Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 30,441 to 30,460 of 96,531

bimmy-lee

@1UP_MARIO - I just took a quick look and found some unofficial extended life batteries on Amazon that look ready to explode. I didn’t find anything on NOA, but I found a thread on Reddit from March stating that Nintendo no longer sells any type of battery for the old girl. That was Reddit though, so grain of salt required.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

1UP_MARIO

@bimmy-lee I’m not too confident with the third party batteries after my experience with them. I’ve gone through 2 for the PSP and now the only way to play it is by having it plugged to the wall.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

bimmy-lee

@1UP_MARIO - The exact same thing happened to my younger brother after one third party battery. Then the charging port got loose because he absentmindedly yanked it off the cord a few times. He tried taping it on, but eventually the screen got broken because of youthful rage over the charging issue.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Tyranexx

I believe I'm getting to the point where my Gamepad needs a battery replacement. It's not too bad - it still lasts for a 2 hour gaming session - but that figure used to be closer to 3. I've had the system since mid-2015, so it's time. I use the pro controller in some scenarios, but I prefer going Gamepad-only for the GBA VC games; I much prefer them on a smaller screen.

(Edit: Okay, I understand that the battery life wasn't amazing to begin with, but I found 3 hours still somewhat reasonable for all but the longest gaming sessions.)

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

bimmy-lee

@Tyranexx - That’s amazing. I didn’t get three hours out of the box. Not sure it ever made it past two hours. Maybe it was a launch model issue. I rarely buy at launch, but I did with the WiiU because I was really ready to move on from my Wii.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Tyranexx

@bimmy-lee To be fair, a little bit of that time includes the red warning light; I normally didn't bother breaking out the charger until it started blinking. XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
Wii U gamepad battery will start to lose its energy if you don't use it very long time. 😐

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55

@Ninfan Well Steam just sells games. There are plenty of good games on it. And plenty of trash games because they let just about anyone list a game on there. But the vast majority of my gaming has been on Switch the last couple years. Before that it was a mix of Steam, 3DS, Wii U and PS4. And Blizzard' app "Battle.net" for Hearthstone and Overwatch.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Heavyarms55

I used to know how to fix this myself but I can't recall. When I tried using my Wii U again last night it no longer sees my router. At all. When scan I see my neighbor's routers and was able to connect to my phone's mobile hotspot, but it doesn't even see my router at all. It makes no sense because it was fine last time I used it.

I swear I fixed it before by power cycling the Wii U and router before, but that didn't work this time. It wasn't a big deal, because I was just checking what VC titles were listed but it is so weird that it doesn't see the signal at all. It's not even 2 feet away from the Switch which is connected just fine.

bimmy-lee

@Tyranexx - I’m not doubting you at all. I’ve always thought they went to a different battery early/mid gen because it was one of the early negatives about the system. For comparison, I usually took my gamepad to the solid red light, which meant I had about 45 seconds to plug it in. From blinking to solid red was usually only a minute or two.

@Anti-Matter - As long as the console is plugged in, the gamepad will draw from the battery. If you unplug the console, the gamepad stops trying to communicate. I’ve read that it’s best, for longer term storage of the gamepad and console, to charge the gamepad to 25-30% before you store it.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter The longest gap of time that I've went without using the Gamepad was about two months. In this case, I think the main thing is that it's starting to get to the tail end of its charge cycles. I've owned it for four years, after all.

It's still loads better than my original 3DS was before I swapped out the battery. There was a point where both the wireless and 3D were off, the brightness was set to low, and it would STILL only last about 20 minutes from a full charge on a standard 3DS game. XD

@bimmy-lee Depending on the game, the red light usually meant that I had a few minutes left. From your words, I wonder if they didn't indeed upgrade the battery (or at least the Gamepad's power consumption) at some point. The system I got was one of the bundles that shipped with Nintendo Land and Super Mario 3D World pre-installed.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
Do you think the official replacement battery for Wii U gamepad worthy enough ?
I haven't touched my Wii U for several months.

Anti-Matter

ogo79

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@ogo79 I am now tempted to post a "take this" meme, with a picture of an automatic forum page upkeeper, so you can keep up to date with actuality, instead of responding to comments 5 or more pages back...

but i do everything retro style. i respond late to make it a retro response. gotta keep it real

bimmy-lee wrote:

Hey @ogo79 , you still doing that livestream for Games Done Slow where you’re playing all the Genesis Sonic games without ever running?

hahaha hell yeah man

HobbitGamer wrote:

@ogo79 Zorak, if you don’t stop doing that I’m going to blast Brak

try it and see what happens mr pineapple guy

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee "Five unexpected things"

Sounds like the title of a novel about a guy having a hard time managing his underlings at the office...

You didn't miss much, by the way. I was almost embarrassed about having recommended the match to you. The US team was really struggling against Spain, and only won with the greatest of efforts, and a healthy dose of luck. I sincerely hope their next match, against France, is going to be a hell of a whole lot better.

As for the Wii U GamePad discussion: mine also lasts well over 2 hours in general, so must be that they added better batteries to the later models. I bought the black Mario Kart 8 bundle.

ogo79 wrote:

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@ogo79 I am now tempted to post a "take this" meme, with a picture of an automatic forum page upkeeper, so you can keep up to date with actuality, instead of responding to comments 5 or more pages back...

but i do everything retro style. i respond late to make it a retro response. gotta keep it real

Aha. Well, in that case: as you were...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter I'd charge the Gamepad first and see how long it lasts before deciding if you need a battery. If you notice that it's not lasting nearly as long as it used to, then it's time to get a new one.

The Nintendo website (US) still has them as of this writing, and I'm getting some hits elsewhere online; if I recall, your systems come from different regions, but some are from North America. As usual, just be careful if you are considering third-party batteries and do your homework before buying one.

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Ha, a book or a sitcom. Three of those unexpected things were money making opportunities, so I won’t complain about the couple times I had to do other people’s jobs yesterday. I read about the match an hour after it ended. It certainly sounds like they needed a dicey ref call at the end to seal it. Hopefully that was the sports karma payback for over celebrating 13 goals, and they can play well the rest of the way.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Heavyarms55

Have you guys ever made a character in a game so ridiciously over powered that it actually felt like you had enable "God-mode"?

I would say I am massively overleveled right now in SAO: Hollow Realization, but I'm not. There are tons of enemies at higher levels... and I am still just freaking one-shotting them! Enemy types that, earlier in the game were like good 5 minute fights are dropping in a single hit! Not the same enemies of course, obviously low level enemies would die like that. But the same type of tanky high HP enemies. It's fun and funny for all the wrong reasons. I'm having a blast but at the same time thinking "lol, why can I even do this?"

I love it! I love this game. The way you love a B-movie or a corny anime. Which is appropriate because it is based on a very corny anime. Like, it has all kinds of problems, but they are the right kind of enjoyable problems. Silly writing, game busting OP combos, the best kinds of cliches. Man, good times!

NintendoByNature

@Heavyarms55 I used to make over powered custom players in games like mvp or MLB the show , power and contact both 99. Just cracking hr's every other AB 😂

Edit:finishing the season with 93 hrs 234 rbi .874 BA

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

@Heavyarms55
"Have you guys ever made a character in a game so ridiciously over powered that it actually felt like you had enable "God-mode"?"

My sibling had ever grinded Yuna FF X until All her parameter was 255. So, with her Nirvana staff, she could deal 99,999 damage from her Attack command (I was thinking Woow... Hulk Yuna! ) 🤣

Also, on FF X if you have Yojimbo, you can pay 2 win for real (if you lucky enough).
Just a little bit money and if he nodded , say hello to Zanmato for Instant victory. 😆

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic