Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 36,681 to 36,700 of 96,323

NintendoByNature

@NotTelevision hands down. Best I've seen. Was hoping for re5 to go on sale but oh oh well. So do you have family in Hong Kong? I've never been but would like to make my way out there one day. Probabaly Japan too.
@bimmy-Lee guess i forgot the in ingredients again for the pie. There's always Xmas I guess..

NintendoByNature

SheldonRandoms

@Anti-Matter The club of the Magic Conch has bootleg turkeys anyways, I know of a better club that has real turkeys (although the legs on those turkeys always get served broken).

Untitled

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

NotTelevision

@NintendoByNature Resident Evil 5 is one worth looking into. As a single player experience it is definitely a step down from 4, but it’s fun as a couch co-op experience. I distinctly remember playing that ridiculousness with my roommate in college on the old 360. Good times.

Wish I had family in Hong Kong. I work in China the majority of the year and won’t make it back to the States this year. I was back in the Summer/Early Fall to visit though and it was a nice stay.

I managed to find an good working CRT television last time I went back and hooked up a lot of the old consoles. The look on my parents face was priceless too 😅. When they saw me lugging that beast upstairs, I swear they were going to call the local shrink for a psychological evaluation.

Hong Kong is going to be great though. Even going to the cathedral for midnight mass, which it has been ages since I’ve done that.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

NotTelevision

Vinny

Just had fish for lunch. Mmmmm, I love fish.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

HobbitGamer

Happy Thanksgiving, you miscreants.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

@NotTelevision yea I'd probably only do it solo. No one really to play with and my children probably Aren't the best partners lol. That's cool you get to frequent different countries for work. What do you do if you don't my asking ? I sometimes get to go out of state or in the very rare instance, over seas. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving as well.

Oh and all you NL'ers. Happy thanksgiving

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

Happy.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

1UP_MARIO

Happy yummy tummy

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer Right back at'cha, pineapple brain....

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Even though I myself won't be celebrating it, dinner-wise: I've made my infamous home-made nasi goreng, omelette on the side. It could have been made with turkey morsels, but I always use chicken instead. Still a bird though, so it could count to some extent...

Fun fact for those that aren't aware: Thanksgiving's origin is actually Dutch, and it was the Dutch colonists that brought it over to the States. What makes it a bit strange is that the custom has subsequently all but disappeared from the Netherlands, while it has certainly proliferated over in the US. Part of that has to do with both catholic and christian faith having massively diminished in the Netherlands over the centuries, so devout church-goers are a definite minority over here.

But regardless of that fact, nowadays, with the whole "let's copy almost all of the American holidays and festivities" vibe of the last decade or so over here, they've adopted it/taken it back again, and slowly but surely, more people are celebrating it once again, and they're adding their own, non-religious meaning and context to it.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Eel

I've never really seen it like super tied to religion.

Then again, nobody celebrates it here so I've only seen it represented in media.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Eel No, not "super tied", but all of the original colonists were definitely devout believers, so I was specifically talking about the situation over here, over the centuries. Of course, because the custom remained and proliferated over in the States, some leniency has more than likely crept in over those same centuries. Which is also what is now once again happening here, now that we're also slowly starting to warm up to the idea of celebrating it once again.

EDIT:
Come to think of it, it's actually kind of similar to Christmas, well at least over here, where practically no one is celebrating the birth of baby Jesus (which is a misconception/miscalculation/deception anyways), but simply having a nice time with family and friends, and handing out presents or just sharing a nice, copious meal.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Eel

In other news, it seems one of the dogs has decided to, uh, breastfeed the kitty I talked about the other day. It's a bit weird.

She's never had puppies, so I can't help but wonder if the kitty is even extracting anything.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

ThanosReXXX

@Eel It's the air-guitar alternative of breast feeding: air-feeding...

HobbitGamer

This is the big puppy’s first time around so much food being prepared. It’s exhausting. She’s pretty good at learning “No” by now.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Vinny

Introducing Stadia for 56k modems. Games avaliable:

• Pong
  • That one Chrome dinousar game but with less details

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Eel

My mother, planing for the yearly Christmas trip to Arizona.

"I think I'll exchange 1000 dollars at the bank, for the trip"

(Two minutes later)

"Though I guess 500 should be fine"

(Ten minutes later)

"No, no, 300 and the leftovers from the last trip is more than enough"

(At the bank, in the near future)

"Hello yes, I'd like 10 dollars please"

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

HobbitGamer

Vinny wrote:

Introducing Stadia for 56k modems. Games avaliable:

• Pong
  • That one Chrome dinousar game but with less details

*Performance may be affected when using party lines.

#MudStrongs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic