Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 30,461 to 30,480 of 96,447

NEStalgia

@Heavyarms55 I always do that in TES games. Morrowind & Oblivion both I had a massively overpowered Altmer mage that could pretty much just wave a hand and everything in visual range would explode in a ball of firey death....then heal myself while doing it....and in the case of my Morrowind mage....also levitate and fly from point to point, bypassing floors of tower-type dungeons. It felt like cheat mode...but it was an actual spell!

How's Hollow Realization btw? The only SA:O game I've tried is Fatal Bullet. The 5 minutes of gameplay I saw were fun...then it went into, seemingly, an hour of cutscenes and "walk around the city to talk to someone else" and every time I try it I end up not having enough time to get past that and to the next save point so I keep starting at the same point every time. I have Hallow Realization on PS4 (and one other) but I haven't looked into them yet.

NEStalgia

Jimut123

I need a suggestion. Could you suggest me some games, which the moves can be predicted by just looking at the picture? Like for Pong, we cannot predict the moves by looking at the pictures, but for Dino game in Google chrome we can!

Could you suggest some games like that in NES.

Jimut123

HobbitGamer

@Heavyarms55 After the addons came out, every run of Fallout 3 began with completing Operation Anchorage as early as possible so I could roam the wastes with an OP character sporting T51b and a Gauss Rifle.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Haha, yeah, it certainly did feel like karma. An actual, tough match to make them a bit more humble again. What could be seen at the end of it, was genuine happiness and relief, about still having made it, even though it most certainly was by the skin of their teeth.

And it was definitely a questionable, although understandable, ref call. The thing is, they're now playing with not just the main ref and two side-line refs, there's also three video refs, who constantly review and rewind every potentially missed foul, and they also have to power to question/recall a ref's initial decision, if they feel that the ref didn't make the right call, in which case, they have to come to the monitor themselves, to rewind and forward the footage in some kind of continuous loop, and from several camera angles, so they can also see and/or assess why the video ref disagrees with a decision, or called their attention to something they supposedly missed.

My sentiment about all that is that if you're a ref, and you're called to the monitor, to either re-assess your own judgment, or to see what you have apparently missed, then you must really have some kind of iron resolve, to not stray from your own, initial decision or point of view, so maybe not 9 out of 10 times, but certainly 7 or 8 times out of 10, they will ultimately go along with the video ref, because if there was apparently something to see, you'll eventually see it as well, if you keep winding the footage back and forth 20 or 30 times in a row...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

LuigibrineTheGreat

I am kinda crying rn..... RIP Etika

Be yourself, no matter who you are!
For me, that's being madly in love with fictional characters. Plz don't judge.
Yes, my first anime was High School DxD. Don't ask or judge!
Switch FC: SW-0507-9503-1127 | 3DS FC: 1736-0165-7775 | Battle.net: Luigibrine#1151

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Replays and video refs seem like they make a lot of sense, but they completely ruin the flow of a game. There’s really nothing I dislike more in sports than stopping the game so we can watch someone watching a replay for minutes at a time. The NFL is going to allow coaches to challenge pass interference next season, with automatic review of a questionable play in the last two minutes of each half. It’s going to be a total disaster. Sports are played and officiated by humans. There will be errors, with or without replays.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Completely agreed. And those continuously replayed moments are often times also taken out of context. Ever since this World Cup started, I've seen both sides of the coin, with penalties being discarded and acknowledged for next to no reason at all.

And to think that back in the day, all of us soccer fans were rooting and asking for video refs, so it's basically our own fault. Well, to be more exact: we wanted goal line technology in every match, and also cameras that were able to help a ref exclude any offside errors, but instead we got a completely camera-covered field, and a team of three video refs overseeing and dissecting literally every minute of the game.

Speaking of the game: just finished watching the Dutch team win their ticket to the quarter finals, and I'll be damned if it wasn't an EXACT copy of the match of the US team, with a really tough, grinding match against an almost unstoppable opponent, and one lucky penalty to get them the victory. And much like the US team, they were ever so happy and relieved to have dragged this victory away from the gates of Hell, because that's really how I see it. At least they admitted that they were under-performing. AGAIN.

I'm NOT happy with either the US or the Netherlands right now. The US is supposed to be the best team of the world right now, measured by current standings and data, and the Dutch are the reigning European champions, for crying out loud. And yet, save for a single good match by both teams, I'm still waiting for both of them to reach their full potential.

If they keep playing like this, then the US will lose it's next match against France this Friday, and the Dutch will lose their next match against Italy this Saturday. Here's hoping that both teams have now finally gotten their ultimate wake up call...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - NFL fans wanted replay as well. Then we immediately realized there’s a penalty on every play, we had opened pandora’s box, and there was no going back.

You know, there’s a special kind of sports malaise that can infect teams on top. The dog inside everyone is always out when we’re trying to reach the top. It gets more difficult to summon that dog when you get there though. Everyone is talking about how great you are, and you start to believe your pretty great. The pit bull becomes a pug, then one day the pug is out barking like a pit bull and what do you know... a real pit bull comes along and the pug gets bit. Greatness is measured by how you respond. Hopefully the US and Netherlands got that wake up call you mentioned.

limby-bee was a jerk.

HobbitGamer

I cooked tonight’s dinner yesterday so I could have a little more free time. Then I remembered I need to groom the dog and cat. I’ll see y’all in a bit. Gotta go find my chainmail.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Too bad this malaise often happens on the wrong moments, such as World Cups...

But the weird thing is, that the Dutch for example, were truly playing their socks off during the European Championship, and so they not only won it, but they also truly earned to win that tournament, and then some.

As things are now, I don't really want to see them to continue to only just barely win, all while continuing to stumble their way to the top with ugly and sometimes even hesitant football/soccer. The team itself thinks otherwise, and I suppose I'd probably agree if I were in their position, but still, far as I'm concerned, it would definitely be a cup with a BIG smudge on it...

bimmy-lee

@HobbitGamer - Good luck. Sorry if my terrible dog analogy reminded you of your duties. What kind of pup?

limby-bee was a jerk.

HobbitGamer

@bimmy-lee It wasn’t too ruff......
The pup (Rocky) is a 10lbs, four year old Chihuahua Terrier mix, and he’s pretty awesome. The cat (Jack) is a 19lbs black short hair, and he’s a sweet jerk. Jack only has one eye, and he’s from the streets. Whatever took his eye chomped his head too, because he also can’t meow or sound like a normal cat. If he tries, it just sounds raspy. So he meeps a lot. He’s the one I’ve gotta brush and shampoo next. He’s also my favorite, clearly.

#MudStrongs

Heavyarms55

@NintendoByNature I don't know enough about basketball to properlly appericiate that, but it sounds fun!

@Anti-Matter I still need to finish that game. I think I am right outside the that city Yuna was supposed to go to before everything went wrong.

@HobbitGamer I need to revisit FO3. Never played the DLC for it. Wasn't there a UFO thing?

@NEStalgia TES games are pretty popular for that sort of thing, true. A buddy of mine did everything there was to do in Oblivion that could possibly be done in a single playthrough. He said there was one achievement that he couldn't get without playing again.

I really am enjoying Hollow Realization. It is by no means a great game that will change anyone's mind about SAO. If you do or don't like SAO it'll likely just reinforce your opinions. It does have a lot of cut scenes and I think that is part of the point. The fighting and exploration loop is pretty fun and there are elements of loot grinding which I believe is how I achieved demi-god status. Comparing my current armor and weapons with the ones you get commonly is like comparing an M-16 to a flintlock pistol lol. The character creation tool is actually really cool, but because you still play as Kirito it feels weird to change the look. Initiailly I didn't realize that was the case and I spent an hour making my female player avatar - only to hear Kirito's voice come out and ruin it. (I just restarted and kept Kirito's design) the graphics range from "really beautiful I can't believe they got the Switch to do this" - down to "this would have looked bad on a PS2" but somehow it all transitions well and is never jarring. The only time I ran into some performance issues was when I killed like 6 enemies instantly with one attack and all the particles from their disintegrating bodies went off at once. Which really shouldn't ever happen. It only lasted a moment though.

Oh an storywise the games don't follow the anime very closely. It's like an alternate timeline where characters met at different points and there are some characters either only in the game, or introduced at a point in the novels that the anime hasn't reached, idk I haven't checked.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

HobbitGamer

@Heavyarms55 Yes! Mothership Zeta was the name. While I liked the tone and setting in New Vegas, 3 had the more enjoyable DLC for me. Each one was like a different place, not just an extension of the Mojave

#MudStrongs

klingki

Morpheel wrote:

Apparently there's a bowling minigame in Breath of the Wild and I have never ever seen it in-game

There is, and once you learn how to do it, it's actually one of the best ways to farm rupees.

klingki

Tyranexx

I finally made it to the end credits in Ultra Sun last night. Overall I enjoyed the game, but I can't help but feel that the originals did things a bit better plot-wise in some regards. In about everything else, it feels like they filled in what was missing or left out of the original Sun. I hope to tackle the post-game soon but will probably just play some Kirby this evening.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Well, I hope one or both of your two teams can get it in gear and make you proud. If it ends up US/Netherlands, I’ll be tempted to hop a plane and watch it with you, though I’d probably just be an annoying casual in a tense situation like that.

@HobbitGamer - With that mix, I bet Rocky thinks he’s 100 pounds. Seems like all terriers think they’re the biggest on the block, and chihuahuas either think that way, or they’re scared of everything. I’ve always wanted a chihuahua. Sorry to hear Jack had it rough before he met you. Sounds like he’s living a good life now though. I have a big 70 pound mutt named Maximus (after the Charles Olsen poem) who’s probably around 11-12 years old. We’ve had him for 10 years. Funeral homes, huh... you’ve seen a real zombie, haven’t you? It’s okay. I saw one once in a park. Freaked me out.

@Morpheel - I think there might be a couple spots where you can do boulder bowling. There’s definitely one “official” place to do it, but I can’t remember where it is on the map. There’s boulder golf as well, it’s different from the Korok seed puzzles where you roll a boulder into a hole. I played that game soooo much, and I bet if I turned it on right now, I’d find something new and unexpected.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Ninfan

@Jimut123 have you ever played thrust it's an old spectrum game .It is a bit like gravatar or gravator (not sure how you spell both them names ) one of these are nearly the same as thrust and maybe better. Its not like pong at all but one of the best games you will ever play. You have a small rectangle as your ship on the screen and fire out the back of it when you press the fire button an just work your way around a small course and try and make it to the end before your fuel runs out. You can download it from the internet for free you will find some sites if you Google it

Ninfan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic