Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 43,341 to 43,360 of 43,582

HobbitGamer

Trying to catch up, it's been a day.

Awesome statue, Zul. Love the detail.
Fresh leaf mint tea from my garden > crystal meth ice tea.
Ryan Reynolds in Voices is hilarious, and Safe House is the bomb diggity.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@Cotillion Probably also the reason why the Wonder Woman movies and the Aqua Man movie did so relatively well in comparison, seeing as these DID take the time to invest in their respective stories and lore, instead of "info dropping".

I could still watch and somewhat enjoy all the other DC movies, though. But then again: I'm a former comics addict, so for me, those back stories are already well-known and not necessary to make heads or tails of things happening in these movies. And besides, it's not like any of these DC or even Marvel movies follow these origin stories verbatim, much less all the other subsequent story lines.

Would probably also be damn near impossible to do, what with the decades of source material available, not to mention reboots, retro-fitting, alternate universes/Earths, and so on, and so on...

@HobbitGamer Haven't seen Voices yet. Guess that's another one to add to my "to watch" list, then.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ogo79

its dangerous to go alone!
take this.
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

judging from that pic it needs more both, just sayin though

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Tyranexx

Productive work day. Grabbed some lunch somewhere for a change (drive-up), then after working I did some cleaning and beheaded my lawn. Chlorophyll was everywhere. It was glorious. Internet rounds now, then some Batman: The Telltale Series. Haven't played much beyond Episode 1 thanks to FE: Fates, but I'm in the mood for some Gotham City drama this evening.

Still need to see the Wonder Woman movie. Not a huge fan of the character, but I've heard the movie is pretty good. Plus, David Thewlis is in it.

@WoomyNNYes I'll probably install it on my phone one of these days when I'm feeling less lazy.

@Zuljaras That is seriously awesome! That cyclops has come a long way!

@ThanosReXXX I definitely want to, but when is another question entirely. I'd have to swap out quite a few bookmarks on my home screen's internet folder. #FirstWorldProblems

...Honestly, I'll probably get to it at some point this weekend. Preferably when I'm not about to fall asleep from exhaustion. XD

@bimmy-lee The feeling when I realized I was truly seeing what I could see without any sort of help was definitely a good one! I wore glasses until age 15 or so, switched to contacts, then briefly switched to glasses again before the surgery as it was a requirement; contacts change the shape of the eyes a bit, so you have to be out of them for a minimum of so many days before the surgery. I disliked going back to glasses. They change your field of vision, and my eyesight was bad enough that the glasses would distort my environment around the edges. I took a nasty spill on asphalt near work a few days after fully transitioning back into them; I misjudged the step from sidewalk to asphalt thanks to said distortion. Definitely lost some skin and a little blood.

Good on you for defending your cousin. Nobody asks to wear glasses; they're a necessity. Kids can be so brutal....

Currently playing: Yo-kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

ThanosReXXX

@ogo79 Somebody forgot to add the bouillon to that soup there...

@Tyranexx I never looked into this personally, but if the mobile browsers are anything like their desktop counter parts, then you should just be able to "one-click" import your favorites/bookmarks from one browser to another.

Oh, and you definitely SHOULD see Wonder Woman. It's a pretty good movie, Gal Gadot is amazing and very believable as the titular character, and then there's plenty of other good actors in there, so you could definitely do far worse than spend a couple of hours of your time to watch it. And it may very well incite some newly found appreciation for the character in you as well...

And, as mentioned a couple of comments ago to another user, Aquaman is definitely also up there with "DC movies actually worth seeing", so if you have another 2,5 hours to spend besides Wonder Woman, why not add that one as well? Unless of course, you've already seen it...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

kkslider5552000

I really loved Wonder Woman. If it ended like 10-15 minutes earlier, it'd be like a top 5 superhero film for me. I should rewatch it.

I should also sleep normally. I miss that.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

reporterdavid

Good sleep is good for you. Just checking about a new system. I love to build coasters and sandbox games like GTA. I dont have a switch or (3)DS yet but I am still looking to a game that last for a while.

Blessed. Voice: Pirates! (2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (2019)

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX I'll probably fiddle with installing Firefox later while I'm out playing a little Pokemon Go. Today is fairly lazy as far as Saturdays go. Besides a few things I need to do around the house, I don't have a ton going on. I've spent most of my day playing Birthright and have started reading through the Appendices of The Return of the King. Currently reading through the highlights of the ruling kings of Gondor before their line died out and the stewards took over.

I'll pencil in Wonder Woman on the "Movies I need to see" list then. I've seen a few clips admittedly, and it doesn't look bad at all. I don't dislike the character per se as I like the interpretation of her in the DCAU, but...I don't know....She's just never been a character I've been overly fond of. /shrug Using the previous example, I much prefer characters like Hawkgirl and Black Canary.

I haven't seen Aquaman either. TBH I'm more likely to see the previous film. Never been too interested in the guy.

BruceCM

The Wonder Woman film is great & I wasn't a big fan of the character before.... @Tyranexx Gal Gadot does an amazing job with that

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

LatsaSpege

I Just Beat Celeste!!!

LatsaSpege

Switch Friend Code: SW-0370-6056-2926 | 3DS Friend Code: 3755-1656-4298 | My Nintendo: LatsaSpege

Tyranexx

@BruceCM Good to know! If it helps, I know the Wonder Woman mythos borrows a lot from Greek Mythology, which I like. XD That should somewhat help me follow what's going on, I think.

@LatsaSpege Congrats! I've considered picking up Celeste as well, but the sheer difficulty is kinda off-putting for me. I'm waiting for a really good sale before I decide lol.

LatsaSpege

@Tyranexx Well, There Is Assist Mode! You Could Use That, And Just Have An Extra Dash!

LatsaSpege

Switch Friend Code: SW-0370-6056-2926 | 3DS Friend Code: 3755-1656-4298 | My Nintendo: LatsaSpege

Tyranexx

@LatsaSpege Worth considering for sure. Thanks for letting me know!

BruceCM

Well, the film explains itself pretty well, since they obviously didn't assume everyone going to it was familiar with either the characters or much else, @Tyranexx

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Well, to be honest: I can understand the sentiment on both characters, because in the comics, they've always been far too goody-two-shoes. Personally, I always liked the Wonder Woman mythos in regards to their take on Amazons and such. The only thing I don't like, which some will find strange, is that the hidden island is "obviously" near the US, which is weird, seeing as all of these women are decidedly Greek in origin...

Oh, well. Comics, and all that...

Anyway, the current DC is obviously far more darker than those origins, except for in the animated shows, but in the live action movies of these particular characters, they've really pulled out all the stops. And as for Aquaman, I'm not sure if you're referring to the comics character or whatever trailers or pictures you've seen so far, but the comics character has always been kind of sappy and/or underwhelming. Marvel's Namor did a FAR better job of interpreting a true sea dweller and king of the oceans, but in the movies, they've done a VERY decent job of making him both believable and not at all ridiculous as a character. And like Gal Gadot in Wonder Woman, Jason Momoa is doing an excellent job of bringing the character to life, and giving him the aura of power he deserves, as ruler of the Earth's oceans.

Trust me, put it on your to watch list right next to Wonder Woman, and put both on your "to watch soon" list, instead of the regular "to watch" list...

Concerning Aquaman: if you ultimately still end up regretting having watched it, I'll buy you or treat you to a round of whatever, whenever I'll finally land on US shores again, and we'll get to have that beer and campfire talk, along with @bimmy-lee and @NintendoByNature, and maybe even @HobbitGamer.

Besides me having to somehow manage to collect the cash for that within a reasonable time frame (currently aiming for two years max), that's going to take one hell of a planning job, to get all these faces there at the same place and time, but maybe we'll manage...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX @Tyranexx I'll second thanos.. I really enjoyed aquaman and its worthy of a watch. But I've ALWAYS liked the character in general, so I could be biased.

Oh and did someone say "campfire and drinks"? Count me in! Whenever we can all have that long anticipated drink.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature I'd gladly have you join us, but let's first get rid of that pesky virus, that's disrupting the entire world's normal state of affairs...

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature On a side note: you kinda missed a rather important verb there, between "I really" and "Aquaman"...

Lugazz

Can I just start posting here?

Two days ago my Switch Pro Controller Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Edition arrived, it's so pretty! And wow how a Pro Controller fits well in my hand! But pretty hard to get used to it for Splatoon 2

Lugazz

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic