Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 37,521 to 37,540 of 96,531

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Overall I'm glad it's a short week. It's just been a weird one lol. I'd rather have my days off joined with the weekend when possible. Last week was even weirder since I had Christmas off, worked Thursday, and then took Friday off. XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx yea for sure. It does feel like a Monday though lol. I was supposed to be off from the 24th thru today but ended up working almost every single day. My customers have been pretty relentless so unfortunately that means I work since im tied to my cell.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Bummer. Hopefully you at least had a break on Christmas day to enjoy yourself.

Hmm....How to untie you from your cell....If it's surgically attached, that might prove to be difficult.... 🤔

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

NotTelevision

@NintendoByNature Haha. Yeah I feel like the concept of “time off” went away for most people when email and cellphones were invented. Ohh well. Hope business is good.

NotTelevision

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx Christmas was about the only day, but at least it was that. @NotTelevision yea they pretty much own you when a company gives you a phone 😑. Business has been good at least so there that

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature That's good! At least you got to spend some quality time with the wife and the young NintendoByNatures. ^_^

Doesn't your company have you on call only during certain hours or days, rotating with someone else? That's how it works for some of my coworkers who are issued cells.

Eh, at any rate, at least it all means business is good!

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx yea thanks we had a good time. Since I do outside sales, my set list of customers are " my problem " so to say. For instance, if i sold a customer a big order and went on vacation when they were going to run the machine it would be unfair to have my colleague who doesn't get paid on that customer come in for support. So youre kind of stuck with being on call for your customers 😣

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx "the young NintendoByNatures"

Also, and/or affectionately known as NintendoByParentalHeritage's...
@NintendoByNature (or was that parental brainwashing?)

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature That's totally understandable, but still a bummer. From my limited customer service experience as well as what our support team fields sometimes, I know some customers can be QUITE needy. 😣

@ThanosReXXX I gotta add my own spin to the English language every now and again. 😉

NEStalgia

Still catching up on far too much around the site after far too long away!

I have to say I'm liking Sw/Sh. It has some stupid things to it. Why are there trains (HA!) if there's fast travel air taxis? The wildlands seem kind of poorly integrated with the routes - it's possible to level up too much and catch too big a party early in the game in the wild before you ever get to gyms and routes, which makes those too simple. Plus, the gyms are very cool, but so far by gym 3 I have to say they're very short and simple, mostly seeming designed to showcase dynamaxing - a one-shot gimmick for the most part. Maybe the gyms get more interesting later on. The game is going by too quickly, though, which only goes to show it's quite fun. Despite some of those stupid decisions, I don't get what all the complainers were on about. Maybe they want harder games, and I admit, so far, (so far!) it's maybe too easy, but so is Kirby, and it's always good fun.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

So...

Just out of curiosity: anyone joining the dry January band wagon, or what?

@NEStalgia Well, I hate to (re-)start something, but the two biggest complaints apparently were that the Pokédex is "incomplete" and that the game is "horribly ugly", with "character animations ripped straight from the 3DS version", so that's about it, basically.

And then people will quite easily amass more than 200 comments while discussing/whining about these exact two things and all it's connected and interwoven intricacies. Or actually, just their own delusions of how the game "should" have ended up being, if they would have been at the helm of the development team...

Oh, and welcome back, and a Happy New Year, train nerd...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

HobbitGamer

@Octoguy That’s neat! I still wish there was a method of sharing Garage creations with friends. If they made it password with friends only, that’d minimize the chance of wild phallic creations.

@NEStalgia The game picks up in the gym challenges later, and Dynamaxing becomes less of a one shot kill. I completed 5 or 6 so far.

Just took forty minutes to get the starter motor off the truck. Gotta rebuild it after it finally gave out. I cleaned it out last year and got quite some more time out of it, so I’m pretty confident that just a rebuild will do it. I ain’t spending $150 for a reman unless I have to. I may wait till the morning to crack it open, though. I need to dive for the rest of the elite plans in Black Flag.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX the dex thing i can at least understand even if i don't agree with the wining since it's at least objective that every monster ever isn't in the game (even though it's impractical to expect that it ever would have been.). I don't really understand the graphics complaint on any level though. It looks good, it's consistent with the series design, nothing stands out as particularly good or bad. Yes the wildland isn't exactly xc2 or botw, but it looks fine for what it is, and GF has never once had enviable graphics so it meets expectations there. IMO the complaints I had above make more sense to wine about if they want something to whine about, at least make it on point whining . At least that is something that impacts progression in the specific game, and is a game specific criticism rather than complaining about what it isn't...

Btw, so far, there's no multiplayer focus. The dynamax dens are easy, single battles. If you don't play with others it just gives you 3 ai trainer partners. Maybe later on it matters, but in the first portions the ai doesn't even matter. Maybe if you're doing legendaries and such later on, it becomes painful alone, but i think it's safe for you to get the game if you haven't already... It's plain old Pokemon as you know it, but with some open world area bolted on almost after the fact (cool open world, i like it a lot, but it's clear to me they added it after most of the game had already been designed and is probably why the fast travel was added even though it broke the whole point of the train stations.)

Happy New year to you as well!

NEStalgia

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Haha, I'd definitely think so! Though I think a lot of kids are cleverer than adults in their own way....

Tyranexx

I had this mysterious device show up randomly. It seems to be begging to be broken in....

Untitled
Untitled

I caved for the Spyro Reignited Trilogy bundle that Walmart was running the weekend before Black Friday. I got both the game and a V2 Switch for $289 USD. Due to a couple of constraints I placed on myself (short answer is I wanted something paid off first) as well as a busy holiday period, I've just recently gotten everything set up. The amFilm protectors arrived yesterday, so I'll attempt to put them on in a little while.

Most of the games were obtained over time. A couple were bundles, but others were gifts or were obtained via sales or discounts.

I'm leaning towards either Ori or SteamWorld Dig 2 as my first game. Or I might just give Mario Kart 8 Deluxe a spin.... :thinking_face: #FirstWorldGamerProblems

Edited on by Tyranexx

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx haven't played swd2 but I did play thru ori..knowing how much you like metroidvanias I'd give that a try..but swd2 is also one 😋. So either will do ya..oh and congrats!!!

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Thanks! The fact that Ori is a Metroidvania really appeals to me, but I'm also a huge fan of the first SteamWorld Dig. We'll see which one strikes me first lol. I'm about to start a longer game on the 3DS, so I want to belt through a couple of shorter games on another system while I'm at it.

@HobbitGamer Y'know, it wouldn't hurt to get sucked into World of Light in Smash Ultimate either....Hmm....

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic