Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 30,801 to 30,820 of 96,570

Ryu_Niiyama

Went in for an oil change, now I need two tires. On a happy note my Amaterasu statue is preparing to ship. No place to put it till I move though... Now to order the new ones!

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

NintendoByNature

@Ryu_Niiyama that's always the worst. At least buying 2 is better than 4! 😉.

@HobbitGamer so after a few days of GK what's it like? What you'd expect or is it even better?

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

@NintendoByNature It’s actually much better. It honestly reminds me more of Animal Crossing than Stardew. You’re not shoehorned in by seasons or numbered days, you don’t have to complete tasks within a certain amount of time. It’s very easy for me to get lost in. The only day-specific things are like ‘say a sermon on sundays (for faith and money)’ or ‘talk to the inquisition on saturdays (if you want to)’. That’s as deep as time gates are.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

@HobbitGamer it sounds like some good fun. Stardew valley while decent fun for me, got bland after a few years for me. So I stopped playing. I pretty much only fished and had a small amount of crops. I'm a big fisherman in real life so any time a game has fishing I'm there. It looks like you can fish in GK, yay or nay?

And last question, haven't seen you make any new levels in mm2, what gives? 😉

NintendoByNature

Heavyarms55

@Ninfan Hmmm I mean there are plenty of Japanese YouTubers around who talk about computer stuff but for regular TV I don't know. I do technically have cable but I never even plugged it in. It's just part of my internet package. Their package deal was actually cheaper than only internet. (Because logic?)

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature I'm now seriously imagining you spending WAY too much time angling for fish in all the various Zelda games...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX you have no clue 😂. I played so much OoT as a kid strictly to fish. It wasn't until later that I actually enjoyed the game and story lol. MM3D has some good fishing too. And again, it's ANY game. Spent a good chunk of time fishing in ocean horn too. Links awakening was pretty basic. Twilight princess was phenomenal. A huge miss was fishing in breath of the wild though. The entire game was set up for it yet it didn't have it. Ughhhhhh

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Haha, well, the whole point of playing games is for entertainment, so if that's the ticket for you, then have at it. Besides, if we're going to talk about wasting time in games, then I have to refer you to a couple of pages back, when me and @Tyranexx were discussing Breath of the Wild. Don't know if you read any of that, but what it basically comes down to, is that I literally spent hours gathering ingredients and hunting, and then cooking until my inventory was full, or chasing and catching horses.

As far as fishing goes, I am wondering about one more thing, even though I'm almost afraid to ask (no, not really, just kidding. Or am I? ), but I'm going to ask anyway:
Have you also been fishing for coins on the MyNintendo home page?

P.S.

Feel free to remove one of these eerily similar posts of yours...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX exactly. I played zelda 1 at about 4 or 5 yrs old. Had zero clue what i was doing and didn't get to experience zelda again until ocarina at my neighbors.

Ok now I'm confused and need you to elaborate ( or am I confused? Yea I'm actually really confused lol) what do you mean by fishing for coins?

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature If you log in on the MyNintendo home page, there's a 50/50 chance that your Mii will be presented with a mini fishing game. A small pond appears next to the coin boxes, and you can then use the mouse to fish, literally, for free silver platinum coins.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

HobbitGamer

@NintendoByNature You sure can fish in GK! But the guy with a rod wants some stuff and he’s on the other side of the village from my place soooo.... he’s a low priority haha.

I just replaced Fork In The Road with an improved version!! I’m trying out a lot of folks’ stuff now, and I may work on my Legends of the Hidden Temple level idea over my four day weekend.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Have to correct myself there: 50/50 is actually not correct. There's only a small chance you'll get the fishing game, as I've just found out. Guess I've been lucky, the previous times. Although: lucky... it's only platinum coins, for which you only get lousy stuff anyway.

In about 8 of the 10 times you log on, you'll get either the fishing mini game, or a mini "game" where your Mii is chasing a coin, and all you have to do to collect it, is click on your Mii. In all other instances, you'll get some weird kind of animation/sketch featuring your Mii doing something, and him reacting in various ways, when you click on him, but that yields no coins.

Anyway, this is what it looks like:
Untitled
(what also works, if you don't land on the fishing game straight away, is to simply keep refreshing the page, once you're logged in)
How it works, is pretty simple: if your Mii's eyes grow large, then there's something on your hook. Simply click on the pond or floater, to reel it in, and then you'll see if you've caught a coin or something useless/semi-comical...

Have fun fishing.

P.S.

You've still got a double post four comments before this one...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ogo79

@ThanosReXXX
c wut i meen?

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

NintendoByNature

@ThanosReXXX ahh yea my guy is always chasing coin, sounds like me in real life 😉. And yea my phone was acting up and double posted. Took care of it though. If I see a pond I'll be sure to drop a line

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@ogo79 Actually no. Depends on what you're reacting to, in your typical retro-style...

@NintendoByNature Well, you can control that yourself, by refreshing the page. No need to wait until it randomly pops up...

And although only mildly, it's actually kind of entertaining to watch all the different animations/mini games that are available.

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Sorry about that.

No, not really.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

bimmy-lee

Whew, just had a whirlwind couple of days, but they were a lot of fun. Hosting old friends is great, but I think I was into my reserves by the time I got them to the airport. We hadn’t seen each other for a little over two years.

@ThanosReXXX - Hey friend, I couldn’t watch the first half yesterday, but we got planted in a pub for the second half. It wasn’t ideal, because the sound was off, and the color and play by play really helps keep me informed during the match. I can watch an NFL game with the sound off, and sometimes I have a better understanding of what’s happening; but I need the extra expertise with football. Another tense match, at least the second half. It seemed like they were playing more for survival with Rapinoe sitting. Hope she’s good for the final. It sounds like she will be from what little I’ve seen. When I look up the Dutch women’s schedule, it shows 3:00 pm today EST. Not sure what that means exactly because I can’t tell where the match is being played.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic