Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 31,561 to 31,580 of 96,503

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - I can’t believe you have War Heads over there as I just assumed they were balls of crystallized high fructose corn syrup, food coloring, and sour #5. I know the sour gummies and fire balls as well. There’s a syrupy “whiskey” here called Fire Ball. Tastes just like them. Also, Big Americans (crispy outside - soft inside) is my new favorite thing ever. It’s like food satire!

@RedderRugfish - I think there was a fiery red War Head, but it wasn’t nearly as hot as the sour was sour. I like sour beers, but I can’t handle true sour anymore. I used to crush Sour Patch Kids at the movie theater, but those are even too sour for me now.

@NintendoByNature - Ferrara Pan is a classic candy company, lots of good stuff, especially for kids. You’re right, Grape Heads might be the most delicious candy ever. So rare. I always searched the candy aisle for them before giving up and trying something else. (Just saw your last reply to me, I’m a Hoosier, and we have a natural rivalry with Buckeyes because they come to our state and drive slow in the passing lanes, it’s insane.)

@NEStalgia - The natural meats naturally occurred in a Petrie dish.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

HobbitGamer

There’s another fireball in the south. It’s a drink with Fireball whiskey (which is a spicy cinnamon like the candy), and some hot sauce in a shot glass, and you drop the glass into a warm glass of v8.
mic drop

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Well, we've got a little thing over here that's called "The American Food Store", so it isn't all that hard to come by all the corn-syrupy goodness...

We've also got an American Book Store, American Fashion House, and a store called Seats and Sofas, which also sports a giant American flag as a background for its logo. If you wouldn't know any better, you might as well call it "Little America" over here...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX i could actually eat quite a few at a time. Always reminds me of Sonic 3. I had a big bag of them for some reason and i remember just plowing through them while playing Sonic 3

I think I've seen that brand somewhere here. No pizzas but some product. "Big Americans", now that's funny. Though i still say American size has more to do with copious pharmaceutical use than food. Still, that's beautiful of slightly offensive.

@bimmy-lee don't be silly, synthetic meat isn't fda approved yet. It's just a bacterial mold and some hydrogenated crude oil.

@HobbitGamer v8 is inedible on it's own. I can't imagine cinnamon bourbon is going to change that. At least not while the whiskey is still in the glass....

@ThanosReXXX does the furniture store have Big BIG SAVINGS every July 4 and presidents day? It's not a REAL American furniture store otherwise....

NEStalgia

Heavyarms55

@Morpheel You can get canned water here in Japan. After 4 years I still find that weird. Most of them have silly "Japanglish" names too.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Heavyarms55

@HobbitGamer Oh I love Fireball Whiskey! Real hard to get here in Japan though. Can usually get it in fall at the European style pubs.

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia So, you were already weird as a kid, then...

And yes, these stores often do. And we've also adopted almost all American festivities over here, although we do not celebrate Independence Day, obviously, but the stores do use it as an excuse to entice us.

But we have Halloween, Valentines Day, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and so on and so on. Like I said: Little America. That's why even Trump knows that America and the Netherlands are such good friends...

And these pizzas are only called big, because the regular ones have the thin crusts, and aren't soft on the inside. These ones are more just like a thick flat bread with pizza toppings on them. And they only cost around $3, so every now and then, when even I don't feel like cooking dinner or eating something healthy,
I put one of these suckers in the oven.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

HobbitGamer wrote:

There’s another fireball in the south. It’s a drink with Fireball whiskey (which is a spicy cinnamon like the candy), and some hot sauce in a shot glass, and you drop the glass into a warm glass of v8.
mic drop

Firing on all cilinders...

Morpheel wrote:

Do they sell canned burgers

Nope, not canned. They do have plastic-sealed microwave burgers, though. But you can also get these in any regular super market over here.

Heavyarms55

@RedderRugfish That one is Chinese actually. But yeah. Try looking up HyperAqua H2. lol

Tyranexx

Good grief, this thread moved two pages since I last checked it three hours ago!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NEStalgia

@Heavyarms55 actually i read recently pepsico is going to switch some portion of their water brands to cans, at least for distribution to certain markets like restaurants, because somehow recyclable aluminum is better for the environment than recyclable plastic. Makes no sense but there it is. So canned water is soon to be a thing here, too!

@NintendoByNature lead fittings, lead jacketing..... Suddenly this makes so much sense...

@Morpheel canned ham is the one thing i never understood. You open them and bake them in the oven. Exactly like a real ham except nasty and made of reconstituted pressed meat. It has no actual advantage beyond infinite shelf life.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Heavyarms55

@NEStalgia Actually that does make sense. Aluminum is a naturally occurring material. Plastic is something we manufacture. Aluminum doesn't really pollute anything too badly, but plastic can poison things pretty consistently. Though honestly, my guess would be that the environment comment is just a distraction and that the aluminum recycling is somehow cheaper. Maybe they have more facilities for it.

bimmy-lee

@Link-Hero - You know what my friend, I trolled you, and I didn’t even mean to. Either that, or you’re almost too good at this game. I honestly thought you were joking about the frozen pizza bit. Thought it was a call back to when we talked about you eating raw ketchup. I don’t eat frozen pizzas frozen. I buy frozen pizzas and cook them. Then I burn the daylights out of my mouth because I can’t wait long enough for it to cool down. I just wanna eat the pizza.

Edit - One time I dropped an ice cube on my bare toe and it sliced me to a shocking degree. I probably could have gotten stitches.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - So high fructose corn syrup isn’t banned in the Netherlands? Or maybe it’s just okay at the American Food Store? That Big Americans pizza should come with a coupon for 10% off all bullets at Wal Mart. I’m really curious about these American themed boutiques. Is it serious, or kind of tongue in cheek/ironic? I’m actually laughing trying to imagine what makes food and fashion “American” as it seems like we eat everyone else’s food and try to dress European, then just call it American.

@Heavyarms55 - Years ago I happened upon a steel sheet of old, uncut Japanese cans for water. They were beautiful. They had a beach scene printed on them. I think the sheet had 16 cans printed on it. I think they were for a Hawaiian airline or something, it was hard to tell. It was an odd size, and I never got it framed. I ended up giving it to a friend who used it as a canvas for a painting. It made me really want to drink water from a steel can. I bet it could get so ice cold.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Tyranexx

Link-Hero wrote:

Technically, icicles are the perfect weapon to kill and then discard after using due to it melting away.

This reminds me of when I read The Lovely Bones in high school. Icicles as the perfect murder weapon are mentioned more than once.

I borrowed it from my school's library and read it to prep for watching the movie, but I never got to see it. Probably a good thing since a lot of things in the movie were changed to allow for a lower rating.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic