Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 37,501 to 37,520 of 96,530

bimmy-lee

@Vinny - Nothing like a new pair of well fitting boots. They set the mind aflutter with thoughts and dreams of what you might do in them. I switched from leather to canvas for my last pair. About a year in, they’re doing great. I hope it’s a fruitful relationship for you and your new boots.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Tyranexx

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

The internet makes everything the worst problem in the history of Earth.

Sweet, another quote I wish could sit in a gilded frame above many websites these days. Agreed 1000000%.

@ThanosReXXX Haha, no problem! I figured you missed that info the first time. 😁

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

I just bought the most United States thing ever!

A Banquet-brand frozen dinner. Salisbury steak. Can’t wait to taste the dollar store approximation of meat.

Unfortunately my quest for the Switch Lite Flip Cover has been unsuccessful. And tomorrow is the last day. Wish me luck.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NintendoByNature

@Eel it always give me a sense of joy digging into a tv dinner. Reminds me of my childhood in a strange way lol

NintendoByNature

Eel

@NintendoByNature I’m honestly looking forward to tasting it. Frozen tv dinners have always been this weird object of fascination for me, mostly because they aren’t that common in Mexico. Our nation wide predilection for quesadillas and frijolitos for dinner makes it hard to sell frozen chunks of mystery food, I guess.

Also the idea of a Salisbury “steak”. It sounds... Good.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

NintendoByNature

@Eel lol I just always made them as a kid. Me and my bro when we were home from school or when my mom wasn't making us something. The best are kid cuisine if you ever have a chance to find them. I always undercooked the brownies...on purpose hahah

Edit:btw it's not steak. It's more like a grilled burger slathered in Brown gravy. I always called it poor man's steak. But in a good way 😂

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature @Eel - I used to beg my mom for Banquet or Hungry Man salisbury steak TV dinners, and every once in a while she would get me one. Loved em. The corn was chewy... yet good. My brother didn’t like them, so he got a frozen chicken pot pie instead. Also good, but not enough to sway me away from a TV dinner if I had the opportunity.

limby-bee was a jerk.

HobbitGamer

@Eel Is it the one with mashed potatoes? I think I have one in the freezer at work.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee i even like the very "authentic" Italian chicken parm from encore. Is it chicken? Not sure..is it good? Only to 1 person in the U.S.

P.s. youre lookin at him 😉

NintendoByNature

Eel

@HobbitGamer it seems to be a smaller version with pasta instead of potatoes.

I saw the pot pies too. Considered getting one too, but I won’t have time to eat that many dinners.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Tyranexx

The individual pot pies are actually pretty good. I don't really have TV dinners these days, but I definitely ate them in college. They were better than the vending machine food anyway. One of the clubs I was in allowed free access to a microwave as long as you cleaned your messes (Which, thanks to my OCD, I cleaned some that weren't from me). I definitely took advantage of that thing lol.

I'm not a huge TV dinner fan, but they sure are convenient in a pinch.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - So “authentic”, you’re basically in Italy when you eat one. I love when frozen food companies slap a word like “authentic” on the box. It’s like they’re saying, “We swear, it’s real food! You may even like it.” If I go frozen emergency dinner these days, it’s usually a Digiornio or some frozen tamales from the grocery store. All this TV dinner talk has me thinking about a Salisbury steak though.

limby-bee was a jerk.

link3710

@Ryu_Niiyama Uh, except...
A: The 360 suffered a problem that was an inevitability and they never paused manufacturing it.
B: And to avoid recalling they are freely repairing any joycons it happens to

Not saying it wasn't blown out of proportion (cause it certainly has been), but even if it was happening to 100% of joy-cons I'm not sure Nintendo would pull a full recall. And honestly, is there anyone who's had a pair for 2+ years without it happening? I don't know anyone who's avoided it at least, but I wouldn't know how to prove any actual statistics.

link3710

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee lol, I felt like I was in the canals of Venice eating it. But in all seriousness. Diet tomorrow, frozen lean cuisines are in the works

NintendoByNature

Ryu_Niiyama

@link3710 MS did pause manufacturing. That’s why the jasper line came out.

If numbers got leaked that were high enough to make investors worried Nintendo would be forced to fix the situation by investor and social pressure. This is a Japanese Company after all. Either way it is what it is.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

SheldonRandoms

@Anti-Matter Squidward can't have a focus due to the nautical nonsense his neighbors rev up.

Also, last night was worth it due to all of those grilled cheese sandwiches, much better than the champagne which I thought tasted like poop (I miss the apple cider I used to get instead of that).

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Anti-Matter

@SheldonRandoms
"Squidward can't have a focus due to the nautical nonsense his neighbors rev up."

Then, he will turn into Ci'eth. 😆

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

Ugh. Going back to work after a holiday in the middle of the week feels like another Monday. I keep getting my days mixed up.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic