Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 43,321 to 43,340 of 96,530

ThanosReXXX

Eh?

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX Cool.

@WoomyNNYes Not quite the same style as the US but yes, lots of little lotteries. Like you buy a ticket in a convenience store and you might win a sticker or something, all the way up to a nice couple hundred dollar item like a top quality anime figure or a game console or even a smartphone. Not quite like, say, the Mega Millions in the US though. I'm from the US originally so that's what I was referring to in this case.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

ogo79

WoomyNNYes wrote:

@Heavyarms55 Does Japan have Lotteries?

yeah there called massage parlors

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Heavyarms55

@ogo79 Stop. That's nothing but a gross stereotype.

Tyranexx

Not dead, just a busy weekend. Busier than it has been for some while, anyway. In non-virus-y times, this would only be labeled as mildly busy.

On the above-mentioned stereotype....That's something I'm not aware of, and I sense that remaining naive will be best. XD

@Anti-Matter Looks like @ThanosReXXX already answered your question (sorry I'm late), but visiting players far away requires a NSO sub.

@Heavyarms55 Dust particles breed worse than rabbits. One can spend their time lovingly dusting or wiping down a surface or knickknack, then come back later and find dust collecting again....

Looks like you and I share a general distrust of strangers and people we don't know well. Not that I think everyone is out to get me or run off with my stuff, but until I know someone and/or can watch them closely, they aren't allowed in my house or near my things. The latter because I had issues from lending things as a kid, which I think we've discussed before.

@ThanosReXXX My Nintendo here was recently offering a 7 day free trial as a redeemable platinum coin reward. Not sure if they're still running it - it seems to rotate in and out IIRC - but it's something I'm considering. The service has some passable perks, but backups are really the main draw for me right now. I've been vocal about my opinions of the service elsewhere - it's...okay in my opinion, but not great - and my likes/dislikes. A major point for me is that I'm a backup freak lol. I like having options.

From what I've seen of BBC Earth, it's pretty decent. I also like how most documentaries are informative and to the point, not like a lot of TV, especially "reality" shows these days....

@WoomyNNYes Hope you and yours are okay! We had a nasty derecho last month. No twisters in the area (though we do get them on occasion), but there was quite a bit of wind damage in more open areas. A (admittedly older) motel even had some of its roof peeled off. Fallen trees, snapped/blown over electric poles, and loss of power in a lot of areas.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
Oh, cool.
If i have two Switches and two cartridge of ACNH, i can exchange the stuffs each other.

Anti-Matter

WoomyNNYes

@Tyranexx Thanks Fortunately the homes around me were mostly spared (no giant mature trees close to the houses). So that's good. Local roads and some lights are still out today.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

ogo79

Heavyarms55 wrote:

@ogo79 Stop. That's nothing but a gross stereotype.

i know that.
i also know i like to joke

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Heavyarms55

@ogo79 I can understand wanting a laugh, but surely you can make jokes that don't slander people that way. I'm just trying to ask nicely, please avoid that sort of humor.

@Tyranexx I swear sometimes I'll be dusting something spend all day doing it, and then like 3 days later everything needs it again...

And yeah. I try not to just assume the worst about everyone, but it's that not knowing that really makes me unsure of people regardless. Sometimes even when you think you know someone, you don't. I went to the graduation party of a classmate I had known for most of my high school career, 2 years later I saw him again on TV facing 1st degree murder charges after he and his friend had gotten high on some new synthetic drug and murdered the friend's parents with baseball bats... Suffice to say I'd never imagined he would do anything like that...

ogo79

Heavyarms55 wrote:

@ogo79 I can understand wanting a laugh, but surely you can make jokes that don't slander people that way. I'm just trying to ask nicely, please avoid that sort of humor.

hey...its all good homey.
my ex step mom ran a massage parlor here in america.
hopefully you didnt get too offended, as it wasnt a direct stereotype

the_shpydar wrote:

Heavyarms55

@ogo79 It's not that I'm personally bothered by it, it's just that the implications and history behind Asians and massage parlors are rather dark and I'd rather that sort of thing not be made light of. That's all. And especially in light of recent events, I'm trying to avoid stereotypes like that as much as I can.

Eel

Haw haw haw, I just completed Resident Evil 3 (remake) without healing or using the item box, and in S rank (all done on the easiest difficulty, of course).

That was fun. Gave me lots of points.

Now I'm just a few challenges away from being able to buy the infinite rocket launcher and then I'll be able to play the game on harder difficulties.

🧐 Because we know a rocket launcher doesn't need much aiming skills.

Edit: rocket launcher get. Whahaha.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

OptometristLime

Gonna say a word here on behalf of my friend ogo, despite being on this site in different eras.

Namely context matters and it's fruitless to accuse others of things, especially when it's known to be a -stereotyped- or parodic turn of phrase. And thus not the best scenario to prompt any further exam toward one's social miscues. In a career on this site ogo uses plain language to express himself and has no history whatsoever of perpetuating any dishonorable archetypes. Policing language, however well intended is likely best left to the site operators.

Obviously this is only speaking for myself so, he can feel free to disavow this if my comments don't reflect the situation.

Edited on by OptometristLime

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx The 7 day trial also comes free with Animal Crossing, so no coins needed. Once you get that game, and play it to the point where you'd need to unlock online functionalities, you'll automatically get that option, as well as various paid options, such as 1 month, 3 months or a full year. One month is $3.95. But yeah, I do agree with you on the service in general being rather underwhelming, especially in light of the competition, but even compared to what they themselves offered on their previous consoles. I mean Virtual Console was FAR superior to the "rent-a-game" service that they give us now...

As for BBC Earth: the series has been all but crowned best in the business, and various times over, so to say that it's pretty decent, would only be scratching the surface. It has been running for almost more than 10 years now, and it has gone from strength to strength, even to the point where new camera and audio recording methods have been invented, to get the footage they needed. And the series also has some of the best narrators in the field, so yeah, it's safe to say that it's my favorite wildlife series.

I do like other shows, but I've usually found these to be more on the lighter side. I've also watched several of the Disney Nature shows, and while I've also enjoyed them, they're far too staged for my taste, so they play out more like an actual movie than a nature documentary, and seeing as I'm more of a facts guy...

Well, I'll assume you get the picture.

If I had to make a comparison with games, then BBC Earth is the simulation game vs the other programs being the more arcadey game types. Still fun to watch, but just not as good.

On a side note: BBC documentaries in general are pretty good. I've seen several of their series on countries and/or governments, and it's pretty high grade journalism, with thorough research and candid opinions, which is exactly what I like. For example: a couple of months ago, I watched a two-part BBC documentary on Myanmar (formerly known as Birma, in colonial times), and they managed to make it a VERY interesting watch, even though they touched upon everything there was to see and what was happening over there, which I assure you definitely isn't all good or all that great. But the country itself is amazing.

And I'm not just saying that because one of my best friends is living there...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Anti-Matter

Guys...
Look what i have bought just now. 😛
Untitled
YAY...!! 😄😄😄
Finally i have New 3DS XL Europe version.
Now i have Three Nintendo 3DS machines with different regions (USA, Japan & Europe). 😁
My mission was accomplished.
I only have 2 starter games with very opposite vibes.
One is very Masculine game (Dillon's Dead Heat Breakers) with Mild Violence, Guns, Post Apocalypse theme.
Another one is very Feminine game (Girl's Fashion Shoot) with No Violence at all, just about being pretty and savvy.

Btw, actually i want to reset the machine since used to be it belong to previous owner and the machine still have his account. 😛
If i have to reset to factory setting, which city i must choose when i make new account ? (United Kingdom,???)
I want the city that doesn't have tax for eshop purchase. I chose Georgia for my USA 3DS XL for no tax eshop purchase. 😛

Anti-Matter

BabyYoda71

@Anti-Matter Wow, 3 3DS’s from 3 different regions! Will you do it for Switch’s now? 😆

Edited on by BabyYoda71

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Anti-Matter

@BabyYoshi65
Switch is already Free Region so any Switch games will be playable regardless of its region.
My Switch is PAL version, bought on December 2017.
If there is a new revision of Nintendo Switch, i might consider another Nintendo Switch so i can have two different island for Animal Crossing New Horizons.

Anti-Matter

BabyYoda71

Is 1-2- Switch popular? I don’t hear anybody talk about it, but it is actually a really good game. I love it, but now that Clubhouse Games is here, I don’t know if it’s fully worth it.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic