Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 36,661 to 36,680 of 37,085

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX Just let me pee in my musty-bug infested Dreamcast sports edition in peace.

@NEStalgia even as a southerner, I prefer unsweetened tea so that I can taste the actual tea. However, the only acceptable sweet tea is one with raw sugar.

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee There are countries? How about the majority of the world? Corn syrup is far from being the most widely used sweetening agent on this planet. And it is unhealthy, and besides that, it ruins the taste of quite a few foods and drinks. Boy, is Europe going to be an eye-opener for you, food (and taste)-wise, if you ever decide to come and visit the Mad Titan...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia You haven't drunk REAL sweet tea, unless you've drunk Turkish tea. That's basically just tea-flavored hot syruppy goo in a cup.

@HobbitGamer Well, luckily that sports edition is black, so stains won't stand out so much, let alone any "yellowing".

At least you have one redeeming factor there with your understanding of how to actually sweeten your tea.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Your joke/sarcasm/BS detector is slightly off today concerning my posts. My wife is in integrative medicine and goes to great lengths to keep HFCS, food dye, and various Monsanto chemicals out of our food at home.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Eel

I like that most fast food places in Arizona have unsweetened tea as a drink option.

The "sweet" option is way too sweet, I just add a tiny little bit of it to the regular tea. So I basically use the sweet tea as a sweetener.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BlueBlur101
Ubisoft
I swear
you have no idea how much Splinter Cell means to me

if this is some mobile game garbage I'm starting a riot outside your Toronto studio
It's been 7 flipping years since Blacklist and you teased us so hard with Sam Fisher in Ghost Recon Wildlands

BlueBlur101

Switch Friend Code: SW-7235-4572-5129 | My Nintendo: French Fry

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Yeah, you probably got a point there. My bad. Had a bit of a hectic week, so "TGIF" is most certainly appropriate. And in fact, thinker/muller that I am, until a day or 4, 5 ago, I was actually still digesting the impact of that movie we discussed a while back, so that is also why I haven't e-mailed you yet, because I kinda wanted to practically completely get it out of my system, to sort of be able to take a step back and analyze it with a more clear, objective mind, instead of being in the mind-blown/frazzled/fazed state that I was initially in, also due to other, ongoing happenings.

And of course, that was kind of expected, because stuff like that almost never comes alone, and suffice to say that once you're in a certain mood, other things also influence you much more than when you're in your best form/shape, mentally speaking, even with nice or beautiful things, such as happened with that music show that me and @Tyranexx discussed a couple of pages back, after I posted a string of videos from it.

So, now that I'm slowly leveling off again, I apparently still don't have all my faculties about me. Then again: you never using any smileys also doesn't make it any easier, my friend.

But having said all that, Europe is STILL going to blow your mind food- and taste-wise, so that statement stands.

ThanosReXXX

@BlueBlur101 Ooh... "You need to understand the darkness to be able to face it ..."

Catchy and exciting.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Tyranexx

While I understand why corn is subsidized by the USDA and why CS/HFCS is used in place of sugar by many manufacturers (as it's cheaper), I still find it appalling that the stuff shows up in foods where you wouldn't think it would exist. I normally try to avoid foods with it other than when it's attached to a rare treat that I enjoy. I've gotten VERY good at reading labels.

I try to avoid a lot of majorly processed stuff these days other than, again, the very rare treat. And yes, weaning yourself off of that much sugar and having the occasionally rare sugar binge day REALLY opens your eyes to how much of that sort of stuff is in our processed food. No wonder a lot of visitors out of the country think our stuff is way too sweet.

I mostly stick to honey and molasses as sweeteners, though I do stock both regular and brown sugar for baking. I don't tend to use them otherwise.

@ThanosReXXX We'll see. The OCD and anxiety-related tendencies that I have are definitely still being worked on. I get WAY too nerved up about things sometimes. Usually the stuff that didn't really warrant much of a raised heart rate.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started (language)
Currently playing: Metroid: Samus Returns, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Well, I’m not holding it against you considering the actual joke was a sad truth you don’t have to worry about. It was a tragedy of a joke. NES got it because it’s part of his daily life, like it is mine. Poisoned food is what freedom tastes like.

Yeah, I would make the central focus of a European vacation about good food and drinks! And you can email me any time you’re comfortable doing so, whether it’s about something specific, or you just want to talk bad about @HobbitGamer using curse words.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

HobbitGamer

@bimmy-lee Flim flam poo bopper! Nilly num nabisco

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

SheldonRandoms

Can't believe it's been 9 years already since I drew this doodle
Untitled

NL's #1 kangaroo fan of SpongeBob Squarepants and Ristar!

Aren't LUCARIO's paws adorable? (MOAR adorable than all of the Eevee'z)

Rev up those fryers! MY LEG!

Also created Sheldon & Mr. Randoms on flipnote hatena, it was a series which I MADE!

I'M SwElLtAsTiC!

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Well, honestly, if you would actually get a raised heart rate from playing something as utterly mellow and relaxing as Animal Crossing, then it probably would be a good idea to visit a doctor and get an official diagnosis...

Now, if you'd tell me you'd get stressed out and/or an elevated heart rate by playing Seaman, then I would believe you in an instant...

@bimmy-lee Heheheh... nah, I'd never talk bad about @HobbitGamer behind his back. He's my pineapple partner in crime. I'd say it straight to his face...

@SheldonRandoms And oh, how your skills have improved...

Tyranexx

@HobbitGamer Whip wham pancake smearups! Flippy flop sizzly snickerdoodles!

@ThanosReXXX It's more when it comes to to-do lists and stuff that needs done. I truly doubt Animal Crossing would elevate me to those levels.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started (language)
Currently playing: Metroid: Samus Returns, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx As I wrote that comment, I started to think about what kind of element or thing/happening in Animal Crossing actually could trigger OCD or similarly sensitive people, and the worst I could come up with, is the fact that players from other towns/villages could take a train and visit yours, so at any given time, you could see a train with a visitor arriving at your local station. Back in the GameCube days, that worked by memory card, but nowadays, that will work online through swapping friend codes and such.

Then again: if you allow people into your village, it shouldn't come as too big of a surprise. Unless of course the tension of not knowing when it will happen, is too much for someone...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

HobbitGamer

Just got home from seeing Midway in theatre. I really liked it.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

bimmy-lee

Darn it, I did not mean to start this vulgar curse war! It’s gotten pretty bad in here lately, many of these potty words are new to me, so I’m actually expanding the vocabulary of words that make me anxious.

@ThanosReXXX - I’ve changed my diet a lot in the last 10 years, but I’m still not great. I eat a lot of stuff that I shouldn’t. My main food anxiety is for my kids, and making sure that what they eat consistently is of good quality. It’s not impossible to get them good, healthy food, and it’s less expensive to do so here in the midwest where people grow and raise a lot of our food; but it does take a silly amount of effort to keep, what we believe, to be poison out of our food. We were still vaguely talking about food, right?

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

Anti-Matter

This morning wasn't a happy day for me. I have attended the funeral ceremony with my Mom due to my uncle (my Mom's younger sibling) died by bleeding at his house according to my Mom's story. It was Wednesday i heard the news, so shocking to realize one of my relatives died by accident. After we went to Adi Jasa (Funeral House at Surabaya) to attend funeral ceremony, we went to Eka Praya Crematorium for the cremation process. My uncle left his wife and two kids (They got married). To visit Eka Praya Crematorium once again after my Dad passed away 5 years ago and has been burnt on that same Crematorium, i didn't feel really comfortable. And to see the average age of elder passed away around 60 - 80 years old in Surabaya, that gave me a reminder if i still have 30+ years later before i pass away, left my gaming hobbies forever. After the cremation, we visit the nearest restaurant to have lunch together with relatives and family's friend as tradition to close funeral ceremony based on Chinese Indonesian people's habit. I shouldn't have to tell this story but... I think i can block with spoiler tag

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

NintendoByNature

@Anti-Matter very sorry to hear about your uncle's passing, anti. If it makes you feel any better, by the time we all get a little older, medicines will be even more advanced, pushing our life expectancy out even longer. Hope you find the time to relax,play some games, and unwind to take your mind off it this weekend.

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter My sincere condolences. Losing a beloved family member is always hard. Just remember the good times and the person that he was and as long as all of your family keeps him in their hearts, he's never completely gone, and you can carry that with you for the rest of your life.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic