.

But joy, today they had them.

Now I gotta go and forget about it before I get buyers remorse.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@WoomyNNYes Ah, okay. Was that the one about the poor sap who couldn't keep up with the reading of subtitles in his anime series? If so, I couldn't relate at ALL, because I've no trouble whatsoever, reading subtitles AND keeping up with the movie or series itself. In fact, sometimes, it's even handy to have subtitles in the same language as the movie itself, especially when there's a lot of noise in a movie or TV show, that drowns out the dialogue.

And that IS something that I actually do sometimes: might be a bit OCD, but I simply HATE it when I can't clearly hear what people are saying, so sometimes I just rewind a bit, turn up the volume and listen again, until I can make out what it was that was being said...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@Eel What's "for a reasonable price", might I ask?

WoomyNNYes

@Eel Regular tablet 2DS or 2DS XL? Also, what color? When I look at Amazon US, the prices are hidden, and the ones I looked at were inflated (higher than retail).

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Science liker.
Extreme bicycle rider.
(Nobody says "extreme". I said it to be silly.)
Playing: Rocket League, New Super Lucky's Tale

Eel

@ThanosReXXX msrp or less, I would say.

@WoomyNNYes electric blue regular 2DS. The regular model is a personal favorite of mine. Though I should probably get a “new” version too eventually.

It was a Mexican seller, so that’s probably why you can’t find them.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

Vinny

When are we going to get the Snyder cut of the emoji movie? The version we got was pretty bad.

#releasethesnydercutoftheemojimovie

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

ThanosReXXX

@Eel I kind of wanted to know the actual figure...

@Vinny As soon as the Snyder cut of the Justice League is released, including black suit Superman...

ThanosReXXX

Hey everybody! Today is Pac-Man's 40th birthday! Yay for the old pill-popper...

And then there's this:
Untitled
The shop article title says "Symphonic Suite Dragon Quest 11 Sugisarishitoki Wo Motomete (LP)"

How's about that for the revival of vinyl, huh?

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Well, they're well-deserved. And if it already looks this good in it's "work in progress" form, then I can't wait to see the painted end result. I am hoping to see some shading and highlighting, though, but that's obviously up to you...

Vinny

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@Vinny As soon as the Snyder cut of the Justice League is released, including black suit Superman...

This, along with Darkseid actually appearing seem to be some of the coolest aspects of this cut.
Tbh I didn't watch the 2017 version, I was disappointed with DC after Suicide Squad and after reading some reviews for JL along with seeing some footage on YT - The visual effects seemed really bad. Ended up skipping it.

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
I never knew if Dragon Quest XI got Vinyl record. 😮

@Eel
I still have difficulty to find New 3DS XL / New 2DS XL Europe version in Indonesia from Tokopedia.
If i found one, the machine mostly 99.99 % has been jailbroken by LUMA software. 😣
I felt insulted to see tons of jailbroken 3DS machines from Tokopedia because most of Indonesian peoples like pirated stuffs so let's jailbreak all the things as possible.
I still have dignity, i don't buy pirated stuffs anymore. Not everyone is interested with pirated stuffs. It simply insulting me as an original game collector.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 5 Music genre:
1. Super Eurobeat
2. Cyber Trance
3. Euro Trance
4. Hardcore Techno
5. Bubblegum / Eurodance

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Eel

I don't usually search beyond Amazon for new in box consoles.

@ThanosReXXX oh well if you want to know the amount, it was MX$1,998 (Mexican MSRP is MX$2499).

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

ThanosReXXX

@Vinny Well, I've seen it, and it really wasn't that bad, nor were the special effects. Well, at least in my opinion. The only thing I don't like is how DC keeps their TV universe separate from their movie universe, something that Marvel does SO much better, which is a MASSIVE help in regards to the continuity and believability of the universe that you're trying to create.

On top of that, DC already had a perfectly serviceable Flash, so there was no reason whatsoever to get a new (and decidedly uninspired) actor on board for that, and I didn't like the actor, and I also disliked the weird suit with shoulder padding. Didn't look like a Flash suit at all.

And don't even get me started on them not even being able to hold on to their main cast/actors. Whenever they decide to start filming again, we're going to get a new Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, and I wouldn't be surprised at all, if any other actors will also leave, or call it quits, although Wonder Woman and Aquaman were pretty decent movies, and quite profitable in their own right, so there may at least be some hope left for these two, but the rest of it is basically back to the drawing board, which in my view is going to hurt them immensely.

If it weren't for the time already invested in it, as well as the handful of movies that DID do well, then they would probably have been better of starting from scratch altogether.

@Anti-Matter Me neither, so that's why I posted it.

@Eel So, around $88, then. That's a pretty decent price indeed.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Cotillion

@ThanosReXXX That's what kills the appeal to people (like myself) who aren't well versed in the comic origins.
Marvel built a universe, slowly, over a long time. It all jived together. I've tried watching some DC and it all feels disjointed and unconnected, ever changing actors and in some cases like they were trying to hurriedly push a universe on me, to instantly had what Marvel built up over time. Suicide Squad, for example, just had this quick information drop at the beginning of who's who. I didn't even finish that movie, to be honest. I don't have any real knowledge of Marvel either, but got to know the heroes and even the baddies, over time. Loki was with us a long time, the Infinity Stones history peppered in, Thanos was mentioned more and more and dropped in here and there before he made his real appearance. An info drop doesn't have the same effect. My experience with DC movies hasn't been great because of the awful world building and I pretty well lost all interest in it a while ago.

Cotillion

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic