Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 31,581 to 31,600 of 32,799

rjejr

@ThanosReXXX I knew I'd find it if I kept looking.

The Passage was so awesome for the first 8 episodes that I kept thinking I should stop and rewatch from the beginning with my wife. Even 9 was pretty good. But OMG epsidoe 10. It was like they were planning a 5 year show and then they were told - sorry guys, canceled, wrap it up ASAP. The guy next door, gone. The military woman, gone. Wife, gone. Antidote gone, whole country gone. Reason why they needed 12, never even tried to explain. Hated it. Complete and utter garbage. The people who were compalinign about season 8 of GoT have no idea how good they had it compared to The Passage. So I started watching Preacher season 2. Only 3 eps in but still good.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

HobbitGamer

@rjejr I just started watching The Rain. It’s cool. That’s all.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX Yeah, I suppose it would have been a moot point. XD I didn't even think of sending that in at the time since I was buried with work. It's been a crazy week between my work schedule and trying to stream the Direct and Treehouse stuff. There were some segments that I missed that were thankfully uploaded later.

As for the changing around, @NEStaglia 's reply seems to be indicating that the full original Day 1 Treehouse upload had the Nintendo Direct and Pokemon Sword and Shield segment chopped off.

I actually missed a lot of the Day 1 Treehouse streaming until later on since we have a new consultant that I was busy with on and off for a couple of hours. I tend to catch up by watching the individual uploaded segments and not the whole hours-long video just to save time. Barring a couple of games, I mostly skipped the Nindie day yesterday for example.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started
Currently playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun (post-game), Yoshi's Island (SNES Classic)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

rjejr

@HobbitGamer Never even heard of The Rain until you just typed it. I half-thought you were joking about watching the weather and the rain water being cool. Sounds interesting, I'll add it to the list, which currently sits at: Preacher season 2 +3, Handmaid's Tale 2+ 3, Legion 1, 2 +3, Punisher 3 and Jessica Jones 2, Cloak & Dagger 2. Yes, there's a slight bit of a comic book trend going on there. 😂

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Heavyarms55

So I've recently gotten into watching videos about people taking apart and repairing damaged electronics like game consoles. And in one the guy from "TronicsFix" on YouTube got a PS4 from the home of a heavy smoker. And like the guy in the video, I have nothing against smokers, but WOW, that was nasty! It was a Game Stop refurbished PS4 so, while they had cleaned the outside of the console, the inside remained disgusting, and coated with dirty brown tobacco! And the fan was coated with it so bad the guy in the video said as soon as he turned it on, the room started smelling like tobacco!

Somehow it never even occurred to me that the inside of electronics could get so nasty from cigarettes, but I'm not a certified technician working on refurbishing game consoles. Maybe the tech was a smoker too and didn't notice?

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Feel free to add me

Tasuki

@Heavyarms55 Well it's a GameStop refurbished what did you expect? I betcha they didn't even open it up. They probably plugged it in saw that it worked just fine and that's all they cared about.

I mean come on GameStop claimed that they had experts handling their retro game program that word little white gloves and checked everything meticulous yet people who bought retro games from Gamestop got Chrono Trigger shells with Madden Football boards and repro cart DuckTales 2 sent to them. It's probably the same case with there refurbished department.

Edited on by Tasuki

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

CanisWolfred

I just noticed that I had my 3DS friend code and Nintendo Network ID in my signature, and I have no idea how long it's been there. Considering my signature also refers to two websites I haven't used in years...pretty long, I guess? Jeez...and here I was wondering how anyone found me....

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

HobbitGamer

@Heavyarms55 Yeah I’m a cigarette smoker but I only smoke outdoors in open spaces. Can’t stand the smell of stagnant ingrained smoke.
Bugs are bad too. In high school networking class, we had people donate computers to teach the first years about troubleshooting hardware. One computer had roaches inside the power supply unit.
Hair and dust are really rough on internals. Once those particulates settle, there’s usually nothing blowing around inside enough to naturally move them out.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Heavyarms55

@Tasuki Well yeah, GS is known for that stuff. But it wasn't GS that I was surprised by, it was just how nasty the tobacco contamination was.

@HobbitGamer Yeah, the same guy did a video with a cockroach infested PS4... I couldn't watch it without gagging.

Feel free to add me

Anti-Matter

Speaking about PS4...

Have anyone ever played this game ?
Does it run on 60fps by default ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

RedderRugfish

I had a dream last night that when Donkey Kong Country 2 came out, you couldn't play it unless you entered the password. The game included a stuffed DK toy who would say the password when you squeezed him. However, Nintendo messed up and the password was wrong and the game was impossible to play.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

Anti-Matter

@CuteKidPit
Speaking of dream, i had ever have a "cool" dream 4 years ago.
The last thing i remembered, i saw a ventriloquist doll with scary laughing, he opened his mouth and i saw something dark inside.
There were some gears, tick tock sounds and three creatures that i identified as Time Guardians. They were resting at their number's position. They were Demix (IX), Tex (X) & Lexia (XI). One of them felt there was something wrong with time movement. One of them asked the other to investigate situation outside. And they have figured it out if the Silver Moon that always shone upon their planet suddenly covered by an eclipse and Darkness. A lot of flying robots came from the eclipse, invade their planet.
Meanwhile at the same time, the same robots were attacking a hero boy with his sidekick were keep getting rid the incoming robots came from the eclipse. After the hero boy finished them with Spiral Blast, he had to go to his school at the same time the enemies were keep coming.
The story was interupted as i woke up suddenly. That was the last thing i remembered. 😅

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Morpheel

The only dreams that leave long lasting detailed impressions on me are fever nightmares.

I once had three on the same night, one for each member of my immediate family. All about very personal fears, and with obvious meanings. It was like a messed up Halloween special.

Edited on by Morpheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BacklogBlues

I just pre order two copies of Link's Awakening Dreamer Edition. Although i'm a little bummed the U.S version doesn't come with the Game Boy steel game case, not too bummed. As the U.K version with the Game Boy steel game case cost $30(US) dollars more. But i still would of prefered the Game Boy steel case. Even if it would of cost $99.99 instead of $69.99.

Edit: After seeing what the U.K version is selling for on Ebay $200-$300 i am now totally bummed.

Edited on by BacklogBlues

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
Dragon Quest Builders 2: DEMO

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

SheldonRandoms

I went to an ultimate yard sale today and took all the SpongeBob figures from the free boxes venders had. As Genji would say, "HA! HA! HA! HA!....SIMPLE!".

Edited on by SheldonRandoms

NL's #1 kangaroo fan of SpongeBob Squarepants and Ristar!

Aren't LUCARIO's paws adorable? (MOAR adorable than all of the Eevee'z)

Rev up those fryers! MY LEG!

Also created Sheldon & Mr. Randoms on flipnote hatena, it was a series which I MADE!

I'M SwElLtAsTiC!

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Luna_110

Maybe it's me, but I like the US edition for Link's Awakening not having a steelbook. I want the artbook, but not the thousand other trinkets they include in special editions nowadays, since they end up accumulating dust.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Tyranexx

@HobbitGamer, @Heavyarms55 I likewise have nothing against smokers, but I can't stand the smell of tobacco smoke...or most smoke in general really. If someone wants to smoke, then fine, but please do it off where it doesn't affect anyone. An acquaintance (who does smoke) calls it courtesy smoking.

It's amazing what tobacco tar will damage/adhere to forevermore. At my previous job several years ago, someone brought in an old Alienware tower (Before Dell took over the brand) that was having issues. The owner obviously smoked while playing games like Medal of Honor according to the guy who worked on it. The inside had a ton of tar caked in there and emitted a faint tobacco odor when running even after it was cleaned out.

That was probably the worst PC I ever saw in that area of the business. The closest follow-up was the one with the mouse nest that came in from an auto body shop.

As for GameStop refurbs...Heh heh, never again.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started
Currently playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun (post-game), Yoshi's Island (SNES Classic)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx All this talk about smoke makes me remember my first job. I worked at a catering company and one of the tasks I did was to sweep up the garage where all the trucks would be parked. We had a table there for smokers to eat lunch since they obviously couldn't smoke in the cafeteria by the kitchen. They used to throw their cigarette butts all over the ground right by the table - which I would have understood, if there weren't two large ashtrays on the table! I'd say they were doing it to mess with me, but I was never around when they were, so I doubt they knew who did the clean up.

Also when I was a kid my parents smoked, and I will never forget how, after they quit and we deep cleaned the house, I realized the walls were supposed to be white. I had grown up thinking they were just painted yellowish. Also, second hand smoke really can make people sick. I doubt it was a coincidence that I had repeated ear infections as a kid - right up until my parents quit smoking at home.

To each their own, but cigarettes are dirty things man.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Feel free to add me

Heavyarms55

@CuteKidPit I can understand it more outside. Cigarettes seem like they are biodegradable and such and there often is no where else to throw them away. Albeit it's their own fault, I can sympathize with that. But when they throw them on the ground when they are sitting or standing right next to an ashtray... why?

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Feel free to add me

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic