Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 33,901 to 33,920 of 96,571

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 In general, I agree with you, but in the case of YouTube, I know that Google is behind it, and even they themselves don't give a crap about content makers, and they've got more money than I'll ever make in 10 lifetimes, so I couldn't care less about the effects of me blocking their stupid ads in the videos that I myself choose to watch. In some videos, it gets totally ridiculous, being interrupted three times or more, so they deserve everything that the makers of Clean YouTube are serving them.

@Sunsy You're very welcome. I think that the Ori games are well worth a try, and they deserve all the praise that they are getting. It's only every so often that you can label a platforming adventure truly magical and enchanting, and far as I'm concerned, Ori and the Blind Forest is most definitely all of those things, and perhaps even a bit more.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Tyranexx

@BruceCM Whether or not I read the comments depends on the article in question and if I have the time. I used to read almost everything on here when I first stumbled across the site in college, but I've added a full time job and multiple responsibilities since then. XD

@ThanosReXXX Considering what I'll be paying for this vs. the other service, that might have been a slight understatement....

Agreed on YT ads becoming pretty aggressive. I watch most of my YouTube on my phone, and they've definitely become more frequent over the past while. Nothing ljke watching a video and having a random ad interrupt while the narrator or channel owner is talking. It's made for some funny segues into the ads though.

I normally don't adblock on there when I watch on my laptop, but I'm starting to rethink that....

@bimmy-lee I've heard of that pie! Never have had it though. I should probably track some down next time I'm across the border. I like most pies.

Reads on Or wait on you to provide the recipe. As much as I love pie, I try to make it a once in awhile treat. I'd definitely need help eating it if I made one. XD

My grandma's family has a killer coconut cream pie recipe. She brought it to a family reunion earlier this month actually. Wonder if my mom has it....

Sounds like the goose horror sim is a success with the kids, aye?

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

Y'all need to stop talking about various kinds of pies. It gives me a sugar rush just thinking about them...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Anti-Matter

Speaking about pies, that should be a π or 22/7 or 3.14

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter Well, I'll be damned. You actually got the "speaking of" thing right this time. This is turning out to be one heck of a weekend...

Anti-Matter

Oh, btw.
I found something funny and awesome from starter Galarian Pokemons.
Untitled
Untitled
Remember, they were just fanart concepts.

Anti-Matter

bimmy-lee

@HobbitGamer - I can’t wait! I hope that kid is eating an ice cream cone, and I can knock it right out of his hand. It feels so good to be up to such awful hijinks.

@Tyranexx - I’m on a mission to provide recipes for sugar cream pie and award winning pumpkin pie (sorry @ThanosReXXX !). I love a good coconut cream pie! Not enough of them around if you ask me. I’m not turning many pies down, but the cream pies are some of my favorites. Dutch Apple is tops in my book though.

The sim was definitely a big hit. My daughter actually properly controlled an on screen character for the first time. It was really cool. She stole a carrot, evaded the gardener, and put it in a pond. After playing it, I’m fully convinced the goose that followed us had a to do list on a piece of paper, and one of its tasks, written in perfect cursive, was to “get the straw hat from the small boy (at any cost)”. My daughter made up a song, it’s a simple, yet catchy tune: The Goose is loose, snip, snip, peck peck (and repeat... over and over).

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Sunsy

@ThanosReXXX Neat, will try to give it a go when I have some free time.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter I love the Powerpuff Girls crossover up there. Not as sold on the fanart starter lines though. Fire/Electric for Scorbunny's line is an interesting concept.

@bimmy-lee I tend to gravitate towards most cream and fruit pies. I'm also down for a good pecan pie when they're available too.

I'm admittedly not a huge pumpkin pie fan, but I still haven't figured out if it's the pumpkin itself I don't like or if it's the spice (or other flavor enhancers). I tend to like most gourd/squash dishes I've had otherwise.

Glad that your kids seem to be enjoying Untitled Goose Game! I'd say that's a definite win if they're all enjoying the goosey shenanigans. Even more so since your daughter seems to be getting the hang of a controller!

That song sounds adorable, but I'm not sure how long I could stand a continual loop of it.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

HobbitGamer

UGG really is a great sandbox game for little kids to play and get used to controls.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

@Tyranexx - Yep, just like a lot of things, the song started out adorable, then five continuous minutes later you’re like, “please, if you have any compassion within you (little kids don’t), please just stop.”

@HobbitGamer - Agreed. I think it’s Untitled’s slow move speed and wide turning radius. Let’s not kid ourselves though, UGG was made for trolls like you and me.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

HobbitGamer

@bimmy-lee Definitely made for us. I couldn’t figure out a task, so I got annoyed and ruined the shopkeeper’s day.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

Geese don't adhere to morals. They're just concerned about food, water, shelter, and messing up the innocent lives of other creatures (Read: humans) in as many sadistic ways as possible. XD

Anti-Matter

To think about very unique games, we already got games such as Cooking Mama, Dance Dance Revolution, Untitled Goose Games, Minecraft, Wii Sports, Kinect, etc. What kind of another unique games we will faced in the future ?

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
Speaking about Goose....

"I can't drive, I'm a Goose."
(Cinderella 2015 Disney movie)

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

BruceCM

Generally (on sites that have articles or reviews with comments), @Tyranexx .... I soon found most comments aren't worth reading

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter Ring Fit Adventure. I genuinely was not expecting them to make an exercising game into an RPG. Especially when Wii Fit was pretty much a mini-game collection IIRC.

I have Wii Fit, haven't played it in years, the last time I used the board was to play Super Monkey Ball Step and Roll.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Eel

Hm interestingly Amazon hasn't even charged or sent the hori accessories I pre-ordered with the switch lite.

That's weird because they would normally do that right on the day of release. I wonder what's taking them so long.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic